If GTA 4 Looked Like This.....

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

znoop2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 znoop2006
Member since 2005 • 375 Posts
http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tdunx1.jpg     Damn if GTA 4 will look at least like this i will be extremly happy it's an ingame screenshot from TDU...
Pete5506

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 Pete5506
Member since 2006 • 10112 Posts
That would be cool
ehdinello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ehdinello
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts
Although I really enjoy the GTA series, the cartoony graphics should be upgraded to next gen material for the upcoming GTA. So yes, the graphics in that pic would be awesome for GTA 4!!
Domingo1093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Domingo1093
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts
Wow ! That s great graphics ! Can t wait to play GTA 4. However I fear it might need a monster machine to run it.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
I couldn't care less about graphics in GTA - What matters is the size, openended gameplay and story.
Artosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Artosa
Member since 2005 • 5063 Posts
i hope the next GTA isnt in america
znoop2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 znoop2006
Well if it aint in america,i hoppe it aint in London either..... :))
ajc_176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ajc_176
Member since 2003 • 2595 Posts
Yea, Id like to see a different location, or even a few cities, (sorta like the 3 island thing in GTA3) only it could be like an American, European and an Asian city 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 105506
Member since 2004 • 5285 Posts
latin america now
Amir_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Amir_1
Member since 2003 • 2372 Posts

That is not the graphic for GTA 4........... OMG....... there are numerous rumors going around but if anyone of them is real then it’s this one.

hellraiser6669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hellraiser6669
Member since 2006 • 727 Posts
GTA games would have looked alot better had they been developed for the PC first. All the previous GTA's (at least from GTA3 to San Andreas) I believe were developed based around the ps2 hardware and then ported to xbox and pc. Don't get me wrong I've seen the PS2 produce some decent graphics, but most games just look hideous.
Amir_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Amir_1
GTA games would have looked alot better had they been developed for the PC first. All the previous GTA's (at least from GTA3 to San Andreas) I believe were developed based around the ps2 hardware and then ported to xbox and pc. Don't get me wrong I've seen the PS2 produce some decent graphics, but most games just look hideous. hellraiser6669
now they're going with xbox360 and ps3? maybe? I think its ganna be Xbox360 first and then a year later... for PC and PS3...lol. same thing they did with san andreas only the role of sony and microsoft is reversed.
maccaaccam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 maccaaccam
Member since 2004 • 630 Posts
i want to see that trailer at the end of the month i hope i show the game accuratly so its not just creating hype.

how long did sanadreas take to get to pc cause i dont think i want to buy a ps3 just for this game.
EyeNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#14 EyeNixon
Member since 2004 • 1412 Posts

That is not the graphic for GTA 4........... OMG....... there are numerous rumors going around but if anyone of them is real then it’s this one.

Amir_1

Wow, someone had a field day with Microsoft paint and a bunch of map utilities online. Seriously, where did you find those and what game is that actually from?
znoop2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 znoop2006
Hahaha....Those pictures are from Saints Row....
maccaaccam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 maccaaccam
Member since 2004 • 630 Posts
,m l
mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
I hope its not in America or UK.
ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts
asian city will be cool
minou12234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 minou12234
Member since 2004 • 83 Posts
The graphics are awsome but even if gta 4 isnt as good I would still play it anaway its gta.
Avatar image for Jin_the_samurai
Jin_the_samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jin_the_samurai
Member since 2006 • 623 Posts
Why is this in the PC forum? GTA 4 hasn't been announced for PC yet  (Even though its implied but is usually released like 1-2 years later like the others) And to the screenshots above, isn't that Saint Row?
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
The graphics are awsome but even if gta 4 isnt as good I would still play it anaway its gta.minou12234
yeah, me too.
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts

now they're going with xbox360 and ps3? maybe? I think its ganna be Xbox360 first and then a year later... for PC and PS3...lol. same thing they did with san andreas only the role of sony and microsoft is reversed.Amir_1

That's weird. I thought they'd put it out on the PS3 first.

Anyways, I'm looking foward to the new graphics engine they'll use for GTA4. I never liked the one for the past three games. Honestly though, I'd be happy with another GTA game with PS2 graphics on the PC as long as it's good.

TryDaBeardON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 TryDaBeardON
Member since 2004 • 642 Posts
Why is this in the PC forum? GTA 4 hasn't been announced for PC yet (Even though its implied but is usually released like 1-2 years later like the others)Jin_the_samurai

Which is really lame. I don't understand it. I could sort of accept this dumbness before, when it was an "exclusive" ps2 title, but now that you're developing it for multi-console, why not release it on PC at the same time? I mean what's the point? You are already MAKING it on PC's. This is rhetorical, of course. There's no answer. I love Rockstar to death, but this I will never understand. Where I come from they call it "idiotism."
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Herrick
Yeah, it would be cool for us if they released the next GTA for the PC when they do it for consoles. Maybe Rockstar had a deal with Sony to release the previous GTAs for the PS2 first.
TryDaBeardON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TryDaBeardON
Yeah, it would be cool for us if they released the next GTA for the PC when they do it for consoles. Maybe Rockstar had a deal with Sony to release the previous GTAs for the PS2 first. Herrick

They DID have a deal with Sony. That's exactly the point. There's no deal anymore, but they still won't release the PC version at the same time.
tomekgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tomekgt
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
GTA4 would be funny if it was set in taht funny gangsta theme in this AUstralian show called 'Pizza" with the lebo's and wogs. Even if this only was a small part of the game, itd make it very funny IMO>
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

YAY for GTA 4 .

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Herrick

They DID have a deal with Sony. That's exactly the point. There's no deal anymore, but they still won't release the PC version at the same time.
TryDaBeardON

Why not?

sj420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 sj420
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

[QUOTE="TryDaBeardON"]

Herrick

Why not?

to counter the initial wave of piracy.  this alleviates some of the losses.

AngelB1ack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AngelB1ack
Member since 2005 • 7936 Posts
I have never played one single GTA game. I just dont know if they are worth it..
TryDaBeardON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TryDaBeardON
[QUOTE="Herrick"]

[QUOTE="TryDaBeardON"]

sj420

Why not?

to counter the initial wave of piracy. this alleviates some of the losses.

There are plenty of games in development for multiple consoles, INCLUDING PC. Then there are games being developed for PC only. You think no one is concerned with piracy aside from Rockstar? No, I'm not buying it. I think they just want to get paid twice for the same game when it comes out on PC. I've paid twice for San Andreas, for example, but I won't be doing it again.
ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts
[QUOTE="Herrick"]

[QUOTE="TryDaBeardON"]

sj420

Why not?

Um....console games get pirated just as much as PC games do...
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tdunx1.jpg     Damn if GTA 4 will look at least like this i will be extremly happy it's an ingame screenshot from TDU...znoop2006
it's picture of Driver 3 - isn't it? when GTA will look at least like Mafia it'll take to the GTA series to get to GTA 10 - lol , can't believe it how much money they're making and still won't buy new graphic engine or build new one - god damn at least use the Max Payne 2 graphic engine for new GTA - Max Payne 2 looks bit better than Mafia - but now we have better computers so don't know what's the problem to make/use new graphic engine for GTA series
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Herrick

sj420

I think this would be the case if a gamer owns both a PC and a console. They may go ahead and buy it for the console 'cause they don't want to wait for the PC version. But are there enough gamers who own a PC and console to make that much of a difference?

There are plenty of games in development for multiple consoles, INCLUDING PC. Then there are games being developed for PC only. You think no one is concerned with piracy aside from Rockstar? No, I'm not buying it. I think they just want to get paid twice for the same game when it comes out on PC. I've paid twice for San Andreas, for example, but I won't be doing it again.
TryDaBeardON

He didn't say or imply that only Rockstar cares about pirating, but I know what your're saying. I bought San Andreas for the Xbox then got it again for the PC months later when I had a gaming PC. But I think those two versions were released at the same time. Can't remember.

Poshkidney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Poshkidney
Member since 2006 • 3803 Posts
thats saints row gtaIV will look different
znoop2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 znoop2006
Predatorules: That screenshot is from test drive unlimited.....Driver 3 has no graphic like that :)
GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts
Predatorules: That screenshot is from test drive unlimited.....Driver 3 has no graphic like that :)znoop2006
lol ok - i think Drive Unlimited have even better graphics than those in the screenshot
Amir_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Amir_1
They already said they'll use the Table Tennis engine for GTAIV

and,

[QUOTE="Amir_1"] now they're going with xbox360 and ps3? maybe? I think its ganna be Xbox360 first and then a year later... for PC and PS3...lol. same thing they did with san andreas only the role of sony and microsoft is reversed.Herrick

That's weird. I thought they'd put it out on the PS3 first.

Anyways, I'm looking foward to the new graphics engine they'll use for GTA4. I never liked the one for the past three games. Honestly though, I'd be happy with another GTA game with PS2 graphics on the PC as long as it's good.

Yeah wait my bad Xbox 360 and PS3 have same release dates.... it seems they only left out the PC? a big F-U to Rockstart.

pwnednooblet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 pwnednooblet
Member since 2006 • 171 Posts

Amir_1

Sorry to burst ur bubble but thats early develpment stage of saints row for the xbox 360 it has just been photoshopped and quite badlt mind u, look at the radar look how dodgy the edges are
Amir_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Amir_1
[QUOTE=Sorry to burst ur bubble but thats early develpment stage of saints row for the xbox 360 it has just been photoshopped and quite badlt mind u, look at the radar look how dodgy the edges are

Sorry to burst your bubbles, I know those are fake I mean't they're the closest fake that get to the real.
Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
I hope its not in America or UK.mark4091

Yer definetaly not the UK, don't get me wrong I am english and a strong patriot but these UK roads are to tiny for GTA forbidden>
Platearmor_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Platearmor_6
Member since 2004 • 2817 Posts
[QUOTE="mark4091"]I hope its not in America or UK.Platearmor_6

Yer definetaly not the UK, don't get me wrong I am english and a strong patriot but these UK roads are to tiny for GTA forbidden>

Did I just get modded?
george_hopkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 george_hopkins
Member since 2005 • 1397 Posts
http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tdunx1.jpg Damn if GTA 4 will look at least like this i will be extremly happy it's an ingame screenshot from TDU...znoop2006
Thats from Test Drive unlimited on xbox 360.
SHAZ101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SHAZ101
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts
All of the radars tell that the player is in the exact same spot and facing in the exact same direction. BTW, those are from Saints Row. Just wait a few weeks for the real trailer.
SHAZ101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SHAZ101
Member since 2005 • 877 Posts

http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tdunx1.jpg     Damn if GTA 4 will look at least like this i will be extremly happy it's an ingame screenshot from TDU...znoop2006

linkified

Avatar image for onlineterrorism
onlineterrorism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 onlineterrorism
Member since 2005 • 829 Posts
I have a feeling that GTA 4's graphics will be at the same level as Saint Rows, only difference being the story and environment.
sj420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sj420
[QUOTE="sj420"][QUOTE="Herrick"]

[QUOTE="TryDaBeardON"]

ElectricNZ

Why not?

Um....console games get pirated just as much as PC games do...

just as much as pc...  you don't actually believe that do you?  piracy is rampant everywhere, but pc games vs console games is no contest.

like i said, it does alleviate some of the initial (potential) losses and can be considered a countermeasure for piracy when a title is just released, especially for games with a lack of online multiplayer (key checking).  obviously, as a developer/publisher, you want to minimize your potential losses and maximize potential sales.  also consider that a franchise like gta has the power to sell consoles due to its immense popularity.

yes, the pc-only pirate will most likely wait until the game is released on pc and wouldn't have purchased it anyway.  however, when a game of this caliber comes out (mgs and halo franchises come to mind) and everybody and their mothers are playing it and raving about it, some of the pc-only pirates will consider purchasing the game and console - that potential sale is enough for some devs to minimize their losses and convert some pirates.  so why not delay the pc version (the easiest to pirate) just to increase their chances of selling one more copy?

releasing a pc version at the same time or even a month or two after the console release wouldn't change anything, but 9-12 months later effectively closes the door on pc pirates.  they will look for other ways to play the game, possibly through a purchase.  don't forget that a console is really measure to fight piracy to begin with.

a pc-only gamer (imo) is becoming more and more rare anyways.  who in here actually owns JUST a pc and not even one console?  when your friends are on the couch playing gta4, how long will you hold out on your $60?  gamers want to play good games, no matter what platform it's on, and usually in a timely manner.

the whole point is to minimize piracy, cuz eliminating it is impossible.

i could have touched on other aspects, but i know most people wouldn't read a long ass post.  sorry for getting off-topic.

sj420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sj420

TryDaBeardON

no one forced anyone to buy two copies of the same game - you obviously liked it enough to do so, why are you now mad at rockstar for your choices?  hell, i want to get paid twice for something i do!  don't you?

they just want to make sure that everyone who considered playing their game will eventually buy the game, in this case the pc hold-outs.  when the pc version is released a year later (and they've minimized the losses through intelligent business planning), they already made most of their money anyways, and it's more of a bonus at that point.

TryDaBeardON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TryDaBeardON

no one forced anyone to buy two copies of the same game - you obviously liked it enough to do so, why are you now mad at rockstar for your choices? hell, i want to get paid twice for something i do! don't you?

they just want to make sure that everyone who considered playing their game will eventually buy the game, in this case the pc hold-outs. when the pc version is released a year later (and they've minimized the losses through intelligent business planning), they already made most of their money anyways, and it's more of a bonus at that point.

sj420

You can kind of say they did force me, actually. I didn't buy it twice "because I liked it enough." As a fan of the franchise, knowing that the PC version is going to come a year or more later, I'm "forced" to buy the crappy PS2 version, be unsatisfied with it, then buy the PC version when it comes out in order to fully appreciate the game. Yes, I want to get paid twice for things I do. Do you want to be the guy to pay me twice for them?

And your long post about piracy prevention is still not convincing. If one was to assume losses from PC piracy, they will come no matter when you release the game. And they WON'T be significant enough to affect sales of the console versions. Again, there are a bunch of games out there being developed for PC and consoles at the same time. Companies that must have done some research as well. To imagine that Rockstar is smarter than everyone else is a good idea when it supports your argument, but after "hot coffee" -- I don't think so.