Looking for a First Person RTS like Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Erratic_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Erratic_Knight
Member since 2003 • 167 Posts

I've always been a big fan of large scale battles regardless of the historical period, combined with first or TP combat. That being said when "Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War" came out I very much enjoyed it. (http://www.gamespot.com/rise-and-fall-civilizations-at-war/) To summarize it's system you basically controlled a very powerful hero and led troops into battle. You controlled your troops actions in terms of simple movement/points of interest but you fought along side them as a single person in real time.

So that being said whether its a mod or a game I missed and never played I would really love to recreate the same feeling and experience of leading my troops into battle and specifically fighting along side them as one soldier or hero. (controlling his actions). Also I've tried the Dynasty Warrior series and found it very shallow due to its random button mashing and Mount Blade didn't hold my interest very long due to its lack of direction in the single player campaigne imo.

Thanks in advance.

DefconRave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 DefconRave
Member since 2013 • 806 Posts
I played a really old game called Battlezone which was a rts/fp hybrid. Dunno why this genre has died out, it was so much fun.
Socijalisticka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Socijalisticka
Member since 2011 • 1555 Posts

Sacrifice and to a lesser extent, Warcraft III.

JackBurton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 JackBurton
Member since 2002 • 3808 Posts

Battlezone 

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Battlezone

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising

JackBurton

Hostile Waters is definitely one of the most under played master piece games ever created, it should have sold a shed load more than it did. Plus it has Tom Baker doing the narration. :)

Anyone whoo hasn't played it, really should.