I have never played any Halo games...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

maximus_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 maximus_2
Member since 2004 • 6383 Posts

hello guys... I have never played Halo 1 nor 2... and not 3 is coming out... soon

and i was thinking to give it a shot and try it but do i have to or should play 1st 2 games.>>??

to understand whats going on in 3rd ??

or i can play just the 3rd one??

and dose this games have good SP story??

P.S Im not jokin.. i really have never played it..

kakishi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 kakishi1
Member since 2005 • 1065 Posts
U can play the 3rd game and have a blast most likely, but if ur interested in teh story line then id recommend u play 1&2 first. u have a few days before launch and it'll get u pritty pumped for the 3rd. oh and move this to the xbox 360 fourms
maximus_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 maximus_2

why>>???

I am a PC guy...

scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

Halo 3 isn't coming to the PC in a couple of years or so...

Halo 2 PC came out 3 years after the 360 version, I am assuming it will take about just as long for Halo 3 for PC to come out after the 360 version is released...

maximus_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 maximus_2

oh well...

I still have to finish Bioshock, Stalker, MoH Airborn, World in Conflict and much more games.. lol

_KwispY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 _KwispY
Member since 2005 • 549 Posts
dont worry man, halo is one of the most over rated games of all time. you wouldn't be missing anything by not playing them, and you wouldn't be gaining anything special by starting to play them. if you want a sub par storyline and a generic shooter experience than sure go ahead. if not, just stick with the games you already mentioned you have to beat....
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts

oh well...

I still have to finish Bioshock, Stalker, MoH Airborn, World in Conflict and much more games.. lol

maximus_2

That's cool, mang. Bioshock and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. are good games. I've only played the demo for Medal of Honor: Airborne. It was pretty cool so I'm sure I'll play the full game one day.

Hmm...about Halo: I'm not sure about the story. Not sure if you need to play the first two to get into the 3rd one. People say that Halo has a good story but I didn't think the story was that prevalent in the first game. It did not seem very story-driven. Maybe the 2nd one is different. I have not played this one yet. Anyways as the other dude said, Halo 3 probably won't come out for the PC for a while.

maximus_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 maximus_2
Ok thanks for giving me a clear pictureand explain everything :)
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Halo is a pretty subpar typical story.. I don't understand how people can some how claim its a epic story... Master Chief is the most generic character I have seen all the time.. A cloned super soldier, with no real history, experimental armor, says little to nothing, can kill thousands of guys in a endless wave with no help, and saves the galaxy/planet.. Man sure havn't heard that one before :roll:
N0d0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 N0d0
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

I can't judge Halo 3 yet, but it'll probably be just like the other 2. If that's the case, you're not missing out. Gamespot said it well themselves with the first game: Compared to all the PC games out there, Halo is just an average shooter.

I'd say the games are worth a rent, though.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

Halo is a pretty subpar typical story.. I don't understand how people can some how claim its a epic story... Master Chief is the most generic character I have seen all the time.. A cloned super soldier, with no real history, experimental armor, says little to nothing, can kill thousands of guys in a endless wave with no help, and saves the galaxy/planet.. Man sure havn't heard that one before :roll:sSubZerOo

I just got my hands on Halo 3 and wow.The music, sound effects and cut scenes made me think it was going to be an epic story. I got that from playing it for 5 minutes.

TC I have played Halo 1 and 2 and I don't know what the story is but then again I never bother with those things. A lot of people play Halo 1 online so try the demo.

Citan76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Citan76
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
No you need to play the first games before that one. It's essential to fully enjoy what is fully going on in the plot I'm sure. I've only beaten the first one so if I decide to play 3 I'll play 2 before I do it. My suggestion would be to at least gamefly or borrow someone's copy of halo 1 and halo 2, beat those and then if you are still interested get 3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"] Halo is a pretty subpar typical story.. I don't understand how people can some how claim its a epic story... Master Chief is the most generic character I have seen all the time.. A cloned super soldier, with no real history, experimental armor, says little to nothing, can kill thousands of guys in a endless wave with no help, and saves the galaxy/planet.. Man sure havn't heard that one before :roll:Deihmos

I just got my hands on Halo 3 and wow.The music, sound effects and cut scenes made me think it was going to be an epic story. I got that from playing it for 5 minutes.

TC I have played Halo 1 and 2 and I don't know what the story is but then again I never bother with those things. A lot of people play Halo 1 online so try the demo.

Yeah I am not saying its a bad game, but it sickens me that people harp constantly that the game has one of the best stories of all time.. Also presentation does not equate to story... If that was true then Half-Life one should be considered a epic story.. And it most certainly is not..

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
If you truly havent played it, then your mind is yet uncorrupted by the sickeningly overrated mediocrity that is halo.
maximus_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 maximus_2

If you truly havent played it, then your mind is yet uncorrupted by the sickeningly overrated mediocrity that is halo. raven_squad

lol I truly havnt played it :)

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

If you truly havent played it, then your mind is yet uncorrupted by the sickeningly overrated mediocrity that is halo. raven_squad

are you seeing anyone right now? because, you know... we would be great together

thewilyranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 thewilyranger
Member since 2004 • 319 Posts

dont worry man, halo is one of the most over rated games of all time. you wouldn't be missing anything by not playing them, and you wouldn't be gaining anything special by starting to play them. if you want a sub par storyline and a generic shooter experience than sure go ahead. if not, just stick with the games you already mentioned you have to beat...._KwispY

I agree with you the game is nothing special there is nothing really that stands out about the game, the story in my opinion is something that would be featured on MST3K, and the controls are bad, point is don't get it, its not worth it stick with the games you already have.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 raven_squad

[QUOTE="raven_squad"]If you truly havent played it, then your mind is yet uncorrupted by the sickeningly overrated mediocrity that is halo. mfsa

are you seeing anyone right now? because, you know... we would be great together

:lol:

ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts
You're not missing anything, Halo isn't even half as good as people say it is.
maximus_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 maximus_2
why so much hypo around this game then... ?
I like for game to have a goood story but if its a anyther "rambo" type game... ill pass..
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 raven_squad

I like for game to have a goood story but if its a anyther "rambo" type game... ill pass..
maximus_2

Immature people like to "PwNz n00bs LOlz" in the multiplayer, and its kinda like microsofts little hand in the door of the gaming software realm. everybody likes to kiss microsofts a$$

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-59d151f079814
The only thing remotely entertaining I have seen about it, is 4 person co-op mode in single player.. Infact thats really the only reason I am going to play it at a friends house at release night.
bmaisey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bmaisey
Member since 2004 • 324 Posts

I have to ask one question... how good to people say halo is? because i have not seen anyone in ages say that halo is good. Most people just say its overrated.

Theyre right, but not in the way they think. Many people (read : xbox fanboys) think that the halo series is the greatest series known to man. Theyre wrong, of course, hence its overrated. But then, most games are these days. In fact, i cant remember getting one in the last couple of years that wasnt. Halo isnt nearly as bad as these pc elitists say. Theyre jumping on the bandwagon, its popular at the moment.

To the guy who started the thread - dont listen to these snobs. Try the halo games, if you like the look of them. They arent revolutionary in story or graphics(although they do a decent job of both). They have 'generic' gameplay, if you consider that its simple and doesnt add any gimmicks to make it interesting - it doesnt need to. Halo 1 and 2 are among the most enjoyable games ive ever played, single player and multiplayer. Best games ever? Hardly. Great games? Definitely yes.

Btw, to the rest of the people in this thread - im as much a pc gamer as any of you (pc is my main gaming platform, with a little psp on the side). I just dont restrict my boundaries, and i recognise a good game when i see it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-59d151f079814

I have to ask one question... how good to people say halo is? because i have not seen anyone in ages say that halo is good. Most people just say its overrated.

Theyre right, but not in the way they think. Many people (read : xbox fanboys) think that the halo series is the greatest series known to man. Theyre wrong, of course, hence its overrated. But then, most games are these days. In fact, i cant remember getting one in the last couple of years that wasnt. Halo isnt nearly as bad as these pc elitists say. Theyre jumping on the bandwagon, its popular at the moment.

To the guy who started the thread - dont listen to these snobs. Try the halo games, if you like the look of them. They arent revolutionary in story or graphics(although they do a decent job of both). They have 'generic' gameplay, if you consider that its simple and doesnt add any gimmicks to make it interesting - it doesnt need to. Halo 1 and 2 are among the most enjoyable games ive ever played, single player and multiplayer. Best games ever? Hardly. Great games? Definitely yes.

Btw, to the rest of the people in this thread - im as much a pc gamer as any of you (pc is my main gaming platform, with a little psp on the side). I just dont restrict my boundaries, and i recognise a good game when i see it.

bmaisey

.. Restrict your boundaries? The majority of people here gave reasons why the game is in fact medicore.. I have played both games too and I disagree.. You sound like your the only person here who has played the game...:roll:

maximus_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 maximus_2

[QUOTE="maximus_2"]why so much hypo around this game then... ?
raven_squad

Immature people like to "PwNz n00bs LOlz" in the multiplayer, and its kinda like microsofts little hand in the door of the gaming software realm. everybody likes to kiss microsofts a$$

haha... I'll drink to that :)

Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts

I own Halo 1 for PC and tried to beat it twice, it was by no means horrible but it just did not grip me

-Hate tha aiming, it just dosen't feel right, especially the assault rifle with its big ass circular recticle.

-Copy & Paste desing, especially in theindoor areas, I didn't have a good sense of direction in the game and got Ilost, it also makes the gameplay boring

-You see what the game has to offer in the first few minutes, yeah later on you get to fight the flood, but they blow.

-Weird AI, I am facing three elites and hide behind the corner for a break. They sent one pointman whom I procede to easilydestroy, unlike in Half-Life where the marines would charge atleast in groups of two.

There are more but you see my point, I wouldn't play it for the story either, unless you are ten years old.

doktron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 doktron
Member since 2003 • 263 Posts
If you like to follow a game storythen I suggest that u play both Halo 1 & 2 before 3.Halo actually has a decent SF story and Halo 1 sets the stage for the other 2 games.As far as gameplay goes Halo 1 is superior to halo2, and if i were to choose 1 game before Halo3 it would be Halo1.
crimson_axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 crimson_axe
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

An honest response about Halo...

Halo was originally scheduled to be a PC game. After consideration, Microsoft bought the rights and released it for the XBox because it was sufferring in sales as a result of poor games. Halo came along and more or less changed all of that. Because of that one simple game, the XBox still stands.

Now, what makes Halo so special? Nothing. It offers nothing to the First Person Shooter Genre that hasn't been done before.... on a PC. Before Halo, the best FPS around, and probably the most popular, was Goldeneye on the N64. Think of Halo as "that next big FPS that people can play when they spend the night at each others house". It was popular with the college folk because again, it filled that role. It was easy to play, and very accessible. All you needed was one XBox and at least 2 controllers.

I'll be the first to admit that Halo was much more fun to play on an XBox than it was a PC. Why? because of the Co-Op. Co-Op is a powerful thing in a game, that for some reason, the PC market still can't or won't do. The only Multiplayer function you ever get out of a PC game is some sort of competitive game that is only related to the single player campaign by the fact that it uses the same models and engine.

I remember the first time I played Halo. I was in EB games and it was on display. I grabbed a controller, and then a few moments later, some Security Guard I didn't even know came up and grabbed the second. He and I stood there for about two hours just playing the game. Within thirty minutes, we were calling otu tactics to one another. "I'm out of ammo. Nade those goons. He's going around the corner. Use your new gun! We're almost there..." Put plainly, it was a good time, especially when we got in those jeeps. I would drive, and he would blast those aliens on the turrets.

That being said, I would like to reitterate that on a PC, Halo doesn't even offer Co-Op, and given this, there it doesn't have much to offer. Medal of Honor: Airborne offers a better experience than Halo 2 does, and they both have the same amount of gameplay in them. Granted, MoH:A doesn't have any sort of storyline that could be considered different than any other WWII shooter, but Halo is in the same boat as far as Sci-Fi shooters are concerned.

My advice - if you don't have an X360, and you don't have a friend or two to play Halo 3 with... don't bother with the franchise... especially if you haven't played the first two.

crimson_axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 crimson_axe
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

Oh yeah, and one more thing...

Halo 3 is not one of those games that's going to make you go otu and buy an X360 if you haven't already been playing them. mass Effect on the other hand is one of those exclusive titles that you'll want to buy an X360 for. i'm thinking very seriously about it, but there are too many games coming out this fall/winter season that I can't ignore.

If you want a great FPS and you're looking to plop down about $500 for an X360 and all the stuff you need for it just to play Halo 3.... just upgrade your Graphics Card and get Crysis instead. :)

maximus_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 maximus_2

Halo 3 is not one of those games that's going to make you go otu and buy an X360 if you haven't already been playing them. mass Effect on the other hand is one of those exclusive titles that you'll want to buy an X360 for. i'm thinking very seriously about it, but there are too many games coming out this fall/winter season that I can't ignore.

If you want a great FPS and you're looking to plop down about $500 for an X360 and all the stuff you need for it just to play Halo 3.... just upgrade your Graphics Card and get Crysis instead. :)

crimson_axe

Im getting Crysis as soon as it hits the sheals..

there is no doubt about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a_C_x_i_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 a_C_x_i_S
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts
The Co-op is nice but what really separates halo from other games is it's easy pick-up and go multiplayer. There's no health pickups, no extremely overpowered weapons and it supports dozens of people. If you dont have x-box live or any other friends with the game it's only worth a rent. But what keeps people coming back is it's multiplayer with it's many options and dynamic maps. If you're a loner and a storyline buff halo is not for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59d151f079814

crimson_axe

Well to be fair, I am pretty certain Mass effect will come later on to the PC (Like all bioware titles).. And it will be better arguably in many ways if they take the time to make a good port.

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts

maximus_2

There's a lot of hype behind the game 'cause the series is very big on the Xbox. The first two games sold very well and got great reviews. Halo is like a mascot for the Xbox, even though it's not an exclusive series.

maximus_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 maximus_2
yeah... and Bill is getting richer and richer lol