mass effect PATCH???

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tlutz12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 tlutz12
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts
this game is fun, but it crashes so often its barely playable, any word on a patch coming soon?
ct1615

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ct1615
Member since 2004 • 733 Posts
mine crashed once when i ran around fast and then talked to someone, i tried to repeat to see if it was a bug. never happened again.
fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 fireandcloud
Member since 2005 • 5118 Posts
i haven't run into a bug yet. but i haven't gotten very far either. but when is that expansion or extra content gonna be released?
miladesn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 miladesn2
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts
Mine is fine, try to reduce graphic settings.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
It runs fine one my system.
WDT-BlackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WDT-BlackKat
Member since 2008 • 1779 Posts

No crashes here so long as I don't alt-tab out of the game and back into it again. Couple times sound has dropped but that could just as easily be my drivers.

Pretty much bug free so far.

miladesn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 miladesn2
If you have problems like galaxy map glitch or some falling glitches and this kinda stuff, the crack .exe you are using is the cause of them, the game is fine, the solution is to buy the thing.
tlutz12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tlutz12

If you have problems like galaxy map glitch or some falling glitches and this kinda stuff, the crack .exe you are using is the cause of them, the game is fine, the solution is to buy the thing.miladesn2

guess again Professor Condescending A. Wipe. i bought the game, and the game is not fine. my system is just fine and should have no trouble running this game (dual core 2.4, 2gb ram, 8800gts 640mb). the game is full of bugs, i wish it wasn't because so far its been really fun, but every 1/2 to 1 hour it crashes. it does it for different reasons, be it entering a cut-scene or trying to talk to someone or even just opening a door. it needs a patch badly.

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

[QUOTE="miladesn2"]If you have problems like galaxy map glitch or some falling glitches and this kinda stuff, the crack .exe you are using is the cause of them, the game is fine, the solution is to buy the thing.tlutz12

guess again Professor Condescending A. Wipe. i bought the game, and the game is not fine. my system is just fine and should have no trouble running this game (dual core 2.4, 2gb ram, 8800gts 640mb). the game is full of bugs, i wish it wasn't because so far its been really fun, but every 1/2 to 1 hour it crashes. it does it for different reasons, be it entering a cut-scene or trying to talk to someone or even just opening a door. it needs a patch badly.

Update your drivers

People who have the galaxy map problem are using a crack, so don't blame Bioware, the game isn't buggy

If you think this is buggy, try playing the OC of NwN 2 with expansion installed (NwN2=buggiest game ever, with every patch they fix a few things and mess up even more)

Mass Effect runs exelent on my PC, and I'm using a 8800GT the card they complain does a lot of crashes

Tyrone77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tyrone77
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts

If you have problems like galaxy map glitch or some falling glitches and this kinda stuff, the crack .exe you are using is the cause of them, the game is fine, the solution is to buy the thing.miladesn2

You sir are inept. Try researching what you're talking about before making stupid accusations.

The Glaxy map problem is due to Mass Effect not being able to recognise you have 'My Documents' file in a different partition other than the normal place.

The_PC_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_PC_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 2910 Posts

[QUOTE="miladesn2"]If you have problems like galaxy map glitch or some falling glitches and this kinda stuff, the crack .exe you are using is the cause of them, the game is fine, the solution is to buy the thing.Tyrone77

You sir are inept. Try researching what you're talking about before making stupid accusations.

The Glaxy map problem is due to Mass Effect not being able to recognise you have 'My Documents' file in a different partition other than the normal place.

exactly. Im tired of people giving Bioware excuses and accusing people of using cracks

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78b683675c5
deactivated-5d78b683675c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5d78b683675c5
Member since 2007 • 3161 Posts
[QUOTE="Tyrone77"]

[QUOTE="miladesn2"]If you have problems like galaxy map glitch or some falling glitches and this kinda stuff, the crack .exe you are using is the cause of them, the game is fine, the solution is to buy the thing.The_PC_Gamer

exactly. Im tired of people giving Bioware excuses and accusing people of using cracks

Sorry but I believe you guys are wrong in this case. I've been watching the Mass Effect boards and there are about 3 topics about the galaxy map, yet there are numerous threads about crashing, pixelated backgrounds, muddy textures, etc. Like I said there are all these minor(except crashing) problems yet these so called two major one like not being able to use the galaxy map and not being able to save are hardly discussed on the ME forums. Not to mention that those two specific problmes are occuring with people who use the crack.

So it seems that the people who have bought the game are getting mostly minor problems in comparison, even most of the pirating community has agreed that the cracks are bad.

Tyrone77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Tyrone77
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts

Yeah,

Sorry for calling you Inept then, because I appear to be the inept one. However you still shouldn't have accused the poster of using a cracked version as he didn't say his problem was this Galaxy Map thing.

Avatar image for gamehostreviews
gamehostreviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamehostreviews
Member since 2007 • 176 Posts
For those getting crashes, why don't you post your system specs? I've played for several hours and have yet to have the game lock up on me.
tlutz12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tlutz12

i already did

2.4 dual core, 2gb ram, 8800gts 640mb

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

i already did

2.4 dual core, 2gb ram, 8800gts 640mb

tlutz12
my money's on memory going bad. if you can, download memtest86 and burn it to a bootable CD, then run that CD overnight.. i'm willing to bet you'll turn up errors. completely random crashes is usually something like that.
tlutz12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tlutz12
i doubt it, i'm not having problems doing anything else or running any other games
miladesn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 miladesn2

Yeah,

Sorry for calling you Inept then, because I appear to be the inept one. However you still shouldn't have accused the poster of using a cracked version as he didn't say his problem was this Galaxy Map thing.

Tyrone77

I'm sorry, I was on official forums and gamespot board and I was kinda angry.

jackal912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jackal912
Member since 2003 • 378 Posts
Galaxy map and saving ALWAYS happen to crackheads, but the saving bug happens on non crackheads, nowhere nearly as often, but it's there - in fact, they have two - one, having my documents set to a base directory like C:\, or d:\ (no saves, ever) - or two, the mystery bug which stops non autosaves after using the beacon on eden prime.
tlutz12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tlutz12
sigh, just had another crash. i died for the first time and boom, desktop
Paerchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Paerchu
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I read ur forum... I bought d orig 1, stil d same... WTH is going on???? Galaxy Map Crap, no saves... + d damn activation... T.T

--------------------------------

q66 @ 3.2 GHZ/8800 GT OC SLi 700/1100/ kngstone 4gb ddr 800 @ 667/X-fi xtreme music/250GB x2 raid 0 + 160 SATA BG/ Vista Ultimate x64 SP1

Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Lilgunney612
Member since 2005 • 1878 Posts

Have you overclocked anything in the system at all?

Like above poster said, download memtest to make sure its not just your memory going bad. Also what version of windows are you using?

RATULTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RATULTG
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
After way to many crashes i finally gave up and for a last dich attempt i downloaded a crack and guess what.........way less crashes than before.Say whatever you guys want but it's true that EA kills every good game they touch and take good studios down with them.
df853

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 df853
Member since 2004 • 1433 Posts

sigh, just had another crash. i died for the first time and boom, desktoptlutz12

maybe your computer doesn't like the game. You have to make sure you pick a game your computer likes too. Maybe it's not into the RPG genre? Perhaps try an RTS?

Disclaimer: The above advice may not be based on reality. Check internet for more accurate information.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Makari
After way to many crashes i finally gave up and for a last dich attempt i downloaded a crack and guess what.........way less crashes than before.Say whatever you guys want but it's true that EA kills every good game they touch and take good studios down with them.RATULTG
what did memtest turn up?
Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Lilgunney612
Member since 2005 • 1878 Posts

[QUOTE="RATULTG"]After way to many crashes i finally gave up and for a last dich attempt i downloaded a crack and guess what.........way less crashes than before.Say whatever you guys want but it's true that EA kills every good game they touch and take good studios down with them.Makari
what did memtest turn up?

probly a person who just wanted to dis EA and this was the only thing he can think of.

Store24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Store24
Member since 2007 • 1146 Posts

The save problem can happen to people with a real copy if they install it to any other drive besides the system drive. So if you have your OS on C and install the game to D you can have the problem.

The map problem is for people that have a illegal copy. There is a fix out for all of the above but thats all i can say. Dont msg me, I wont help you.

BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts
I may be mistaken, but wasn't Bioware not directly involved in the port?
RATULTG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RATULTG
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Rightioh mister mind reader!!how did ya get what was goin' on the deepest corner of my soul?!!! It's true that i don't like EA but lying about them on forums is not something i have time for.
bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bob
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts

I don't think so... I've been reading various forums on all the crashing problems (I have lots of crashes, drivers are updated, high spec system, yes I bought the game). It's clearly too buggy to have been released. I've put it on the shelf until the patch comes out.

The cracker community is doing a better job of providing a stable "product" right now than EA/Bioware. The situation is pretty ridiculous. EA is practically encouraging piracy with their ineptness... if you consider someone who has bought the game using a cracked version just to resolve bugs and not have to deal with the stupid DRM "piracy".

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Makari
Rightioh mister mind reader!!how did ya get what was goin' on the deepest corner of my soul?!!! It's true that i don't like EA but lying about them on forums is not something i have time for.RATULTG
[QUOTE="Makari"] what did memtest turn up?

gDamascus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gDamascus
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts

[QUOTE="miladesn2"]If you have problems like galaxy map glitch or some falling glitches and this kinda stuff, the crack .exe you are using is the cause of them, the game is fine, the solution is to buy the thing.tlutz12

While I wouldn't wish misfortune on anyone, it is good to know that someone esle with almost identical system specs is suffereing problems similar to me.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I've played through 5 hours so far and no a glitch to be seen yet. I'd say, get the latest drivers for your video card, make sure your motherboard drivers are up to date too. Those two together are important. Third, make sure your sound drivers are current, because sound drivers are very often the cause of a lot of people's glitches and problems.

After that, it should be fine, because the game itself is nearly problem free so far.

Myrkan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Myrkan
Member since 2004 • 1304 Posts
crashed once for me after about 30 hours in, then never crashed again.
OgreB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 OgreB
Member since 2004 • 2523 Posts

Never crashed here...

Ran flawless at 16x10 , all settings maxed and on ( v-sync on)

I had one chug on a cutscene...but it never happened again.

I love my computer !!! Runs with everything I throw at it....even Crysis runs really really good....." hugs PC"

Zam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zam
Member since 2002 • 2048 Posts
Finished the game, didn't experience any crashes what so ever. Only once two of my characters got "stuck" in each other when I left the MAKO on a certain planet. So I had to reload. But other than that, didn't experience any bugs or crashes all you people are talking about.
Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 Adversary16
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts

I request a patch because

1. Some textures, say on Garrus' face, are really bad!

2. Flickering shadows! I can turn off the Dynamic Shadows but then, the graphics are as bad.

That's pretty much it.

bogaty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 bogaty
Member since 2003 • 4750 Posts

I'm experiencing far too many problems. Dialogue sometimes stutters so that the game hangs for a few seconds and then skips past whatever Shepard was saying and goes right to the NPC's response.

The game also hangs if I try to alter video or audio settings during play.

I've only played about 1 hour thus far and have had two crashes to desktop not related to the adjusting of the perviously mentioned settings.

The background graphics and shadows are very grainy and pixellated regardless of what AA and AF settings I enter. I understand the shadows are due to be fixed with the next ATI catalyst driver but I don't know about the background.

Cool90210911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cool90210911
Member since 2003 • 30 Posts

[QUOTE="miladesn2"]If you have problems like galaxy map glitch or some falling glitches and this kinda stuff, the crack .exe you are using is the cause of them, the game is fine, the solution is to buy the thing.Tyrone77

YOU are the one whos inept, what he says is true. Why dont YOU try researching next time before you jump to conclusions.
gDamascus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gDamascus
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts
Many of my issues appear to be sound related. When I first installed, it prompted me to update my sound card drivers. I had no problems for awhile, but by now, it's crashed between 5 and 7 times, most within a few minutes or so of each other. In the hour and a half or so since I turned off hardware acceleration under the sound options, it hasn't crashed yet. I don't have my fingers crossed though...
BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts
I hear that if you have a multi-core CPU, if you disable all cores but one you get better performance and remove the dynamic shadows glitches. At least that's what a thread in the ME board asserts.
Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
I can't even play it becuase of a bug it crashes when trying to luanch its unplayble. they are bringing out a patch for these issuses but it can't come fast enough its a dissapointment really.
Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 Adversary16
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts
[QUOTE="bogaty"]I'm experiencing far too many problems. Dialogue sometimes stutters so that the game hangs for a few seconds and then skips past whatever Shepard was saying and goes right to the NPC's response.

The game also hangs if I try to alter video or audio settings during play.

I've only played about 1 hour thus far and have had two crashes to desktop not related to the adjusting of the perviously mentioned settings.

The background graphics and shadows are very grainy and pixellated regardless of what AA and AF settings I enter. I understand the shadows are due to be fixed with the next ATI catalyst driver but I don't know about the background./QUOTE]

Try turning the film grain effect off.

Paerchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Paerchu
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

waaaa... our classes startd 2day. anyhow, so 1 of d major **cking problem s d soundcard driver??... kk, ill try upd8ng all of my drivers. sum1 experiencing a problem??? glitch or the mapcrap wen oc'ed??

---------------------------------------------------------

q66 @ 3.2 GHZ/8800 GT OC SLi 700/1100/ kngstone 4gb ddr 800 @ 667/X-fi xtreme music/250GB x2 raid 0 + 160 SATA BG/ Vista Ultimate x64 SP1

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58527 Posts

Ive had it crash twice (rendering error, iirc) from when I clicked on an asteroid to survey, but thats it. Outside of that, the only thing that bugs me is the dynamic shadows craziness (just turned it off, no biggy) and the long startup time (takes like 20-30 seconds for the game to get going, but once it does its fast-loading.

Awesome awesome game btw

awesome

fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 fireandcloud

Ive had it crash twice (rendering error, iirc) from when I clicked on an asteroid to survey, but thats it. Outside of that, the only thing that bugs me is the dynamic shadows craziness (just turned it off, no biggy) and the long startup time (takes like 20-30 seconds for the game to get going, but once it does its fast-loading.

Awesome awesome game btw

awesome

mrbojangles25

hey, mine does that too. when it first did it, i thought that the game's security system was causing the game to malfunction or something on my pc. scared me a little.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58527 Posts
[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Awesome awesome game btw

awesome

fireandcloud

hey, mine does that too. when it first did it, i thought that the game's security system was causing the game to malfunction or something on my pc. scared me a little.

nah, its just the game. Have you alt-tabbed? it takes just as long to get the game going again from alt-tab as it does to start up.

fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 fireandcloud
[QUOTE="fireandcloud"][QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Awesome awesome game btw

awesome

mrbojangles25

nah, its just the game. Have you alt-tabbed? it takes just as long to get the game going again from alt-tab as it does to start up.

lol. yeah, i did that once. and when i alt-tabbed back to the game, it wouldn't respond - i lost patience, and i brought up windows task manager and forced it to shut down (which took a long time too). and then i waited another 30 seconds to get it to load up again. i vowed never to alt-tab out of the game in the future

but yeah, the game's wonderful, though i haven't gotten very far as of yet.

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
i seem to be able to play but i think there is a bug with frame rate as i have lowered everytihng but i seems to run sort of between sluggish and slowish but playable.
GamerErman2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GamerErman2001
Member since 2005 • 815 Posts
This game crashes like crazy for people with GeForce 8800 GT. The game has bugs, face it. Oh and pretty much every bug a crack can cause can also happen without using it.