Help with Street Fighter 4 controller settings

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dj_amil3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dj_amil3
Member since 2004 • 147 Posts
Hi there.. Im having an issue with the controller settings found on the launcher.. it seems it cannot save the configuration that i set, and keeps reverting back to default each time.. i must say that im using a cheap sh*tt* brand gamepad, but it does recognise in vista (64) and worked on all other games i tried.. ive only tried sf4 it at my friends place (i dont own it,wanted to try first), who uses a keyboard, problem is, when getting in 2 player mode, and press start is needed, the game does not recognise the gamepads start button (tried other buttons too).. did any1 get this problem? im starting to think maybe he didnt own a legit copy :( though i didnt ask im not sure if i do get the game now if it has many issues like this
sandeep410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sandeep410
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts
I am using same exact cheap sh*tt* brand gamepad that ur using,k now to get 2p started u have to go settings and then put 1p as keyboard and press enter.Then on versus mode ur 2p will be gamepad and start button is R2 button and L2 button on gamepad.I suggest u buy a new gamepad bec this1 totally sucks.
dj_amil3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dj_amil3
thanks for the reply.. but i already tried that.. the controller settings stay on start = 8 .. so its makes r1 (on that pad) the start button... tried keyboard as 1p still , set controls in game for 2player on the gamepad.. still does not work.. no response at all when in the 'press start bla bla..' at least ur gamepad is les sh*tty than mine (mines only got a weird symbol as brand lol, no name to look for on the netz) ill try getting the logiteck rumblepad 2 soon.. any1 try that one with success?
faysal_ha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 faysal_ha
Member since 2008 • 417 Posts

try this man :

x = 4

y= 1

a = 3

b = 2

LT= 5

LB= 7

RT= 6

RB= 8

select= 9

start= 10

and by the way when you conect the pad if its will be 1p by defult as the keyboard, you cant play in verses mode so here the solution ,try to exchange the usb port you are using and use the front ports cuz i have twoo gamepads and when i replace the ports yjey connected to they change from 1p to 2p and from 2p to 1p

dj_amil3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dj_amil3
thanks for the advice... ...buuuut my problem here is that when i configure the controller settings (the config u wrote is exactly wat i need and wat i tried x9000 times before) the settings keep reverting back to the defautl config i.e start button is mapped on 8...etc .. i cannot change it from here, it always resets :( i even tried to locate any configuration .ini files, but it seems that those i found were already set correctly.. feel my pain now? lol but please keep up the good advice, ill be waiting thanks
ViciousXUSMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ViciousXUSMC
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Grr same problem here, I built my own arcade controls and it used to use an i-pac, a keyboard encoder but because SF4 does not let you have keyboard buttons for the 2nd player I had to totally re-do my setup with a new encoder. I used 2x Chtulhu MC boards and now my arcade controles show up as gamepads in windows. Start button for me is Button 10, no matter what I do my controles wont save when I configure them and no matter what button I push when it says "press start for 2nd player" none of them work, I tried every single button!

I have spent more money on my controls to make them work for the game than I did the game itself! Capcom your game team needs to fix the SF4 control options fast!

Azuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Azuki
Member since 2004 • 1096 Posts

If you have a ps3 your ps3 controller will work on any pc now if you download the drivers.

dj_amil3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dj_amil3
sorry m8, its comforting to know im not the only one out there with that problem :P any1 use the logitech rumblepad 2 successfully as 2p in sf4 with p1 on keyboard?
dj_amil3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dj_amil3
bump still need info on ppl whove used the logitech rumblepad 2 with this game.. whether they got issues or not thanks
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 DeadManRollin
Member since 2003 • 4406 Posts
if you can find the controller .ini file, you can make it manually "read only" and try playing the game.
dj_amil3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dj_amil3
if you can find the controller .ini file, you can make it manually "read only" and try playing the game. DeadManRollin
tried that, though im still not sure i got the right ini file.. have u tried that with success or were u just thinking it up? coz that was the first thing i tried lol mapped every ini file with controller settings in sf4 i could find (program files, app data etc) but the dAMN thing still resets to default logitech anyone??
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DeadManRollin
[QUOTE="DeadManRollin"]if you can find the controller .ini file, you can make it manually "read only" and try playing the game. dj_amil3
tried that, though im still not sure i got the right ini file.. have u tried that with success or were u just thinking it up? coz that was the first thing i tried lol mapped every ini file with controller settings in sf4 i could find (program files, app data etc) but the dAMN thing still resets to default logitech anyone??

Sorry man, I just guessed that on the basis of my "little" computing know how :) I am using an xbox360 gamepad, which is awesome for the game. Maybe you can try updating directX/gamepad driver?
dj_amil3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dj_amil3
thats cool.. my gamepad is so sh*tty it only got a logo as brand.. no text lol, so cant find the drivers and doubt they exist anyway thats y i wanted to have feedback about the logitech, since the rumblepad 2 is my 1st choice.. so i know if theres any issue with them, i might go for an x360 gamepad instead
DeadManRollin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DeadManRollin
You should get a new one....logitech pads should be fine, as they are a reputed manufacturer. However, i'd suggest the xbox360 as most games for windows games will auto-detect the pad and do a convenient default configuration.
dj_amil3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dj_amil3
well im definitely getting a new one.. but i prefer the rumblepad over the xbox360 one.. tats y id like some feedback.. if its negative ill heed ur advice and get the xbox one eventually
eak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 eak47
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

hello man

iam facing a serious problem here

i have connected to controllers

and street fighter 4 is always automatically quits itself when the title screens come

plz help me i have all the requirements to play this game

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#17 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

It's annoying when people type on a forum the way they would a text message to the girl they fancy sitting accross the classroom.

kcaJoC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kcaJoC
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

If you have a ps3 your ps3 controller will work on any pc now if you download the drivers.

Azuki
omfg! i had no idea! cheers! thx m8! wonder if it'll work on fallout3. my girl is hooked on that game!
pilouuuu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 pilouuuu2004
Member since 2004 • 1075 Posts

It's annoying when people type on a forum the way they would a text message to the girl they fancy sitting accross the classroom.

-Unreal-
I agree.