Is my video card defective?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Rain_of_Miami
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts
Hai. I have an Nvidia 8600 GT, and under the "digital vibrance" option where it allows me to adjust the colour saturation of the visual display, it doesn't seem to work properly. When I set it on max., it makes the colours very heavy, when I set it to zero, however, instead of going into black and white, it has a lot of colour still. I need to reduce the amount of colour depth because my eyes are sensitive. Another thing I noticed with the video card is the option to increase the image sharpening is greyed out, and won't even let me adjust it what so ever. Is this just how the card is supposed to be, or is it defective? I've had the computer for a while, and back then I was using the driver that came with it. Over the months, I have upgraded the driver all 3 times an update was available from Nvidia, but neither the 3 upgrade drivers, nor the starting driver, seem to allow me to do what I need. If this is how this particular video card model is supposed to be, would anyone happen to know of any monitors that allow me to adjust the colour saturation? I've looked around, but I can't seem to find any. Thanks so much.
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
i updated my drivers a while back after i reformatted and it digital vibrance basically didnt work at all, it seemed to only effect me with new drivers. to solve my problem i got modified drivers from 3dguru and now it works perfectly i suggest you google your problem first then start changing drivers.
Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rain_of_Miami
yoyo462001, When your digital vibrance was working with the earlier Nvidia driver, did the display become black and white when the digital vibrance feature was set to zero value? Thanks so much.
Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rain_of_Miami
Please -- anyone.
Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rain_of_Miami
Help please. o^_^o
death5ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 death5ter
Member since 2005 • 1001 Posts
[QUOTE="Rain_of_Miami"]Hai. I have an Nvidia 8600 GT, and under the "digital vibrance" option where it allows me to adjust the colour saturation of the visual display, it doesn't seem to work properly. When I set it on max., it makes the colours very heavy, when I set it to zero, however, instead of going into black and white, it has a lot of colour still. I need to reduce the amount of colour depth because my eyes are sensitive. Another thing I noticed with the video card is the option to increase the image sharpening is greyed out, and won't even let me adjust it what so ever. Is this just how the card is supposed to be, or is it defective? I've had the computer for a while, and back then I was using the driver that came with it. Over the months, I have upgraded the driver all 3 times an update was available from Nvidia, but neither the 3 upgrade drivers, nor the starting driver, seem to allow me to do what I need. If this is how this particular video card model is supposed to be, would anyone happen to know of any monitors that allow me to adjust the colour saturation? I've looked around, but I can't seem to find any. Thanks so much.

First... what's the brand of your monitor... Second... Does it support digital vibrance?
Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Rain_of_Miami
I forgot to mention that I've actually used two monitors on this computer, and neither have worked. Viewsonic Q71 C.R.T. monitor. An L.G. monitor that I can't remember the model number, but it's a new one. I returned it. Does it support colour saturation? Well, it doesn't have the feature on the monitor itself -- people were suggesting that if your monitor doesn't support it, the video card will do that stuff for it. Does the monitor have to possess standalone support for colour saturation? If so -- then which monitors do? I can't ever seem to find them. Please get back to me. o^_^o Thanks so much!!
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
[QUOTE="Rain_of_Miami"]yoyo462001, When your digital vibrance was working with the earlier Nvidia driver, did the display become black and white when the digital vibrance feature was set to zero value? Thanks so much.

nope it wasnt like this, go to guru3d and check out some of there beta drivers, currently thats what im using.
death5ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 death5ter
Member since 2005 • 1001 Posts

This would help

tekkiegurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 tekkiegurl
Member since 2009 • 33 Posts

check your driver, then try to reinstall

http://www.healthsitedirectory.com

Rain_of_Miami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rain_of_Miami

This would help

death5ter
So I guess it's just Nvidia being horrid with their drivers. Thank yewwwww. I'll contact them and let them know.