Mass Effect 2 - RIP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
I really "had" high hopes for it, but it would have been to good if Bioware made it at least as good as Mass Effect, but well, EA helped them make it better :) I mean creating a new studio with Bioware and EA Montreal employees to work on it is the best idea EA had in a while.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Time will only tell. IMO its too early to panic just because its EA co-developing Mass Effect 2.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#3 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
Don't you just love how EA gets all the praise instead of Bioware? Anyway i was in bioware i use those guys from ea to work on the scripts till the scripts are 100% perfect maybe they learn to make games this way unlike godfather...
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DanielDust
I hope that nothing will change and it will still be as Bioware intended (99% of it). but I doub't it now :/.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
Speculation FTL. Just because Bioware is hiring new people and placing them at a EA Montreal office doesn't mean the game will suffer.
thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
I hope that nothing will change and it will still be as Bioware intended (99% of it). but I doub't it now :/.DanielDust
I hope for the same.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
It will now conform to EA's time plan for getting a game out the door. Being on time and in the right financial quarter is far more important than producing good games :(
arijit_2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 arijit_2404
Member since 2006 • 1558 Posts
EA is bad but they are not that bad. Give them some respect where its due. I'm really anticipating ME2 a lot.
Avatar image for QuantumNihilism
QuantumNihilism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 QuantumNihilism
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts
EA is like the flavorite brand of video games.
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
well Dead Space was good, that was redwood yeah but still.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheCrazed420
EA made NHL '95. They rock.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust

EA made NHL '95. They rock.TheCrazed420
Speculation FTL. Just because Bioware is hiring new people and placing them at a EA Montreal office doesn't mean the game will suffer.TheCrazed420

They are working with people from EA and hiring.

EA also did NFS 1,2,3,4,5,7 and look, they are still making them (Undercover) yep, they did a great job with their games, NHL 09 is spectacular...oh wait.

Just because they did good games when they were still growing doesn't mean that we can take for granted the fact that they will make a good game, Dead Space wasn't that good, and the only recent game that I like from EA, Mirror's Edge is made by Dice, and it's pretty underrated imo.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts
EA are definately turning themselves back around as a company... they're QC and QA has definately increased over some of there other shortcomings... Hopefully this will bring about a very good game
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
LOL, people rag on EA way too much! They have made MANY good games you know.
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
I actually like EA for certain reasons. Their sports games are great and their racing games are pretty decent. But I'm not sure about their RPGs...Mass Effect is good no doubt but then its a fresh IP and Bioware basically had quite some time to prepare it. Now that's done, EA is prolly looking to milk the cow dry by pumping out as many Mass Effect "sequels" as possible, like they always do. While that can work with sports/racing games, RPG games are...well, I'm a little doubtful. RPGs are way mroe intricate games and if you try to rush them, the quality suffers. Case in point would be KOTOR 2. While it had great potential, it was unfinished and rushed. The game suffered terribly for it.
TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheCrazed420

[QUOTE="TheCrazed420"]EA made NHL '95. They rock.DanielDust

Speculation FTL. Just because Bioware is hiring new people and placing them at a EA Montreal office doesn't mean the game will suffer.TheCrazed420

They are working with people from EA and hiring.

EA also did NFS 1,2,3,4,5,7 and look, they are still making them (Undercover) yep, they did a great job with their games, NHL 09 is spectacular...oh wait.

Just because they did good games when they were still growing doesn't mean that we can take for granted the fact that they will make a good game, Dead Space wasn't that good, and the only recent game that I like from EA, Mirror's Edge is made by Dice, and it's pretty underrated imo.

I didnt say NHL 09 was great , I said 95. It was meant to be humor.(And the truth , that game was my life back in the day) And again, speculation FTL. You have no idea what the relationship between Bioware/EA is. You don't know how much control one has over the other. All I read from that story is that Bioware is expanding, and hiring in Montreal, and putting the hirees in a EA studio. To say Mass Effect - RIP based on those facts is a HUGE leap.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DanielDust

Bioware is owned by EA, so it's all up to EA, Bioware has nothing to do with "their relationship". The way Bioware "transformed" after they were bought by EA sais everything about it. Theor ME support is basically, umm what you have problems? lulz what, I dunno man, I mean..you know...like..yeah gtfo man you're funny :D" >_> lame even if they are owned and managed by EA.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]It will now conform to EA's time plan for getting a game out the door. Being on time and in the right financial quarter is far more important than producing good games :(Gooeykat
QFT

Unfortunetely that's true for most things nowadays, as the companies need to recuperate the money they spent... We really need to get back to where developers really cared for what game they were releasing, and how it was received. Unfortunately with the economy right now, it's probably going to be another year or 2 for the turn around

dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
LOL, people rag on EA way too much! They have made MANY good games you know.Daytona_178
I agree.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
[QUOTE="Daytona_178"]LOL, people rag on EA way too much! They have made MANY good games you know.dnuggs40
I agree.

Me too. I mean gawd, it's not like they're Ubisoft or something. EA use the crappy rehashes of franchises (all their sports games) to fund their good new IPs and good established IPs (Mass Effect 2, Mirror's Edge , Dead Space) That and they still make good C&C games (not BRILLIANT, and RA3 was pretty horrible. But good) and Battlefield games. And they publish tons of great games. Probably because the publish a large percentage of the games in the market xD
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Bioware is owned by EA, so it's all up to EA, Bioware has nothing to do with "their relationship". The way Bioware "transformed" after they were bought by EA sais everything about it. Theor ME support is basically, umm what you have problems? lulz what, I dunno man, I mean..you know...like..yeah gtfo man you're funny :D" >_> lame even if they are owned and managed by EA.

DanielDust

Jade Empire's support was also lame, and that port was really bad. The re-encoded videos were horrible.

BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts

Meh, I don't like EA and it has nothing to do with the fact that criticizing them has become the cool thing to do. SecuROM, DRM, milking games, rushing titles to meet deadlines, excessive and intrusive marketing, etc. They have made some good games cerainly, but I can't support them until they change their policies.

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hellboard

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

Baranga

Jade Empire's support was also lame, and that port was really bad. The re-encoded videos were horrible.

thankfully i had zero issues with that game... because the support was bad...
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
EA makes good games, but I don't think they would screw a great game like Mass Effect, it's almost impossible to drop the ball on this one...
futs22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 futs22
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts

EA is prolly looking to milk the cow dry by pumping out as many Mass Effect "sequels" as possible, like they always do. mirgamer

I don't know how many sequels you're expecting for Mass Effect, but apparently it was made clear that ME would be a trilogy. Of course, that may change should EA decide to change it. Then again, they can stick to keeping it a trilogy and then churn out spin-ff games instead w/c would suck. Who knows?

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

EA ruins/milks every successful series. It's a natural law.

Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts

EA ruins/milks every successful series. It's a natural law.

Swiftstrike5

...or kills them a la anything made by Bullfrog, Origin, and Jane's.

brood_aliance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29 brood_aliance
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts
[QUOTE="Daytona_178"]LOL, people rag on EA way too much! They have made MANY good games you know.dnuggs40
I agree.

EA is the reason why we have great games nowadays. The reason EA produces and develops NFS/Sports/ and other yearly games, is because you people buy them. If you don't buy them, they won't make them. As simple as that. I really don't' see the problem with their DRM. If you don't pirate, you have no problem.
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
I thought Mass effect was going to have all kinds of addons etc.? It seemed like that was their plan but EA..... EA buys the little guy"dev/company" then assimilates there numbers,ideas,and talents then brushes them away just like the Borg :P.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]LOL, people rag on EA way too much! They have made MANY good games you know.brood_aliance
I agree.

EA is the reason why we have great games nowadays. The reason EA produces and develops NFS/Sports/ and other yearly games, is because you people buy them. If you don't buy them, they won't make them. As simple as that. I really don't' see the problem with their DRM. If you don't pirate, you have no problem.

Well...I wouldn't go as far you did (EA is the reason why we have great games nowadays) but I do think you touched on an undeniable truth...which is the only reason they keep producing many of the games they do is becuase people are buying them.
GamerPro1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GamerPro1984
Member since 2006 • 818 Posts
It will now conform to EA's time plan for getting a game out the door. Being on time and in the right financial quarter is far more important than producing good games :(Avenger1324
Spot on the money! EA is a virus , a plague I tell you!
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hellboard
[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]It will now conform to EA's time plan for getting a game out the door. Being on time and in the right financial quarter is far more important than producing good games :(GamerPro1984

thats ea money no quality...money.
555SSOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#34 555SSOO
Member since 2008 • 1873 Posts

I hope not,Mass Effect (1) was a great game and from the teaser trailer,here on GS it looks pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerPro1984"][QUOTE="Avenger1324"]It will now conform to EA's time plan for getting a game out the door. Being on time and in the right financial quarter is far more important than producing good games :(Hellboard

thats ea money no quality...money.

You what? EA makes many quality games. Yes, they DO focus on making money. Why you ask? Because despite being one of the biggest Publishers they are not the most financially successful. There are very very few publishers/developers out there that are Financially unstable who don't rush games.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DanielDust
I thought Mass effect was going to have all kinds of addons etc.? It seemed like that was their plan but EA..... EA buys the little guy"dev/company" then assimilates there numbers,ideas,and talents then brushes them away just like the Borg :P.04dcarraher
A new DLC was announced but it will be released after the next patch so it should take more than two or three months before it's released :(.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

[QUOTE="dnuggs40"][QUOTE="Daytona_178"]LOL, people rag on EA way too much! They have made MANY good games you know.brood_aliance
I agree.

EA degrades each game in a series.

BF2142 has less content than BF2. BF2 has less content than BF1942, even with the 5 expansion packs for BF2. I'd even go as far to say that the purposefully cut content to sell as expansions and I'd probably be right.

They aren't like Blizzard or Valve who strive to make a better game each time. The want to make the cheapest game with the greatest profit and they usually do that by milking fans (selling expansion packs or 'mods' for full price).

Simple fact is we need less game developers like EA and Ubicrap, who are ONLY concerned about money. They have NO interest in making a good game. We need more developers like Blizzard, Valve, Ironclad, or Creative Assembly.

404-not-found

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 404-not-found
Member since 2009 • 1050 Posts
Well, now that EA is co-developing it, there might be a chance that the game is actually good.
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

All the people moaning about EA's business model can feel free to speak out by not buying the game when its released.