Napoleon Total War.. So much fun.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts

I played a 40 minute match, I won.. barely.

Its so much fun fooling around with thousands of units, fighting until the bitter end. Has anyone played this game in the series? What do you guys think about it?

ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Its so much fun fooling around with thousands of units, fighting until the bitter end. Has anyone played this game in the series? What do you guys think about it?

Easyle

Decent, I prefer empire by far though. But I'm looking even more forward to Shogun 2.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

I have played every game in the series extensively since Shogun and I love this one just as much as any of them (love Rome the most though :D)... I usually only play comp stomp in MP with friends (players vs computers), so I don't have much experience there, but I have put about 200 hours into Empire and Napoleon and loved every second of it...

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

I have played this game for a couple of hours now and found it ereally fun though tough at some battles. I rather see them die then run away.

garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts
I have had a few battles on the game myself although I have not been on it recently. The game seems good fun and an RTS where you have to think over a strategy as I found to my dismay as my untis got destroyed trying to rush into the enemy base (as they had catapults firing at my advancing troops as i was trying to break into the base as my co-op partern had got destroyed on the other side of the bulding we needed to capture).
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#6 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I love the game to, Empire is bigger, but Napoleon is so much more polished its not even funny.

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
I like medieval 2 better, if only for the teutonic knights.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
Meh...Empire and Napleon killed the game for me when they brought in gun powder. Yeah medieval had gun powder but it was at the end game.
Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts
Meh...Empire and Napleon killed the game for me when they brought in gun powder. Yeah medieval had gun powder but it was at the end game.MrLions
I think Napoleon's time is the best for Total War, Gunpowder and Swords. lol.
AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AleksandarTale
Member since 2007 • 2906 Posts

Easyle

I like Napoleon , but i prefer Empire only because it has an American and Indian map.But from the series i think i likes medieval the most.Looking forward to Shogun 2.

sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
I haven't played Napoleon yet, mainly because I haven't explored Empire as much as I should. I enjoyed the 20+ hours I've put into it, but I can't quite justify picking up essentially the same game when I haven't even given the 1st enough playtime. What specifically is more refined about it?
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I was playing Rome and then Napolean one after another, stayed up to 3-4 for couple of school nights and then I had to put it down and havent went back to it yet. Really addicting for sure and really hard too.

MisterEditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MisterEditor
Member since 2010 • 185 Posts

I love this game as well. Though I'd probably say on balance that Empire is slightly better.

thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

Meh...Empire and Napleon killed the game for me when they brought in gun powder. Yeah medieval had gun powder but it was at the end game.MrLions
Plus it was more epic using cannons on the capital city of your last enemy then using cannons ALL THE TIME.

So i argee with this post,

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

had the chance to play the game at a friends house a couple of weeks ago.. its a great game..