Is Cryostasis any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

I just went to EVGA's website to check how much time I had left on my step-up for the GPU I recently purchased... and I noticed next to my product info that it said "Cryostasis Game Code"... so I clicked it... and apparently my card came with a free download of Cryostasis... so is it worth the download or is the game crap?

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

Its "supposed" to be good but its poorly optimized, it does not support multi-core so you would probably have lots of fps drops.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Squeets

Its "supposed" to be good but its poorly optimized, it does not support multi-core so you would probably have lots of fps drops.

Gamerz1569

Is it a good game if you put the technical issues aside? Like does it have good gameplay/story?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
a game that does not support multicore is a disaster i think
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Squeets

a game that does not support multicore is a disaster i thinkGazaAli

Do you know why they would not include that type of support? 99.9% of the PC market use dual/quad cores, even those that aren't gamers... so why would they not include that?

Have the updated it to include that support yet?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Do not listen to these guys, the game is great. I love this game to death.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]a game that does not support multicore is a disaster i thinkSqueets

Do you know why they would not include that type of support? 99.9% of the PC market use dual/quad cores, even those that aren't gamers... so why would they not include that?

honestly i dont know.and i didnt say the game itself is bad,but if someone has a 1.6 Dual core processor,the game will run like $hit
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="Squeets"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"]a game that does not support multicore is a disaster i thinkGazaAli

honestly i dont know.and i didnt say the game itself is bad,but if someone has a 1.6 Dual core processor,the game will run like $hit

Of course the game is not going to run good on a E2180, and a 8500gt, the 8500gt is not a gaming card. Squeets the game is great.
Avatar image for Charles_Dickens
Charles_Dickens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Charles_Dickens
Member since 2009 • 1693 Posts

I like asking questions like this as well - but I'm starting to feel that the only way I can decide about a game is to buy it and play it for myself. I've gone game mad this year. Game made. I've purchased games that I NEVER thought I would've purchased... Ghostbusters, Mirror's Edge, Prince of Persia, Battlestations Pacific, Quantum of Solace, Drakensang...

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Squeets

Ok well my DL is at 90%... hopefully I get some OK performance... my C2D is only an e6750, which is only 2.66ghz...

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Squeets

Wow the downloader got to 99% and crashed with an error saying that Windows couldn't open setup-bin5 or something like that... Now when I try to restart the downloader, it gives me all kinds of errors about how my files don't match WTF?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamerz1569"]

Squeets

Is it a good game if you put the technical issues aside? Like does it have good gameplay/story?

I found it too slow and boring.... And no, I wasn't expecting a full blown action FPS, but if a game doesn't have me in at least an hour's gameplay.... I don't bother.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

It's a horror adventure game with the best story in the last few years.

It's only using one CPU core, but that doesn't matter unless you have a *very* weak processor.

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Squeets

:( Why isn't this game detected by Xfire? I am trying to record some gameplay and it won't let me :(

And I am getting a lot of graphical glitches... my screen keeps flashing black every now and again and Windows says my display drivers stopped responding and recovered... this is the only game that has ever happened to me in and it has happened like 5 times...?

Other than that though, this game is pretty good... The water/ice is amazing... like right in the beginning when you get in the engine room and turn it on... the 3d ice melts into 3d water right in front of you... pretty amazing looking...

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#15 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

No, it's not. It's very very linear with rubbish "puzzles" and terribly boring combat. The game is very slow too and drags along with not much excitement.

ferran82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 ferran82
Member since 2008 • 170 Posts

I really tried to like this game, but could not get into it. Apparently the story starts to take off after the first hours, but they lost me before I started to understand what was going on.

I'll try it again sometime, when I have more time on my hands, as I spent my money on it, and a lot of people say it is a good game. The setting was not bad, everything just a bit clunky. But I'll surely try to get into it sometime!

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

It's a horror adventure game with the best story in the last few years.

It's only using one CPU core, but that doesn't matter unless you have a *very* weak processor.

Baranga
cant you use that program you showed us for stalker?
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#18 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
the game is very good, but it requires a very expensive machine to run well at average resolutions,
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dakan45
just started playing it... pretty slow and my screen flashes black every now and then....
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts
I beat it the other night its a mind twister, It's creepy, *spoiler* *****you get to a point where ur in a movie theater type of room and you see a room playing on the screen and an enemy appears in the movie and starts shooting you and you shoot back at it and others come and do the same thing until the mini boss walks out of the screen**** That was cool and creepy at the same time scenes like that are sweet the nice to see different approaches in games and stories instead of the same old stuff.
Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 Xsan3
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

I wrote a review about it = just click on my name and scroll down.!

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Even with the techincal problems I've finished the game three times in a row. It's a very good slow-paced FPS with lots of memorable events.

TShanks42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 TShanks42
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts

I played it for five minuets and stopped but not because I thought it sucked but it almost made me crap my pants because it freaked me out sooo much.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45
ok fixed with the patch...anyway its a very slow slow slow slow slow game, its basicly crap but hey atleast it aint that exact same thing as all those games out there its something diffirent...
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#25 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

Great Game, terrible optimization.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

is it scarier than Stalker SOC,or Jericho???

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dakan45

is it scarier than Stalker SOC,or Jericho???

multiplat
yeah
AdamK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AdamK47
Member since 2003 • 1127 Posts

I beat it the other night its a mind twister, It's creepy, *spoiler* *****you get to a point where ur in a movie theater type of room and you see a room playing on the screen and an enemy appears in the movie and starts shooting you and you shoot back at it and others come and do the same thing until the mini boss walks out of the screen**** That was cool and creepy at the same time scenes like that are sweet the nice to see different approaches in games and stories instead of the same old stuff.04dcarraher

For me that was the best part in the game. The ending was right up there though.

Delphanius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Delphanius
Member since 2008 • 1176 Posts

I heard that it was pretty good...but only if you have a strong computer

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dakan45

I heard that it was pretty good...but only if you have a strong computer

Delphanius
well it requires a good videocard.. cant say that a dual core or a quad core will do any diffirence...
heydude111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 heydude111
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts
Never heard about this game
shahabzelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shahabzelda
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts
its'nt a good game in my opinion. no optimized ... weak AI ... weak shooting... bad story ...
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

I just went to EVGA's website to check how much time I had left on my step-up for the GPU I recently purchased... and I noticed next to my product info that it said "Cryostasis Game Code"... so I clicked it... and apparently my card came with a free download of Cryostasis... so is it worth the download or is the game crap?

Squeets
Since i loved the game i'm gonna answer. Its more love it or hate it game. According to some like me is a great game others say its terrible. It has a great story based on a novel, excellent atmosphere, great graphics with physx support can get scary at times and its immersive. On the other hand you might hate the slow gameplay (although i like it) is more an adventure-fps rather an Fps like lets say crysis or fear. Also indeed the game is not well optimized but considering you have a good vga ( 9600gt and better) and a 2ghz ( since this game is not multicore) cpu or better you will be fine ( in fact my 2,4 ghz cpu and 8800gt play the game at 25-30fps with dropdowns to mid 10's but is not that bad since it has a slow gameplay unlike games like COD 4 where high fps is needed) Since you got a free copy download it and try it. You have nothing to lose
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
If you want a survival horror adventure game, in first person, yes.
k2110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 k2110
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Well now that you said that,guess you gave it away,lol.Did you say it was a free dL?.If so I'd try it.I just finished the game and it starts out o.k. but does get laggy about half way thru and it crashed on me twice.Saving your game is key.But I had all the video maxed out.Running a hp 2003 pavillion xp sp3 ,p4 on nividia 7950gt 512m,with 3 gb ram.As far as the game goes it was some what fun,but the weapons and ammo are limited and some of the acid flashbacks were cool but it should have been alot more detailed in the game and programming to work the bugs.Needs more player items too searching crates for loot and more puzzles.
k2110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 k2110
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Sorry about that,I forgot my pavillion is 3.6ghz.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dakan45
Sorry about that,I forgot my pavillion is 3.6ghz.k2110
the game has no dual core support so if you have a 3.6 ghz cpu and an 7950 you can max it.. basicly its like gta iv.. high cpu use but it doesnt support dual core so people with quad cores wonder why it perfoms bad.
felixiration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 felixiration
Member since 2009 • 433 Posts

I didn't have any problems with the game and I enjoyed it, go for it.

IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
Do not listen to these guys, the game is great. I love this game to death.millerlight89
It's not exactly Half Life, but there is something eerily fascinating about this game. The mystery, the horror, the intrigue...very Russian, and the story is fantastic, if only for the way that it's presented.