mirrors edge sound issue! and aslo major slowdown

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I am wondering if anybody else is having this problem....the background noise ( street noise etc ) is almost completely drowning out the dialogue and the music. I have tried to mess with the sound settings but nothing has worked.

I can't even play the section of the game ( in the green building the scene after u talk to your sister ) on medium w/ vsync off and anti aliasing off....and that's with an HD4850!

DZergy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DZergy
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Same here with the sound, but I got some kind of glitch in the next level after you have to chase that guy.It`s like slow-mo or something - can`t run and mouse sens. is terrible too!
Stoner-Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stoner-Pimp
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts
Slow mo is usally because of a cracked exe, this is a known issue, if you have the legit game use the disk instead and it should fix it.
raze-boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 raze-boi
Member since 2006 • 853 Posts

You guys can try patching it up:

Patch

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

You guys can try patching it up:

Patch

raze-boi
or better try buying the game...
panrobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 panrobo
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I have the same sound issue but i just do as the one says in gamefaq and it works for me.

Solution is: U open control panel => sound, speech and audio devices => sound and audio devices => audio tab => sound playback => advanced... => performance tab => harware accelerate => pull the slide all the way left. Test the game, enjoy great music.

p/s: it seems the sound issue only happen with reatek sound onboard.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

Sound issue is fixed by disabling the Hardware acceleration as noted in steps above.

Running slowly means you should buy the game :)

kipknots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kipknots
Member since 2003 • 492 Posts
Turn off physx, ati cards don't support it which causes it to run in software mode which causes your performance problems. And yeah, if you go in slow motion (instead of bad performance) buy the game.
Pun_isher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pun_isher
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

It's really helpful when you say "Buy the game!" "don't use cracks!" "Stop Pirating"

I have (and I am running) a legit copy of the game and mine went into slow motion too. No cracks, nothing other than a perfectly fresh install of the game, and my game went into slow motion too.

I am going to try turning off Physx and see if that fixes the problem.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

It's really helpful when you say "Buy the game!" "don't use cracks!" "Stop Pirating"

I have (and I am running) a legit copy of the game and mine went into slow motion too. No cracks, nothing other than a perfectly fresh install of the game, and my game went into slow motion too.

I am going to try turning off Physx and see if that fixes the problem.

Pun_isher
yes that happens on certain video cards, but the slowdown is only a second or two. So. if you cant speed up no matter what... yes people will keep saying buy it.
passingby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 passingby
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Hello.

I also have this problem and have found this solution now.

I had a thougt just now, think it works since i did it this morning and did not notice the infernal backround.

From in-game options switch from Hardware to software in the sound menu and restart the game.

Dont know if it realy works, but might be easyer.

LGTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#12 LGTX
Member since 2009 • 858 Posts

Hello.

I also have this problem and have found this solution now.

I had a thougt just now, think it works since i did it this morning and did not notice the infernal backround.

From in-game options switch from Hardware to software in the sound menu and restart the game.

Dont know if it realy works, but might be easyer.

passingby

It is better to decrease the hardware acceleration to Basic. What you're saying is disabling the audiocard completely and letting the software render sound, which results in terrible sound I think.

jimbo8098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jimbo8098
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Hi, I know this is a REALLY old thread but this dosen't seem to be posted anywhere. From my research of the game configs , I found this: ...\Steam\steamapps\common\mirrors edge\Engine\Config bUseSound=True If you change that to false , the game should play with no sound. If you still have problems , try using the -log startup tag which should open a window with the game which gives debug info. If you got "Stopped working" errors , you will find a stack trace inside your event log. That should nudge you to the problem.