This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 42316
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my families home theatre setup

We currently have the ps3, xbox360 and our tv box, that are all hooked up to the TV by an HDMI switcher that we got, its was a fairly cheap one, The problem is that every now and then the audio in the games/tv lags behind the video, sometimes its slight and other times its literally one or two seconds behind. this is really really annoying. I'm thinking that it might be the switcher but I'm not 100% sure......If it is then we'll have to get a new one from a more trusted brand, but I just wanna make sure that I'm not m,issing out on something instead of spending money for nothing

Has anyone ever had this problem before, if so how did you fix it....

Bozanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#2 Bozanimal
Member since 2003 • 2500 Posts

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my families home theatre setup

We currently have the ps3, xbox360 and our tv box, that are all hooked up to the TV by an HDMI switcher that we got, its was a fairly cheap one, The problem is that every now and then the audio in the games/tv lags behind the video, sometimes its slight and other times its literally one or two seconds behind. this is really really annoying. I'm thinking that it might be the switcher but I'm not 100% sure......If it is then we'll have to get a new one from a more trusted brand, but I just wanna make sure that I'm not m,issing out on something instead of spending money for nothing

Has anyone ever had this problem before, if so how did you fix it....

The next time you have audio lag, pause your media, unplug the source from the HDMI switcher and plug it directly into your television. If there is no audio lag then the problem is the switcher. If there is audio lag then the problem is the source. Repeat the process in reverse to confirm that the audio is lagging (meaning after you run it directly to the television, run it through the switcher again to try to reproduce the problem). Either way you can isolate the cause of the issue and determine which component needs to be replaced. Good luck! Boz