Hellgate: London Returns

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#1 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

and it's all patched up. Source:http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177647

Flagship Studios is long gone, but part of its legacy remains. The ill-fatedHellgate: Londonis alive and kicking in Korea, and HanbitSoft has plans to bring it back west as well.

HanbitSoft has finally acquired the full rights from Namco Bandai, paving the way for its return to North America. Namco Bandai previously held the western publishing rights, which hampered HanbitSoft's plans for a relaunch.

"We would like to thank Namco Bandai Games America for allowing us to acquire the Hellgate publishing rights and are thrilled to have eager gamers worldwide return and enjoy the franchise," said HanbitSoft CEO Kee-Young Kim.

"Hellgate: Resurrection is heading towards success in Korea such that we decided to push ahead with launching the game overseas next year. We will do our best to get the game to the fans as soon as possible."

Returning players will find that Hellgate has changed quite a bit since 2008. The game has received extensive upgrades, relaunching as Hellgate: Resurrection in Korea. As is typical for that region, Hellgate: Resurrection is free to play, and Hanbitsoft says that membership is "rapidly increasing."

HanbitSoft plans to begin by rolling the franchise out in China, Taiwan and Southeast Asia later this year, then relaunch in North America, Europe and Japan. Expect to see it again soon.

Gryphon700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 Gryphon700
Member since 2003 • 150 Posts

Cool I liked Hellgate. I might give this a try.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58331 Posts

yea I heard about this earlier. Cannot wait! I wish I had my copy right now just so I could do singleplayer lol

artistry_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 artistry_
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

chalk me up as a fan of Hellgate .. would love to get access to the new Korean version 'Hellgate: Tokyo' I believe

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

chalk me up as a fan of Hellgate .. would love to get access to the new Korean version 'Hellgate: Tokyo' I believe

artistry_

Ahem..Korea's capital city is Seoul, not Tokyo...Koreans are generally rather hostile towards anything regarding Japan.

Ugh, Hellgate again :roll:

The "first one" was a huge disappointment. I hope this doesn't turn out to be utter crap like it :|

skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts

i play hellgate london and i like it alot. there is a subscription fee for this game though, it is not free.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="artistry_"]

Mograine

Ahem..Korea's capital city is Seoul, not Tokyo...Koreans are generally rather hostile towards anything regarding Japan.

Ugh, Hellgate again :roll:

The "first one" was a huge disappointment. I hope this doesn't turn out to be utter crap like it :|

and yet the article says theyre making an expansion called Hellgate: Tokyo.

and as for Hellgate: Resurection, it is identical to the same game we bought here. It was just relicensed, patched, and now being played online in Korea (and soon the US!).

Im sorry you did not like it, though. I can understand why, it was rather mindless. Thats the reason I like it, though; sometimes you just feel like slicing your way through thousands of demons and zombies without really thinking. Its relaxing :P

krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

This is great news! I just got the HL Collector's Edition about six months ago (for $15 brand new on amazon no less) after playing through it originally right after launch. I never tried out the online though (I am generally a SP-type player, especially with RPGs, and I despise MMOs) but if it's relaunched -especially if it's free to play- I'll certainly give it another go.

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

and as for Hellgate: Resurection, it is identical to the same game we bought here. It was just relicensed, patched, and now being played online in Korea (and soon the US!).

Im sorry you did not like it, though. I can understand why, it was rather mindless. Thats the reason I like it, though; sometimes you just feel like slicing your way through thousands of demons and zombies without really thinking. Its relaxing :P

mrbojangles25

Awww, I failed because of TLDRing. I'm surprised they really decided to use Tokyo :O

Its elements were simply put together without any kind of organism, and it was WAY too repetitive. It may be fun to slash away everything, but I'd rather play Diablo 2 if I wanted that. Not a generic sci-fi themed ripoff with completely screwed up mechanics.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Mograine

Awww, I failed because of TLDRing. I'm surprised they really decided to use Tokyo :O

Its elements were simply put together without any kind of organism, and it was WAY too repetitive. It may be fun to slash away everything, but I'd rather play Diablo 2 if I wanted that. Not a generic sci-fi themed ripoff with completely screwed up mechanics.

yea I am too. Seems most asian countries dislike Japan, especially China and Korea.

then again, theyre problably going to blow the crap out of Tokyo and turn it into a warzone. I'd take pleasure in that if I didnt like Japan lol.

longtonguecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 longtonguecat
Member since 2008 • 2558 Posts

Is this a new retail version, or an update to the original?

artistry_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 artistry_
Member since 2004 • 488 Posts

update to the original .. with an expansion/off-shoot coming soon called Hellgate: Tokyo

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

Woot! I loved Helgate: London. I never had any problems with the game. I hope it is able to get a good number of people back online... Crap, I have to find my disk...

L1D3N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 L1D3N
Member since 2009 • 717 Posts

I'm too busy with other better games now... I was a lifetime subscriber.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

I never got around to playing that game mainly because of the sentiment of dissapointment amongst a fair number of people. If HanbitSoft can release a version that vastly improves upon the current version then i'll be all for it. Mind you though I shouldn't jump to conclusions yet about the original version since I haven't played it. How is Hellgate London in its current state? Do patches make it vastly better then what it was on release date?

CuDDKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CuDDKiDD
Member since 2004 • 4727 Posts

Here's a promo vid for Hellgate:Tokyo:

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2009-11-13/20091113030637844,1.shtml

and by the sound of it, when Hellgate:Resurrection launches here you might have to start all over. (Speculation on my part).

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Yup i posted it before, a new game: Hellgate tokyo!!
nightharvest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 nightharvest
Member since 2005 • 1782 Posts
I'm glad I purchased it for loose change about six months ago. it could be Ok. 8)
Michael-Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Michael-Smith
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
Seems most asian countries dislike Japan, especially China and Korea.mrbojangles25
There's reason's for that (ie: history). It's slowly changing, though. The younger generations find it easier to overlook history than the older generations, naturally.