I was wondering if you guys could give me a few positives to becoming a PC gamer

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConnorRamsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ConnorRamsay
Member since 2011 • 68 Posts

I was wondering what the major and minor advantages are to becoming a PC gamer over an console gamer? I know quite a few, but any are appreciated! :)

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

I was wondering what the major and minor advantages are to becoming a PC gamer over an console gamer? I know quite a few, but any are appreciated! :)

ConnorRamsay
why do you ask? In the end it come down to this: On what system do your friends game? Is your computer made out of stone? What one do you want to play on? If you said consoles on the first one... Go for it. If you said yes... Well buy a new pc or stick to consoles... And then in the end its up to you.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 PublicNuisance
Member since 2009 • 4582 Posts

ConnorRamsay

mods, better graphics, mouse and keyboard support, gamepad support, racing wheel support (all three where consoles don't always have all of them), bigger levels, bigger multiplayer, more dedicated servers, cheaper games, more exclusives than any console out there (not combined of course but actually close). Want more ?

KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts

[QUOTE="ConnorRamsay"]

PublicNuisance

mods, better graphics, mouse and keyboard support, gamepad support, racing wheel support (all three where consoles don't always have all of them), bigger levels, bigger multiplayer, more dedicated servers, cheaper games, more exclusives than any console out there (not combined of course but actually close). Want more ?

What ^he meant is... Everything is better.

Dennislol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Dennislol123
Member since 2010 • 184 Posts

Well, for one, PC gamers are real gamers. People who play console are... well, let's just say that you're not a racerar driver just because you own a cheap car.

Other than that: the communities are better; you can tweak games (mods etc), you can browse while playing, games look better, run better, feel better. Controls wont give you suicide thoughts, games are cheaper (correct me if I am wrong), and, uh... many more reasons. Except for party gaming with Guitar Hero or Sing Star or whatever, console gaming is horrible. People who play games like BF and MW seriously on a console make me laugh.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PublicNuisance

[QUOTE="PublicNuisance"]

[QUOTE="ConnorRamsay"]

KalDurenik

What he meant is... Everything.

Pretty much lol. I just am in a humble mood not a combative mood so I was polite. I'm trying to work years of system wars fanboyism out of my system and be a more upstanding member of gamespot.

Dennislol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dennislol123

On what system do your friends game? .

Do you always conform to what your friends do?

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PublicNuisance

Do you always conform to what your friends do?Dennislol123

Especially true if you play mostly single player games and therefore won't be playing with your friends. That's my case so I could care less about what system my friends game on.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

It opens you up to the most unique library on any platform.. Being able to play games over 10 years old easily on the system that are classics.. The said classics and modern day games alike much of the time has a thriving mod community that can completely rework a game.. Classic games like Vampires The Masquerade Bloodlines which was released extremely buggy and down right broken in many areas has been revived by dedicated modders in fixing and renovating the game..

The reason why its the most unique is unlike consoles, the pc has no entrance fee for developers.. Meaning many experiments are tried out on the platform.. A great example of that is Torchlight.. The devs had no plans for a sequel and had no idea how the game was going to do when it was released it was a risk.. Thanks to how well the game did the devs are creating a bigger and better sequel..

The PC has the most variance in controllers, you can use anything and everything out there.. The PC is home to genres that don't exist or are poorly done on the console.. Those being MMO's.. RTS's.. TBS's.. Simulators.. And other such things..

Pc games tend to go down in price faster than console games, and thanks to services like Steam there is a costant stream of deals.. The greatest strength of the pc is it is a open platform that can have you do what ever you want in the end.. It is also the greatest weakness of the pc platform... Meaning pc games have more technical problems, more bugs and the like.. This sandbox basically has a niche for every one, where you will find dedicated gamers in small tight knit communities that play a certain type game that is nothing like anything else.. Such example is the X series, most recent with X3 Terran Conflict.. A space sim that allows building exploration, trading, etc etc.. By a European company that developes a high learning curve game that isn't exactly "popular" but due to its loyal small fanbase has been kept alive and thrived to which they are releasing a sequel soon.

The one thing I love about consoles though is local multiplayer.. Games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the X360 hold a special place in memory of the amount of fun I had with that game playing next to 1 to 3 other friends.

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PublicNuisance

The one thing I love about consoles though is local multiplayer.. Games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance for the X360 hold a special place in memory of the amount of fun I had with that game playing next to 1 to 3 other friends.

sSubZerOo

That's what I like about consoles as well. Getting drunk with buddies playing Perfect dark or Goldeneye is great fun. Sadly splitscreen is going the way of the dinosaur.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Well, for one, PC gamers are real gamers. People who play console are... well, let's just say that you're not a racerar driver just because you own a cheap car.

Other than that: the communities are better; you can tweak games (mods etc), you can browse while playing, games look better, run better, feel better. Controls wont give you suicide thoughts, games are cheaper (correct me if I am wrong), and, uh... many more reasons. Except for party gaming with Guitar Hero or Sing Star or whatever, console gaming is horrible. People who play games like BF and MW seriously on a console make me laugh.

Dennislol123

What a total amount of BS in one sentence. Just because you own a PC doesn't make you a more "real" gamer than someone who owns a console.

No, your sentences make ME laugh...

Dennislol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dennislol123

[QUOTE="Dennislol123"]

FelipeInside

What a total amount of BS in one sentence. Just because you own a PC doesn't make you a more "real" gamer than someone who owns a console.

I didn't say it has to do with the platform. My point was that console gamers are bad gamers, and it's funny when they take online games seriously because every PC gamer with Downs would kick their face in if they played vs. each other.

btw, where are all the console eSports events? oh, right... crap platform is crap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Dennislol123"]

Dennislol123

I didn't say it has to do with the platform. My point was that console gamers are bad gamers, and it's funny when they take online games seriously because every PC gamer with Downs would kick their face in if they played vs. each other.

btw, where are all the console eSports events? oh, right... crap platform is crap

If anything yoru statement is a poster child to the number one thing I hate about the pc base.. The elitist jackass attitude that I see rampant in games like League of Legends or WoW forums.. The fact of the matter is vast majority of games do not do it for esports, so why is it even brought up? Your exact mentality is what turns away new people from games and what makes people despise certain communities..

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Dennislol123"]

Dennislol123

Obviously you are a console hater, but that doesn't rule out the fact that there are great console games and gamers.

Yes, if you played against a console player using a KB/Mouse, you would win.... like DUHHHHH.

But I've seen friends play CoD or BC2 with a controller and it's amazing how good they are.

As for eSport events... there ARE. I've been to FIFA Tournaments (got my ass kicked) and the quality of gaming there is amazing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Dennislol123"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

FelipeInside

Obviously you are a console hater, but that doesn't rule out the fact that there are great console games and gamers.

Yes, if you played against a console player using a KB/Mouse, you would win.... like DUHHHHH.

But I've seen friends play CoD or BC2 with a controller and it's amazing how good they are.

As for eSport events... there ARE. I've been to FIFA Tournaments (got my ass kicked) and the quality of gaming there is amazing.

Don't forget the massive fighting game esport..

masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
Can't work and play games on console at the same time... or read my emails or watch youtoube (yet, it's been anounced for Xbox 360). Anyway, it's going to take ages to switch apps, when I can just alt-tab out of any games on pc or better, play windowed.
PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PublicNuisance

One thing I have heard console gamers say is that some of them are at their PC's all day at work and don't want to game on one when they get home. I get that but I guess to each their own. I fix computers for a living and still love gaming on my PC when I get home. I still love building my PC. I find it calming to install a motherboard.The other thing console gamers say is that consoles you just put the disc in and play. Well a PC gamer could open Steam and play just as easy.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

there are like 2824285432452645264582 threads about it, search is your friend

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

The main reason I love gaming on a PC is that I have a large amount of options.

Gladestone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gladestone1
Member since 2004 • 5695 Posts

This year is a very big year for pc games..Its a great year to becomea pc gamer..Games like stronghold, might and magic 6, skyrim on the pc looks 10 times better, you have dues ex will look great, rage is on the pc, we have star wars online, batman, sure some of these games are on the consoles but some are not either,,Games always look sharper, run smoother, its a great community..What more can one ask ???Oh and every two yrs or every year you can upgrade your pictures with a better video card depending on your budget also )

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PublicNuisance

This year is a very big year for pc games..Its a great year to becomea pc gamer..Games like stronghold, might and magic 6, skyrim on the pc looks 10 times better, you have dues ex will look great, rage is on the pc, we have star wars online, batman, sure some of these games are on the consoles but some are not either,,Games always look sharper, run smoother, its a great community..What more can one ask ???Oh and every two yrs or every year you can upgrade your pictures with a better video card depending on your budget also )

Gladestone1

The nice thing about the video card is you can but don't always have to. While I would love to upgrade my GPU for many reasons it still maxes out a lot of games. It's an almost 3 year old GTX 260. I don't have to upgrade I just want to.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="Gladestone1"]

PublicNuisance

The nice thing about the video card is you can but don't always have to. While I would love to upgrade my GPU for many reasons it still maxes out a lot of games. It's an almost 3 year old GTX 260. I don't have to upgrade I just want to.

Am I the only one that cares little about graphics now a days.. Everything looks great now a days.. Sure some look amazing and there were a few games that I marvel at when I see a certain scene.. But at the end of the day.. Those are never the reasons why people go back and play a game again or continue playing it.. The Pc community has such a two faced view on this.. On one hand when it comes to it we love saying we like having depth in our games, that we are all about the mods, replayability and what not.. But on the other hand we seem to be the first people crying about graphics being downgraded or bragging about graphics as the main draw..

PublicNuisance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PublicNuisance

Am I the only one that cares little about graphics now a days.. Everything looks great now a days.. Sure some look amazing and there were a few games that I marvel at when I see a certain scene.. But at the end of the day.. Those are never the reasons why people go back and play a game again or continue playing it.. The Pc community has such a two faced view on this.. On one hand when it comes to it we love saying we like having depth in our games, that we are all about the mods, replayability and what not.. But on the other hand we seem to be the first people crying about graphics being downgraded or bragging about graphics as the main draw..

sSubZerOo

Graphics can be a major plus in games but I place story and gameplay above graphics. On the other hand it can help with immersion to have a lifelike environment. Not everything looks great though. For instance Singularity looks like a 4 year old game in my eyes. And that 4 year old game isn't crysis lol.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="Dennislol123"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

sSubZerOo

If anything yoru statement is a poster child to the number one thing I hate about the pc base.. The elitist jackass attitude that I see rampant in games like League of Legends or WoW forums.. The fact of the matter is vast majority of games do not do it for esports, so why is it even brought up? Your exact mentality is what turns away new people from games and what makes people despise certain communities..

Yep. Ignorant comments like that give pc gamers a bad reputation. They ARE just video GAMES in the end. Whatever method you choose to have fun is what's right for you.

Skeptomania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Skeptomania
Member since 2004 • 8104 Posts

-Being able to play games, surf the internet, do homework, etc, etc all on one device instead of having a separate platform that's just for gaming.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

I got into pc gaming because i wanted to play the real deal rpgs, like Planescape, Baldurs Gate1/2, Fallout 1/2, IWD 1/2, Vampire:Bloodlines, Arcanum, Ultima 7, Wizardry 6-8, Temple of Elemental Evil, NWN 1/2, Betrayal at Krondor, D&D Gold Box games...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

PublicNuisance

Graphics can be a major plus in games but I place story and gameplay above graphics. On the other hand it can help with immersion to have a lifelike environment. Not everything looks great though. For instance Singularity looks like a 4 year old game in my eyes. And that 4 year old game isn't crysis lol.

Yeah but lets compare two games.. Terraria and Crysis.. One game thats 2d and 16bit looking.. And the other some still argue is the graphics king.. I am going back to Terraria and spending far more time then I ever did with Crysis.. Even though I enjoyed Crysis alot.. I just don't get why people orgasm over graphics so much when at the end of the day they are rarely ever the games you spend hundreds and hundreds of hours on.. Especially this gen where we are seeing reducing returns in graphics where the standard game now a days looks great.. If anything I think art style/direction is far more important then technical graphics in what is and isn't pleasing to the eyes..

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

1)Mods

2)Graphics

3)RTS

4)MMO

5)keyboard/mouse

toddx77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 toddx77
Member since 2008 • 3395 Posts

Another thing to add is that i feel closer to my games playing on pc. It must because Im sitting closer or because I feel in more control with the mouse and keyboard support but I have have more fun playing games on my pc. Also I can have my tv on while playing pc which is nice when playing some games. Not to mention if you have a gaming lap top you can bring your games with you.

As for the playing with friends thing I just use the console exlusives to play with friends online. Im not really into online play though, despite me liking MMO's I really enjoy a good single player compaign and prefer replay value to come in the form of things like mercenaries mode from RE, Challenge mode from arkham asylum, special ops from mw2, etc, compared to online multiplayer. Also keep in mind if you like to replay games longer and your friends dont then you mightnot want to get a certain game on a console. Back in 2009 I bought MW2 on 360 as well to play with my friend and his brother and thatreally only lasted for about 3 months before they only played every now and then.

kuasha786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 kuasha786
Member since 2004 • 302 Posts

ConnorRamsay
A lot lot & lot. Many already explained here why. So there is no need for me to describe further why PC is far superior than the consoles. The only advantage the consoles has it does not need to upgrade just like the PC time to time to play a game smoothly. I have a PC and all the consoles. Believe me I know that.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I game on PC because it does everything a console can do except it does it a lot better. It also does more things that consoles cant do. Apart from a few console exclusive games theres no reason to own a console. PC gets exclusive games that console only gamers cant play, and more of them too.

Geosisnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Geosisnl
Member since 2009 • 143 Posts

[QUOTE="ConnorRamsay"]

PublicNuisance

^ This + Much faster loading times usually. Oh and quicksave/quickload!

Kevz0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kevz0
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

[QUOTE="ConnorRamsay"]

PublicNuisance

The community is more mature, average player is better, old games still have people playing.
judahstarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 judahstarguy
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts

After you get used to mouse keyboard, then you'll realize just how clunky console controlers are. With pc gaming you get better versions of games (when the developer actually puts forth effort) better graphics, better controls, better deals. Many games I buy are discounted 50% or more.

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

Main things:

Better graphics - If your computer is good enough but any gaming PC is.

Better performance - Not only can the computer have better graphics, it also usually has a higher framerate and faster loading times.

Better controls - Mouse is way more accurate than thumbstick. Keyboard gives you more on demand access to every game function you need. Every game lets you change the hotkeys how you want them, so the controls always work best for you. You can still use Xbox controller if you like for most games.

Mods - If the developers didn't provide some option, you can probably find a mod that does it. This includes unofficial patchs by the fans that fix bugs long after the developer abandons it.

Multitasking - You always have an easy access web browser in the background. Even if the game doesn't support Alt+Tab you can use the Steam overlay browser.

More storage space - A typical computer has far more storage space than consoles do. On top of that, buying more storage for a PC you pay the base price, not some huge markup Microsoft are charging to cash in.

Backwards compatitibility - When you get a PC, you get access to pretty much every PC game ever released. Quite a few don't work on newer OS, but the popular old games either work automatically or fans have created patches to get them working. Also when you upgrade your PC to a new OS you can be sure all your old games will work for the most part.

Infinite possibilities - With a PC you get access to all the various free software online that do useful things. This covers more than games but if you just look at games, there are all manner of utilities. Such as a save game editor for Mass Effect 2 so you don't need to play through all of Mass Effect 1 to get a good endgame save. Also game file extractors so you can get the full soundtrack of all your games for free.

The only bad thing is if you like to sit on the couch it's more tedious to get that setup with a PC, but it can still be done. With PC it can always be done, just occasionally it might be a little harder.

ACEHERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ACEHERO
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts

http://www.pcgamingfan.com/

Nuff said

aL33TGaMeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aL33TGaMeR
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I have xbox, ps3 and PC and i only play on my PC, i guess it's just better i LOVE PC!
Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#38 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

- You have more control options: If you want to play with a keyboard and mouse, you can. If you want to play with a gamepad, you (usually can). If you want the game to look better, turn up the options, if you want it to run better, turn down the options.

- GTA 4 will run better than on consoles and you can shoot things easier with a mouse

- You can't play Tekken, Soul Calibur, Forza Motorsport, or Project Gotham Racing (oh wait...aww...)

- You can play Sins of a Solar Empire, TOTAL WAR, X3, The Sims 2 (+ expansions), Simcity 4, Guild Wars, Heroes of Might and Magic + King's Bounty, and Black and White (YAY!)

- You can post screenshots in the screenshots thread :)

sami117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sami117
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

[QUOTE="Dennislol123"]

FelipeInside

The second one is true...

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

Main things:

Better graphics - If your computer is good enough but any gaming PC is.

Better performance - Not only can the computer have better graphics, it also usually has a higher framerate and faster loading times.

Better controls - Mouse is way more accurate than thumbstick. Keyboard gives you more on demand access to every game function you need. Every game lets you change the hotkeys how you want them, so the controls always work best for you. You can still use Xbox controller if you like for most games.

Mods - If the developers didn't provide some option, you can probably find a mod that does it. This includes unofficial patchs by the fans that fix bugs long after the developer abandons it.

Multitasking - You always have an easy access web browser in the background. Even if the game doesn't support Alt+Tab you can use the Steam overlay browser.

More storage space - A typical computer has far more storage space than consoles do. On top of that, buying more storage for a PC you pay the base price, not some huge markup Microsoft are charging to cash in.

Backwards compatitibility - When you get a PC, you get access to pretty much every PC game ever released. Quite a few don't work on newer OS, but the popular old games either work automatically or fans have created patches to get them working. Also when you upgrade your PC to a new OS you can be sure all your old games will work for the most part.

Infinite possibilities - With a PC you get access to all the various free software online that do useful things. This covers more than games but if you just look at games, there are all manner of utilities. Such as a save game editor for Mass Effect 2 so you don't need to play through all of Mass Effect 1 to get a good endgame save. Also game file extractors so you can get the full soundtrack of all your games for free.

The only bad thing is if you like to sit on the couch it's more tedious to get that setup with a PC, but it can still be done. With PC it can always be done, just occasionally it might be a little harder.

James00715

I disagree with the last statement. Hooking up a PC to an HDTV is a snap now. My TV even has a VGA port that I could hook straight from the video card into the TV. However it also has HDMI and with a simple adaptor that came with my video card I can use an HDMI cable to hook straight to my TV. Combine that with a wireless keyboard and mouse and you can sit as far away as you want.

halo2_4_pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 halo2_4_pc
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts

Why PC Gaming is generally better:

1. Sharper Graphics Than Consoles - Assuming you have a properly put together $600 Desktop or $800 Laptop, you can easily play games at reasonable framerates and tend to look much better than their console counterparts.

2. Controls - A mouse is more accurate than a controller and a keyboard allows for more functionality since it has more buttons. You can also remap these keys to other buttons. If you are really desperate for a controller for Racing, Platformers, Indie, and (I know alot of people converting to PC do this and regret it, so I really don't recommend this) FPS games, you can buy a wired Xbox 360 controller and use that on a number of games. If you need to go wireless, you can also buy a wireless adapter and use a wireles 360 controller.

3. Mods - I don't mean hacking mods, but mods that add to a game. Think of it like free DLC made by the community.

4. Generally games are cheaper - Steam sales have made it so I rarely spend more than $15 on a game. Sure you pay more money for hardware, but don't forget a PC isn't just for gaming.

5. Free-to-play games - The PC has tons of games you never have to pay a dime for. My most played games are actually F2P games, namely Team Fortress 2 and League of Legends.

6. Dedicated Servers - Find servers with a low ping and you should experience minimal lag. People who are obnoxious on servers can also be kicked and banned by server admins. Plus you won't have to deal with tiny server annoyances (such as host migration). Most games have this, just don't expect it playing Call of Duty on PC.

7. (Generally) Better Communities - Many PC games tend to have much better communities than XBL or PSN, especially with Steam. Some games however tend to have less friendly communities, namely DoTA-inspired games like League of Legends or Heroes of Newerth.

deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="Dennislol123"]

Dennislol123

Are you kidding me, have you ever heard of MLG, COD and Halo are both supported. I am a die hard pc gamer, but your just sounding really stupid and making the pc gaming community look dumb. On top of MLG countless fighting games have huge tournaments and followings.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58453 Posts

Well, there are too many to list, so I will simply give you the very few negatives:

-you cannot sit next to your buddy and play coop (of course, coop on PC is far better as far as gameplay and enjoyment goes, just not as personal). Sitting with your friend and playing through Halo or Gears of War is pretty fun!

-you cant sit on your couch and relax and play on a bigaass TV...actually, with PCs you can, it just is not really all that practical. You need a wireless keyboard and mouse. Mostly, though, an office chair is still pretty comfy.

That is about the only advantage I can think of as far as consoles are concerned. Everything else is simply much better.

robertoenrique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 robertoenrique
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts
Its all about customization. I think its awesome that you can build your own "console" and watch in awe how cool your games run. On consoles everything is prepackaged.
limonman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 limonman32
Member since 2009 • 130 Posts

FourGames turned me into a Pc Gamer, Half Life, G-Mod, Minecraft, Half Life 2.

Don't try playing HL2 on Consoles, it's good, but not nearly as good as what it is on the PC.

MaskJackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 MaskJackal
Member since 2011 • 86 Posts

Apart from some of the elitist crap here, there's been a lot of good points made. The PC is the longest running 'system' out there, and it shows. There's a massive amount of things you can do with it, and the possibilities are near endless. Plus, you get like a million games all in one place, usually without having to switch discs. What's not to like? =)

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#47 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
To sum it up - control. The PC has all kinds of support utility programs, such as apps that allow you to set the GPU fan speed the way you want it.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I only converted for the chicks :D
kayoticdreamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kayoticdreamz
Member since 2010 • 3347 Posts
however i feel to enjoy the full breathe of games you need at least one console. also right now each of the consoles can be bought for 200 or less making it the cheaper option. also in the long run a console is cheaper as you never need to upgrade until the new console roles around but even then you can play on one console for 5-10 years. to get the most out of PC gaming you really need to upgrade to the latest and greatest every now and then. of course i do feel you should try and get the most and be able to max out your games to full enjoy PC gaming. also a good number of games never see PC. fighting games especially and number of FPS. and each console does get a number of excellent exclusives. also if your PC crashes you need to worry about save data backups which isnt quite as neccessary with the use of memory cards on consoles. also as mentioned couch multiplayer is something a PC is likely never going to achieve. not saying PC gaming is bad just saying consoles do have an advantage in some areas. the main reason i prefer consoles is one time buy. dont need to upgrade for a while. and dont have to worry about getting a game to run on X settings. though i do enjoy me a few good PC games now and then. colonization,civlization and worms are a few of my PC gaming guilty pleasures.
MaskJackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50 MaskJackal
Member since 2011 • 86 Posts

Note: You don't necessarily need to upgrade every year, that's only if you're a graphics junkie. It's very easy to get a somewhat decent PC and stick with it for as long or longer than a console's lifetime, if you don't particularly care about graphics.