Hype is missing or is it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12809 Posts

I'm currently out of hype for PC games (not that I game on a console) except for No Man's Sky

Not sure if it's too much work / study / social life that taken my hype or that there aren't as many good games I'm excited about.

I wouldn't actually say I'm hyped about any game except for No Man's Sky - which it's current course is kind of unknown at this point, I'm interested in playing Doom 4, Mad Max and the new NFS but I'm sure isn't hyped about.

Fallout 4 - I will be hyped if the rumor that there will be unofficial co-op mod will be true.

Mafia 3 - another game that I will probably play, I loved original game and the 2nd one wasn't bad.

Dreadnought - looks promising at it's state, I hope it'll be as good as it shows.

Overwatch - will be great for sure since I love TF2 but I'm afraid it won't last long for me just because I've already spent much time on TF2.

I was hyped about The Division but I heard it's not as they've presented it.

What's your hype list?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

I don't get hyped for games these days. I just hope they aren't broken on release. I know, it's sad. :(

I understand where you are coming from though. There aren't many innovative and different games to get excited about. Most games are by the numbers and follow a certain formula to minimize risk. Games like Star Citizen certainly have a lot of potential, but I worry about the execution. I do think that the quality of games (when they are not broken) is high, but it is just more of the same. The industry has become stale in terms of game design and not many risks are being taken. It is just like the movie industry with all the super hero movies. Sure, these movies are good, but it is just more of the same. Huge successes lead to stagnation. The annual CODs and Ass Creeds are hurting the industry and holding back progression. Ultimately, the people are to blame. If people keep eating up the same shit, they will keep pumping it out.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

I'm currently out of hype for PC games (not that I game on a console) except for No Man's Sky

Not sure if it's too much work / study / social life that taken my hype or that there aren't as many good games I'm excited about.

I wouldn't actually say I'm hyped about any game except for No Man's Sky - which it's current course is kind of unknown at this point, I'm interested in playing Doom 4, Mad Max and the new NFS but I'm sure isn't hyped about.

Fallout 4 - I will be hyped if the rumor that there will be unofficial co-op mod will be true.

Dreadnought - looks promising at it's state, I hope it'll be as good as it shows.

Overwatch - will be great for sure since I love TF2 but I'm afraid it won't last long for me just because I've already spent much time on TF2.

I was hyped about The Division but I heard it's not as they've presented it.

What's your hype list?

I'm still hyped about The Division, don't know what you mean that they presented it differently.

Also MGS5 and Mad Max around the corner.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Fallout 4 and Doom for sure!

But I can't for the life of me see the appeal in no mans sky. Looks like nothing more than a random, weird place generator with little or no actual gameplay or purpose.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I think the same about the hype. Only game I have pre ordered is Fall out 4 for PC. Just about to order classic Broken sword shadow of the Templers. Had it for PS1 and got re-mastered version which is crap so going to buy original and have broken sword series marathon from 1 to 5.

I think that games these days are that broken has something to do with it too and most games are a lot like QTE or go to one end of the map and back again if its open world.

Also looking forward to The Vanishing of Ethan Carter UE4 edition. Also I think there is a new flight sim in the works.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#6  Edited By illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

My hype is usually more shortsighted, as in, I only get excited once it's close to release date, even then, I may not even get the said game at launch. MGSV is one im completely hyped for at the moment and I'd say that's rare. In general, I try not to hype myself too much, at all but I still end up enjoying a game once I end up playing them.

Other than that I'm looking forward to:

XCOM 2
Anno 2205
Mirrors Edge: Catalyst
Endless Space 2
Stellaris
Dark Souls 3
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Mount & Blade 2
Indivisible
Cuphead
Pit People

The rest are just wait and see.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

I'm short on "mega-hype" too, but i'm looking forward to these;

Dark Souls 3

XCOM 2

...aaand... i guess that's it. FFXV for PS4 is one too. i guess Fallout 4 will be nice, but i'm not sure why i can't get hyped about it, even that i've loved Fallouts since the first one. Maybe it's because it looks too much like Fallout 3.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

looking forward to playing these games

• resident evil 0
  • final fantasy xiii-2
  • black ops 3
  • asssassins creed syndicate
  • gears of war judgement
  • mafia 3
  • fallout 4
  • doom 4
  • deus ex mankind divided
  • rise of the tomb raider
  • mirrors edge catalyst
  • Shenmue 3
  • cyberpunk 2077
  • final fantasy vii remake

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Things I'm eagerly awaiting:

- local coop for Victor Vran

- Mount & Blade 2

- Kf 2 (is in EA but I want it finished. Also hyped for the incoming update which will have 2 classes, maps and Nvidia Flex physics technology to bring the gore up to a new level)

- DayZ (also in EA but also I want finished)

- Arkham Knight PC update (jesus christ this took a long time)

Things I'll probably play but not excited for:

- MGS V

- Mad Max

And finally, cautiously waiting for Battlefront and Rainbow Six Siege. It's difficult to hype these releases because Ubisoft and DICE are a little unreliable.

I'd say M&B2 is probably the game I'm waiting for most of all. The developers of M&B are some of the most talented game developers ever (Taleworld was originally just a dev team consisting of a husband and wife in Turkey before Warband). They've managed to combine RPG elements, sandbox gameplay, simulation elements, and amazing combat all into one experience. I have no doubt that with the success of M&B and Warband on Steam, they have the resources to pump out a truly epic open-ended sandbox action RPG.

I think there are a lot of interesting games in development but the majority of them aren't releasing soon. I don't mind it if there aren't a ton of PC games dropping, it gives me more time and money to focus on upgrading the rig.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GeryGo  Moderator

@urbangamez said:

looking forward to playing these games

• resident evil 0
  • final fantasy xiii-2
  • black ops 3
  • asssassins creed syndicate
  • gears of war judgement
  • mafia 3
  • fallout 4
  • doom 4
  • deus ex mankind divided
  • rise of the tomb raider
  • mirrors edge catalyst
  • Shenmue 3
  • cyberpunk 2077
  • final fantasy vii remake

Mafia 3 is another game that I will probably play, I loved original game and the 2nd one wasn't bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Cautiously looking forward to Blood Bowl 2 and Mad Max. Rainbow Six Siege will be alright, but not nearly as good as it could have been. Same goes for The Division. The only PC games I'm really looking forward to are Total War: Warhammer, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, Dreadnought(based on playing it at least 10 times at PAX East), Fallout 4 and Overwatch.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

for now i m waiting for act of aggression and Metal Gear 5 , but i don't know about fallout , My most favorite genre is RPG , but i never got into fallout games i don't know why .. but you never know i may play the fourth one . :)

and sadly yes @BassMan: i know what are you saying ... ... . now its not good thing to pre order anything or even gets your hopes up .... we live in a world that is not that perfect anymore or maybe we got to level that's nothing normal well do the trick, i don't know .

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I'm genuinely "hyped" for these games:

Trackmania Turbo (or whatever they are calling the new one)

Rising Storm 2

KF2 updates

Fallout 4 - even though I didn't hype or enjoy Skyrim that much, for some reason I'm feeling really optimistic about this one.

Total Warhammer

SOMA

Games I'm looking forward to but not exactly hyped for:

Mad Max

Xcom 2

The Division

Just Cause 3

Dark Souls 3

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

To get hyped about video games you 1- need to be a kid. 2- put your social life into a box. Otherwise the hype isn't real anymore.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

It happens a lot to me that I'm really hyped for some game and when it comes out I'm like "meh". Right now I'm only really hyped for Fallout 4. If it's anything like 3 (and why wouldn't it be) I'll be playing it for a long time.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@silversix_ said:

To get hyped about video games you 1- need to be a kid. 2- put your social life into a box. Otherwise the hype isn't real anymore.

I think it depends how much you like to depend on other people for your entertainment :p Personally I find myself looking forward to personal time with games when I'm out socializing. It's nice to hang out with friends and have a girlfriend, but really there's no good reason you can't also enjoy games (unless you're not the master of your domain and let other people run your life lol).

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FelipeInside

@silversix_ said:

Huh? What kind of nonsense is that?

You can get hyped for anything coming up. A date, meeting with friends, video games, a sports event, a concert etc.

It's got nothing to do with age.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

- Deus Ex MD

- Total War Warhammer

- Fallout 4

- Elite Horizons

- Star Citizen

that's my hype box

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@FelipeInside said:
@silversix_ said:

You can get hyped for anything coming up. A date, meeting with friends, video games, a sports event, a concert etc.

i wouldn't agree with that. lots of things have to do with age. Not only because you're older, but because you have significantly more responsibilities which keep you occupied and make you forget about gaming, especially hyping stuff.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

I'm hoping Bethesda does a better job with Fallout 4 than they did with Fallout 3. Still looking forward to ti though.

Definitely looking forward to the new Deus Ex too. Just Cause 3 is also no my radar.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

The new xcom2 looks promising.

But after the lesson I learned from the first, I might be waiting for the complete edition :)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

@silversix_ said:
@FelipeInside said:
@silversix_ said:

i wouldn't agree with that. lots of things have to do with age. Not only because you're older, but because you have significantly more responsibilities which keep you occupied and make you forget about gaming, especially hyping stuff.

Just because you're older and have more responsibilities doesn't mean you can't get excited about an upcoming game.

If so then why even bother gaming if you don't look forward to anything?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GeryGo  Moderator

@silversix_ said:
@FelipeInside said:
@silversix_ said:

I agree here, It's good if I've got like 1-4 hours to play games these days.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:
@silversix_ said:
@FelipeInside said:
@silversix_ said:

Hours of gametime don't have anything to do with hype.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GeryGo  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:
@silversix_ said:
@FelipeInside said:
@silversix_ said:

It does, I barely game nowdays, so I lost my close connection to gaming.

While it doesn't as well - played Skyforge like in the old days till the sun rise with friends - so I've put social life aside for a while to make room for gaming :P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

While it doesn't as well - played Skyforge like in the old days till the sun rise with friends - so I've put social life aside for a while to make room for gaming :P

So just because you do something less it means you lose passion for it?

Sorry, but I'm not the same. I don't game anywhere as much as I used to, but that doesn't meant I still don't enjoy it when I do.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GeryGo  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

Sorry, but I'm not the same. I don't game anywhere as much as I used to, but that doesn't meant I still don't enjoy it when I do.

Didn't say I'll lost my passion, maybe it's just these dry times where I barely see something innovative and new.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

Didn't say I'll lost my passion, maybe it's just these dry times where I barely see something innovative and new.

A game doesn't (shouldn't) have to do something innovative and new to be good.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

Disagree about the shouldn't part, too many copy paste titles these days - easy money making is nice but sadly I hate it as a consumer.

You can't just copy paste a game and expect it to be as good as the original one.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:
@FelipeInside said:
@PredatorRules said:

Disagree about the shouldn't part, too many copy paste titles these days - easy money making is nice but sadly I hate it as a consumer.

You can't just copy paste a game and expect it to be as good as the original one.

I'm not saying copy and paste, but a game can do things other games did before it and do them better and still be good.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

also

• dishonored 2
  • homefront revolution
  • total warhammer

games that are current but I have not yet played witcher 3, cod aw, assassins creed unity and far cry 4

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

Excluding multiplat.

• Rising Storm 2
  • Toxikk
  • Unreal Tournament 4
  • Xcom

MonkeyDot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MonkeyDot
Member since 2015 • 106 Posts

Hype is worthless man. If you expect bad things, you either get what you expected or you're impressed, you're never disappointed.

dwispa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dwispa
Member since 2014 • 199 Posts

Hyped about Stellaris; the new 4x sciifi strategy game by Paradox Interactive, I bought Europa Universalis 4 and Total War 2 but can't see to get into those games. I'm hoping its the genre that prevents me and Stellaris will fix it!

But yeah, MGS V and Fallout 4 are hypeworthy. Too bad I have no time to play :(

dwispa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dwispa

btw, I don't get the hype surrounding No Man Sky. It's single player mode only. It's going to get insanely repetitive doing the same stuff over and over again.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GeryGo  Moderator

@dwispa said:

btw, I don't get the hype surrounding No Man Sky. It's single player mode only. It's going to get insanely repetitive doing the same stuff over and over again.

What? no it's not - it's built for online from the ground...

dwispa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dwispa

@PredatorRules: Eh? It's multiplayer?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GeryGo  Moderator

@dwispa said:

Pretty much =)

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Also I think its when you get older things come less exciting and you no what to expect :P.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#40 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Excited for mad max, its downloading on steam now

Also very excited for fallout 4 and Soma

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127513 Posts

Dark Souls 3... Uncharted 4... Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Though Dark Souls 3 and Uncharted I sorta know what to expect. Kingdom Come Deliverance I got no idea. It just looks really cool.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#42 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I don't get hyped for games these days much but there are still games that manage to do that for me. Shadow Warrior 2 and Squadron 42/Star Citizen are those games. I'm also pretty excited for Starcraft 2: Legacy of the void, Overwatch, Total Warhammer etc. There are some games that are going to make me crazy when announced; Warcraft 4, World in Conflict 2, Half Life 3, Relic's new IP, Freespace 3, No One Lives Forever 3 etc. But don't think that's going to happen anytime soon (may be Relic's new IP but not other ones).

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

Witcher 3 DLC

CS GO source 2 maybe

Recore may come to pc

That's about all I can think of for pc.

For gaming in general for me:

Pokken

Pokemon super mystery dungeon

Zelda triforce heroes

Zelda u

whyteknight222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By whyteknight222
Member since 2008 • 109 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@dwispa said:

Pretty much =)

Nope

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GeryGo  Moderator

@whyteknight222 said:
@PredatorRules said:
@dwispa said:

Pretty much =)

Nope

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-mans-sky-will-have-traditional-multiplayer-but-/1100-6420982/

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Gets hyped from game that is months or years away. Reluctant to spend $60 on new when it does come. Hype dies down when it becomes affordable. Eh vicious cycle.

I'm hyped about pokemon go, pokken even though I dont have ninty consoles, and ff7 remake. I feel kind of dead on the inside thinking about games now, its just harder to get into and get excited about.

whyteknight222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 whyteknight222
Member since 2008 • 109 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@whyteknight222 said:
@PredatorRules said:
@dwispa said:

Pretty much =)

Nope

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/no-mans-sky-will-have-traditional-multiplayer-but-/1100-6420982/

Thanks for the link.

"Not at Launch".

"Eventually".

"that is not what's core to the game right now."

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator

@whyteknight222 said:
@PredatorRules said:
@whyteknight222 said:
@PredatorRules said:
@dwispa said:

Pretty much =)

Nope

Thanks for the link.

"Not at Launch".

"Eventually".

"that is not what's core to the game right now."

You need to understand the direction of the game is still unclear it's still in development, like saying Star Citizen will eventually do something but not at launch