Is IBUYPOWER a scam?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mike5445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mike5445
Member since 2005 • 291 Posts

Hello

for about 3 weeks now Ive been looking for a place that ships gaming computers to canada. The problem with building one is that I really never have the time to do it. I came across this website named IBUYPOWER Which happens to ship to canda. Now when I check on google cause im suspicious that it is a scam I get 2 sides. One half saying that they recieved their product and loved it and others saying that they got scammed.

Please help me asap.

-mike 

peeviness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 peeviness
Member since 2004 • 2023 Posts
I got my computer from them, I was quite happy with the price, but not the customer service (just some broken speakers, no major problems with the computer after a year or so).
mike5445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mike5445

Alrighty. Not saying your lieing or anything could I get a few more people to post they're expierience with IBUYPOWER?

KorJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KorJax
Member since 2004 • 2564 Posts

IBUYPOWER and CyberpowerPC are legitimate PC building websites at fairly good prices.

Its just that I hear thier custimer service sucks (which isnt a big deal when you consider building a PC has no customer service itself, and the prices of IbuyPower and CyberPower a similar to building one yourself).

RyanWare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 RyanWare
Member since 2002 • 12113 Posts
They're legit, check resellerratings.com
Arcadius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Arcadius
Member since 2002 • 959 Posts
I can only tell you that Tiger Direct, Zipzoomfly and newegg are also fine alternatives to IBUYPOWER, and in my experience they are excellent alternatives.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

ABS is also a really nice online company to buy a computer from.  We bought ours from them and have been nothing but happy with the experience.  They even called our house a few days after we received it to make sure everything was ok and that we were happy with our purchase. Who does that nowadays?

This fall when we buy our new computer I'm pretty sure we will be sticking with ABS.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts

Hello

for about 3 weeks now Ive been looking for a place that ships gaming computers to canada. The problem with building one is that I really never have the time to do it. I came across this website named IBUYPOWER Which happens to ship to canda. Now when I check on google cause im suspicious that it is a scam I get 2 sides. One half saying that they recieved their product and loved it and others saying that they got scammed.

Please help me asap.

-mike

mike5445

You do know alienware, NCIX, and tiger direct ship PC's to canada?

mike5445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mike5445

ABS is also a really nice online company to buy a computer from. We bought ours from them and have been nothing but happy with the experience. They even called our house a few days after we received it to make sure everything was ok and that we were happy with our purchase. Who does that nowadays?

This fall when we buy our new computer I'm pretty sure we will be sticking with ABS.

-wildflower-
may I have a link to ABS please?
YourOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 YourOldFriend
Member since 2005 • 4196 Posts
It is a very legitmate manufacturer and I've never heard of any bad stories aside from mediocre customer support. They build solid, stable, cheap computers and have a lot of ads and affiliations with PCGamer, so I would trust them for sure. Although I build all my systems.
mike5445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mike5445

Ok so IBUYPOWER is legit, but just crappy customer support?

im mainly asking because when i tried to order my comp after i gave in all my info they needed it told me an error has occured. 

THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts
I've bought 2 computers from them and aside from having to ship the first back because of a faulty cpu, they have been pretty good to deal with.  My current computer I got last Christmas and has given me no problems whatsoever.
KorJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KorJax
Member since 2004 • 2564 Posts

If I buy Power doesnt work, try CyberPowerPC.com, I think they are the same company anyways :P

brood_aliance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 brood_aliance
Member since 2004 • 1005 Posts

IBUYPOWER and CyberpowerPC are legitimate PC building websites at fairly good prices.

Its just that I hear thier custimer service sucks (which isnt a big deal when you consider building a PC has no customer service itself, and the prices of IbuyPower and CyberPower a similar to building one yourself).

KorJax

Don't buy from them, they aren't good (even though the price is pretty good).

NCIX.com is a great place for canadians to buy parts.  Cheap and quick.  But DO NOT buy full systems from them, they are way overpriced.  Buy them part by part. 

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
I haven't bought from ibuypower and never will because I build my own rigs instead of buying them. But they have ads in PC Gamer all the time. I can't see PC Gamer running ads for a company that isn't legit. As stated above, there is also Cyberpowerpc. I have bought from these guys and while I got what I ordered, their customer service (CS) sucks IMO. Their CS is the reason I build my own rigs now. I had to learn alot because they wasn't much help. Now I know how to build them thanks to Cyberpower. So in a way, I guess I owe them one lol.
crazymonkey092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 crazymonkey092
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts

Dont buy from them, they sell crappy built computers and have no care in the world if they build with quality in mind. I have bought a computer from them and I was not satisfied at all. It may be cheap and tempting but the stress you will deal with is just not worth it. Really do yourself a favor and look at a different company.

Dont support a company that doesnt care about the customer, and also from the Better Business Bereaus they got a c- i beleive so why trust your money with a company that has that many complaints about them.

Please dont buy from them. 

superkoolstud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 superkoolstud
Member since 2004 • 2800 Posts

Don't buy from them. Not only do they have bad customer service but they build computers using the worst quality parts.

Stick to newegg and build it yourself.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts
my roommate has a pc and labtop from them.  Both are good and not bad other then his labtop power cable messed up.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

ur sig sucks. blizzard makes awesome games

kbubba92

Yeah, Blizzard Rulez D00Dz. Nothing compares with a company that rehashes the same mindless game over and over and over. Welcome to the world of lowered expectations I guess...

For the OP, here's the link: www.abs.com

_KwispY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 _KwispY
Member since 2005 • 549 Posts
cyberpower rocks
neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

Hello

Please help me asap.

-mike 

mike5445

IBuyPower.com is legit. My current rig that I picked up a good year ago is from them:

AMD 64 X2 3800+, 2GB RAM, 2x Nvidia 7600GT (SLI config), 160GB hard drive, 1 DVD/CD burner and 1 DVD/CD drive and the basic Windows XP Home Edition (also came with free water cooling system)

Got it for around $1,050.00 from them.

I had no problems with my computer, other then the fact that the first hard drive I had in my computer crashed after about 2 months....the customer service is pretty pathetic because it took me 4 different attempts at calling them to finally get an RA# to return my bad hard drive....plus it took them a week longer then they said it would for my new hard drive to come in.

Other then that, I haven't had any issues. Basically just poor customer service.

oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
Use NCIX if you live in Canada
subtec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 subtec
Member since 2004 • 113 Posts
Newegg is the way.  I've spent thousands with them over the years, and they have rockin' customer support.
Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts
No it's not a scam and yes this is the wrong forum!