Monitor Color Fading and Best Replacement Brands ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Barujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Barujin
Member since 2009 • 308 Posts

I couldn't find any info about what I'm experiencing by searching the internet, so I decided to ask here. Over time, I've noticed that my PC's display will change in appearance in terms of color and brightness, just not all at the same time. The most recent problem I had was that I noticed the color looked faded (more white), making the monitor seem like it had too much brightness. The strange thing is that I had recently adjusted both the display and Nvidia settings perfectly to make both of them look their best. I had the colors popping without being blown out, the contrast was perfect, and there wasn't any extra white level in the image. Then recently, I turned it on one morning and noticed the fading. After adjusting the display and graphics card, I had it looking good again. I should note that the backlight has not dimmed even slightly. I'm curious if others have had extensive experience with this problem. Also, please recommend replacement brands. I could just look up the best ones on NewEgg, but I'm curious about others that aren't sold there. Thanks for any input.

PS: I just realized that my monitor's brightness might have raised spontaneously. Hmm... Backlight issue?

Update: I guess I should say what type of monitor I'm looking for. Really, I just want a panel that's better than TN and that can run 120 FPS. For the price, I need something less than $500 USA. Any suggestions are useful as long as it's a good panel.

JimmyJumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 JimmyJumpy
Member since 2008 • 2554 Posts

Could be that the monitor has an auto-adjust setting which kicks in from time to time.  If so, uncheck the function in the menu.

Barujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Barujin

Could be that the monitor has an auto-adjust setting which kicks in from time to time. If so, uncheck the function in the menu.

JimmyJumpy

Nope. I hate auto adjust settings.

JimmyJumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JimmyJumpy

[QUOTE="JimmyJumpy"]

Could be that the monitor has an auto-adjust setting which kicks in from time to time. If so, uncheck the function in the menu.

Barujin

Doesn't matter that you hate it.  What matters is if the monitor has such a function and if it might have been turned on when you adjusted the settings :)

Barujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Barujin

[QUOTE="Barujin"]

[QUOTE="JimmyJumpy"]

JimmyJumpy

Doesn't matter that you hate it. What matters is if the monitor has such a function and if it might have been turned on when you adjusted the settings :)

*facepalm* I was telling you that all settings are on manual. In fact, it doesn't have any adjustments for the backlight.

JimmyJumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JimmyJumpy

[QUOTE="JimmyJumpy"]

[QUOTE="Barujin"]

Barujin

Doesn't matter that you hate it. What matters is if the monitor has such a function and if it might have been turned on when you adjusted the settings :)

*facepalm* I was telling you that all settings are on manual. In fact, it doesn't have any adjustments for the backlight.

Facepalm?

You didn't say anything about manual settings nor the monitor's functions...

Anyway, only time I have had issues with the backlight of a monitor changing was with an Acer model which was suceptible to temperature changes and started flickering when I left the door open in winter...  Flickering stopped when I closed the door again and temps rose to normal room level.

Good luck...

toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

What's your budget? Found a solid all around Asus monitor for $150

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts
Are you sure you don't have dynamic contrast enabled?