most disturbing games

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProjectClash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ProjectClash
Member since 2010 • 805 Posts

I havn't played many horror games so i would have to go with Condemned.

The majority of the game is played using melee so it can be rather scary at times being rushed by multiple enemies.

cabose38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 cabose38
Member since 2005 • 1162 Posts

[QUOTE="cabose38"]

[QUOTE="snared04"]

And for those of us who haven't ever played it... chapter 3 info would be... yeah, a spoiler. Good call.

StrawberryHill

Yeah, but there are like 60 chapters. There is no time at any point that says, oh, I wonder how he kills his victims.

It's still a spoiler...you know how to use the spoiler tags? :roll:

I wasn't the one that spoiled it, I just said that it wasn't really a big spoiler.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
Gog.com just put Sanitarium on sale at 30% off. :)
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

System Shock 2

Falconoffury
QUOTE SPOILERS "Life grows within these walls, life that has never seen the surface of the earth" Or "Last night i had a dream, i was alone in the room but when i looked at the mirror, there were so many of me, (Voice changes) i felt like i was a part of something big. I hope i see the same dream tonnight" Dustirbing as hell!!!
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Most disturbing would easily go to Silent Hill 2 and 3 for me. I love horror games and have played so amazing games, but in terms of just disturbing and really messing with your head, Silent Hill never dissapoints me.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

This thread has inspired me to try to get Darkseed to working. I have an old copy I purchased from Ebay. I tried to play it on Vista but couldn't get it working. It took me about 10 minutes of reading and installing, but I have working on Windows 7. :)

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Penumbra?havokmaster
Oh man I recently purchased Penumbra: Black Plague off of Steam and man is that creepy. It's good.
nikola96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#58 nikola96
Member since 2008 • 836 Posts

[QUOTE="Fire_Ants"][QUOTE="ChiliDragon"] I tried to go play it, and they won't let me in until 6:00 PM :(ChiliDragon
Either change your PC's clock, or wait till then. That's when it gets fun ;)

Holy ****ing ****! This is messed up beyond... beyond... It's also addictive. How do I reset it to start over completely?

You must wait again for 6 o'clock.:lol:

Mr_Versipellis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#59 Mr_Versipellis
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts
Korsakovia, The White Chamber, both of which are free indie games. When I was younger I got REALLY freaked out in Oblivion (in the undead dungeons), it isn't at all scary now... I also found bits of bioshock quite terrifying
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

Korsakovia, The White Chamber, both of which are free indie games. When I was younger I got REALLY freaked out in Oblivion (in the undead dungeons), it isn't at all scary now... I also found bits of bioshock quite terrifyingMr_Versipellis

Korsakovia is a pretty cool game.

-Feath-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 -Feath-
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts
In the x18 labs of Shadow of Chernobyl, the atmosphere was so good that i was literally too scared to move around a corner in game. Probably the only game to ever do something like that to me.
Mr_Versipellis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#62 Mr_Versipellis
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_Versipellis"]Korsakovia, The White Chamber, both of which are free indie games. When I was younger I got REALLY freaked out in Oblivion (in the undead dungeons), it isn't at all scary now... I also found bits of bioshock quite terrifyingStrawberryHill

Korsakovia is a pretty cool game.

Yeah, great atmosphere and very experimetnal, worth checking out along with "Dear Esther", another experiment by TheChienseRoom, although it's not as creepy
Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

The music / sound fx's in Dead Space + all those wtf momments for me made this game the most disturbing. Playing it on a 5.1 surround sound in the dark is just plain freaky! Ive never felt this way playing a game since Resident Evil 2 came out. Even my dog was freaking out turning in circles and trying to push my hands off my keyboard and leading me away from the computer! He did this until the game was finally beaten! He's never done that before or after.

Avatar image for monkeymoose5000
monkeymoose5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 monkeymoose5000
Member since 2007 • 6111 Posts

The Path. That game is so mind****ed. When I had played most of it in one sitting I just couldn't sleep well on that night.:P

Wanderer5
Honestly, when I got the game from some indie pack I thought it was just plain stupid.
Avatar image for WorldComingDown
WorldComingDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 WorldComingDown
Member since 2010 • 358 Posts

I ended up buying 'Downfall'. Have not got too far into it yet but yeah, pretty disturbing so far, for me anyway. It's a point and click horror/adventure game. All the areas are entirely hand drawn with everything looking extremely grim, depressing and bizarre. Easily worth $10.