skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Should Response time on a monitor speed up internet and opening up files etc. I have my Asus VG278HE monitor and its my first monitor/TV what has a good response time. Its 2ms and 144h and notice on desk top and internet that its much faster at opening and selecting pages. Games are faster too as now I can have all games on full and no slow down.

Colour on Desktop though is annoying as hell its so washed out and no matter what setting its the same. But I was told that the desk top was rubbish but games perfect which it is. Is default settings fine as one setting is called trace face which I think it means the response time and in game mode its set to 60. If I alter this will it use more power from the graphic card CPU etc or is 60 fine. If any one else has this monitor what settings do you use. Thanks.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I set my monitor to 120 Hz so I can see everything a few milliseconds faster than those 60 Hz folks. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Pekenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Pekenter
Member since 2015 • 17 Posts

Haha i have the Asus VG248 and it´s the perfect for gaming !! i think 27" is a bit too large for the games that i play :D (Cs:go) I sit like 8 cm from away from the monitor :D i fucking love these 144hz ^^

So you are complaining about the lack of colours? I think it´s because of the TN-Panel. It hasn´t got the best colours... but it´s very fast with switching colours, you know? And that´s the best for fast games like... You guessed it! csgo

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@skipper847 said:

Should Response time on a monitor speed up internet and opening up files etc. I have my Asus VG278HE monitor and its my first monitor/TV what has a good response time. Its 2ms and 144h and notice on desk top and internet that its much faster at opening and selecting pages. Games are faster too as now I can have all games on full and no slow down.

What?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#5 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

WTF are you talking about? Response time has to do with how fast a pixel can transition from one colour or shade to another. Lower response time cuts down on ghosting and motion trails. It does not speed up your PC in any way. This thread is complete rubbish.

Jr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jr14
Member since 2004 • 2148 Posts

@skipper847: BassMan is right. Response time doesn't make your monitor faster. A lower response time like 2ms means each pixel will change from one color to another within 2 milliseconds. I think your thinking of hertz. A higher hertz like a 144hz monitor feels smoother while browsing the web and gaming than a 60hz monitor. No trace free won't use more CPU power. Leaving it at default or 80. Trace free has to do with ghosting. If you want your computer to run faster without having to get a better CPU, then get an SSD. Also, if it's a TN panel you won't be able to change the settings very much to make the color that much better it will still have the same color bit no matter what you do. Want better picture quality get an IPS panel monitor.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Are you asking if a fast refresh rate monitor/fast response time makes your computer faster? If so, then no. It may just feel faster because it's smother.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

Ive got a VG248 wich is a 144HZ monitor, but i run it at 120HZ cause if i desktop at 144Hz my GPU idles at a higher clock then at 120Hz.. the Hz difference is negligible, and i save money cause my gpu idles at a lower clock. and such. i actually notice i get a headache when using 60Hz now..