I said that I was gonna do it... 1.1GHz 560 Ti

This topic is locked from further discussion.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
I finally got around to modding my 2GB 560 Ti. I installed an Apogee GT waterblock on the GPU, and added heatsinks to the VRM's, voltage controller, and VRAM. So now it's faster than a GTX 570, and has a good bit more VRAM as well :) Oh, and I'm actually benchmarking the VRAM at 4800MHz, not 5000MHz. I didn't turn it back down before the screenshots. And my GPU temp actually maxes out in the 40's. I didn't have my radiator fans on when I made the screenshots... EDIT: Also, I'm benchmarking at 1100/2200/4800MHz, but my 24/7 running speeds are 1000/2000/4500MHz at the moment (1.087v core)... TOP:: LOAD: IDLE:
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

I dont use afterburner, but there should be a voltage unlock thing like smartdoctor.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 superclocked

I dont use afterburner, but there should be a voltage unlock thing like smartdoctor.

GTR12
Ah, sweet :D Thanks! Maybe I can hit 1.2GHz? I doubt it, but I'll be happy with however much more I can squeeze out...
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Add another one of dose.
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

the card looks so weird and old without all the plastic casing.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16542 Posts

kungfool69

yah it looks cheap....and like it can pass for a single slot card.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 superclocked

GTR12
Smartdoctor looked for an Asus card on startup, but I did manage to find the newer GPU Tweak on Asus's website (it's listed for download under the GTX 580 section). I still can't go past 1.15v though =\ Does anyone know of a program that'll allow me to go higher than 1.15v?
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
I think you need to flash a new bios to do that.
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 superclocked

[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

blaznwiipspman1

yah it looks cheap....and like it can pass for a single slot card.

Palit used a small, custom PCB, but this card is much better than reference cards. It has 2GB of Samsung VRAM rated at 5000MHz, a 5-phase power design, and the original cooler is about equal to the Twin Frozr II when the fans on both cards are at 100%...
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 superclocked
I think you need to flash a new bios to do that.JigglyWiggly_
That's what I was thinking too.. Do you have any experience with binary and bioses? :)
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 superclocked
Add another one of dose.JigglyWiggly_
I was going to go SLI, but the single card matches my CPU perfectly, so I just decided to overclock the hell out of it instead and call it quits with upgrading this PC. But I am making some nice GPU waterblocks with the barbs on the side for my next build, so SLI will be no problem. I'm going to freeze my next CPU though...
middle-earth88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 middle-earth88
Member since 2006 • 1262 Posts

Impressive for a 560 Ti. The VRAM would probably come in handy at those power levels.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I think so too, I think Im using some old 580 bios(?) from last year to unlock the voltage too. Of course you got to dig around the right one according to your 560.

Yum, I like the way the card looks naked without the fat heatsink. I thought I had saw an old radeon card for a second until I notice the double bracket at the back. Ill warn you to not try to go world olympic ocing since you can easily blowout the chip itself even with water, someone already did this by pushing the thing to its bitter end with a budget card.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 superclocked

Impressive for a 560 Ti. The VRAM would probably come in handy at those power levels.

middle-earth88
Actually, I'm about to redo those photos right now. I tried 5000MHz, but it didn't work. I just didn't change the setting before the screenshot. I'm actually keeping the speed at 4800MHz, but that's still excellent for 2GB of VRAM...
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 superclocked

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]I think you need to flash a new bios to do that.Bikouchu35

I think so too, I think Im using some old 580 bios(?) from last year to unlock the voltage too. Of course you got to dig around the right one according to your 560.

Yum, I like the way the card looks naked without the fat heatsink. I thought I had saw an old radeon card for a second until I notice the double bracket at the back. Ill warn you to not try to go world olympic ocing since you can easily blowout the chip itself even with water, someone already did this by pushing the thing to its bitter end with a budget card.

I'll look into GTX 580 bioses asap :D Thanks for the tip! And I love the way it looks too :) I was going to cut a silver CPU heatsink for the VRM's, but I ended up cutting a black one to shape instead, so the colors would flow nicely around the card...
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I'll look into GTX 580 bioses asap :D Thanks for the tip! And I love the way it looks too :) I was going to cut a silver CPU heatsink for the VRM's, but I ended up cutting a black one to shape instead, so the colors would flow nicely around the card...superclocked

Lol, I meant to say do not do that. You have to look for the bios for specifically for 560 or else you will brick it. Also back up the bios you already have currently just incase it does fail.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 superclocked

Ill warn you to not try to go world olympic ocing since you can easily blowout the chip itself even with water, someone already did this by pushing the thing to its bitter end with a budget card.

Bikouchu35
I ran my 7900gt at 725MHz 24/7 for ages, which was better than people who won overclocking contests could achieve.. lol.. But yeah, it was 60 degrees outside last night, which is pretty cold for this area, so I'm going to go ahead and keep the card at 1000/2000/4400 for longevity purposes. I am giving this PC to my oldest son in a year afterall :)
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

I can't seem to change voltage on my 275. I tried ticking the boxes in afterburner. Does this mean there's no way for me to increase my gpu voltage?

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 superclocked

I can't seem to change voltage on my 275. I tried ticking the boxes in afterburner. Does this mean there's no way for me to increase my gpu voltage?

kraken2109
Use GPU-Z to save your bios to your desktop, and then use NiBiTor to edit the clock speeds and voltage at the bios level. If that doesn't work, you can always do a hardware voltmod...
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

kungfool69

I'll say. I was going to take the cover off my 560 Ti and compare it to my old (still in use with my oldest PC) GF4-Ti 4200. I guess the new cards don't look that much different without the plastic cladding.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

superclocked

Use GPU-Z to save your bios to your desktop, and then use NiBiTor to edit the clock speeds and voltage at the bios level. If that doesn't work, you can always do a hardware voltmod...

Any chance of some more detailed instructions? It's just this looks pretty scary and i don't wanna muck things up.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="kraken2109"]

kraken2109

Any chance of some more detailed instructions? It's just this looks pretty scary and i don't wanna muck things up.

Here ya go.. I learned from here. It's very thorough. Also, you'll need to run NiBiTor as an administrator. And I had to change my voltage through the Tools menu, not the voltages tab (which is what threw me off last night), but your bios may be a little different. I increased my voltage to 1.2v no prob, so hopefully it works for you too :)
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

your a maniac!!!

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 superclocked

your a maniac!!!

ionusX
lol, nah.. I just like getting my moneys' worth :) But I just used NiBiTor to change the max GPU voltage to 1.215v (from 1.15), so hopefully I'll be able to go even higher when I benchmark later tonight. I've got company on the way, otherwise I would try it right now. Oh, and if you think running my C2D at 4.7GHz, and running my 2GB 560 Ti at 1100/2200/4800 is insane, wait until you see what I do with my next PC... Oo
hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts

wonder? are you using the "new" 560TI or the old one? im wondering if the new one could get to GTX580 levels with the clocks you are hitting.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

[QUOTE="GTR12"]

superclocked

Smartdoctor looked for an Asus card on startup, but I did manage to find the newer GPU Tweak on Asus's website (it's listed for download under the GTX 580 section). I still can't go past 1.15v though =\ Does anyone know of a program that'll allow me to go higher than 1.15v?

Thats very odd, I have a Gigabyte GTX470 and it works fine with smartdoctor. It also lets me put a huge amount of volts (goes from 0.8 all the way to 1.8), even though you would fry the card even under LN.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 superclocked

[QUOTE="superclocked"][QUOTE="GTR12"]

GTR12

Thats very odd, I have a Gigabyte GTX470 and it works fine with smartdoctor. It also lets me put a huge amount of volts (goes from 0.8 all the way to 1.8), even though you would fry the card even under LN.

Hmm, Smartdoctor said that it didn't detect an Asus card and closed immediately. But my card was locked in the bios at 1.15v, so I really needed to figure out NiBiTor anyway...
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 superclocked

wonder? are you using the "new" 560TI or the old one? im wondering if the new one could get to GTX580 levels with the clocks you are hitting.

hofuldig
Well, I got one of the originals not long after they were released, but when it wouldn't stop crashing, I waited a few months to send it back. So I'm guessing that I got a new one, but I'm not sure really. It definitely overclocks better though. My first one wasn't even stable at stock speeds. I can't wait to see what speeds I can reach at 1.215v (thank you NiBiTor!)....
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 superclocked
Thanks again btw. It took 2 times to realize that the voltage tab wasn't where the voltage controls are for Fermi cards, but NiBiTor worked great. The Fermi voltage settings are under tools...
superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 superclocked

[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

jun_aka_pekto

I'll say. I was going to take the cover off my 560 Ti and compare it to my old (still in use with my oldest PC) GF4-Ti 4200. I guess the new cards don't look that much different without the plastic cladding.

Nice, the Ti-4200 was a great card.. And yeah, some of these 560 cards are tiny. My 2GB GTX560Ti is about the same size as my 512MB FX5600...
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

jun_aka_pekto

what case is that? thermal take eureka?