Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 gamerpax88
Member since 2020 • 4 Posts

Hi guys, I'm planning to create a PC video game

I have several ideas in my head and I'd like you to tell me which one sounds better, okay?

Idea No.1: You are a guy kidnapped by a real psychopath and you have 4 minutes to escape before the homicidal maniac finds you and kills you in different ways.

Idea number two: You're a mob spy. A Russian mafia boss hires you to assassinate the rival mafia boss, in order to take over his neighborhoods. Your respect grows and you become one of the most feared gangsters in Russia.

Minigame: escape from a country in conflict, your mission is to reach the border safely and get out of a country where conflict has broken out. It won't be easy to escape, armed commandos guarding the border so that no one escapes the country, different ways to escape with traps that you will have to avoid.

Anyway, I know these are shitty ideas, so I want to ask you that if you come up with a better idea for a PC game, I'm open to listening to you and accepting suggestions. Obviously, as long as you don't go overboard like in other forums where I was labeled as a no-brainer (there's always some jerk who thinks he's a wiseass). Respect is important people!

I didn't know where to put this, so I used what I thought was most appropriate, the Off Topic category, where you can talk about anything that has nothing to do with already-made video games ;)

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@gamerpax88 said:

Hi guys, I'm planning to create a PC video game

I have several ideas in my head and I'd like you to tell me which one sounds better, okay?

Idea No.1: You are a guy kidnapped by a real psychopath and you have 4 minutes to escape before the homicidal maniac finds you and kills you in different ways.

Idea number two: You're a mob spy. A Russian mafia boss hires you to assassinate the rival mafia boss, in order to take over his neighborhoods. Your respect grows and you become one of the most feared gangsters in Russia.

Minigame: escape from a country in conflict, your mission is to reach the border safely and get out of a country where conflict has broken out. It won't be easy to escape, armed commandos guarding the border so that no one escapes the country, different ways to escape with traps that you will have to avoid.

Anyway, I know these are shitty ideas, so I want to ask you that if you come up with a better idea for a PC game, I'm open to listening to you and accepting suggestions. Obviously, as long as you don't go overboard like in other forums where I was labeled as a no-brainer (there's always some jerk who thinks he's a wiseass). Respect is important people!

I didn't know where to put this, so I used what I thought was most appropriate, the Off Topic category, where you can talk about anything that has nothing to do with already-made video games ;)

Don't worry, I move your thread to the correct forum: PC/Mac/Linux Society and Off-Topic is still a place for no video game talks.

gamerpax88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gamerpax88

@davillain-: Oh ok!!! thanks alot davillain ;) i appreciate your help, buddy.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#4 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@gamerpax88 said:

...escape from a country in conflict, your mission is to reach the border safely and get out of a country where conflict has broken out. It won't be easy to escape, armed commandos guarding the border so that no one escapes the country, different ways to escape with traps that you will have to avoid...

That sounds like a really good idea, actually.

We are in desperate need of more stealth games, and a game where you play (just brainstorming here) a refugee fleeing an oppressive government and genocide and you have to sneak around the country and eventually across a no-man's land would be really great.

With the recent A Plague Tale, it could even adopt some characteristics used in that game, most notably a lack of focus on combat, and more emphasis on evasion and distraction.

I think if it was tastefully done, it would be well received, too. It's definitely a bit murky because of all the wars and refugees and oppressed people in the world, but This War of Mine dealt in a similar theme and was well-received, I don't see why a similar themed game about escape and evasion could not be.

gamerpax88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamerpax88

That's it! Dude!!!

Those were the words I needed to motivate me to make this video game. To the next ones that answer this post and they don't like the idea: I'm open to other plots :) the more plots we have the better.

Right now I'm modeling the scenario, as far as graphics go, it's going to make it incredibly real. I plan to use the Unreal engine 4 graphic engine, I've been practicing for years the photorealism theme and I can say that my game won't look 100% photoreal, but in a 60% maybe it will. And the gameplay, it's going to be great.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask you guys if there is anyone interested in giving their voice to the characters in the video game?

many thanks for the answers pal!!! You rock!!!!!!