is call of duty modern warfare 2 good for the computer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supertapey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 supertapey
Member since 2009 • 259 Posts

i own mw2 for the xbox360 and i was seeing if you would recomend it for the computer

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#2 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
the game looks better on PC, naturally controls with the mouse and keyboard. Multiplayer is almost identical to the console versions with a peer 2 peer system and it uses IW.Net. Its essentially the same game on the PC, even the DLC is the same price!
Suffca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Suffca
Member since 2008 • 666 Posts

If you already have it for the 360, don't bother buying it for the PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Nope, I would not see MW2 being better on PC, it is one of those games that were made for console players in mind, and ported badly to the pc (well it works on a tecnical level, but it removed everything that usually makes pc games great.

It has a fair share of hackers on pc, it has semi broken matchmaking, and overall I would not waste my money on it.

So basicly the game is overall more enjoyable on the 360. Dont bother with it really -.-

cod4 andworld at war,both have a slight edge on pc, in my oppinion (not universal truth ofcourse, but I could see why getting those games for the pc would benefit the games)

DabsTight703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 DabsTight703
Member since 2008 • 1966 Posts
The game is pretty much dead. My friends and I can't even join each others parties. MW2 on PC is garbage. I really regret spending 60USD on this POS.
bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
No MW2 is not good for the PC. It took us back wards 15 years.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

As a PC game, it didn't feel very in-depth as opposed to CoD4 but I think it should satisfy the console gamer quite well.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

While I agree that IW and Activision could of done a better job on release and flow of MW2 (as well as pricing.) {as well as a few other things}

But there are some really sad comments in this thread as well as many others.

Took us back 15 years? come on, duke nukem was 15 years ago.

This is killing pc gaming, lmao, no its changing it, Let me guess, WHEN capitalism fails, its gonna be "the end of the world"

(its this thought process right here, why we end up with "divine" doomsday scenarios every couple of years.)

to TC, If you have it on xbox360, it prolly wouldn't be worth it on pc, though it is slightly better on pc with visuals, and mouse and keyboard, but thats about it.

ChiliDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChiliDragon
Member since 2006 • 8444 Posts
is call of duty modern warfare 2 good for the computersupertapey
No, it's bad for computers. It makes them grow green hair and warts, and say "Ni!" to you in the middle of the night. :P
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I have it on 360 and PC as well. Since the care package thing was fixed on 360, you'll have a generally hacker-free experience. Not so much with MW2 on PC, and you run into them the most on ground war (which is what I usually like playing). That being said, it's still a really fun game on PC.. I found myself enjoying it much more with a mouse and keyboard.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
It's just as good as the console version, that means it's a bad PC game, add in the hacker/cheater factor and you get "It's absolutely horrible and unstable on PC'.