KotOR - Oh, the memories!

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for a_sh0pping_cart
a_sh0pping_cart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 a_sh0pping_cart
Member since 2009 • 354 Posts

I'm about 25 hours into a play-through, something I haven't done since I had it on the xbox 7 years ago! [spoiler] In case you haven't played it. I was still felt some disbelief when uncovering the fact that you are the original Dark Lord after all. [/spoiler] The atmosphere, dialogue, gameplay, side quests, characters, EVERYTHING still lives up to (and even exceeds) todays gaming standards! KotOR is forever a classic! It's just a trip playing through something I loved as a kid after all these years!

Just thought I'd share some screens, since I have it working PERFECTLY in 16:9 widescreen at 1920x1080.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Awesome game is awesome :D

How did you get it in 1920x1080?

Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

I'm playing through it right now as well, just need to find more time.

Avatar image for a_sh0pping_cart
a_sh0pping_cart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 a_sh0pping_cart
Member since 2009 • 354 Posts

kozzy1234

A little app called UniWS patches the game to whatever resolution you need. I also downloaded a fix to make sure the GUI was in place too. I love enjoying old games in high res!

silverfire675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silverfire675
Member since 2009 • 74 Posts

I'm practicing my programming by porting this game to a text based game. (built in combat system and several other systems)

It's a simple project, but it helps me learn and it's my own personal hommage to one of my favorite games of all time.

DasVolks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DasVolks
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts
Wow, those graphics are great! (seriously)...I'm on a bit of an old game kick at the moment. Can't wait to play this one!
mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
Wow it looks pretty brilliant in high res!
JayneDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 JayneDee
Member since 2010 • 183 Posts

One of the best games ever in my honest opinion. True immersion.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#9 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
Great game. One of my favourite ever. Man, that Revan twist got me good - I was still in shock and reviewing everything in my head days after I first beat that game.
Gr0wl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Gr0wl
Member since 2009 • 311 Posts

Truely , an impressive game . One of the best I've ever played . Hoping for a KOTOR 3 :(

rsekmistrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rsekmistrz
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts

I still love Bastila, that girl is my all-time favorite game-girl.

If only real woman were made like this.

Devie308

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Devie308
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Imagine if they made KOTOR 3, Those graphics :). Cmon Bioware, Do it,do it. Bastilla, the best lady ever, Yum

Nighteg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Nighteg
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts
Hmm, didn't play RPGs at the time, so i missed that one. But after playing the Mass Effects and DA, i decided to give it a shot. The problem was the outdated graphics, i just couldn't play it. Your screens look much better though..
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Ahh the memories, back then that bioware could actually make a good story with interesting and cool characters and awesome level design with some interesting planets. Then the begining of the end came with mass effect :(
Gr0wl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Gr0wl
Member since 2009 • 311 Posts

Even with the outdated graphics , it's a memorable game that is worth playing !

alvaro_pg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 alvaro_pg
Member since 2003 • 330 Posts
Ahh the memories, back then that bioware could actually make a good story with interesting and cool characters and awesome level design with some interesting planets. Then the begining of the end came with mass effect :(dakan45
And theres Dakan!!!!! lol Srry man, I can't possible comprehend why anyone would bash Mass Effect like that. ME really blew my mind away... The story and characters are incredible and even if you just take 20 minutes to go through the codex you'll see how brilliantly everything is put together, at least that's what I think being a Sci-Fi junkie :). Bioware are RPG geniuses. And oh, back on the topic... Kotor is definetely one of the best games ever made!!!!!!!! That plot twist even beats the one in the empire strikes back... pure awesomeness..
AGMing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AGMing
Member since 2003 • 1694 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

a_sh0pping_cart

A little app called UniWS patches the game to whatever resolution you need. I also downloaded a fix to make sure the GUI was in place too. I love enjoying old games in high res!

actually installed it tonight, never played it on the PC i had it on the 360 but i picked it up for cheap in the new year steam sales and the high rez mod will do wonders :D what is the mod for the GUI if that ends up being a problem?

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Ahh the memories, back then that bioware could actually make a good story with interesting and cool characters and awesome level design with some interesting planets. Then the begining of the end came with mass effect :(alvaro_pg
And theres Dakan!!!!! lol Srry man, I can't possible comprehend why anyone would bash Mass Effect like that. ME really blew my mind away... The story and characters are incredible and even if you just take 20 minutes to go through the codex you'll see how brilliantly everything is put together, at least that's what I think being a Sci-Fi junkie :). Bioware are RPG geniuses. And oh, back on the topic... Kotor is definetely one of the best games ever made!!!!!!!! That plot twist even beats the one in the empire strikes back... pure awesomeness..

What i was did was not bashing at all, it was an obvious pointing on why mass effect is not even as nearly as good as you people make it sound like. Kotor was 1000 times better with much better story,characters and gameplay, even the planets were better. I fail to see what exactly blew you away in mass effect who seemed like a trollish joke from bioware to me. i cant believe they were working on that game for so long but in the end the game was a very shallow and short game with small levels and very short content and very unthought random story with very half assed gameplay mechanics and everything what i say is true because dragon age was not like that at all, unlikely it actually was a huge game with so much time and work put into it and actually show something at the end than another simplistic x360 game. Mass effect is as much of great game as fable is, so much promise and yet so small and shallow. I have every right to point out all those things judging from all those great things bioware has done before mass effect. Even being a sci fi fan did not attract me to the game, only good thing were the impressive weapons and armors which were pretty much the same with diffirent colors and parts attached into them.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="alvaro_pg"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Ahh the memories, back then that bioware could actually make a good story with interesting and cool characters and awesome level design with some interesting planets. Then the begining of the end came with mass effect :(dakan45

What i was did was not bashing at all, it was an obvious pointing on why mass effect is not even as nearly as good as you people make it sound like. Kotor was 1000 times better with much better story,characters and gameplay, even the planets were better. I fail to see what exactly blew you away in mass effect who seemed like a trollish joke from bioware to me. i cant believe they were working on that game for so long but in the end the game was a very shallow and short game with small levels and very short content and very unthough random story with very half assed gameplay and everything i say it true because dragon age was not like that, unlikely it actually was a huge game with so much time and work put into it and actually show something at the end than another simplistic x360 game. Mass effect is as much of great game as fable is, so much promise and yet so small and shallow. I have every right to point out all those things judging from all those great things bioware has done before mass effect. Even being a sci fi fan did not attract me to the game, only good thing were the impressive weapons and armors which were pretty much the same with diffirent colors and parts attached into them.

Dakan please quite stating your opinions as facts, it is against ToS. It is getting really old.
Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="alvaro_pg"] And theres Dakan!!!!! lol Srry man, I can't possible comprehend why anyone would bash Mass Effect like that. ME really blew my mind away... The story and characters are incredible and even if you just take 20 minutes to go through the codex you'll see how brilliantly everything is put together, at least that's what I think being a Sci-Fi junkie :). Bioware are RPG geniuses. And oh, back on the topic... Kotor is definetely one of the best games ever made!!!!!!!! That plot twist even beats the one in the empire strikes back... pure awesomeness..millerlight89
The Magna Carta

Dakan please quite stating your opinions as facts, it is against ToS. It is getting really old.

Ignore it. He rated Oblivion 9.5, and we know it had a huge cast of memorable characters including... Martin Septim and...

Nice screenshots TC. You've made me want to play it again.

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

You just made me reinstall the game again! :D

alvaro_pg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alvaro_pg

[QUOTE="alvaro_pg"][QUOTE="dakan45"]Ahh the memories, back then that bioware could actually make a good story with interesting and cool characters and awesome level design with some interesting planets. Then the begining of the end came with mass effect :(dakan45

What i was did was not bashing at all, it was an obvious pointing on why mass effect is not even as nearly as good as you people make it sound like. Kotor was 1000 times better with much better story,characters and gameplay, even the planets were better. I fail to see what exactly blew you away in mass effect who seemed like a trollish joke from bioware to me. i cant believe they were working on that game for so long but in the end the game was a very shallow and short game with small levels and very short content and very unthought random story with very half assed gameplay mechanics and everything what i say is true because dragon age was not like that at all, unlikely it actually was a huge game with so much time and work put into it and actually show something at the end than another simplistic x360 game. Mass effect is as much of great game as fable is, so much promise and yet so small and shallow. I have every right to point out all those things judging from all those great things bioware has done before mass effect. Even being a sci fi fan did not attract me to the game, only good thing were the impressive weapons and armors which were pretty much the same with diffirent colors and parts attached into them.

It sounds like bashing to me man... I don't want to start an argument here lol but I just find it kinda funny why you would say such things about ME... I mean Kotor is very similar in many aspects to ME, and in some cases (as it is to be expected from a newer game) it improves on many of them (I personally like the conversation choices and how they develop in ME better than in Kotor... this does not make Kotor any less godly btw); not to mention ME is an entirely NEW IP. I get the feeling that you havent played ME AT ALL... or maybe just played the first 30 mins on an Xbox 360. Just a feeling though, because if you like games like Kotor I can't believe you'd say ME is "shallow"...
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dakan45
Dakan please quite stating your opinions as facts, it is against ToS. It is getting really old.millerlight89
This are not my opinions, they are facts. Infact there are other users that can analyze why everything i said is true, i wont go into detail analyzing since there is no point in doing so but my opinion and the opinion of other users who also agree on those things are not against the ToS.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="millerlight89"]Dakan please quite stating your opinions as facts, it is against ToS. It is getting really old.dakan45
This are not my opinions, they are facts. Infact there are other users that can analyze why everything i said is true, i wont go into detail analyzing since there is no point in doing so but my opinion and the opinion of other users who also agree on those things are not against the ToS.

You are stating KoToR is better, with a better story etc. That is as if you are stating this as a fact, it is not. That is an opinion and you should not state it as a fact thanks bye.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dakan45
It sounds like bashing to me man... I don't want to start an argument here lol but I just find it kinda funny why you would say such things about ME... I mean Kotor is very similar in many aspects to ME, and in some cases (as it is to be expected from a newer game) it improves on many of them (I personally like the conversation choices and how they develop in ME better than in Kotor... this does not make Kotor any less godly btw); not to mention ME is an entirely NEW IP. I get the feeling that you havent played ME AT ALL... or maybe just played the first 30 mins on an Xbox 360. Just a feeling though, because if you like games like Kotor I can't believe you'd say ME is "shallow"...alvaro_pg
Nice, so if someone does not have the same experiance as you then he has not played the game. I played ME for 25 hours. In comparison with kotor it sure is shallow. The maps for once sure are pretty linear and shallow in comparison with kotor with few stuff to do. Also the characters are trully uninteresting with a pretty basic story that seems weak like it was developed as they go without any inner meaning or any good plot twists to make it memorable for some reason. Infact the reason behind on why Sarren is against the council are pretty much laughable and seem to me like a poor excuse because bioware scriptwritters couldnt figure out what do do till that point and they made a cheap excuse. When i was turned into a jedi in kotor i was like "ohhhh" and when i was turned into a spectre in mass effect i was practicly screaming "lameeeee". So its clear to me that something they did not do right or didnt bother to use that "epic" factor. As for he combat? Well thats shallow and fails both in rpg and fps terms with very weak mechanics. Atleast mass effect 2 bothered to make combat more enjoyable in action terms. I honestly what exactly did you find so amazing, seriously explain to me. Was it the graphics? That i can understand, but the levels in kotor were far better and the combat too. Perhaps you prefer more action focused gameplay, well me too but in mass effect it felt lame. Was it the characters? Apart from Garrus, i cant say i liked anyone or that i was impressed by Ashlee and Liara. Was it the setting? Because that setting and universe with the cool guns and armors and shinny new age cinematic sci fi visuals were practicly created for me (Yes i liked the game setting so much) But the levels, story and gameplay were pretty dissapointing. Was it the dialogues? Because i found them utterly borring and simplistic without any memorable quotes. Sometimes i choose diffirent answers and shephard said the exact same thing. I fail to see whats so great about this game. To put it simply it suposed to be "THIS BIG" and it was "THIS SMALL". Explain me please what exactly was so amazing, which exactly parts of the game were so amazing and memorable, what exactly impress you on the gameplay because i fail to see how its anything more than just a good game in comparison with all the other bioware products. Oh and use spoilers becayse gs rules demand it.
sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

Same here. Started up the game again last week. I'm about 20 hours in. Took a bit to get it working on Windows 7 64 bit but, I finally got it working with all the settings at max. I also installed the resolution mod for wide screen. The game looks great with the mod.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="millerlight89"]Dakan please quite stating your opinions as facts, it is against ToS. It is getting really old.millerlight89

You are stating KoToR is better, with a better story etc. That is as if you are stating this as a fact, it is not. That is an opinion and you should not state it as a fact thanks bye.

If you analyze the story as a scriptwriter, piece by piece and all plot twists and dialogues you can only end up on why kotor story is better. If its still an opinion, then "whatever" mw2 story was better than mass effect for me :lol: No? Then how can i accept the "opinion" thing when everyone says its a "fact"? Therefore there are criteria on why a story is better or worse and diffirent things the story script can aim for.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dakan45

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="dakan45"] The Magna Carta Tresca_

Ignore it. He rated Oblivion 9.5, and we know it had a huge cast of memorable characters including... Martin Septim and...

The diffirence is that bioware is all about dialogues and characters and pary members when bethesda is all about huge worldmaps and exploration. I rated 9.5 because it did offer a huge map with alot of exploration. On the other hand from all bioware games i have played, mass effect has to have the weakest characters and dialogues.
Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

[QUOTE="Tresca_"]

[QUOTE="millerlight89"] Dakan please quite stating your opinions as facts, it is against ToS. It is getting really old.dakan45

The diffirence is that bioware is all about dialogues and characters and pary members when bethesda is all about huge worldmaps and exploration. I rated 9.5 because it did offer a huge map with alot of exploration. On the other hand from all bioware games i have played, mass effect has to have the weakest characters and dialogues.

That's like saying Transformers 2 is a great movie because Michael Bay is all about bouncy t*ts and explosions.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Tresca_"]

Tresca_

That's like saying Transformers 2 is a great movie because Michael Bay is all about bouncy t*ts and explosions.

Exactly, transformers 2 was about cutting edge effects and alot of action, epicness and explosions, it did what it did right and it was a great action movie. No? Then i guess there are no opinions and everything is fact and therefore i have to keep saying that in terms of scriptwritting/gameplay/planets kotor was much better than mass effect and mass effect in comparison with other bioware products was a much weaker game and i cant see whats so great about. If no, then i am free to say that transformers 2, mw2, oblivion...all had great scripts since its all about opinions.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
what is the mod for the GUI if that ends up being a problem?AGMing
Beat me to it. :) Do you guys have links to these mods so I can find them easily? Getting all set to reinstall this game tonight...!
alvaro_pg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 alvaro_pg
[QUOTE="alvaro_pg"]It sounds like bashing to me man... I don't want to start an argument here lol but I just find it kinda funny why you would say such things about ME... I mean Kotor is very similar in many aspects to ME, and in some cases (as it is to be expected from a newer game) it improves on many of them (I personally like the conversation choices and how they develop in ME better than in Kotor... this does not make Kotor any less godly btw); not to mention ME is an entirely NEW IP. I get the feeling that you havent played ME AT ALL... or maybe just played the first 30 mins on an Xbox 360. Just a feeling though, because if you like games like Kotor I can't believe you'd say ME is "shallow"...dakan45
Nice, so if someone does not have the same experiance as you then he has not played the game. I played ME for 25 hours. In comparison with kotor it sure is shallow. The maps for once sure are pretty linear and shallow in comparison with kotor with few stuff to do. Also the characters are trully uninteresting with a pretty basic story that seems weak like it was developed as they go without any inner meaning or any good plot twists to make it memorable for some reason. Infact the reason behind on why Sarren is against the council are pretty much laughable and seem to me like a poor excuse because bioware scriptwritters couldnt figure out what do do till that point and they made a cheap excuse. When i was turned into a jedi in kotor i was like "ohhhh" and when i was turned into a spectre in mass effect i was practicly screaming "lameeeee". So its clear to me that something they did not do right or didnt bother to use that "epic" factor. As for he combat? Well thats shallow and fails both in rpg and fps terms with very weak mechanics. Atleast mass effect 2 bothered to make combat more enjoyable in action terms. I honestly what exactly did you find so amazing, seriously explain to me. Was it the graphics? That i can understand, but the levels in kotor were far better and the combat too. Perhaps you prefer more action focused gameplay, well me too but in mass effect it felt lame. Was it the characters? Apart from Garrus, i cant say i liked anyone or that i was impressed by Ashlee and Liara. Was it the setting? Because that setting and universe with the cool guns and armors and shinny new age cinematic sci fi visuals were practicly created for me (Yes i liked the game setting so much) But the levels, story and gameplay were pretty dissapointing. Was it the dialogues? Because i found them utterly borring and simplistic without any memorable quotes. Sometimes i choose diffirent answers and shephard said the exact same thing. I fail to see whats so great about this game. To put it simply it suposed to be "THIS BIG" and it was "THIS SMALL". Explain me please what exactly was so amazing, which exactly parts of the game were so amazing and memorable, what exactly impress you on the gameplay because i fail to see how its anything more than just a good game in comparison with all the other bioware products. Oh and use spoilers becayse gs rules demand it.

Its a matter of tastes I guess... I would have to say the setting pretty much did it for me. Everything else fit perfectly as well... The characters were amazing (Shepard, Gaurus, Liara, Kaidan, the Krogan... and dont get me started with the characters from ME2!!) as was the story *SPOLER* (I loved the whole reapers thing and twist in the plot when you actually learn the truth about em, plus I loved the conversation with the Prothean AI near the end). The conversations where better than Kotor imo, mostly because of the fact that your character has a voice in ME. Graphics were very nice, even though the game was a bit glitchy on the pc. As for gameplay, while not the best in the world it was still very enjoyable (just like you, I liked combat in ME2 better). Anyhow, the game was nearly perfect for me and I can't wait to play the final episode :D I can see you have a different opinion on ME... but calling the game a big letdown or lame... I dont know dude, I think you were expecting Star Wars but got something different. To ME is one of the best games in the last few years and I'm sure most people will agree with me on this one. Oh and btw, I dont think you can compare becoming a jedi with becoming a spectre... they are VERY VERY VERY different things... Spectres are something like special agents... Jedis are... well Jedis. I never expected becoming a Spectre to be JEDI EPIC really
alvaro_pg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 alvaro_pg
Anyway... going back to the original topic lol Does anyone know if this game is available on Steam or D2D?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dakan45
To be honest i found the characters on kotor to be more unique, to have a more varied personality, the ones in mass effect were generic to me and the whole reppears thing was totally out of my liking, i would prefer an actual enemy rather the developers using the robots in the first game and those monsters in the second to create an alien race to fight because the main villians are unclear. Thats what really let me down. How unclear it is in which direction they wanna go with the bad guys. Also i found the prothean ai conversation to be deathborring, i would prefer if they made it a cutscene instead or show some archives, to me there is nothing more borring than listening to an ai explaining history, i would prefer either videos or personal logs just like in system shock 2, i cant believe that the characters just stand there and listen, if i was the story director i would take away the camera from the faceless prothean ai and wave it around the room and show some prothean archive holograms that showed what happen and then i would show the main characters from diffirent angles and play a suitable music in the background, much more epic with much better direction.
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChiliDragon
Anyway... going back to the original topic lol Does anyone know if this game is available on Steam or D2D?alvaro_pg
It's on Steam.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kozzy1234

Why oh why does Dakan have to wreck all good threads....

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kozzy1234

Anyway... going back to the original topic lol Does anyone know if this game is available on Steam or D2D?alvaro_pg

Its on both Steam and D2D bud

Lemonio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Lemonio
Member since 2006 • 513 Posts

AHHHHH

the childhood memories

playing KOTOR for the first time was probably the best expirience in my life

so much fun and wonder

i envy people who have not played kotor yet...they have the best things ahead of them

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

a_sh0pping_cart

Thanks for the info bud! If you have the site bookmarked where you downloaded those two things could you let me know? Thanks!

theG_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theG_man
Member since 2009 • 210 Posts
such a good game, i hate mmo but cant wait for swtor.
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

i loved the original, played it waaay too much when i first got it....i do have to say tho that the 2nd one killed me.....i felt like it had no direction whatsoever....and that i did alot of running around waiting for some script to activate.....oh well....i hope some releases a patch that makes kotor 2 actually feel complete or something...cause i still dont know exactly what happened

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I played KotoR on the Xbox and I remember enjoying it, but I don't think I could bare to play it again.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ChiliDragon

i hope some releases a patch that makes kotor 2 actually feel complete or something...cause i still dont know exactly what happened

lpjazzman220
Try this one... :)
alvaro_pg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 alvaro_pg
Damn 10 bucks (Im that short on cash)! I think I'll get it after I buy Metro in a couple of months... I've been itching to play that game since it was released hehe
ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ChiliDragon

[QUOTE="ChiliDragon"][QUOTE="AGMing"]what is the mod for the GUI if that ends up being a problem?sleepingzzz

Beat me to it. :) Do you guys have links to these mods so I can find them easily? Getting all set to reinstall this game tonight...!

Widescreen mod & HUD fix:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/WSGF_Hacks_for_SW:KOTOR

Sweet. Thank you! :)
chrisito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chrisito
Member since 2004 • 128 Posts

I still remember the first time I said

[spoiler] I am Darth Revan [/spoiler]

OMFG! This Game was so amazing in so many ways! The good and evil story arches were truly different, even down to how you fought the final battle againt Malek!

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

I'm about 25 hours into a play-through, something I haven't done since I had it on the xbox 7 years ago! *SPOILER* In case you haven't played it. I was still felt some disbelief when uncovering the fact that you are the original Dark Lord after all. The atmosphere, dialogue, gameplay, side quests, characters, EVERYTHING still lives up to (and even exceeds) todays gaming standards! KotOR is forever a classic! It's just a trip playing through something I loved as a kid after all these years!

Just thought I'd share some screens, since I have it working PERFECTLY in 16:9 widescreen at 1920x1080.

a_sh0pping_cart

lol, I find the fact that I know exactly what quest that is just from that one screenshot to be somewhat disturbing

gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

i hope some releases a patch that makes kotor 2 actually feel complete or something...cause i still dont know exactly what happened

ChiliDragon

Try this one... :)

Yeah, I wonder when they're ever going to release it though. I'm beginning to think it's vaporware...

"The modification reached gold and was released as version 1.5 on March 15, 2010."

*blink*
*rub eyes*

"The modification reached gold and was released as version 1.5 on March 15, 2010."

Holy...****ing...****...how did I not find out about this sooner?! :o