Need some advice on KB/M

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamerperson33
Member since 2011 • 557 Posts
Hey guys, this might be the wrong forum, but I decided to post it here cause you guys are awesome. Anyways, I'm just about to purchase a KB / M, but I've narrowed down to these choices, and it would be great if you guys could give me any feedback. I did read some reviews and such, but I wanted to get your insight on it as well. Well here are the choices, and I also have listed additional options as well. Keyboard: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-002232-Gaming-Keyboard-G110/dp/B002RRLQIO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1316231387&sr=8-7 I'm also thinking about the Razer Lycosa, but I've heard bad things about it. What do you guys think? Mouse: http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Cyborg-CCB437080002-04/dp/B003CP0BHM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1316399683&sr=1-1 I really like all of the customization options on this mouse, but I'm also looking at the Razer Deathadder. If money was not an issue just between these two mouses, what would you recommend? Well, thanks a lot guys again for helping me out!
k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts
Don't get a Logitech board. They are flashy junk. Get a mechanical keyboard instead for the tactile feedback. The Razer Blackwidow is a Mechanical board and is in the same budget as that Logitech. I haven't used the RAT so I won't say anything about it. I use a Logitech G500 and it is a solid mouse.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
I use to recommend Logitech all the time.....they kind of suck now. I much prefer Razer's keyboards now. They are sleek, sexy, and get the job done quite well. As for the mouse, it's gotten some nice praise from the articles I have read, so if you think you will take advantage of the features it offers I say go for the mouse. I would check into maybe a Steele series keyboard, or like I said a Razer. I still have my Lycosa and love it :)
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
I don't recommend Logitech either. I've been having pretty bad luck with them lately. I've only had my Razer Deathadder black edition for a short time now, but so far I really love it and would definitely recommend it for a reasonably priced gaming mouse. I've never used that RAT 7, but while the customization options are cool, it looks stupid as hell and uncomfortable to me. :P

I'm considering the Razer Lycosa myself right now because of how fond I am of the Deathadder.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 millerlight89
but while the customization options are cool, it looks stupid as hell and uncomfortable to me. :P raven_squad
I thought the same, but I played around with one on display and it was AMAZING. It felt so natural. I'll agree it is ugly though :P
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Razer fo' sho'. I love my Lycosa, get it.

Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gamerperson33
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, and judging from all these posts, no Logitech products for me this time.

psn8214
I've heard there are a lot of problems with the Lycosa, are those just instanced issues, or do you seem to be having problems with it as well? One of the most common issues I've heard is that the keys stick a lot, so you have to unplug your keyboard, wait a couple of seconds and then plug it in again.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 millerlight89
[QUOTE="Gamerperson33"] I've heard there are a lot of problems with the Lycosa, are those just instanced issues, or do you seem to be having problems with it as well? One of the most common issues I've heard is that the keys stick a lot, so you have to unplug your keyboard, wait a couple of seconds and then plug it in again.

Never had my keys stick on me once.
toad1956

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 toad1956
Member since 2004 • 1127 Posts
You can not go wrong with the MX510 Logitech mouse.
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

i love razer...got a carachias headset the mamba mouse and onza 360 pad...couldnt be happier with them

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Don't get a Logitech board. They are flashy junk. Get a mechanical keyboard instead for the tactile feedback. The Razer Blackwidow is a Mechanical board and is in the same budget as that Logitech. I haven't used the RAT so I won't say anything about it. I use a Logitech G500 and it is a solid mouse. k0r3aN_pR1d3
Don't get a Logitech board. They are flashy junk. Get a mechanical keyboard instead for the tactile feedback. The Razer Blackwidow is a Mechanical board and is in the same budget as that Logitech. I haven't used the RAT so I won't say anything about it. I use a Logitech G500 and it is a solid mouse. k0r3aN_pR1d3
I don't recommend Logitech either. I've been having pretty bad luck with them lately. I've only had my Razer Deathadder black edition for a short time now, but so far I really love it and would definitely recommend it for a reasonably priced gaming mouse. I've never used that RAT 7, but while the customization options are cool, it looks stupid as hell and uncomfortable to me. :P

I'm considering the Razer Lycosa myself right now because of how fond I am of the Deathadder. raven_squad

Very weird. I've always used Logitech and never have had a problem with either the mice or keyboards.

One of the keys on my G11 died and Logitech replaced it without a problem.

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, and judging from all these posts, no Logitech products for me this time. [QUOTE="psn8214"]

Gamerperson33

I've heard there are a lot of problems with the Lycosa, are those just instanced issues, or do you seem to be having problems with it as well? One of the most common issues I've heard is that the keys stick a lot, so you have to unplug your keyboard, wait a couple of seconds and then plug it in again.

Razer Lycosa is one od the worst keyboard out there...i have one and it b roke down on me...and yes i had the problem with the keys not responding...at first i had only to unplug it and everything was back to normal...after a while...it didnt worked anymore...all of that happened in the first 6 months...I should of search some specific forums before buying it...because it seems that 50% of the people that have/had a lycosa said it broke down in the first year...

I also had two mice from Razer...one of them Abyssus...i can tell you that i Razer makes their products from cheap and poor quality materials...The Abyssus is made from a very cheap kind of plastic with a cheap wire...it is junk...

I would not recommend Razer to anyone...

Now i have this keyboard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YWdUu2wPcM (Tt Challenger) and a G500...i couldnt be more satisfied with them both...

Avatar image for deactivated-5fae21e61a964
deactivated-5fae21e61a964

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5fae21e61a964
Member since 2005 • 765 Posts
I'd have to recommend the G15 keyboard and the G9x mouse. I enjoy my "flashy junk".
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Just don't get the R.A.T. 7. I have both the Razer Mamba and the Saitek R.A.T. 9 (is the same as the R.A.T. 7 but wireless) and despite both have some flaws the problems of the R.A.T. are worse. Cons:

#The lens from the R.A.T. is somewhat erratic, sometimes being freezed or unable to read/move horizontally. Annoying as hell when happens.

#The software forces you to load your customized setup any time you turn on your PC.

#Despite the innovations in ergonomics, the mouse isn't as comfortable as you can expect. Tons of sharp edges.

As probation about I have those ones:

Gamerperson33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gamerperson33
I'm probably going to go with the R.A.T 7 for the mouse, but the mixed reviews of the Razer Lycosa are keeping me on the fence. I think I might just go with the Razer Blackwidow (Standard Edition) since they don't seem to run in the same problem as the Lycosa do generally.
CassiusGaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CassiusGaius
Member since 2006 • 865 Posts

If you can spend a bit more get a mechanical keyboard. I have a razer blackwidow myself, but people say they are the worst.. I don't know I like mine. Either way mechanical keyboards are awesome and I guess my ignorance of greater mechanical keyboards is a blessing.

Just note that keyboards like the blackwidow are mx blue switches and they are quite loud. If the prospect of a loud clickity clack keyboard bother you, you can invest in a more expensive and quiet mechnical keyboard with different switches.

Again, I can't stress enough how awesome mechnical keyboards are.