Lack of hype for Fallout: New Vegas

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lithos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Lithos_
Member since 2008 • 1017 Posts

The game is knocking at our doors, but I don't think there's too much hype, almost no hype at all.

Puzzling... :|

Here I am biting my forehead in anxiety (have it pre-ordered, of cooourse...)!

madmenno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 madmenno
Member since 2004 • 1528 Posts
I'm not surprised but thats because i think the change from tactical combat top down RPG to an FPS with a neat freeze screen option is a huge drawback for the title already :D.
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
Well if its anything like the vanilla fallout 3 then I'm sure people are going to waiting until a community starts to patch things back together.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#4 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I am definently hyped..

I am currently conducting media blackout with this game becuase i want the experience to be new and fresh for when i put that game into my first playthrough..

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
I think there is a fair amount of hype for it on the console forums. A lot of PC gamers here seemed to be disappointed with Bethesda's destruction of the Fallout lore in 3 mixed with bad shooting, and probably aren't particularly hyped for the next one even if a few of the people from Obsidian worked on the two good games.
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Whilst I will admit I enjoyed the "guilty" pleasure of playing Fallout 3 I have to confess that Fallout New Vegas doesn't really do much for me. It comes across as just an expansion pack with nothing new, couple that with the fact they are making the same mistakes that they made with Fallout 3 (no continued play after the story conclusion) and finally it is going to be expensive in terms of DLC.

I have no doubt I will pick up Fallout New Vegas at some point, just not at release and probably not till the GOTY edition comes out.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I put loads of hours into fallout 3, but only because of the mods for it. The vanilla game was so watered down and drab, it was enough to make me want to go take a nap. After I modded and made the game an actual challenge and adventure, i enjoyed it more. I have over 500 mods installed into FO3. My character has custom made hair, clothes, body shape, eyes, weapons, a Vertibird house, 2 new companions, a combat changing mod, lethal radiation, weather types......when New Vegas comes, all that will be gone until someone remakes those mods or ports them over to the new game. Plus, judging by the screenshots, I'm not digging the atmosphere in NV.....the colors and textures look washed out and it almost hurts to look at it after what I did to Fallout 3's graphics with various mods, not to mention other games I play.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19606 Posts
I have no doubt that New Vegas will be better than Fallout 3. It's pretty hyped on other forums too. Not much else to say really.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts
I think there is a fair amount of hype for it on the console forums. A lot of PC gamers here seemed to be disappointed with Bethesda's destruction of the Fallout lore in 3 mixed with bad shooting, and probably aren't particularly hyped for the next one even if a few of the people from Obsidian worked on the two good games.kieranb2000
Fallout 3 was fun! A very fun game. The best Bethesda has made so far, I would say. And I've seen plenty of hype for the game in System Wars.
icyseanfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 icyseanfitz
Member since 2006 • 2493 Posts

this game should be very good (story wise as well as content) seeing as obsidian got the engine straight away so the most time consuming part was taken care of off the bat, also there is some guys from the original 2 games working on this which is good, if this games story is less than 20 - 25 hours il be wondering what the hell did they spend their time doing, tbh beating fallout 3's story shouldnt be hard for obsidian as they are really good at writing and narrative (bad at technical things but thats taken care of with 3's engine etc.)

im expecting this game to be good (hopefully)

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SkyWard20

I put loads of hours into fallout 3, but only because of the mods for it. The vanilla game was so watered down and drab, it was enough to make me want to go take a nap. After I modded and made the game an actual challenge and adventure, i enjoyed it more. I have over 500 mods installed into FO3. My character has custom made hair, clothes, body shape, eyes, weapons, a Vertibird house, 2 new companions, a combat changing mod, lethal radiation, weather types......when New Vegas comes, all that will be gone until someone remakes those mods or ports them over to the new game. Plus, judging by the screenshots, I'm not digging the atmosphere in NV.....the colors and textures look washed out and it almost hurts to look at it after what I did to Fallout 3's graphics with various mods, not to mention other games I play.

wis3boi

That all seems rather pointless. I never understood the great appeal that mods have beyond graphical improvement or bug fixing... or restoring content that was supposed to be in the game. Ok, there are also those 'full-conversion' mods ( I believe they're called? ) which can be whole new different games, but besides that.

I don't understand how you cannot like games like Fallout 3 and actually like the mods, because everything Bethesda has made in the game will inevitably be superior to the user-made mods. Don't tell me there are people who actually beat Bethesda at making quality content for their own game? Fallout 3 doesn't need mods to be awesome; they're just a bonus.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Planeforger

I don't understand how you cannot like games like Fallout 3 and actually like the mods, because everything Bethesda has made in the game will inevitably be superior to the user-made mods. Don't tell me there are people who actually beat Bethesda at making quality content for their own game? Fallout 3 doesn't need mods to be awesome; they're just a bonus.

SkyWard20

I think you're definitely underestimating the mod community there.

I don't know anything about Fallout 3's mod scene but I couldn't stand vanilla Oblivion - it'd take a lot of mods to get me playing that ever again. I honestly believe that some of the modders have better ideas of how to make a great RPG than Bethesda does.

Lithos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Lithos_
Member since 2008 • 1017 Posts

Whilst I will admit I enjoyed the "guilty" pleasure of playing Fallout 3 I have to confess that Fallout New Vegas doesn't really do much for me. It comes across as just an expansion pack with nothing new, couple that with the fact they are making the same mistakes that they made with Fallout 3 (no continued play after the story conclusion) and finally it is going to be expensive in terms of DLC.

charmingcharlie

DLC?!?

Fallout 3

163 marked locations
~20 side quests
~35 free quests

New Vegas

Over 200 marked locations
~70 full fledged sidequests
~90 free quests

Enough said. ;)

Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

Enough said. ;)

Lithos_

Not really there will probably be about 4 or 5 DLC packs released at about 800 points (roughly £8.50 a go) the DLC will cost almost as much as the full game. I learnt my lesson with Fallout 3 I will just wait for the "GOTY" edition and get it all for 30 quid or less rather than pay nearly £60. So since I am not getting the game till there is a GOTY edition there doesn't seem to be much point in me getting hyped about it. You don't have to agree with me I am just trying to show you why some wouldn't be hyped for Fallout New Vegas.

Spoonoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Spoonoop
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

It lacks hype because we already know what it's going to be like. Unless you have not played FO3 for some reason then you are in for a completely new experience (and possibly a better one than FO3).

I wouldn't call NV an expensive DLC. Yes I know it's the same engine blah blah... but as already said, NV will offer just as much, or even more content than FO3. And don't forget about all of those new features: iron sights, customizing weapons. hardcore mode, etc. NV will have a familiar feeling but I think it will play differently than FO3.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
It seems i am one of the few who get what the tc meant. Well yeah, there is not much hype, not much of trailers, basicly now the big "wow" hype train that followed fallout 3. Well there is a new trailer about faction if you want to check it out.
icyseanfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 icyseanfitz
Member since 2006 • 2493 Posts

yeah hardcore mode could be brilliant

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#18 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Obsidian is making it so im def gonna buy it, even if i was dissapointed with Fallout3.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 couly
Member since 2004 • 6279 Posts
It looks dated to me, so I'll wait and see.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#20 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I'm not surprised but thats because i think the change from tactical combat top down RPG to an FPS with a neat freeze screen option is a huge drawback for the title already :D.madmenno
You're joking right? Y'know how popular Fallout 3 is?
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

F3 was great I liked it but 2-3 playthroughs later its boring but with a couple of mods can really make it spicier.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

What the **** did you guys get high on?

An expansion pack with nothing new? Perhaps you haven't noticed that they are adding proper RPG elements to it? That's not small feat considering the disaster that were RPG elements in Fallout 3 :|

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dakan45

An expansion pack with nothing new? Perhaps you haven't noticed that they are adding proper RPG elements to it? That's not small feat considering the disaster that were RPG elements in Fallout 3 :|

N30F3N1X
Define proper rpg elements. So they add dialogues with choices. Thats good i guess but they made the guns more fps like thus the combat is more fps like, let alone meele weapons having combos. Anyway apart from that it has ton of new stuff and according to them its biigger than fallout 3.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

N30F3N1X
Fallout 3 has left a distaste for anything Bethesda, especially after Oblivion. I can't enjoy it, there are just too many glaring flaws for me to cope with given how much work they put into the game.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kozzy1234

The story and dialogue is always better with Obsidian games, cant wait to see waht kinda story they have come up with for this (:

I think this will be ALOT better then Fallout3, at least im hoping so, maybe we might get the game that Fallout3 shoulda been, a good story and great diaologue are the improvements im expecting over Fallout3, also some more rpg elements.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34811 Posts

Not that interested. I'd rather play some more Borderlands..

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

Obsidian is making it. Must buy

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24003 Posts

Well the game looks promising but the lack of discussion is caused by a lack of things to discuss, especially as it is a multiplat here in SW. Either way, my only concern is the risk of playing an overly bugged game.

That all seems rather pointless. I never understood the great appeal that mods have beyond graphical improvement or bug fixing... or restoring content that was supposed to be in the game. Ok, there are also those 'full-conversion' mods ( I believe they're called? ) which can be whole new different games, but besides that.

SkyWard20

There are plenty of mods in Fallout 3 that do a LOT outside bug fixing and graphical improvement. Heck we even have a hardcore mode inspired by various mods like this. New guns are also awesome. I must say FO3 felt very shallow until I modded it. A personal favorite of mine was one where everything (mainly the player) doesn't survive truckloads of bullets and tweaks to the durability, making the player able to repair with scrap. Anyway we can dislike a game but then like it because of mods because mods can undo lousy design choices (level scaling that seems to dominate in both Bioware and Bethesda games) and add new content. And bug removal can make unplayable games playable, or in my case, in order to be even able to play Vampires of the Masquerade I must download a mod for it. Similarily I refuse to play sims 3 without Awesomemod.

And I disagree with FO3 being their best game, Daggerfall holds that title even after 14 years.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Wow, all you guys saying you are buying it because its Obsidian.....its amazing to me. They have a terrible track record for their games and make some pretty disapointing sequels to some awesome original games (IMO). Alpha Protocol was the last straw for me. Personally, I loved Fallut 3 and actually bought the original plus the GOTY version, but I am definetely waiting for several reviews before putting money down on this. I dont trust the dev at all.

ironman388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ironman388
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Wow, all you guys saying you are buying it because its Obsidian.....its amazing to me. They have a terrible track record for their games and make some pretty disapointing sequels to some awesome original games (IMO). Alpha Protocol was the last straw for me. Personally, I loved Fallut 3 and actually bought the original plus the GOTY version, but I am definetely waiting for several reviews before putting money down on this. I dont trust the dev at all.

mkaliaz

a lot of the guys at obsidian worked on the original fallouts. also Alpha protocol and KOTOR 2 were awesome, they were rough around the edges but both very good games imo

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Maroxad

mkaliaz

Many of us believe the dev is good because they actually make rpgs with an emphasis on the actual roleplaying part, they also made mask of the betrayer which is one of the best rpgs to be released this gen.

Its all opinions though, I think both Fallout 3 and Oblivion were horrible.

To Ironman: I have heard some people say that Kotor 2 was better than 1, I am not going to comment much as I never came very far in the first one, first time I bought it the game was in a foreign language and I was unable to change language. The second time I bought it my character would lose all movement once combat was over forcing me to reload if I want to continue. Besides from what I have heard, the story wasn't that good outside a certain plot twist.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mkaliaz

[QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

Maroxad

Many of us believe the dev is good because they actually make rpgs with an emphasis on the actual roleplaying part, they also made mask of the betrayer which is one of the best rpgs to be released this gen.

Fair enough. I just wanted to share my personal reason for the "lack of hype". In all honesty, I hope the game is awesome, but I'm gonna wait for the reviews.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
I dont like how it looks far to similar to Fallout 3, which is why for now I will pass on it.
LIONHEART-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LIONHEART-_-
Member since 2010 • 2520 Posts

I'm hyped. Very. I can't wait to get my hands on F:NW!

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
Very hyped, getting Collector's Edition.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

Practically a day 1 purchase for me man. For the most part I do like the work that Obsidian is doing with Fallout. I really did enjoy playing alot of Fallout 3 but I did have a good amount of gripes with it. From the way it looks though, a lot of those gripes are alleviated with New Vegas.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I'll probably get it, but I'm not really hyped. I'm not overly thrilled by the lack of new AI (more of those same stupid mutants, yawn). It looks nearly identical as all the previous game & expansions, except in Vegas instead of DC. It would be cool if I could port my previous character from the previous games.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kozzy1234

mkaliaz

Alpha Protocol was awesome, most underrated game this year imo.

I have enjoeyd every single one of Obsidians game, so how you can say they have a bad track record is beyond me. Did you even try Alpha Protocol?

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts

Maroxad

What he said, Obsidian is one of the few devs that really put alot of effort into story, dialogue and roleplay. I loved KOTOR2, MoB and SoZ (not for it's story but for it's roleplay and old school rpg gameplay), I even like AP even though the AI was pretty bad.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Planeforger

Wow, all you guys saying you are buying it because its Obsidian.....its amazing to me. They have a terrible track record for their games and make some pretty disapointing sequels to some awesome original games (IMO).

mkaliaz

I've got to disagree with that - NWN2 was clearly a better game than NWN, and KOTOR2 was arguably much better than KOTOR1, too (well...it had better roleplaying and was a better game, even if the story fell apart at the end). Even if you disagree that the sequels as a whole are better, you can't really deny that their sequels add a lot of depth to the other companies' original games.

Besides, a fair few of these guys worked on Fallout 2, which was also a sequel that looked identical to previous game, and yet it added a hell of a lot to the formula which made it just as good (if not better) than the first. Hell, the lead designer of New Vegas wrote the Fallout bible. Literally.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

Obsidian + GameBryo engine = fail (even bethesda cant make a game with it without a bunch of weird glitches and bugs incase you dont know what Im refering to, and they made the engine)_ . They have a bad track record. Im just hoping the game is passable.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mkaliaz

[QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

Wow, all you guys saying you are buying it because its Obsidian.....its amazing to me. They have a terrible track record for their games and make some pretty disapointing sequels to some awesome original games (IMO).

Planeforger

I've got to disagree with that - NWN2 was clearly a better game than NWN, and KOTOR2 was arguably much better than KOTOR1, too (well...it had better roleplaying and was a better game, even if the story fell apart at the end). Even if you disagree that the sequels as a whole are better, you can't really deny that their sequels add a lot of depth to the other companies' original games.

Besides, a fair few of these guys worked on Fallout 2, which was also a sequel that looked identical to previous game, and yet it added a hell of a lot to the formula which made it just as good (if not better) than the first. Hell, the lead designer of New Vegas wrote the Fallout bible. Literally.

Ya, I suppose you are right....my comments were a bit extreme. NWN2 and KOTOR2 are not BAD games. They are pretty good (i dont agree they were better then the originals though). I think I'm mostly just disapointed in Alpha Protocol more recently, especially because that seemed to be getting a lot of hype around here before its release and it was so very disapointing. As I said before, i loved fallout 3 and hope this one is just as good.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

Were Beth making it, the hype should be off the roof now, very much like back then there were more Oblivion fans than Fallout's hyping Fallout 3.

Obsidian is currently the best RPG developer, Alpha Protocol's choice-consequence design puts into shame everything Bioware has to offer (well, except for BG2).

as of now, it's uncertain whether Obsidian would bring the original Fallout lore fully back, but I do expect it to be a much deeper role-playing game than Fallout 3.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

I am looking forward to this game,,but in reality its just a Giant pieces of DLC for Fallout 3.

MindlessTeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MindlessTeef
Member since 2003 • 1392 Posts

Black Isle is in my list of best developers ever to create PC games (along with Sirtech Canada,Looking Glass, Westwood Studios, Bullfrog,Troika and a few otehrs), I am sure they will bring something good to Fallout 3... even with the game engines limitations.

The lack of hype? I put that down as a simple"fan-boy" mentality. There's 2 very different camps here, those who love Bethesda and hate Obsidian and those that love Obsidian (aka Black Isle) and hateBethesda. The first group feels Obsidian will just mess it up (as they did with KOTOR2 andAP) and that Oblivion was the best RPG ever! The other camp, feels that Fallout 3 should have been top down old school and Bethesda "killed the soul of Fallout!"

Camp 1 is ignoring the fact the New Vegas excists and therefore doesn't ever mention New Vegas... EVER! (except to complain)

Camp 2 recons it's "Black Isle" making Fallout... as it should be... so there's no reason to talk about it (except when "other people" complain, see above)

Personally, I think both camps should be seton firewhile us "normal and reasonable" gamers standin between the 2 camps and laugh ourselves silly.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Gooeykat

What he said, Obsidian is one of the few devs that really put alot of effort into story, dialogue and roleplay. I loved KOTOR2, MoB and SoZ (not for it's story but for it's roleplay and old school rpg gameplay), I even like AP even though the AI was pretty bad.

And this is why I like Obsidian so much :) Many of these modern roleplaying games feel more like tabletop hack and slashes (RPGs with no RP) with a lack of consequence for your actions and with the actual roleplaying being letting the player chose their broad personality ranging from 2 wonderful options: Satan or Good guy who is seemingly a very strong believer in capital punishment killing more people than Genghis Khan, and if we are lucky there is a neutral path as well. Obsidian has some focus on RP actually lets us roleplay outside of this, sure they still sometimes gives out the good evil thing, but generally we can dive ourselves into various shades of gray as well. From what I have heard AP was a roleplaying game that yes, feels a lot more like a roleplaying game than most of these third person shooters/dungeon crawlers Bioware/Bethesda has made recently. I would like to try it but I haven't, same with Storms of Zehir. Since I haven't tried them, does that make me a bad person?

Either way, if Fallout New Vegas was made by Bethesda, I truely wouldn't care about this game in the slightest, they have gone downhill since Daggerfall.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

Planeforger

I also enjoyed Kotor 2 and NWN 2 ( though I've yet to finish NWN 2 ). I thought Kotor's story was very well done, even maybe superior to that of the original Kotor, at least if it were finished. But in other regards, the changes were minimal ( graphics, sound, gameplay, interface ). It felt like an expansion pack.

Also, there was too much fighting in Kotor 2 -- it almost felt like a grind.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SkyWard20

Black Isle is in my list of best developers ever to create PC games (along with Sirtech Canada,Looking Glass, Westwood Studios, Bullfrog,Troika and a few otehrs), I am sure they will bring something good to Fallout 3... even with the game engines limitations.

The lack of hype? I put that down as a simple"fan-boy" mentality. There's 2 very different camps here, those who love Bethesda and hate Obsidian and those that love Obsidian (aka Black Isle) and hateBethesda. The first group feels Obsidian will just mess it up (as they did with KOTOR2 andAP) and that Oblivion was the best RPG ever! The other camp, feels that Fallout 3 should have been top down old school and Bethesda "killed the soul of Fallout!"

Camp 1 is ignoring the fact the New Vegas excists and therefore doesn't ever mention New Vegas... EVER! (except to complain)

Camp 2 recons it's "Black Isle" making Fallout... as it should be... so there's no reason to talk about it (except when "other people" complain, see above)

Personally, I think both camps should be seton firewhile us "normal and reasonable" gamers standin between the 2 camps and laugh ourselves silly.

MindlessTeef
I like both Bethesda & Obsidian. :O
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 dakan45

Wow, all you guys saying you are buying it because its Obsidian.....its amazing to me. They have a terrible track record for their games and make some pretty disapointing sequels to some awesome original games (IMO). Alpha Protocol was the last straw for me. Personally, I loved Fallut 3 and actually bought the original plus the GOTY version, but I am definetely waiting for several reviews before putting money down on this. I dont trust the dev at all.mkaliaz

What he said^

Kotor 1 was meh in comparison with kotor 2 and alpha protocol has to be the most dissapointing turnout of a good idea i have ever seen. Let alone its a terrible port with random stutter and garbage mouse aiming. My belief is that they will mess this one up as well and it will be less playable than fallout 3 with more crashes. As for making fallout.....well, its been what? 14 years since then? That says alot. Alot of developers made original games and meh sequels, doom 3, deus ex invisible war ( i would add hl2 since it was nothing like the first, but anyway) let alone how games nowadays have turned into simple quick cash ins without any inspiration or love put into them.

So it is my belief that it wont be any better from all those games outher just because its obsidian. If anything, running the game fine will be a questionable issue because of obsidian. Anyway just my thoughts that are mainly that i dont belive that because they made a good game soooo many years ago, they can do it again. Alot of things have changed since then. Still thinking that what they shown so far looks better than fallout 3, but when i actually get to play the game, i bet most of what i said will turn out to be true .

Did you even try Alpha Protocol?kozzy1234

It seems you are unable to spot mediocre design values in a product, because alpha protocol had absolutly mediocre graphics,engine, controls...if not garbage. Yet the actual game was good, not amazing...but it was absolutly destroyed with the failed potential and cheap design values of....everything into the game. It does one thing right, consequences of your choices, everything else.... is just mediocre if not worse.

Obsidian + GameBryo engine = fail (even bethesda cant make a game with it without a bunch of weird glitches and bugs incase you dont know what Im refering to, and they made the engine)_ . They have a bad track record. Im just hoping the game is passable.bonafidetk

As i have said before, obsidian games have been full of problems of that sort. Not even bethesda can make a game work well in their overcomplicated engine that they were using since oblivion. I fail to see how obsidian that has 0 experiance with gamebryo will make it work.

MindlessTeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MindlessTeef
Member since 2003 • 1392 Posts

"I like both Bethesda & Obsidian. :O"

Exactly! That is my point!

I don't know why it must always be a "Dev A" vs. "Dev B" thing?! Obsidian and Bethesda both has their strenghts as well as weaknesses, rather let us hope that these 2 RPG Developent Giants work well together and built on their collective strenghts! I don't know why gamers always have to fight about everything? Especially PC Gamers...we seem to be a dying breed.