Is S.T.A.K.L.E.R.: Clear Sky gonna be any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fierce_deity13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fierce_deity13
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
I heard that there are a few bugs and that it's very "meh". But in comparison to the the first STALKER, is it an improvement? I'm pretty sure it's not out yet, but if anybody knows anything about the game, I'd like to know a little more about it.
Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts

It probably is out, seeing as there are lots of reviews. Try reading them.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts
Stalker fans say it's a huge improvement.
fierce_deity13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fierce_deity13
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
K, thanks.
KillOBKilled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 KillOBKilled
Member since 2008 • 231 Posts

Well here's something I didn't know five minutes ago, it's a prequel!

Wow, can't beleive I missed that one...

BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BeavermanA
Member since 2003 • 2652 Posts
If you liked the first you'll probably like the 2nd, if you didn't, then you won't. If you've played neither, I'd suggest picking up the 1st for cheap and see if you enjoy it.
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts

I got my copy yesterday from gs. It's a decent game but not as good as the first one. It's heavily bugged as usual. There are a lot of annoying things going on. Enemies tossing nades like you can't believe. I must have died a hundred or so times so far. Nights are darker which is good and bad. I have only seen the first blowout that happens to your character in the first part of the game. So far no others. The game is hard for sure. Much harder than arma which says alot. I am having fun exploring but not so much with the brutally hard combat.

Performance is all over the place. Stuttering and such going on. I have had multiple freezes, fortunately most of those only lasted a few seconds. Maximum settings with no aa is practically unplayable with my E8400, 4 gigs ram and 512 9800GTX. High looks a bit better than the originals maximum settings so it's alright.

Dark_prince123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Dark_prince123
Member since 2008 • 1149 Posts

I'm sure That GSC IS Fixing any Bugs in the game because the original date for the game was in 08/28/2008 and if The Company wanted to give us bad game they would already released it

so trust me man it's Better Than The First I already order the game

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Overall I find it better then the 1st one, but they are somehow hard to compare in many aspects SoC was a survival horror game, this is more of a shooter... there are some nervous twitching in there when its dark but otherwise not ;)

had the game shut down on me once, whch is no biggie, and im about 15-20 h in

It is nice to see the Alife engine working like it does, something I never thought it really did in the first one.

the factionwar is so so... about what you could expect but still a far cry from what was promised, upgradable weapons are a nice touch, makes you have a more personal relationship with your equip (if youre that sort of person)

BUT! if you found the fighting in SoC borring, then this game will rub you the wrong way, alot of fighting, and my biggest expence in the game (apart for my armor maint.) is Ammo.

Also the game has the slowest start ever, I really diddnt like the swamp, and that part dragged on forever, after the swamp settles down the game returns to its familier roots, but Im afraid im at the point in the game now where there is no return :(

and thus less fun.

-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts
It's great :)