How do you beat Very Hard AI - Protoss?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

I'm able to beat the Terran and Zerg, but when it comes to Protoss, I always lose. Any pointers?

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Cannon barricade and then void rays or dark templars?

not_wanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 not_wanted
Member since 2008 • 1990 Posts

Quite easy if they don't rush you. After the first attack you just build up a strong defense then wait until you get your army maxed.

mightymonkey1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 mightymonkey1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

it depends on what race you play. there's no surefire tactic just different strats.

i play zerg and i will usually roach rush or early expo after scouting. keeping toss from teching is important, as colossi/templars + anything can be pretty tough to bring down as zerg.

crazytank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crazytank
Member since 2005 • 251 Posts

fastest way to do that would be using 4 gate rush

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Call in an airstrike, and pop green smoke on the roof of the building to prove you are combat effective.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 percech

I only play as Terran, btw.

EDIT: I just tried again and lost again. I can show you the replay and you guys can give me pointers. My macro is really mediocre.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bikouchu35

Call in an airstrike, and pop green smoke on the roof of the building to prove you are combat effective. JigglyWiggly_

Airstrike? Forget that, call in the attack dogs!

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

EDIT: I just tried again and lost again. I can show you the replay and you guys can give me pointers. My macro is really mediocre.

percech
What's wrong with your macro? Just keep producing scv's and orbital at 15 food, and don't miss a mule..
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 percech
[QUOTE="percech"]

Inconsistancy
What's wrong with your macro? Just keep producing scv's and orbital at 15 food, and don't miss a mule..

My expanding is the problem looking at the replay. I only seem to be expanding whenever I see the minerals dying out. I'm also too afraid to expand at that point because the Protoss AI keeps on sending a big army all around the map. My army always fights it off when they attack my base but I never remake the army fast enough to attack them. When the AI is on the 3rd expansion, I'm just barely making my second.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="percech"]

percech

My expanding is the problem looking at the replay. I only seem to be expanding whenever I see the minerals dying out. I'm also too afraid to expand at that point because the Protoss AI keeps on sending a big army all around the map. My army always fights it off when they attack my base but I never remake the army fast enough to attack them. When the AI is on the 3rd expansion, I'm just barely making my second.

I don't play Terran, but here's some stuff that might help you, if you already do this then I guess I'm useless, meh, Zerg FTW. Hotkey your stuff too. 4 for Comm. Center, 5 barracks, 6 factory, 7 starport... so while you're in combat, select your army with 1, 2 or 3 (make groups for units with different roles: e.g.: 1 for Marines/Marauders, 2 Medivacs, 3 Ghosts for EMP) and issue orders, then select a building and make some units. Don't queue them up, cause that's just a waste of resources. If all your buildings are producing something and you have excessive minerals/gas, make more buildings or start building a comm center in your base. Once the comm center is done, grab 5 scvs, load them inside and hover to some safe spot on the map for a quick expo.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
You might get further advices on the StarCraft 2 board.
rapiergv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 rapiergv
Member since 2009 • 164 Posts

you should watch Day9's videos on blip.tv (or check out HuskyStarcraft, HDStarcraft, Artosis' youtube channels), also go check out the official starcraft 2 forums. you need practice and proper tactics.

PurpleHaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PurpleHaze89
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

The Extreme AI in SC2 is very easy to beat. Me and my Friend discovered smth which i'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

For example, the AI has an Army attacking your base which is 100% able to destroy you all you have to do is attack the base of the Computer and he will move back to his base with his whole army. So what i do is, i build Void Rays as fast as i can and once i have one Void Ray i place it behind the AIs base and keep producing Void Rays. Now once the AI attacks my Base i just attack his Base with the Void Ray and the AI will move back to his Base. Repeat untill you have a large number of Void Rays and just destroy his base in a matter of seconds.

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

you should watch Day9's videos on blip.tv (or check out HuskyStarcraft, HDStarcraft, Artosis' youtube channels), also go check out the official starcraft 2 forums. you need practice and proper tactics.

rapiergv
I wouldn't reccomend Husky for game advice, he's a good game announcer but I would go with Day9 or Artosis for learning how to play the game.
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 percech
[QUOTE="trastamad03"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Inconsistancy"] What's wrong with your macro? Just keep producing scv's and orbital at 15 food, and don't miss a mule..

I don't play Terran, but here's some stuff that might help you, if you already do this then I guess I'm useless, meh, Zerg FTW. Hotkey your stuff too. 4 for Comm. Center, 5 barracks, 6 factory, 7 starport... so while you're in combat, select your army with 1, 2 or 3 (make groups for units with different roles: e.g.: 1 for Marines/Marauders, 2 Medivacs, 3 Ghosts for EMP) and issue orders, then select a building and make some units. Don't queue them up, cause that's just a waste of resources. If all your buildings are producing something and you have excessive minerals/gas, make more buildings or start building a comm center in your base. Once the comm center is done, grab 5 scvs, load them inside and hover to some safe spot on the map for a quick expo.

I do hotkeys but I'm fairly new at it so in a lot of cases it has made me worse, but when I get used to it I know it's a much more efficient way of playing. It's funny, learning the way people play this game has turned it into a chore, but I wanna keep coming back to see if I can get better at it. I'm learning everything at the same time so that's why everything feels so confusing and hard to get used to.
Avatar image for GameJunkie13901
GameJunkie13901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GameJunkie13901
Member since 2011 • 208 Posts

marauders, thors, tanks own on toss

pretty good combo to check out

and dont forget some rines for anti-air

Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Build up an mmm army (maybe with some siege tanks), use maurauders slow for micro if necessary. After First Attack you need to expand and after that just keep building your army, keep your macro up and counter him after 2. or 3. attack.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bikouchu35

Go play with a terran mate, ask him to go tanks, and you go for cannon barricade. That should keep their mob army in check, and by that time you should have void rays to cake walk onto their base.

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

If you have good macro, you can hold it off no problem. Just build 3 Barracks, 2 with Tech Lab and 1 with Reactor. Get Stimpacks and Concussive Shells as soon as possible. Then, spend all money on SCVs, Marines, and Marauders. At the same time you need an SCV constantly building Supply Depots. Supply Depot is 8 Supply in 30 seconds and you areusing upabout 8 Supply every 30 seconds. You should have around 55 supply worth of units at 7:00 minutes, which is around when the CPU attacks. Position your units at the ramp up to your base, preferably where they can take a few potshots before the enemy makes it up the ramp. You can usually take out 30-50% of their army before they can even fire back. They will usually retreat. Now stop building army units and build a Command Center. Also build Factory and then Starport with Reactor plus more 3 Barracks. By the time the CPU attacks again youshould have around 100 supply plus an expansion going. That's big enough you can defend easily the next attack they throw. At this point it's your choice to attack right then and finish them off (while they don't have many units) or wait until you max out at 200/200. Either way you have the game won.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 percech
Ok, I beat them. Very easily at that. My problem was that whenever they would attack me first with their big army I would usually win the attack with still sizable army. Instead of me attacking them right away, I just felt that I needed to rebuild. This time though, I just attacked right away since not much damage could be done to me anyway if they kill off my small army.