List of games without mandatory online activation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jamyskis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 jamyskis
Member since 2004 • 779 Posts

As a sister thread to my list of games with mandatory online activation, I thought I'd knock together a list of some recent titles that DO NOT have mandatory online activation (so you can buy it and be sure that you own the game). Note that I've based this on German releases, so some of these games may not yet be out in the US of A.

This list is largely more recent titles that are still on sale. PublicNuisance also maintains a wishlist of games that are completely DRM-free, many of which are a bit older, might also be worth a look for anyone interested.

Please also note that this list only applies to disc-based versions of the games listed. Games bought via digital distribution are more than likely going to have DRM (unless you buy them from GamersGate, GOG.com or some other provider that offers DRM-free games)

• Feuerwehr-Simulator 2010
  • Holzfäller Simulator
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Tom Clancy`s H.A.W.X
  • Age of Alexander
  • Quad Simulator 2010
  • Offroad Rally Simulator 2010
  • Cursed Mountain
  • Combat Zone: Special Forces
  • Sektor 22
  • Code of Honor 1-3
  • Helicopter Simulator 2010
  • German Truck Simulator
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales
  • Drakensang
  • Drakensang: River of Time
  • Risen
  • Need for Speed: Shift
  • Colin McRae: DiRT 2
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Sith Edition
  • FIFA 10
  • The Sims 3
  • Geheimakte 2 - Puritas Cordis
  • Crash Time 3 - Highway Nights
  • Tropico 3
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2010
  • Der Planer 4
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
  • Divinity II: Ego Draconis
  • Fallout 3
  • Armed Assault 2
  • Far Cry 2
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld
  • Age of Empires 3
  • Runaway: A Twist of Fate
  • Euro Truck Simulator
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
  • The Whispered World
  • The Witcher
  • Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
  • Venetica
  • GTR Evolution
  • Das Vermächtnis: Baum des Lebens
  • Black Mirror 2
  • Street Fighter 4
  • NBA 2K10
  • Company of Heroes
  • Ceville
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
  • Unreal Tournament 3
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes
  • Saboteur
  • Overlord 2
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Men of War
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum
  • Dark Void
  • Devil May Cry 4
  • Saw
  • Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing
  • Red Faction: Guerilla

I haven't included games where activation is necessary to play online - I think it's a bit of a no-brainer that if you want to play online, a check for a legal CD key is not unreasonable.

jamyskis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jamyskis

Update:

Added Sonic and Sega All-Star Racing (I bought and can recommend this by the way, great game) and Red Faction: Guerilla.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

batman AA uses gfwl so yeah thats wrong lol.

jamyskis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jamyskis

batman AA uses gfwl so yeah thats wrong lol.

ionusX

Batman AA can use a fully offline profile with no need to connect to the internet.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

yes but without the online mode you miss 1) the dlc, 2) the ability to play any challenge maps.

your basically cutting off about 1/3 of the game lol in order to say that. by all means do im just saying thats not the wisest thing to do.

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

Starcraft 2

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

If anybody wants to know if a game is DRM free just check my wishlist. I have taken a lot of effort to make sure there are only DRM free games on there.

jamyskis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jamyskis

Starcraft 2

KalDurenik

Starcraft 2 is confirmed to have DRM. Would indeed have been nice if Blizzard had had the sense to realise that Battle.net was all they needed to prevent piracy, but apparently they didn't. Sorry buddy.

If anybody wants to know if a game is DRM free just check my wishlist. I have taken a lot of effort to make sure there are only DRM free games on there.

PublicNuisance

Sweet. I'll add a link to your wishlist.

Edit: Just noticed that you've got Velvet Assassin in there...

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Starcraft 2 has DRM.....? so now because it has DRM even though it works offline, it doesn't make the list? do you know that more than half of the games you listed have SecuROM?
jamyskis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jamyskis
Starcraft 2 has DRM.....? so now because it has DRM even though it works offline, it doesn't make the list? do you know that more than half of the games you listed have SecuROM?DanielDust
Oh gawd, it's you again. All the games on this list with SecuROM only have the disc-based version. Annoying, but nothing that will prevent you playing your games in the future, playing them without an internet connection or selling them in the future. Of course, if I'm wrong about any of them, please feel free to correct me (with decent references)
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DanielDust

Well, gawd, reference for your "facts" about Starcraft 2? none. It does have online activation because obviously you will have to activate it to play online but I doubt you're qualified to make assumptions for a game that isn't even close to being released (it's at least another 4 months away) that it forces you to activate if at the installation.

GTA IV officially asks you to register it during the installation, does it force you ? no, you can activate it whenever you like if you plan on playing some multiplayer (the rest is irrelevant R*SC offline profile and LIVE offline profile). Starcraft 2 has no place on your "mandatory online activation" thread, yet, same with this thread, it has no place in any kind of thread since the game is not out yet.

jamyskis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jamyskis

Well, gawd, reference for your "facts" about Starcraft 2? none. It does have online activation because obviously you will have to activate it to play online but I doubt you're qualified to make assumptions for a game that isn't even close to being released (it's at least another 4 months away) that it forces you to activate if at the installation.

GTA IV officially asks you to register it during the installation, does it force you ? no, you can activate it whenever you like if you plan on playing some multiplayer (the rest is irrelevant R*SC offline profile and LIVE offline profile). Starcraft 2 has no place on your "mandatory online activation" thread, yet, same with this thread, it has no place in any kind of thread since the game is not out yet.

DanielDust
Erm, I have GTA 4 and I KNOW that it does force you. Not sure where you got that info from. And as I say, given that Blizzard themselves have stated that the game will have DRM (straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak), I'm going by that information. If it turns out to be different by the time the game comes out (Blizzard decides, for example, that they don't want DRM or they remove it after release) then I will remove it from the DRM list and add it to the DRM-free list.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DanielDust
Myself, I did not have internet for a week when I got GTA IV, I installed it and it worked just fine for those 8 days until I had internet again.
carlosjuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 carlosjuero
Member since 2008 • 1254 Posts
Small note: You should probably notate [Disc Version Only] on a bunch of games up there - the digital versions of many of those games [if not all] require online activation (Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins to name 2]
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

Sweet. I'll add a link to your wishlist.

Edit: Just noticed that you've got Velvet Assassin in there...

jamyskis

According to Gamersgate it is DRM free. Link. Were they wrong ?

jamyskis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jamyskis

According to Gamersgate it is DRM free. Link. Were they wrong ?

PublicNuisance

The disc version originally required Steam, so I'm not sure what GamersGate is claiming. If their version really is DRM-free, then that's great. Just a shame that us retail buyers are stuck with a Steam-infected version.
Small note: You should probably notate [Disc Version Only] on a bunch of games up there - the digital versions of many of those games [if not all] require online activation (Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins to name 2]carlosjuero
I've added a general note that they all apply to disc versions.
Myself, I did not have internet for a week when I got GTA IV, I installed it and it worked just fine for those 8 days until I had internet again.DanielDust
I've just revoked my licence and tried to reinstall without an internet connection. Thank you very much for wasting my time. The game did indeed allow me to pass the online time check without a connection, but the will not run without authenticating first. Without a connection to the net it offers the chance to access an authentication page from another computer, but you cannot play without authenticating via the internet in some way. Either you're lying through your teeth or using a cracked copy.

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts
Starcraft 2 has DRM.....? so now because it has DRM even though it works offline, it doesn't make the list? do you know that more than half of the games you listed have SecuROM?DanielDust
Actually, even in the beta, AI skirmishes are all played online. Everything is through battle.net which is all online.
Frenzyd109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#20 Frenzyd109
Member since 2007 • 2276 Posts

yes but without the online mode you miss 1) the dlc, 2) the ability to play any challenge maps.

your basically cutting off about 1/3 of the game lol in order to say that. by all means do im just saying thats not the wisest thing to do.

ionusX
Regardless, you can PLAY it without activation
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Starcraft 2 has DRM.....? so now because it has DRM even though it works offline, it doesn't make the list? do you know that more than half of the games you listed have SecuROM?gamer620
Actually, even in the beta, AI skirmishes are all played online. Everything is through battle.net which is all online.

It's a BETA, and Blizzard wants to get all the data, it would be stupid to release a BETA that wouldn't be connected online especially since most people don't bother reporting their stats even tho it's a BETA.

Jamyskis, you can play it just fine, problem is you have to first get the unlock code (I did get it through a friend), after that I wrote it on the manual and what do you know, I installed it without any problems now, with the same "manual" activation code. But sure, I guess you aren't able to play it if you don't have a single person that you can rely on to ask for help with this problem. After you have the code you can install it whenever you want, wherever you want without internet, not exactly sure but I think the same code can be used to revoke the licence.

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamer620

[QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]Starcraft 2 has DRM.....? so now because it has DRM even though it works offline, it doesn't make the list? do you know that more than half of the games you listed have SecuROM?DanielDust

It's a BETA, and Blizzard wants to get all the data, it would be stupid to release a BETA that wouldn't be connected online especially since most people don't bother reporting their stats even tho it's a BETA.

Jamyskis, you can play it just fine, problem is you have to first get the unlock code (I did get it through a friend), after that I wrote it on the manual and what do you know, I installed it without any problems now, with the same "manual" activation code. But sure, I guess you aren't able to play it if you don't have a single person that you can rely on to ask for help with this problem. After you have the code you can install it whenever you want, wherever you want without internet, not exactly sure but I think the same code can be used to revoke the licence.

Pretty sure they have gone on record saying YOU WILL HAVE TO BE LOGGED INTO BATTLE.NET to play SC2, WoW, and Diablo 3 by the time SC2 releases.
jamyskis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jamyskis

[QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]Starcraft 2 has DRM.....? so now because it has DRM even though it works offline, it doesn't make the list? do you know that more than half of the games you listed have SecuROM?DanielDust

I understand your point, but it is just a beta and I'm not sure how the final product is going to end up. Besides, there is probably a clock-based kill switch in there that will prevent the beta from installing or running when the final product comes out.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DanielDust

I'm sure they didn't. They did not for Diablo...obviously....WoW is a MMO so..huh? and it does not use the B.net client and they said " YOU WON'T HAVE TO BE LOGGED INTO BATTLE.NET TO PLAY SC 2'S SINGLEPLAYER BUT YOU WILL NOT GET ACHIEVEMENTS AND SUCH".

They're trying to integrate the community in the entire game (SC 2) so obviously you need to be logged in for achievements, chat with friends during the sp campaign (who needs such a feature?) and even arrange co-op matches while you play (don't know about this one since I do not care about this particular thing, if co-op means really co-op in sp or just co-op skirmishes).

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamer620

I'm sure they didn't. They did not for Diablo...obviously....WoW is a MMO so..huh? and it does not use the B.net client and they said " YOU WON'T HAVE TO BE LOGGED INTO BATTLE.NET TO PLAY SC 2'S SINGLEPLAYER BUT YOU WILL NOT GET ACHIEVEMENTS AND SUCH".DanielDust
"Starcraft II is one of the most anticipated games coming out this year, and Blizzard has now confirmed that their new Battle.net II client will be required to play the game. Actually, it goes beyond being required, it's actually interwoven in to the game itself…the two cannot be separated"

And yes, B.net is being built into WoW when Cataclysm releases. I am well aware its an MMO.

Straight from Blizzard Q&A

"Q: I already have a classic Battle.net account that I made for StarCraft, Warcraft III, and/or Diablo II. Can I just use that?

A: No, the new Battle.net Accounts are separate from classic Battle.net accounts for StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II. To allow for the Battle.net features we have planned, we've built the new Battle.net Account system from the ground up for World of Warcraft and upcoming games such as StarCraft II and Diablo III. In order to play Warcraft III, Diablo II, and StarCraft on Battle.net, you will still need to log in using your "classic" Battle.net login information." While it may not be REQUIRED (at least currently) for WoW, it will be for SC2 and Diablo 3.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DanielDust

Is that from the same article that said about AC 2's DRM?

Don't know why it's so hard to understand but it's a fact that you can sign in, offline, into a guest account, and play the singleplayer campaign with the save that you chose to be "saved" onto your HDD not online on B.net.

Also it talks about the new account format, which we should all already have by now, the account that they'll integrate into all the forums (the new battle.net) an account that you can use for all your games, the type of account that you "currently" use for WoW.

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamer620

Is that from the same article that said about AC 2's DRM? Don't know why it's so hard to understand but it's a fact that you can sign in, offline, into a guest account, and play the singleplayer campaign with the save that you chose to be "saved" onto your HDD not online on B.net.DanielDust
Is that a "fact" on the current b.net or the b.net 2.0 that HASN'T OFFICIALLY BEEN RELEASED YET?

If it is please show me a source to that, because all of the quotes i am seeing say different.

as for the wow thing...

"Q: What happens if I don't merge my World of Warcraft account with a Battle.net account?A: After November 11, 2009, you won't be able to log in to the game unless you merge your account with a Battle.net account. You will need to log in using your Battle.net account username (your email address) and password." Looks like battle.net is already fully integrated into WoW. Guess i am behind on the times.

jamyskis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jamyskis
I'm sure they didn't. They did not for Diablo...obviously....WoW is a MMO so..huh? and it does not use the B.net client and they said " YOU WON'T HAVE TO BE LOGGED INTO BATTLE.NET TO PLAY SC 2'S SINGLEPLAYER BUT YOU WILL NOT GET ACHIEVEMENTS AND SUCH".DanielDust
I too struggle to figure out what the problem is with a Battle.net requirement in WoW. You're online anyway when you play WoW (by the very nature of the game) so I don't see any issue here. As far as SC2 is concerned though - Blizzard have confirmed that you will have to be logged into Battle.net to play multiplayer matches. There will be no LAN play. Might bug some people, which I can understand, but I really generally only play multiplayer when I have internet, the exception being at clan meets where we don't have net access. Blizzard have also confirmed that you will have to activate via net once upon first-time run, whether you choose to use Battle.net or not. Personally I'm not too fussed about the loss of achievements (achievements and trophies are fun but not essential for me). What is a deal-breaker for me, however, is that you have to activate to play single-player. I know Blizzard have a reputation for long-term support of their games, but they will eventually cease to support the game. Just to make my point here: I still play Diablo 1 (single player and co-op LAN with my girlfriend) which no longer works with Battle.net AT ALL.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DanielDust
[QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]Is that from the same article that said about AC 2's DRM? Don't know why it's so hard to understand but it's a fact that you can sign in, offline, into a guest account, and play the singleplayer campaign with the save that you chose to be "saved" onto your HDD not online on B.net.

Is that a "fact" on the current b.net or the b.net 2.0 that HASN'T OFFICIALLY BEEN RELEASED YET?

You're not serious, are? We were talking about the next Blizzard games....why would you bring the classic battle.net into discussion? "THEY ANNOUNCED THAT FOR SC2" since you love caps so much it's "OBVIOUSLY" for the future Battle.net which currently exists, as a final product, at least the account, not the actual client. Anyway this is not the thread to talk about such things, it's totally unrelated but you had the need to disregard Blizzard's official announcements and to try and prove that with incomplete quotes that don't even talk about that problem, they talk, in general, about Blizzard's plan to integrate the online features into the singleplayer side of the game (integrate not force).
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gamer620

[QUOTE="gamer620"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]Is that from the same article that said about AC 2's DRM? Don't know why it's so hard to understand but it's a fact that you can sign in, offline, into a guest account, and play the singleplayer campaign with the save that you chose to be "saved" onto your HDD not online on B.net.DanielDust

You're not serious, are? We were talking about the next Blizzard games....why would you bring the classic battle.net into discussion? "THEY ANNOUNCED THAT FOR SC2" since you love caps so much it's "OBVIOUSLY" for the future Battle.net which currently exists, as a final product, at least the account, not the actual client. Anyway this is not the thread to talk about such things, it's totally unrelated but you had the need to disregard Blizzard's official announcements and to try and prove that with incomplete quotes that don't even talk about that problem, they talk, in general, about Blizzard's plan to integrate the online features into the singleplayer side of the game (integrate not force).

Seeing as EVERYTHING i have read on the matter disagrees with your "offline logging" I have to question whether or not you are even referring to the new Battle.net. It is quite simple. I just don't agree with you and everything I have read, disagrees with you as well... so yeah... I am questioning OLD tech in an argument about NEW tech because YOU are arguing something that doesn't make sense with the NEW tech, so I have to figure out why you don't make sense. Old tech is the only explanation. It WASN'T unrelated till you decided to argue that I was wrong (argue in a way that was condecending to me no less) I didn't bring this argument off topic till you decided to act like you had the bigger dick yet you haven't even proven your side of the argument yet. As a participant in the beta, and someone who has to much time on their hands to surf the internet for sources that tend to lean towards my side of the argument, i have at least stated my point... wheres yours? I am done throwing this thread off topic until you can actually explain your side of the argument.

In which case I will gladly own up to being completely misinformed. I doubt I will get the same sort of respect from you though, as clearly evident by your hot tempered and demeaning responses. I do appreciate your responses though... because every response you have had has given me something to do while I continue to sit and do nothing and still get paid. Passed the time pretty well :)

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DanielDust
"Chris Sigaty: Challenges are something we're trying. We always hear people say, "You look at singleplayer as the training ground for multiplayer, right?" And we don't really. And in fact here we're kind of training you all wrong, because you can have any unit depending on what missions you went through, and there are units that aren't in multiplayer at all, like Firebats, Medics, all sorts of stuff. We kind of created challenges out of this, and our concept behind challenges is to train you at some of the things that are important to a good competitive player, to be at least aware of. They're little minigames that teach you about things like economy, how to maximize getting resources, unit countering, control grouping, micro, spell usage, all sorts of things like that. Those two things are available when you're offline." Here's another important guy from Blizzard, you must have heard about him... "Bashiok affirms players may play Starcraft II single player offline for as long as the game has been authenticated [once] via Battle.net upon installation. Thereafter, you may play offline any time you wish." If a lead designer doesn't have a clue, then by all means consider yourself the man that knows everything, even things that Blizzard themselves don't know
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gamer620

"Chris Sigaty: Challenges are something we're trying. We always hear people say, "You look at singleplayer as the training ground for multiplayer, right?" And we don't really. And in fact here we're kind of training you all wrong, because you can have any unit depending on what missions you went through, and there are units that aren't in multiplayer at all, like Firebats, Medics, all sorts of stuff. We kind of created challenges out of this, and our concept behind challenges is to train you at some of the things that are important to a good competitive player, to be at least aware of. They're little minigames that teach you about things like economy, how to maximize getting resources, unit countering, control grouping, micro, spell usage, all sorts of things like that. Those two things are available when you're offline." Here's another important guy from Blizzard, you must have heard about him... "Bashiok affirms players may play Starcraft II single player offline for as long as the game has been authenticated [once] via Battle.net upon installation. Thereafter, you may play offline any time you wish." If a lead designer doesn't have a clue, then by all means consider yourself the man that knows everything, even things that Blizzard themselves don't knowDanielDust
Fantastic, I apologize for backing up my argument with completely legit sources to further my argument... As i said, I will own up to be misinformed. Notice how I am not a douchebag about it. For the record though, I especially love how you failed to mention the part where he says and I quote "As far as I've heard it for StarCraft II you authenticate and then can play single player without being connected. While you don't have to authenticate every time I think there's some situations where you may be asked to re-authenticate. Like after a hardware upgrade. That's really a better question for the StarCraft II forums though." "As far as I've heard" is always a great indicator of a man who knows what hes talking about.

Needless to say.. have fun playing as a guest.

jamyskis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jamyskis

Interesting bit of news.

I've been in contact with Blizzard Europe about the SC2 first-time activation thing, and asked them about the extent to which Blizzard would commit (commit in the legal sentence, not just a vague 'promise' à la Valve) to releasing a patch that would deactivate the DRM when Starcraft 2 is no longer supported.

Here's the original German:

Hallo xxx,

vielen Dank für Ihre Email bezüglich Starcraft II.

Da Starcraft II derzeit noch in der Betaphase ist können wir noch nicht bestätigen ob eine Onlineauthentifizierung zwingend erforderlich ist, alle Informationen rund um Starcraft II erhalten Sie auf http://www.starcraft2.com
Zu der zweiten Frage können wir Ihnen daher keine Antwort darauf geben, da wir diesbezüglich keine verbindlichen Auskünfte geben können.

Weitere Neuigkeiten und Updates, sowie Ankündigungen zu neuen Patches, Änderungen und den Realmstatus werden sobald diese verfügbar sind auf der Webseite veröffentlicht. Besuchen Sie zudem unser StarCraft II Beta Forum für Neuigkeiten und Informationen rund um das Spiel: http://forums.battle.net/board.html?forumId=25352534&sid=5011

Falls Sie weitere Fragen oder Anliegen haben, zögern Sie nicht uns erneut zu kontaktieren.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Blizzard Entertainment Europe
Stefan K.
Technischer Kundendienst
http://eu.blizzard.com/support

Blizzard Europe

And a quick and dirty translation:

Hello xxx,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Starcraft II.

As Starcraft II is currently still in beta phase, we can't yet confirm whether online authentication will be absolutely necessary. You can find out all the necessary information at http://www.starcraft2.com

This means that we cannot give you an answer to the second question, as we are unable to provide any legally binding information on this matter.

Further news and updates as well as announcements regarding new patches, modifications and the realm status will be published on the website as soon as they are available. Also visit our Starcraft II Beta forum for news and information on the game: http://forums.battle.net/board.html?forumId=25352534&sid=5011

Should you have further questions or issues, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Yours sincerely,

Blizzard Entertainment Europe
Stefan K.
Technical Support
http://eu.blizzard.com/support

Please attach your answer to the previous correspondence and any files already sent.

Blizzard Europe

Does this mean that the information circulating in the media is wrong? Hmmm...