Is this PC legit for gaming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SlaveOfTerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SlaveOfTerror
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/model/PT.GCRP2.003 All I wanna do is play stuff like TF2, CSS, L4D, and maybe some more modern games like Batman Arkham Asylum. It should work, right?
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
Probably have to upgrade the GPU in that and most likely the power supply. Otherwise I really don't see anything wrong with it other than it's not "custom" built like I'm sure people will say to do.
wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wizzyman101
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts
i got this http://jordebot.com/2012/04/05/dont-worry-i-got-this/ [imghttp://jordebot.com/2012/04/05/dont-worry-i-got-this/ ][/img] http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-x51/fs comes with sli 550 tis
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Marfoo
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts
[QUOTE="wizzyman101"]i got this http://jordebot.com/2012/04/05/dont-worry-i-got-this/ [imghttp://jordebot.com/2012/04/05/dont-worry-i-got-this/ ][/img] http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-x51/fs comes with sli 550 tis

Don't listen to this guy, all he does is try to get you to buy an X51 at its bloated price.
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Marfoo
[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="Marfoo"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"]i got this http://jordebot.com/2012/04/05/dont-worry-i-got-this/ [imghttp://jordebot.com/2012/04/05/dont-worry-i-got-this/ ][/img] http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-x51/fs comes with sli 550 tis

Don't listen to this guy, all he does is try to get you to buy an X51 at its bloated price.

Listen, this guy picked a POS 500 american dollar system. do not get itm trust me. alienware is the future,b orother

Let this thread do the talking: LINK
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="Marfoo"] Listen, this guy picked a POS 500 american dollar system. do not get itm trust me. alienware is the future,b orotherMarfoo
Let this thread do the talking: LINK

lol im actually starting to believe this is an alt from loosey check it out yo:

alienware started next gen already with x51wizzyman101

taken from my thread about the hd 7950ghz ed. preview XD keep this up and your posts will give me cancer

SirDigby84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SirDigby84
Member since 2011 • 293 Posts

[QUOTE="Marfoo"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"] Let this thread do the talking: LINKionusX

lol im actually starting to believe this is an alt from loosey check it out yo:

alienware started next gen already with x51wizzyman101

taken from my thread about the hd 7950ghz ed. preview XD keep this up and your posts will give me cancer

Actually I think it may be that guy who tried to ruin the 'rate my setup' thread, the one with the bashed up crappy PC who made multiple accounts to insult others for spending more than $20 on a case and how dedicated graphics cards had ruined pc gaming. The writing style and blatant disruptive trolling are very similar.
WWIAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 WWIAB
Member since 2006 • 4352 Posts
[QUOTE="Marfoo"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"]i got this http://jordebot.com/2012/04/05/dont-worry-i-got-this/ [imghttp://jordebot.com/2012/04/05/dont-worry-i-got-this/ ][/img] http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-x51/fs comes with sli 550 tis

and I wann know where the 550ti SLI is at, all I see is a GTX555
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Marfoo
[QUOTE="WWIAB"][QUOTE="Marfoo"][QUOTE="wizzyman101"]i got this http://jordebot.com/2012/04/05/dont-worry-i-got-this/ [imghttp://jordebot.com/2012/04/05/dont-worry-i-got-this/ ][/img] http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-x51/fs comes with sli 550 tis

He also shows you the high end model specs and gives you the low end model price, and it's still a rip off at that price as I proved on the other thread, rofl.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ionusX

[QUOTE="WWIAB"][QUOTE="Marfoo"] Don't listen to this guy, all he does is try to get you to buy an X51 at its bloated price.Marfoo

He also shows you the high end model specs and gives you the low end model price, and it's still a rip off at that price as I proved on the other thread, rofl.

wizzy should just quit now while he still resembles a legitimate person and not a trolling alt XD

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wizzyman101
hey ion im thin bout giving myself a tatooo does it hur
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ionusX

hey ion im thin bout giving myself a tatooo does it hurwizzyman101
if your serious about getting 1 and not baiting me liek i think u r getting the basic drawing actually isnt that bad its the shading which can be the real painful part. i recommend something small to start. one of my co-workers has a tiny set of planets on his right forearm and one of my bosses has a half body tatto (waist up)

i also dont recommend doing it yourself to yourself i dont speak from experience but i imagine stabbing yourself with a high powered needle a few million times every ten minutes would be both hard to force yourself to do to yourself and incredibly hard to make accurate drawings while doing

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wizzyman101
No, I mean ordering some indian ink, safety pins and some larga from amazon. I'm 14 btw and a few peeps in mah new school have tats and i want one, Just a cross on my finger or w/e.
wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wizzyman101

[QUOTE="wizzyman101"]hey ion im thin bout giving myself a tatooo does it hurionusX

if your serious about getting 1 and not baiting me liek i think u r getting the basic drawing actually isnt that bad its the shading which can be the real painful part. i recommend something small to start. one of my co-workers has a tiny set of planets on his right forearm and one of my bosses has a half body tatto (waist up)

i also dont recommend doing it yourself to yourself i dont speak from experience but i imagine stabbing yourself with a high powered needle a few million times every ten minutes would be both hard to force yourself to do to yourself and incredibly hard to make accurate drawings while doing

just a small cross i wanna get the s3xy ladies
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="wizzyman101"]hey ion im thin bout giving myself a tatooo does it hurwizzyman101

your living in pakistan and want to get a religious cross.. i dont think that would end well

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html

especially when 95% of pakistan is muslim

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wizzyman101

[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="ionusX"] if your serious about getting 1 and not baiting me liek i think u r getting the basic drawing actually isnt that bad its the shading which can be the real painful part. i recommend something small to start. one of my co-workers has a tiny set of planets on his right forearm and one of my bosses has a half body tatto (waist up)

ionusX

your living in pakistan and want to get a religious cross.. i dont think that would end well

no no i was joking im from newcastle upton tyne ok. should i get 1 im white and have clothes
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="wizzyman101"] just a small cross i wanna get the s3xy ladieswizzyman101

no no i was joking im from newcastle upton tyne ok. should i get 1 im white and have clothes

XD thanks for that.. idk ur call. you will never be able to ignore the pain. if the idea of seriously hurting for the sake of personally attractive body art is appealing thats your call not mine. their also pretty expensive

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wizzyman101

[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="ionusX"] your living in pakistan and want to get a religious cross.. i dont think that would end well

ionusX

XD thanks for that.. idk ur call. you will never be able to ignore the pain. if the idea of seriously hurting for the sake of personally attractive body art is appealing thats your call not mine. their also pretty expensive

not expensive ink 6 squid paperclips 50 p paincillers £5 squid from londis down the road about the pain once i was kicked in the tennis baaaaaaaaalls i think im good. bro
NailedGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NailedGR
Member since 2010 • 997 Posts

ionusX

stop engaging it in conversation doofus, he is now purposely derailing threads and you are falling for it like a sucker

wizzyman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wizzyman101

[QUOTE="ionusX"]XD thanks for that.. idk ur call. you will never be able to ignore the pain. if the idea of seriously hurting for the sake of personally attractive body art is appealing thats your call not mine. their also pretty expensive

NailedGR

stop engaging it in conversation doofus, he is now purposely derailing threads and you are falling for it like a sucker

Ion is my bfff, he helped me pick the saphire 6870 gpu a week ago hes my bf irl to so yeah joh on kittys lol felix
WWIAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 WWIAB
Member since 2006 • 4352 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

Newcastle Upon Tyne

Explains this guy completely

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

This guy is disruptive poster #1. Nobody is even helping OP.

can he be b& now please?

SlaveOfTerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SlaveOfTerror
>Asks Question about a PC i'm interested in. >Conversation switches to tattoos.  My face when.
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Marfoo

SlaveOfTerror, how much would you be looking to spend to upgrade that PC? We can point you in the right direction for best value parts.

Also, I wonder if wizzy has been banned by now. He stirred up a lot of problems in Off-Topic so I've found out.

28lwbbt.jpg

Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Marfoo
Actually, looking at it, it has an AMD APU in it. It might be a small form factor case, that would make upgrading difficult.
SlaveOfTerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SlaveOfTerror
I REALLY REALLY want a pre-built computer for around $500. I saw this PC and thought that it had good specs for the games I plan to play. Plus it has a decent amount of RAM/Hard Drive. No, I am not buying an Alienware.
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Marfoo

For the games you mentioned, it should hold its own just fine. Source is not a very demanding engine. This system may struggle with newer titles though, I'm not sure how well Arkham would work with it, let me see if I can find some benchmarks.

Should be able to play Batman no problems. If that's all you're looking to play this should be fine. AMD APUs really shine at light gaming for their price.

Daanyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Daanyal
Member since 2009 • 773 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

Are you implying that Pakistanis don't have clothes?

Are all British kids your age like you are?

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#31 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

hey slave, I would recommend you don't get that pc. why? the gpu is weak and the psu is 220w. not enough for a gpu upgrade, and not only that, but because the pc is so narrow (not even 4 inches wide) you can't fit a standard gpu or probably psu for that matter. it would be a headache. sure, it will do what you want it to for now, but down the road you'll end up wishing you had bought a more upgradeable machine.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

this thing is uper lame and out of date already. the AMD on board GPU is super basic and will fall over after this year for anything other then SOURCE games. straight away you will be upgrading this thing......

people here seem to love ibuypower.com

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="wizzyman101"][QUOTE="ionusX"] your living in pakistan and want to get a religious cross.. i dont think that would end well

Daanyal

>Gets angry at racist generalisation >Makes racist generalisation Ignore wizzy, he's just a troll. At least he's more entertaining than the others.
SlaveOfTerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SlaveOfTerror
Well I don't plan on playing Skyrim or anything. Maybe a few MMOs like Star Wars The Old Republic or DC Universe.
Marfoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Marfoo
Well I don't plan on playing Skyrim or anything. Maybe a few MMOs like Star Wars The Old Republic or DC Universe.SlaveOfTerror
Even then you should still be okay, just know that for most newer games the settings will have to be turned down all the way most likely. As others have said, this computer is not a processing or gaming powerhouse and it's upgradeability is extremely limited. It might be worth building your own computer, but I'm not sure how far you can get on your budget these days. I haven't tried to configure a computer for that cheap in a while, it would be worth looking into to get more value for your dollar.
JimmyJumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#36 JimmyJumpy
Member since 2008 • 2554 Posts

http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/model/PT.GCRP2.003 All I wanna do is play stuff like TF2, CSS, L4D, and maybe some more modern games like Batman Arkham Asylum. It should work, right?SlaveOfTerror

Card is too weak to do some decent gaming and the power supply doesn't support anything heavier than what's inside the case. The latter is only 4 inch wide, so you'll have to find a high-end low-profile card and a small non-ATX supply...

Better let it pass and save your money for something better...

Daanyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Daanyal
Member since 2009 • 773 Posts

[QUOTE="Daanyal"]

[QUOTE="wizzyman101"] no no i was joking im from newcastle upton tyne ok. should i get 1 im white and have clotheskraken2109

>Gets angry at racist generalisation >Makes racist generalisation Ignore wizzy, he's just a troll. At least he's more entertaining than the others.

Hahaha, lol yeah I wasn't thinking straight there.