Help me decide on a MMO to play.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoraPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SoraPR
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Hi guys I am just looking for a MMO to play but there are so many @_@ is crazy. I am into everything from Space to Fantasy I just want a Good MMO I can pay and say OMG I didn't lose my money because this is a great game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

any MMO's youve allready playied?

My votes go out to:

Guild Wars 2 (is smaller then most MMOs, but there is no monthly sub)

LOTR:O If you have a craving for Tolkin it is fairly competent.

Star Wars: The Old Republic, likely the most finely polished game on the list, a bonus if you like Star Wars, a Con if you do not.

World of Warcraft: The gold standard so to speak.

The Secret World: more story and puzzle driven then most MMOs making it fairly Unique, based in a very different setting, but still has the standard gameplay elements (for its loss).

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I would say

WoW, Star Wars the Old Republic, Wildstar....I also liked Elder Scrolls online.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Why dont you tell us more of what you want in an mmo?

A setting alone wont do much good. What kind of gameplay do you want.

World Interaction: Sandbox/Themepark
Combat Style: Action/Turn Based/Hotkey
Goal: Endgame raiding/PvP/Politics/Economy
Focus: Story/Combat/Social Interaction
Grouping: Solo Friendly/Group Oriented
Housing: Yes/No
Character Differentiation: Class Based/Skill Based
Genre: FPS/RPG/Strategy

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

Well, I'm not a big MMO player, but my favorites are The Elder Scrolls Online, Star Wars: The Old Republic and DC Universe Online. Also, it seems to me if there is a sub option for a free to play game it's typically worth it to sub.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

World of tanks

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Why dont you tell us more of what you want in an mmo?

A setting alone wont do much good. What kind of gameplay do you want.

World Interaction: Sandbox/Themepark

Combat Style: Action/Turn Based/Hotkey

Goal: Endgame raiding/PvP/Politics/Economy

Focus: Story/Combat/Social Interaction

Grouping: Solo Friendly/Group Oriented

Housing: Yes/No

Character Differentiation: Class Based/Skill Based

Genre: FPS/RPG/Strategy

This.

Also, what's your habits with MMORPGs and other games? Are you know to stick with a game for years, do you casually play, etc. This and the above questions are important. Today there isn't really a "wrong" MMORPG you can play. You have tons of options.

SoraPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SoraPR

I want a MMO that I can build my own House and go on quest or have a good PVP :-).

I play Elder Scroll Online but only the BETA , STARWARS Old Republic and Eve Online.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@SoraPR said:

I want a MMO that I can build my own House and go on quest or have a good PVP :-).

I play Elder Scroll Online but only the BETA , STARWARS Old Republic and Eve Online.

MMOs where you can quest, PvP and own a house include: EverQuest 2, RIFT, Lord of the Rings: Online, WildStar, RuneScape, Star Wars Galaxies (check out SWG Emu), Ultima Online, however, none of them have any particulary good PvP (anymore). Of these, I would argue that WildStar has the best PvP of the bunch.

Edit: Keep in mind that outside of SWG and Ultima Online, the rest of these games have instanced housing.

Edit 2: Upcoming MMOs with housing will include EverQuest Next, ArcheAge (both available in beta/alpha if you fork out a lot of cash) and The Repopulation. All these games will have non instanced housing. and while I dont know what SOEs vision truly is with EQN, I know that ArcheAge and The Repopulation will have questing and MEANINGFUL open world PvP as well.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@SoraPR said:

sounds like archeage might be good for you

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NeoGen85

@lawlessx said:

@SoraPR said:

sounds like archeage might be good for you

I agree with this. Also, some might say Wildstar. While the PvP isn't bad, Archeage player vs player combat is in a league of it's own.

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NeoGen85

@BSC14 said:

I would say

WoW, Star Wars the Old Republic, Wildstar....I also liked Elder Scrolls online.

Dude. I started playing ESO again. I enjoyed it at launch but once I got into those VR levels I just felt like there was a lot of unnecessary grinding for endgame content. My friends jumped ship for Wildstar accept for one. I played that for a bit but I wasn't into the questing, plus I was absolutely pissed off how it ran on my AMD system. Most of my dislike for the questing was due to the grind I had already experienced in ESO. And while the humor is funny in Wildstar, I wasn't really immersived in what I was doing. But I did have some awesome PvE experiences with my pals.

I bought Archeage. The game is awesome; but I'm waiting for the launch since I couldn't play it with friends and I didn't want to ruin the mystery. I resubscribed to ESO and they changed the difficulty for the VR levels which I greatly appreciate it. While the combat hasn't been drastically overhauled, it's still has changes to make it more tighter. In fact, Zenimax Online Studios has remained faithful to not only providing fixes and updates from player feedback, but also additional content. After seeing the Quakecon stuff for ESO, I have been playing nonstep. Finally we'll get to see the Imperial City, two new zones with both the Morag Tong and Dark Brotherhood, open-world PvP with the justice system, the Thieves Guild, spellcrafting(god knows I want an AoE CC like the DK's Dark Talon for my Templar tank), we'll finally get to visit Orsinuim, the Champion system, and so much more in the future. Plus there's another big update soon!

SoraPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SoraPR

Guys Thx a lot for all your REPLY. I am going to try Archerage it look fun and maybe in the future I try ESO again thx a lot guys!!!!!!!!!!!

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

You might like Tera. You'll probably get along with the players as they type a lot like you.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

ArcheAge or that new Everquest Next I think are the only games worth looking at. They appear to have more freedom like old school SWG, unlike all these stupid WoW clones.

OutOfPoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OutOfPoint
Member since 2010 • 155 Posts

Guild Wars 2, for it's fun, non-traditional mmorpg's combat.