Looking for a First Person RTS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Erratic_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Erratic_Knight
Member since 2003 • 167 Posts

I've always been a big fan of large scale battles regardless of the historical period, combined with first or TP combat. That being said when "Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War" came out I very much enjoyed it. (http://www.gamespot.com/rise-and-fall-civilizations-at-war/)

To summarize it's system you basically controlled a very powerful hero and led troops into battle. You controlled your troops actions in terms of simple movement/points of interest but you fought along side them as a single person in real time.

So that being said whether its a mod or a game I missed and never played I would really love to recreate the same feeling and experience of leading my troops into battle and specifically fighting along side them as one soldier or hero. (controlling his actions). Also I've tried the Dynasty Warrior series and found it very shallow due to its random button mashing and Mount Blade didn't hold my interest very long due to its lack of direction in the single player campaign imo.

Hell if a Total War game mod would let me randomly turn in to and fight as a single soldier I'd be in heaven but I'm pretty sure that doesn't exist.

Thanks in advance.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

The game I can recommend is more multiplayer based, but Natural Selection 2 might be up your alley and its on the humble bundle this go around.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Natural Selection 2 is excellent choice and it's now for sale with few games on humble bundle for over 1$

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

You could check out Sanctum 1 and 2. It's a Tower defense game and a first person shooter. There is also Dungeon Defenders which is somewhat the same formula but with swords and magic.

These games aren't quite as RTS like as the one you linked but they are still strategic and action oriented so they might interest you.

Also check out the Spellforce series. It has RTS based building and you develop your hero as well. I don't think it's really a shooter but it has elements like that so you may enjoy it.