new case fans higher temps?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greenbread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 greenbread
Member since 2003 • 867 Posts

So i have the antec 300 case with the two stock exhaust fans on medium. I had an old 2000 rpm fan acting as an intake fan on the front of the case. it was loud!! so i got 2 coolermaster silent 1200 rpm fans for the front. I figured these would perform better then one fan. However my cpu temp has increased from 54 under load to 59. First off should i even be worrying or just leave it. I have a couple options.

1. place the 2000 rpm fan on the side slot as an intake blowing on my mobo and video card

2. place it on the front and put one of the 1200's on the side

3. leave everything alone, as my comp is much more quiet

4. other suggestions?

If you do suggest putting the 2000 back in the front does it matter if its on top or bottom slot?

thanks

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts
For me the biggest thing that affects my temperatures is ambient temperatures. For example last night I was stress testing my CPU for maximum heat and my temps got dangerously close to 73*C. I went and turned on my air conditioner and ran the same stress test and it stayed at 68*C. I would monitor your temps at different temps in your house, that could be your biggest factor. 59*C is still very much in the safe range.
cpdowling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cpdowling
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts

Did you get that temp during a stress test because its a bit high for idle. If its under stress it looks quite good but if you want it to be cooler replace your cpu cooler instead of case fans, that only make about less than 5c difference if you already have a couple of fans.