Need some opinion about diablo 3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zillaschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zillaschool
Member since 2004 • 1610 Posts

I am a huge fan of titan quest and played it for counless hours and i also have grim dawn and like it very much,idk why but for some reason it didnt captured me like titan quest did and i am thinking about diablo 3.I am almost always gonna play solo because i dont like multiplayer much,now i am asking if its worth buying diablo 3 ultimate evil edition?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Zillaschool said:

I am a huge fan of titan quest and played it for counless hours and i also have grim dawn and like it very much,idk why but for some reason it didnt captured me like titan quest did and i am thinking about diablo 3.I am almost always gonna play solo because i dont like multiplayer much,now i am asking if its worth buying diablo 3 ultimate evil edition?

It's good fun for both single player and co-op.

Have you played Diablo 1 and 2 ? If not I suggest start from the beginning so you get all the story.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Zillaschool said:

Awesome game, buy it - you can wait for Black Friday if you want 50% discount.

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

You are talking right to me here... i liked Titan Quest a lot more also. It gives you complete open control of your character and how you build it... almost too much control. One playthrough I made a character that was too powerful and I was just blasting everything with no effort. I had 2 pets and i could basically just let them kill everything.

Graphically Titans Quest has better graphics also in most areas... like how the grass is detailed and moves as you run through it, and the trees look pretty good also. Diablo 3 everything looked so dark and flat, and its a newer game than Titans Quest made by a billion dollar company, i expected a lot more.

And then theres mods also, theres mods that give you skins, and also mods that even let you rotate the camera... you can't do anything like that in Diablo 3.

Both games storyline have a linear progression but Titans Quest is a large world with most of the game occurring outdoors and not in awful dark dungeons and its not split up with little load screens like Diablo 3. Also when you kill an enemy, it stays on ground dead, it doesn't just magically disappear. Even if you leave far off the screen and come back, all the things you killed are still sitting in the exact same place. Only time they disappear is when you restart the game.

And most importantly... you can play the game offline so you don't have lag to ruin the game. The PC version of Diablo 3 forces you to be connected online at all times... i can't tell you how badly i lag in games and it ruined Diablo 3 even more with this.

Diablo 3's combat is more action paced because they throw a ton of enemies at you which i like, but with all that lag it pretty much cancels out the fun. If you have perfect internet 24/7 i guess being forced to play online all the time isn't an issue as it is for me.

I know i said i prefer Titans graphics, but both games graphics and variety become really repetitive quickly and you don't see anything that interesting, but Titan at least some of the environments you see look nice unlike Diablo 3 where everything is black and dark.

Also theres a very well done day/night cycle and shadows that actually move slowly as the day passes in Titans Quest... Diablo 3 has nothing like that. Its always the same time of day in that game, its just awful... Diablo 3 is a newer game btw and made by a billion dollar company (had to be repeated but they are just awful blizzard is a joke).

I think both games give you too much junk loot that just is annoying to look at and a waste of time to pick up with the terribly small inventory space in both games.

and ya, don't buy Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition, its just more of the same. Im sorry i mostly talked about Titans quest, but i really don't care much for Diablo 3, i couldn't wait to finish the game and delete it off my PC. I actually felt good when i deleted and knew i would never play it again. Just lag, and dark blurry graphics, complete waste of a game.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Path of Exile, the best and it's free as well.

As someone who spent years on Diablo 2, Diablo 3 was a huge letdown

Zillaschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zillaschool

@Yams1980: WTF lag even if i play sp?!?! AND guess what i dont have very stable net...thats one of the reason i prefer sp game...when i saw always online i thought it will just verify copy and online save function.....damn.

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

@Zillaschool: As someone who played thousands of hours with Diablo 1, 2, 3, Grim Dawn, Path of Exile, Torchlight 1,2, Marvel Heroes, Titan Quest, Nox, Loki, and... I can't remember what else at the moment.

Just stay away from Diablo 3. Its current state is better from what it was 4 years ago, but it still sux.

The game feels that is more designed to be a console e-sport game rather than a Diablo arpg.

On the other hand like @howmakewood said, Path of Exile is the best at the moment (since you already played Grim Dawn) but it requires internet too (they have servers all over the world, the lag should not exist now).

And in the end, probably Diablo 4 is near...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

It's alright. It's definitely not as fun as the previous installments. I suggest checking out Diablo II if you haven't already. That said, I put a lot of hours into Diablo III and I completed it with 3 different classes. The thing that really bothers me is how much better I find it on PS4. You don't have to be online, local co-op is a blast, and it runs and plays great. I regret getting the pc version in a way even though I definitely got my money's worth.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FelipeInside

@SOedipus said:

It's alright. It's definitely not as fun as the previous installments. I suggest checking out Diablo II if you haven't already. That said, I put a lot of hours into Diablo III and I completed it with 3 different classes. The thing that really bothers me is how much better I find it on PS4. You don't have to be online, local co-op is a blast, and it runs and plays great. I regret getting the pc version in a way even though I definitely got my money's worth.

Local co-op on the PS4 is a pain with Inventory switching. Also performance suffers in busy areas.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SOedipus

@FelipeInside said:
@SOedipus said:

Local co-op on the PS4 is a pain with Inventory switching. Also performance suffers in busy areas.

Could be. I haven't played it in over a year, maybe more. I just remember having a lot of fun and enjoying it more on the console. Good company helps too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

Diablo 3 wasn't that great. I didn't really like that you had to grind the game through multiple times until you got the challenging part, and by then, you've obviously seen it all... It's tedious. Plus the gameplay is same that it has been in all isometric action RPGs since the first dinosaur was born. Epic let down in my books. I guess it was made for a handful of diehard fans, who didn't let there be any changes to how the franchise plays.

Zillaschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zillaschool

Is diablo 3 like titan quest where you have to finish normal to unlock epic and such?or like torchlight where u choose different difficulty at the begaining of the game and stuck to it?Lets say i finish the game on normal what happnes next?Sorry i never played any biablo game before so i dont know much about its mechanics,and also is diablo ii worth playing now?if so then which one should i buy ii or the expansion one?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FelipeInside

@Zillaschool said:

Is diablo 3 like titan quest where you have to finish normal to unlock epic and such?or like torchlight where u choose different difficulty at the begaining of the game and stuck to it?Lets say i finish the game on normal what happnes next?Sorry i never played any biablo game before so i dont know much about its mechanics,and also is diablo ii worth playing now?if so then which one should i buy ii or the expansion one?

Start with 1 and play the whole series, totally worth it.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SOedipus

@Zillaschool said:

To answer your first question, no. There are multiple difficulties to choose from in Diablo III. And Diablo III's difficulty options are different from the previous 2 games.
In Diablo I and II you start on normal and after you beat it you have the option to choose a higher difficulty with the character you completed with.
I thought the first one was great to experience, but I haven't gone back to it since II. I still see the battle chest being sold in some retailers which includes Diablo, Diablo II and II's expansion. I'd recommend getting that.

@groowagon said:

Diablo 3 wasn't that great. I didn't really like that you had to grind the game through multiple times until you got the challenging part, and by then, you've obviously seen it all... It's tedious. Plus the gameplay is same that it has been in all isometric action RPGs since the first dinosaur was born. Epic let down in my books. I guess it was made for a handful of diehard fans, who didn't let there be any changes to how the franchise plays.

I agree with you on everything except your last sentence. If anything Blizzard did the opposite of what fans wanted. They dumbed it down significantly. In the first two games you could easily **** up your character if you didn't plan it right. That's almost impossible in Diablo III since you can change your abilities if you feel like playing in a different way or to suit your needs in specific situations.

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

One advantage Diablo 3 has is customized loot. I believe you can't trade in the game but the loot drops are really good. They kept the loot drops high in that game and you get all kinds of really good gear from just a few hours of playing.

You don't have to grind like in Diablo 2 to get that really cool sword for your Barbarian to use Whirlwind for example. In Diablo 3 the loot comes fast and furious, so you always feel like you're progressing.

You may be able to try out a demo. Ask someone for a guest pass for Diablo 3 I'm sure someone here has one laying around.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

Pillars of eternity is the game for you

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts

Compared to Titan Quest and Grim Dawn, Diablo 3 is crap. I'm on the bus, so I'm not gonna explain. Just wanted to warn you.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts

@Litchie said:

Compared to Titan Quest and Grim Dawn, Diablo 3 is crap. I'm on the bus, so I'm not gonna explain. Just wanted to warn you.

I wouldn't say diablo 3 is crap, I still enjoyed it, but grim dawn or path of exile is the way to go now days for arpg games.