MW2 Boycotters: the ones who didn't make it.

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

I admit, when i first heard about all the stuff about Modern Warfare 2, I was really mad and was determined i would never get it.

...but now i have it spinning in my disk drive, faster than a trackstar, all because i want to shoot a Famas....

I know lots of people who said they would get it from the start that have it right now, but did any of you guys who were boycotting it give in? What made you purchase it?

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
I haven't given in yet, and I don't really see myself ever giving in. 9v9 and a $60 price tag killed it for me. I'm not even really worried about the no-dedicated server issue (though I do think it sucks, that alone wouldn't have stopped me from playing).
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

I wasn't boycotting, I just didn't have much interest in it after I heard about the "changes". I also wanted to get it when it reached 30 euros or so (special price, steam sale, etc) but nope, not after I read the interview with their plans for multiplayer (Activision) >_> I won't get this game, I don't even care about the CoD series anymore, I'm happy with 1,2, UO and 4, that's the ending of the CoD series for me.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Enough of these threads :P And no, I am about to buy COD4.
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts

jas it been even a week yet? nice boycot :D

lambalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 lambalot
Member since 2004 • 1798 Posts

not buying it unless i find it for under £10. if not i dont really care about the game.

ravenguard90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ravenguard90
Member since 2005 • 3064 Posts

Well, I initially refused to buy any version of MW2, but then initially gave in and got the console version. Granted, I stayed far away from the PC version, but I still feel bad for giving Activision/IW my money for doing such a thing to PC gaming :cry:

Soapweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Soapweed
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

I got the PS3 version as a gift and I have to admit I'm enjoying it.

If you just wanted to fire a Famas you could just play Counter Strike Source.

3sFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 3sFan
Member since 2009 • 637 Posts

I haven't given in yet, and I don't really see myself ever giving in. 9v9 and a $60 price tag killed it for me. I'm not even really worried about the no-dedicated server issue (though I do think it sucks, that alone wouldn't have stopped me from playing).zomglolcats

I'd rather have 9v9 without spawn killing then 16v16/32v32 with spawn killing.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
You can boycott the game and still play it. Just saying.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

I was never boycotting it, so I felt no qualms purchasing the title.

robertlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 robertlie
Member since 2003 • 866 Posts

Not buying it, nor am i boycotting it. It's just that I'm mainly a single player gamer. And i don't buy games that I'm gonna finish in a few hours before they are in the bargain bins. I mean, i have bought Risen, DA:O and Fallout 3 GOTY. So I'm good...

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

I wasn't going to buy it anyway (a generic military FPS doesn't appeal to me even slightly) but due to their treatment of PC gamers, I will not purchase another game that Activision publishes. I'd rather set my money on fire than give it to those scumbags.

blade55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 blade55555
Member since 2005 • 1116 Posts
Nope don't even care about the game at all ^^.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
You can boycott the game and still play it. Just saying.KHAndAnime
Where are you from?
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]You can boycott the game and still play it. Just saying.chandu83
Where are you from?

Canada. :)
Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts
i gave in, gave up, got hyped for it once more and gave it a shot.. and i love it
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

I wasn't going to buy it anyway (a generic military FPS doesn't appeal to me even slightly) but due to their treatment of PC gamers, I will not purchase another game that Activision publishes. I'd rather set my money on fire than give it to those scumbags.

-wildflower-

lol... How can anyone refuse a Blizzard product? PC Gaming is Blizzard! Aslyum must really admire MW2, granted he's been playing it for quite some time on the friends list, lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga7NuhRbdUk

Simply marvelous!

Varny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Varny
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

RVS is better

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#20 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
You can boycott the game and still play it. Just saying.KHAndAnime
Wasn't the whole point of the boycott that you sign the petition so you don't buy it? If you buy it then you give IW and Activision money, showing that you are willing to pay despite the changes you are aware of?
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 biggest_loser

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

OoSuperMarioO

lol... How can anyone refuse a Blizzard product? PC Gaming is Blizzard! Aslyum must really admire MW2, granted he's been playing it for quite some time on the friends list, lol...

Simply marvelous!

I've had this debate with people a number of times - and the conclusion seems to be that Activision-Blizzard, despite being merged, are still separate companies.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Even fudgeblood bought it :lol:
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -wildflower-

Unfortunately, I don't share the popular opinion most people seem to have of Blizzard. I don't like RTS, I thought Diablo (either one) was repetitive and boring and WoW, well, that particular horse has been beaten to death so I won't get into that again. Honestly, If Blizzard never made another game I wouldn't be affected in the least.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OoSuperMarioO

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

biggest_loser

Simply marvelous!

I've had this debate with people a number of times - and the conclusion seems to be that Activision-Blizzard, despite being merged, are still separate companies.

They are separate entities, but Activision's success, or Blizzard's success effects the other. In addition, Bobby Kotick(The emperor) is President and CEO of Activision Blizzard. Had Battle.net not been successful, you probably would not have seen a service much like IWnet.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 biggest_loser

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"][QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]lol... How can anyone refuse a Blizzard product? PC Gaming is Blizzard! Aslyum must really admire MW2, granted he's been playing it for quite some time on the friends list, lol...

Simply marvelous!

OoSuperMarioO

They are separate entities, but Activision's success, or Blizzard's success effects the other. In addition, Bobby Kotick(The emperor) is President and CEO of Activision Blizzard. Had Battle.net not been successful, you probably would not have seen a service much like IWnet.

Its a matchmaking system thats exactly the same on consoles though? Console matchmaking cannot be attributed to Battle.net entirely.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OoSuperMarioO

[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"]

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"] I've had this debate with people a number of times - and the conclusion seems to be that Activision-Blizzard, despite being merged, are still separate companies. biggest_loser

Its a matchmaking system thats exactly the same on consoles though? Console matchmaking cannot be attributed to Battle.net entirely.

IWnet is structuring to be much more than a console structure. The design seems heavily influence from specifically Battle.net

However, I can double-think you and tell you it's not like Battle.net even though in reality it is.

All these services in terms of matchmaking works similar to Xbox Live, in a sense the goals are essentially the same.

NewbAmoeba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NewbAmoeba
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

Company of Heroes

Supreme Commander

World in Conflict

Sins of a Solar Empire

Dawn of War 2

All great games, haven't played Supreme Commander myself but I hear its a great game. The rest I own and I enjoy them all. I also say get ready for Starcraft 2! That will be another great RTS to add to this list. I heard Empire: Total War is also good, but the Total War gameplay is a lot different from the normal RTS style, and its one that I'm especially not keen to or like either.

pvtdonut54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 pvtdonut54
Member since 2008 • 8554 Posts

[QUOTE="-wildflower-"]

OoSuperMarioO

Simply marvelous!

Is that you? :x

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
Naah ... was never interested in it , found it's single player just to be about explosions and stuff and multiplayer which was simplistic and more about grinding
MondeEdlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MondeEdlu
Member since 2005 • 181 Posts
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]You can boycott the game and still play it. Just saying.biggest_loser
Wasn't the whole point of the boycott that you sign the petition so you don't buy it? If you buy it then you give IW and Activision money, showing that you are willing to pay despite the changes you are aware of?

Try reading between the lines
Lucifericus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lucifericus
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts

I have not bought this game either. Not because I'm boycotting it but because I'd rather spend my money on a much better game with a worthy single player. That game is Assassins Creed 2.

Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts
I have yet to buy it, and I feel sorry for all the weak-minded who were supposedly boycotting te games and buy it.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I won't buy it until it goes 80% off or got proper patch which add dedicated server and mod support to the game.
artiedeadat40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 artiedeadat40
Member since 2007 • 1695 Posts

I allways laugh when I see those boycotts since you know that at least half of the people signing the boycott will buy the game in the first couple of months of it's release at least the OP is honest and not alone.

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

Even fudgeblood bought it :lol:dakan45

Lol. Fudgeblood buys everything. He has 159 some games on Steam.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 biggest_loser
[QUOTE="biggest_loser"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]You can boycott the game and still play it. Just saying.MondeEdlu

Explain how. You buy the game, they get more money, you're supporting them.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
^^ he talked about playing the game and about buying it
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 OoSuperMarioO

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Even fudgeblood bought it :lol:psn8214

Lol. Fudgeblood buys everything. He has 159 some games on Steam.

lol...Fudgeblood, totally hammering the game and then makes a purchase. Indeed very hilarious.

CheddaBumpz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CheddaBumpz
Member since 2009 • 64 Posts

[QUOTE="MondeEdlu"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"] Wasn't the whole point of the boycott that you sign the petition so you don't buy it? If you buy it then you give IW and Activision money, showing that you are willing to pay despite the changes you are aware of? biggest_loser

Explain how. You buy the game, they get more money, you're supporting them.

i had better not get moderated for going out of my way to clarify somebody else's point. the idea is, you still PLAY the game, but you don't ever BUY the game. perhaps with an eyepatch on and a parrot on your shoulder.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dakan45

I have not bought this game either. Not because I'm boycotting it but because I'd rather spend my money on a much better game with a worthy single player. That game is Assassins Creed 2.

Lucifericus
FAIL...i mean come on, pick another game not Repettion creed 2. ...seriously your post started so well and then you just throw assasin's creed 2? I was under the understanding that people dislike repettive games more than linear shooters...
ACEHERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ACEHERO
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts
I'm still holding out, I got l4d2 and dragons age and Divinity: ego draconis to tide me over at the moment....which should help me forget about mw2 till next year
Lucifericus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lucifericus

[QUOTE="Lucifericus"]

dakan45

FAIL...i mean come on, pick another game not Repettion creed 2. ...seriously your post started so well and then you just throw assasin's creed 2? I was under the understanding that people dislike repettive games more than linear shooters...

Fail for having an opinion? Okay. By the way, I enjoy Assassins Creed 2, so that's why I picked it. And don't give me that "repetitive" bull****. You gave Far Cry 2 a 9 in your review. I can't even take your post seriously because of that. :lol:

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#43 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

If Activision Blizzard was a true merge and a single company as a whole, MW2 would probably be played over Battle.net.

k0r3aN_pR1d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 k0r3aN_pR1d3
Member since 2005 • 2148 Posts
My defenses were batted but they are still standing and under repair.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Lucifericus"]

Lucifericus

Fail for having an opinion? Okay. By the way, I enjoy Assassins Creed 2, so that's why I picked it. And don't give me that "repetitive" bull****. You gave Far Cry 2 a 9 in your review. I can't even take your post seriously because of that. :lol:

Its a joke for those people who say "its another linear shooter, so its crap why bother":P

Very sorry if you thought i was for real;)

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#46 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

Got it launch day, prefer PC controls over console controls.

I had lots of fun in multiplayer. Especially now that I no longer as most would say "suck."

The only problems I seen with the game are:

- To short of a campaign

- Only 2 people in co-op, why not 4, why not the whole campaign?

- One mission in the game is extremely disturbing and why it is in there puzzles me.

- Can't max out settings on my PC, which I was able to do to most game that are also on 360 (problem with game or my rig IDK).

- No zambie survival mode, why not, Treyark copied pretty much everything from Modern Warfare for World at War and Infinity Ward can't make a Modern version of "Nazi Zombies?"

Lucifericus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lucifericus

[QUOTE="Lucifericus"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] FAIL...i mean come on, pick another game not Repettion creed 2. ...seriously your post started so well and then you just throw assasin's creed 2? I was under the understanding that people dislike repettive games more than linear shooters...dakan45

Its a joke for those people who say "its another linear shooter, so its crap why bother":P

Very sorry if you thought i was for real;)

Even if you weren't for real. Assassins Creed 2 is a great game, yes a little repetitive like the first, but great storyline and awesome game play nonetheless. Also, what game isn't repetitive these days?

I think people are forgetting what gaming is about. See, It isn't about who plays the better games, it's about playing the games YOU like and enjoying yourself while you are at it. There's no need to act so hostile like in your original reply to my post. You could have said it nicely or better yet just ignored what I said.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 biggest_loser

Got it launch day, prefer PC controls over console controls.

I had lots of fun in multiplayer. Especially now that I no longer as most would say "suck."

The only problems I seen with the game are:

- To short of a campaign

- Only 2 people in co-op, why not 4, why not the whole campaign?

- One mission in the game is extremely disturbing and why it is in there puzzles me.

- Can't max out settings on my PC, which I was able to do to most game that are also on 360 (problem with game or my rig IDK).

- No zambie survival mode, why not, Treyark copied pretty much everything from Modern Warfare for World at War and Infinity Ward can't make a Modern version of "Nazi Zombies?"

snover2009
Some of those missions you just couldn't have in Co-op. Like the last fight for example. Don't worry - I thought of it myself. Were you really that concerned about the airport mission? Its highly integral to the makeup of the plot.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -wildflower-

i had better not get moderated for going out of my way to clarify somebody else's point. the idea is, you still PLAY the game, but you don't ever BUY the game. perhaps with an eyepatch on and a parrot on your shoulder.CheddaBumpz

I wouldn't even suggest that as a form of protest because all it does in the end is give IW and Activision ammo to justify their treatment of PC gamers. The best thing to do is simply ignore the game.

greatmax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 greatmax1
Member since 2006 • 1868 Posts
I was kind of mad at first when they said there wouldn't be dedicated servers. I've always hated playing in servers with more than 10-12 people, so I'm totally happy with the new player limit. If they enable console and dedicated servers, then the game would be pretty much the way I wanted cod4 to be.