How's Roller Coaster Tycoon 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

Despite the massive backlog of games i have to finish. I just recently got the urge to re-install rollercoaster tycoon i don't know what about that game i love so much. It got me to thinking though i never played 2 or 3 and since 3 is dirt cheap these days I was wondering if it's worth picking up?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I was pleasantly surprised with 3. It's literally a 3D verson of what you're used to. There is a bit more depth and complexity, but overall it's exactly what you would expect it to be.

scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

Yeah, RCT3 is great, I highly recommend the expansion packs (well... at least the Soaked! expansion, Wild! wasn't so good) though, so get the platinum edition if you can find it.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Its a solid game i like RCT 1 and 2 better though. Soaked is amazing as an expansion wild is pretty dumb

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

I was pleasantly surprised with 3. It's literally a 3D verson of what you're used to. There is a bit more depth and complexity, but overall it's exactly what you would expect it to be.

Wasdie
i agree with this. i thought that the addition of 3D gave the game an added level of complexity to the game but its warmly welcome as its done pretty well. other than that, its exactly what you would expect it to be ;)
Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

An excellent game and goes on sale alot. They don't seem to make them that detailed anymore. This game is designed for casual or for the hardcore players that want to change every detail.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts
Wonderful game, can't recommend it enough. Go for it.
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

I loved that game. All I would do was the sandbox mode making very detailed parks.

Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Vlaimir_Lem86
Member since 2006 • 439 Posts

Despite the massive backlog of games i have to finish. I just recently got the urge to re-install rollercoaster tycoon i don't know what about that game i love so much. It got me to thinking though i never played 2 or 3 and since 3 is dirt cheap these days I was wondering if it's worth picking up?

SaintJimmmy
Its def worth the bargain bin price... if you enjoy the first as much as you say. RTC 3 is, i never messed with the second.