Is Sacred 2 worth getting?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 warriorsq
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

I played the demo the other day and quite enjoyed it. I just read the Gamespot review and they said that the bugs make the game unstable, just wondered if its less buggy and more stable since the patches?

omenodebander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 omenodebander
Member since 2004 • 1401 Posts

I played the demo the other day and quite enjoyed it. I just read the Gamespot review and they said that the bugs make the game unstable, just wondered if its less buggy and more stable since the patches?

warriorsq

yeah, it's good and fun. as long as you don't expect an epic story of love and betrayal. It's a really massive game with a great sense of humor

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Depends, some manage to play it without any problems, for some it crashes after a certain period of time (me) and for some it barely runs. It's a fun game and it should be pretty cheap nowadays.
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

I didn't like it. My main problem was the camera, it made hard to move and got stuck on stuff. I tried all the settings just found they did it very badly.

Kreone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kreone
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

If you liked the demo and you're in this type of games, you should get it. The game had at least a year of steady patch releases and a major addon, so I'm almost certain that most of the bugs were fixed long time ago. The world is huge and fairly well made. I think you'll enjoy it.

Spoonoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Spoonoop
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

[QUOTE="warriorsq"]

omenodebander

yeah, it's good and fun. as long as you don't expect an epic story of love and betrayal. It's a really massive game with a great sense of humor

This!

The story is basically non-existant but who plays a hack and slash RPG for story anyway? This game is all about killing **** leveling up, and looting corpses and its fun to do. And as for bugs, I never really had any problems with the game myself. If you enjoyed the demo, the rest of the game is basically the exact same thing times a thousand.

CDudu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CDudu
Member since 2007 • 694 Posts

Have you tried the first one?

Sacred is better than the second one.

omenodebander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 omenodebander
Member since 2004 • 1401 Posts

[QUOTE="omenodebander"]

[QUOTE="warriorsq"]

Spoonoop

This!

The story is basically non-existant but who plays a hack and slash RPG for story anyway? This game is all about killing **** leveling up, and looting corpses and its fun to do. And as for bugs, I never really had any problems with the game myself. If you enjoyed the demo, the rest of the game is basically the exact same thing times a thousand.

yep pretty much. Once you patch it up and install the expansion ,it's pretty much bug-free (minus minor and small issues that are not game breaking). For those minor things, you can also install the community patch.

Overall, it's a great game, and the world is freaking massive and if your pc is up to it, the graphics are fantastic (even years later, it's still the best looking hack and slash game today). Just make sure you disable the PHysx option if you are having framarate issues.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

i personally love the game, its bit buggy but with latest patchs is ok

masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts

I didn't like it. My main problem was the camera, it made hard to move and got stuck on stuff. I tried all the settings just found they did it very badly.

Sleepyz
You can edit the files to have a free camera and increase view distance. But I agree that at some point, the problem is that they made the walls and roof clickable, so an invisible wall you click on will make your char turn around in the wrong direction. I guess the game could have become really popular if it was less buggy and they supported win 7. The guys burned all their money making the console version of the game.
Ant0n89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ant0n89
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts

CDudu
This. S2 is alright if you're into this types of games, but S1 was far more enjoyable
bluetadomonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bluetadomonk
Member since 2011 • 449 Posts
[QUOTE="CDudu"]

Ant0n89
This. S2 is alright if you're into this types of games, but S1 was far more enjoyable

true^ the world was so much bigger too it was craaazy. but s2 is still fun
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DanielDust
[QUOTE="Ant0n89"][QUOTE="CDudu"]

bluetadomonk

true^ the world was so much bigger too it was craaazy. but s2 is still fun

Not really, S2's world is a little bigger, but I agree 1 was imo the best game in this genre after Diablo 2.
kokonut1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 kokonut1971
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts

with the expan sion pack it is a big huge game and fun BUT the game will eat your machine up if you push the settings on high, there is a grass settings that you can jack all the way up to have more moving grass on the terrains but it takes an ubber video card to push this...plus if you add physx to the game it will slow your pc down..

buy it if you have a rig to push insane games otherwise you will have to lower the settings down for the game and it wont be fun...

warriorsq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 warriorsq
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

Thanks guys! I will get Sacred 2 and download the demo for the first one as well

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DanielDust

Thanks guys! I will get Sacred 2 and download the demo for the first one as well

warriorsq
I don't know if they even sell Sacred 1 alone, but be sure to get Sacred Gold (Steam for example sells only Sacred Gold), the expansion adds a lot to it.
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts
[QUOTE="CDudu"]

By far! Loved the first Sacred and hated the 2nd.
psp_mtness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 psp_mtness
Member since 2008 • 815 Posts

yeap sacred 2 was a fun game, if you are after something which i found even more enjoyable the maybe go with titan-quest, it was a blast, here http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/t2-my-titanquest-gold-review is a review i wrote for titan quest gold and here http://mwnclan.omgforum.net/t6-my-sacred-2-fallen-angel-review is one i wrote for sacred 2, any way both are a fun hack'n'slash rpg that will reward you with 50+ hours of fun.

BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts

I didn't find it very fun

covertgamer78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 covertgamer78
Member since 2005 • 1032 Posts
Should get the UK version, it has the expansion pack and more updated patches.
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
It's a really good game and it lasts a lot as well.