New Jedi Knight Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lanmc9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lanmc9
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Hey, what do you guys think about another Star Wars Jedi Knight game? Do you think it would be cool? Or do you think the novelty has worn off?

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
Well in a way I hope they dont create another because is it get ruined by todays standards of mainstream, console lookout to games.
Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

Novelty? JKII was one of the best games I've played. I very much want another one. Academy wasn't nearly as good as outcast IMO, main reason being it didn't have first person saber combat.

pc4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 pc4ever
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts

If LucasArts can't pour a all of development money and talent to the next J.K. series then I will be there to grab a copy.But Lucasarts is not the company like it use to be.EA, Activision Ubisoft and so on are the big players and command the best talent and money.But time will tell if they want to revisit the game again...?

Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts
If they put as much effort into it as they did with Outcast. Then hell yes!
RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

It would be great to see the Jedi Knight series revitalised, but I share the concerns that it would be dumbed down.

At this point, I'd settle for a graphical revamp of the original Jedi Knight. Leave everything else intact, just upgrade the graphics. :/

Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

I'd love to see another JK game released as well. Wish the force unleashed came out for the pc, that ticked me off so bad.....but maybe it's a hint of what some of the force powers to come are in a new JK series.

SirMordredX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 SirMordredX
Member since 2009 • 326 Posts

It's actually going to be releases pretty soon on PC and Mac, in the form of the Sith Edition.

P.S. A new game in the JK series would rock, as long as they poured some further effort into making it current, rather than just a better looking remake, which would pretty much flop on the market judging by today's gameplay standards...

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I think Dark Force II: Jedi Knight is the best in the series. I'd be great to see a new JK game.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Hm..It would be cool. But you know what I'd like to see? A star wars game which covered the whole story, KOTOR, Republic, Empire and the New Republic. But you know, too much to ask.
V4SKUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 V4SKUNK
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts

Novelty? JKII was one of the best games I've played. I very much want another one. Academy wasn't nearly as good as outcast IMO, main reason being it didn't have first person saber combat.

Rob_101

Well i distinctly remember that on JK:Academy you could switch between 1st and 3rd person views regardless if you had your lightsaber or any other of your weapons. So your wrong i'm afraid. Also Academy was a much better game than JK2. Although i liked the first Darkforces Jedi Knight game and its expansion pack the best.

Full_Of_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Full_Of_Stars
Member since 2009 • 113 Posts

I also thought Outcast was much better than Academy. I don't know if it's possible to make another great Star Wars game due to compulsory inclusion of elements from episodes 1-3.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts

I think it would be great to have another one. However, given how Lucasarts treats PC ports nowadays, I actually hope they don't make one, unless they put effort into the PC version.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts

I think it would be great to have another one. However, given how Lucasarts treats PC ports nowadays, I actually hope they don't make one, unless they put effort into the PC version.

zomglolcats

Oh, Force Unleashed. *sigh.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Hmm i really want one.
Rob_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rob_101
Member since 2004 • 3291 Posts

[QUOTE="Rob_101"]

V4SKUNK

Well i distinctly remember that on JK:Academy you could switch between 1st and 3rd person views regardless if you had your lightsaber or any other of your weapons. So your wrong i'm afraid. Also Academy was a much better game than JK2. Although i liked the first Darkforces Jedi Knight game and its expansion pack the best.

I think you might have been able to use the guns in first person, but I was playing it a few months ago and distinctly remember there was no first person saber combat, which is why I was so turned off. I preferred JK2 over academy.

V4SKUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 V4SKUNK
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts

[QUOTE="V4SKUNK"]

[QUOTE="Rob_101"]

Rob_101

I think you might have been able to use the guns in first person, but I was playing it a few months ago and distinctly remember there was no first person saber combat, which is why I was so turned off. I preferred JK2 over academy.

I think if you press F10 or F12 in-game you could switch between witch view mode you wanted (i can't quite remember). When you use your lightsaber the game does auto-swap you to 3rd person mode though. I remeber it being quite annoying...But it was easy to swap back to 1st mode.