HD 2900XT vs 8800GTS/GTX

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

paabss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 paabss
Member since 2007 • 1001 Posts

imo!!! stop sayin and puttin some randoms lynks of " Nvidia will release the g9 series in 3 months from now" lol U guys need to understand hpw bussines work, at last 1 more year Nvidia will not release new cards, trusth me, They need to make some proffit of the 8800 series and drop the new ones, Nvidia will loose money if they put a new video card in the market rigth now, who will buy the 8800 series then when u have a more powerfull card? for just small diference of price, Also take note ATI barrely put its new card to the market, tehy will not Overfloding the market with so many video cards, Not alot of people buy espensive vidoe cards, so for invidia overfloding the market with espensive cards is not good at all.

If it doesnt come from Nvidia, tehn is not real!!!!

This reminds me of PS FANS AND XBOX360 puttin random lynks saying that CRYSIS will come to consoles, lol stop guys honestly!

Do u really think Invidia will put in the market another video card, when it 8800 series they r not even 1 year out in the market, lol

LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 LordEC911
Member since 2004 • 9972 Posts
imo!!! stop sayin and puttin some randoms lynks of " Nvidia will release the g9 series in 3 months from now" lol U guys need to understand hpw bussines work, at last 1 more year Nvidia will not release new cards, trusth me, They need to make some proffit of the 8800 series and drop the new ones, Nvidia will loose money if they put a new video card in the market rigth now, who will buy the 8800 series then when u have a more powerfull card? for just small diference of price, Also take note ATI barrely put its new card to the market, tehy will not Overfloding the market with so many video cards, Not alot of people buy espensive vidoe cards, so for invidia overfloding the market with espensive cards is not good at all.

Do u really think Invidia will put in the market another video card, when it 8800 series they r not even 1 year out in the market, lol paabss

Where do you think we are getting the information from? ATi?
Yes they will release a new series this year.
Please look at Nvidia's release history, it isn't that hard to figure out.
The 8800s have been on the market an extremely long time(for GPUs), they probably would have been refreshed this past summer, at the latest, if AMD had launched the expected R600xtx in Feb.

Shamino & Co. are not random links, nor is the BenchZone, who I have linked to his posts at XS BECAUSE he has actually SEEN/PLAYED with the G90. If he says it is coming out this Nov with 2.4ghz shader domains then I believe him because he is a very straightforward guy.

It actually seems like you have no idea how the GPU business works paabss...
The reason they would put a new series out this year is because they need to move forward with their technology and keep up with AMD. Plus when you shrink a GPU, not only do you get smaller dies(making it cheaper to make them) but also you get lower power consumption/heat meaning you can push the clock speeds higher and raise performance a bit.

They will need to AT LEAST launch the G92/G98 this Nov 12, since AMD is pushing the 2900pro/gt into the real midrage this Oct, with the 65/55nm refresh coming Dec/Jan. If AMD really did tweak the R680 like they supposedly planned on doing, adding mroe ROPs and TMUs, then the R680 will certainly be a competitor, though possibly not to the G90.
It definitely sounds like the G90 is coming out this Nov but Dec/Jan would also have a small possibility but it would throw Nvidia off their game, releasing the GPU at the same time as AMD.

How do they lose money if they bring out the G9^ this year?
G8* cards get a small price drop, if any at all, and then they are slowly phased out.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
[QUOTE="paabss"]imo!!! stop sayin and puttin some randoms lynks of " Nvidia will release the g9 series in 3 months from now" lol U guys need to understand hpw bussines work, at last 1 more year Nvidia will not release new cards, trusth me, They need to make some proffit of the 8800 series and drop the new ones, Nvidia will loose money if they put a new video card in the market rigth now, who will buy the 8800 series then when u have a more powerfull card? for just small diference of price, Also take note ATI barrely put its new card to the market, tehy will not Overfloding the market with so many video cards, Not alot of people buy espensive vidoe cards, so for invidia overfloding the market with espensive cards is not good at all.

Do u really think Invidia will put in the market another video card, when it 8800 series they r not even 1 year out in the market, lol LordEC911

Where do you think we are getting the information from? ATi?
Yes they will release a new series this year.
Please look at Nvidia's release history, it isn't that hard to figure out.
The 8800s have been on the market an extremely long time(for GPUs), they probably would have been refreshed this past summer, at the latest, if AMD had launched the expected R600xtx in Feb.

Shamino & Co. are not random links, nor is the BenchZone, who I have linked to his posts at XS BECAUSE he has actually SEEN/PLAYED with the G90. If he says it is coming out this Nov with 2.4ghz shader domains then I believe him because he is a very straightforward guy.

It actually seems like you have no idea how the GPU business works paabss...
The reason they would put a new series out this year is because they need to move forward with their technology and keep up with AMD. Plus when you shrink a GPU, not only do you get smaller dies(making it cheaper to make them) but also you get lower power consumption/heat meaning you can push the clock speeds higher and raise performance a bit.

They will need to AT LEAST launch the G92/G98 this Nov 12, since AMD is pushing the 2900pro/gt into the real midrage this Oct, with the 65/55nm refresh coming Dec/Jan. If AMD really did tweak the R680 like they supposedly planned on doing, adding mroe ROPs and TMUs, then the R680 will certainly be a competitor, though possibly not to the G90.
It definitely sounds like the G90 is coming out this Nov but Dec/Jan would also have a small possibility but it would throw Nvidia off their game, releasing the GPU at the same time as AMD.

How do they lose money if they bring out the G9^ this year?
G8* cards get a small price drop, if any at all, and then they are slowly phased out.

That's pretty much how they work.
Baselerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#54 Baselerd
Member since 2003 • 5104 Posts

G92 isn't going to be a high end card. All rumors point to an 8700 series.

Right now the 8800gts 320MB version is the best bang per buck. The 8800gts 640 MB version and the hd 2900xt 512MB are priced similarly, and between the two the hd 2900xt seems to have, recently been getting an edge over the 8800gts. The 8800gtx is still the best, even though the hd 2900xt beat it in bioshockfor some strange reason...

Oh yeah, and the hd 2900xt 1GB GDDR4 version is a waste of money..

So you have it:

$300- get the 8800gts 320MB

$400 - get hd 2900xt 512MB

$550 - 8800gtx

paabss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 paabss

dude! lol the gforce 8800 series were mean to b for dirext 10 games, so far we didnt have any dirext10 game, and rumors are saying that Nvidia will launch another card? if the G8 series at this moment arent usin it fullest power, since games with dirext 10 arent out yet, so again, why would a company put another video card in the market, when g8 series dont use it fullest power, think about that,, ya answer was

"read Nvidia history", lol ok dude, taht doesnt meant they r gona launch another card this year, lol Companys need to adapt in todays world, meaning if they still have g8 series in the market and this cards arent using it fullest power, then y put another card in the market? it will overflow the Market,. G8 series arent usin it fullest power, Invidia still needs to prove taht Gforce series are good with dirext10 games, G8 series are mean to open the door for dirext10 games, and that door is not open yet, all benchmarks taht people uses is on games with dirext9,. lol learn some economics please, Invidia wouldnt trow another card just cus u want to, lol they need to sell well fiirst and then a price drop and then another card.

"G9 series are comming out" wtf! lol just cus u guys read some random lyink on the internet, u cant believe what is in the internet sometimes, is made up or fake and u shouldknow that by now. just wait forNvididas final word, after all if there is plans to make a g9 serie then Nvidia will let u know, not some random link from the internet, i can go now post a blog on the internet saying that ATI willmake a huge price dropp in theyr latest cards and put a powerfull new card on the market, , People will get hype offcourse, but ATI didnt made this post, i did it. See teh point? people lie all the time.

lettuceman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 lettuceman44
Member since 2005 • 7971 Posts

um paabss, you are very misinformed. The G90 series won't be highend, it will be a gap filler, med end part of the list. The 8800gts and gtx will still be nvidia's top cards

paabss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 paabss

imo! lol i just typed invidia on google, and just 1!!!! JUST 1 link, the same link taht says tht New cards r comming, but chek this out!! is a g8950 is not a g9 series, is a G8950!!! lol see how many rumors?? so which should we believe?? hahaha o god. a g9 series, or a g8950 gtx? lol please guys, stop hypin this crap of rumors, Nvidia will laucnh new cars in 2008!!! Ther gtx and ultra are on top rigth now, ATI is suffering.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2007/09/16/nvidia-8900gtx-8950gx2-priced/

lol!! i love how this website gives some proves, they even put a G 8800 video card picture, lol let them know please. lol

paabss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 paabss

um paabss, you are very misinformed. The G90 series won't be highend, it will be a gap filler, med end part of the list. The 8800gts and gtx will still be nvidia's top cards

lettuceman44

man!! i know, but this guys was sayin that Nvidia will laucnh more powerfull cards to ocmpete vs ATI newest cards comming up???? How? If 8800 GTX AND 88800 ULTRA are in top and far away from ATI, so why Nvidia will launch another powerfull card, whn its gtx and ultra arent usins it fullest power,, i said that it will overflow this market with powerfull cards, Dirext10 games arent out yet and This cards are meant to b for thos games, why would Nvidia release a more powerfull card whn its currents video cards are in top and they arent using 100% of its power, lol 2008 Nvidia will release new cards more pwoerfull but rigth now, they r fine with GTX and Ultra.

LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LordEC911

Look, you are just spamming and unless you keep this discussion civil I will not respond again.
The G90 is coming in Nov, no matter which way you look at it.

The G80 was a rushed DX10 card, it isn't fully DX10/Vista compliant.
Nvidia contracts out the GPUs to TMSC, most likely the last Ultra/GTX/GTS was made early this summer, they simply have to get rid of the extra inventory.

You are telling me to learn economics? I have taken 2 full years of economic courses at university, I am currently attending ASU's WP Carey School of Business. What background do you have in business and/or economics?
You seem to have missed the part where I told you that these new GPUs will be cheaper for Nvidia to make than the G80.

The reason why they need to release a card yet, even though the "G80 isn't being used to full power," is because AMD isn't going to stop just because the cards aren't being used to full power. Why is faster ram always being designed? Why are bigger/faster HD always being designed? Why are CPUs still advancing? That is the way the hardware industry works, there is ALWAYS something newer and better right around the corner.

There are also quite a few DX10 games out right now. Just because DX10 hasn't taken off like it was hyped to be(Yes, I too was taken in by the hype) doesn't mean new GPUs won't be made.

This isn't some "random link" where I get my information from.
I trust Shamino & Co.(FYI VR-Zone) because they are HIGHLY RELIABLE sources of information.
Also BenchZone, who always gets early production samples to play with has SEEN/PLAYED with the G90, aka NV55. He also is a highly reliable source of information. You seemed to have ignored those parts of my post.

So basically, your whole arguement is solely based on the G80 being the "start of DX10" and "we haven't seen any DX10 games yet."
Good arguement there....

paabss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 paabss

Look, you are just spamming and unless you keep this discussion civil I will not respond again.
The G90 is coming in Nov, no matter which way you look at it.

The G80 was a rushed DX10 card, it isn't fully DX10/Vista compliant.
Nvidia contracts out the GPUs to TMSC, most likely the last Ultra/GTX/GTS was made early this summer, they simply have to get rid of the extra inventory.

You are telling me to learn economics? I have taken 2 full years of economic courses at university, I am currently attending ASU's WP Carey School of Business. What background do you have in business and/or economics?
You seem to have missed the part where I told you that these new GPUs will be cheaper for Nvidia to make than the G80.

The reason why they need to release a card yet, even though the "G80 isn't being used to full power," is because AMD isn't going to stop just because the cards aren't being used to full power. Why is faster ram always being designed? Why are bigger/faster HD always being designed? Why are CPUs still advancing? That is the way the hardware industry works, there is ALWAYS something newer and better right around the corner.

There are also quite a few DX10 games out right now. Just because DX10 hasn't taken off like it was hyped to be(Yes, I too was taken in by the hype) doesn't mean new GPUs won't be made.

This isn't some "random link" where I get my information from.
I trust Shamino & Co.(FYI VR-Zone) because they are HIGHLY RELIABLE sources of information.
Also BenchZone, who always gets early production samples to play with has SEEN/PLAYED with the G90, aka NV55. He also is a highly reliable source of information. You seemed to have ignored those parts of my post.

So basically, your whole arguement is solely based on the G80 being the "start of DX10" and "we haven't seen any DX10 games yet."
Good arguement there....

LordEC911

k!! "Look, you are just spamming and unless you keep this discussion civil I will not respond again.
The G90 is coming in Nov, no matter which way you look at it."

U gave a date! i will remind u in november and post about all this, lol!! Nvidia releasing new cards, and now the g8800 was rushed, lol ok ,!! how isthis product rushed when Dirext 10 games arent even out yet,? lol

U gave a date already, tahts funny, not even Nvidia gave a Date and they r the ones who r making " this g9 cards" but u gave a date!! lol u must work for Nvidia o wait!!! u just read a Random link on the internetand some rumors,lol.

so Novemberit is, 20 more days.

paabss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 paabss

Good arguement there....

yeah same thing!!! Like u said, Dirext 10 games arent even out and Nvidia will release a new card for dirext10? lol wait!! their g8800 arent use in dirext10, cus dirext10 games arent even out yet, and on top of that, Nvidia will release another card for dirext10 games? lol

LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LordEC911
U gave a date! i will remind u in november and post about all this, lol!! Nvidia releasing new cards, and now the g8800 was rushed, lol ok ,!! how isthis product rushed when Dirext 10 games arent even out yet,? lol

U gave a date already, tahts funny, not even Nvidia gave a Date and they r the ones who r making " this g9 cards" but u gave a date!! lol u must work for Nvidia o wait!!! u just read a Random link on the internetand some rumors,lol.

so Novemberit is, 20 more days.paabss

Learn how to use the quote button please...

I didn't give a date. I gave a month.
I have always said that the G80 was rushed which it was, since it isn't fully DX10/Vista compliant.

I have a feeling I will have to go out of my way to find you in Nov when the G90 is launched.
I gave a date because that is what people under NDA are saying, in a "beating around the bush" sort of way.

You seem to be incapable/unable to comprehend this part. I didn't find a random link on the internet...
Someone, actually two people, have stated things about the new series. One of them has obviously seen/played with the G90 and both are very reputable. Shamino & Co. at VR-Zone have also been getting very similar information from their sources.

People seem to not realize that these rumors come from somewhere. All you really have to do is have a very good understanding of the industry and be able to read between the lines a little.
When you can't even read what I am posting, I doubt you would be very good at that...

Also, WTF is this 20 more day BS?
Let me help you out a little since you don't know your months.
Sept, Oct, Nov.
There are 14days left of Sept, 31 days of Oct and then 30 days of Nov.
Now you add them together, 14+31+30 = 75 days.
Nice call with those "20 more days."

yeah same thing!!! Like u said, Dirext 10 games arent even out and Nvidia will release a new card for dirext10? lol wait!! their g8800 arent use in dirext10, cus dirext10 games arent even out yet, and on top of that, Nvidia will release another card for dirext10 games? lol paabss

I said nothing of the sort, there are quite a few DX10 games out.
Please go do some research.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Oh well im still perplexed.

Do I wait for Nvidia and ATIs new concoctions or do I consider an 8800 GTS 640 or 2900XT 512 soon?

opamando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 opamando
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts

Good arguement there....

yeah same thing!!! Like u said, Dirext 10 games arent even out and Nvidia will release a new card for dirext10? lol wait!! their g8800 arent use in dirext10, cus dirext10 games arent even out yet, and on top of that, Nvidia will release another card for dirext10 games? lol

paabss

No one listen to this guy, he nothing but a spammer, look at his posts. Oh and remember the PC he sold on Ebay, but could never provide a link. LOL

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts

Do I wait for Nvidia and ATIs new concoctions or do I consider an 8800 GTS 640 or 2900XT 512 soon?

skrat_01
I personally am going with the 8800GTS 640MB. I beleive it'll outlast the 2900XT in the future. :)
Wesker776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Wesker776
Member since 2005 • 7004 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

-CheeseEater-

I personally am going with the 8800GTS 640MB. I beleive it'll outlast the 2900XT in the future. :)

:lol:

Good luck with that theory.

I've already posted benches of the 2900 XT beating the GTS everytime. There's also the fact that R600 follows M$'s exact DX10 guidelines, unlike G80.

I just don't get fanboyism...

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

/\ yes but what about benchmarks with AF and AA enabled.

The 2900XT is shackled when they are enabled, in many instances.

That worries me, and is stopping me from rushing out the door to buy one.

That and how it is quite loud, runs hot - thus not as easily overclockable...

Hiryuu_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Hiryuu_
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Half of the Xbitlab's benchmarks were done with 4xAA/16xAF, and the HD2900XT clearly won.

Even with 8x AA, the HD2900XT is often the clear winner.

http://www.mvktech.net/content/view/3641/39/1/7/

Wesker seems a bit biased though, since he only posted the benchmarks where the HD2900XT clearly won. The card simply did horrible in STALKER, Supreme Commander, Gothic 3, Neverwinter Nights 2.... but overall the HD2900XT was definitely better.

LahiruD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LahiruD
Member since 2006 • 2164 Posts
[QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]

Wesker776

I've already posted benches of the 2900 XT beating the GTS everytime. There's also the fact that R600 follows M$'s exact DX10 guidelines, unlike G80.

You are telling G80s doesn't foolowing M$'s DX10 guidelines ?

Why ?

Anyway 2900XT should beat the G80GTS completely even the G80GTX. BTW I bought my G80GTS 640MB for 359Euros while I can buy Jetway R600XT for 359Euros

Hiryuu_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Hiryuu_
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

Why are you referring to the cards via the codenames? That's weird as hell.. -_-

Anyways, I suppose nVidia's DX10 cards don't follow the guidelines due to the architecture of the cards itself. Not too interested in heavy tech stuff like that, but I suppose Wesker (or someone else) should be able to explain.

LahiruD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LahiruD

Why are you referring to the cards via the codenames? That's weird as hell.. -_- . Hiryuu_

Bcoz that's a bit cool than using the name.:D

G80GTX & G80GTS

R600XT

IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 IQT786
Member since 2005 • 2604 Posts

i just went to this 8800 is not fully dx10 only supports it while the 2900xt is

link 8800 http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Hardware/VideoCards/Pages/NVIDIAGeForce8800Ultra.aspx

link 2900xt http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Hardware/VideoCards/Pages/ATIRadeonHD2900.aspx

paabss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 paabss

lol!!! 8800 supports dirext10, meaning taht it uses dirext10, lol any diference? how can u say that 8800 is not full dirext10, when this card costs the most almost $700 vs a $400 card!!! the more u pay the more u get dude, lol

paabss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 paabss

'World's first DirectX® 10 architecture powers today's top titles with unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects" so it is a dirext10 card and full, =]

'

IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 IQT786

lol the card came last year
sepheronX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76 sepheronX
Member since 2005 • 1388 Posts

It is DX10.1 that 8800 and hd2900 are both not fully compatable. But in terms of DX10, both are fully compatable.

The HD2900xt is really showing better improvement in performance as the newer drivers come out. This only shows that AMD is really working hard to get the drivers properly out and showing what these cards can really do. But Nvidia is also known for driver issues, and can only imagine that there might be even more potential in the 8xxxx series then what we see right now.

IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 IQT786

2900xt

Full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 10.0
o Shader Model 4.0
o Geometry Shaders
o Stream Output
o Integer and Bitwise Operations
o Alpha to Coverage
o Constant Buffers
o State Objects
o Texture Arrays Dynamic Geometry Acceleration

industry leading Microsoft® DirectX® 10 support, GeForce 8800

r3351925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78 r3351925
Member since 2006 • 1728 Posts

It is DX10.1 that 8800 and hd2900 are both not fully compatable. But in terms of DX10, both are fully compatable.

The HD2900xt is really showing better improvement in performance as the newer drivers come out. This only shows that AMD is really working hard to get the drivers properly out and showing what these cards can really do. But Nvidia is also known for driver issues, and can only imagine that there might be even more potential in the 8xxxx series then what we see right now.

sepheronX

hey cmon, the latest nvidia beta is like 7 days old.

Sprozelth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Sprozelth
Member since 2006 • 744 Posts
[QUOTE="paabss"]

Good arguement there....

opamando

No one listen to this guy, he nothing but a spammer, look at his posts. Oh and remember the PC he sold on Ebay, but could never provide a link. LOL

Oh YEAH! I remember him, LOL. He was the dude that said he sold his comp for a very high price, but never gave the link. We were all waiting for it, LOL. Poor guy sold his imaginary computer.
Goldmatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Goldmatter
Member since 2003 • 1688 Posts

i really dont understand why people have such an obsession with one company or another,

i was very tempted by a 8800, but in my oppion it was a very rushed Dx10 card, in my mind nvidia are very good at doing this, the same happened with ATI and the x1800, they spent a long time working on new advanced technology while nvidia just redeveloped exisiting tech.

i think ATI did it right spending the extra time in developing a proper DX10 card instead of making the fastest Dx10 card possible to sell to the mass's in which they had no need for as no dx10 cards, its only been this summer in which the first dx10 games came out a good 9months after nvidia sold us dx10 cards.... i am ofc not a fan boy as for when i got my last graphics card the 7900gt was the best bet, but now the hd2900xt is the best bet.

this is of course just my oppion

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#81 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
I thought the 2900 was a replacement for my convection oven... I mean it cooks eggs.
Shegevara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#82 Shegevara
Member since 2005 • 2124 Posts
lol.. it depends on room temperature alot, so he probably got a radiator nearby or something, if i modify the cooler of GTX to take away few things, you couldn't see anything was took away and i could possibly bake a turkey on it
Wesker776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Wesker776

lol!!! 8800 supports dirext10, meaning taht it uses dirext10, lol any diference? how can u say that 8800 is not full dirext10, when this card costs the most almost $700 vs a $400 card!!! the more u pay the more u get dude, lol

paabss
[QUOTE="Wesker776"][QUOTE="-CheeseEater-"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]

LahiruD

You are telling G80s doesn't foolowing M$'s DX10 guidelines ?

Why ?

Anyway 2900XT should beat the G80GTS completely even the G80GTX. BTW I bought my G80GTS 640MB for 359Euros while I can buy Jetway R600XT for 359Euros

'World's first DirectX® 10 architecture powers today's top titles with unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects" so it is a dirext10 card and full, =]

'

paabss

You would have to ask LordEC for a deeper analysis (the guy is a GPU guru), but to give a quick run down:

- G80 was a rushed DX10 architecture from NVIDIA. Why do you think G80 still employs heavy DX9 like texture processing units? Even though M$ have stated that DX10 will be heavily streamlined through the shader processors, moving away from texture units.

- NVIDIA had to even twist M$' arm for full compatability in Vista. Why do you think NVIDIA had so many Vista issues and woes? The actual G80 architecture was conflicting with the DX10 API in Vista.

- Why is NVIDIA in so much hurry to release G80 refreshes? Ignoring the yields argument (as it applies to both NVIDIA and ATi), if NVIDIA has a DX10 through and through architecture, why do they need to release a redesign of G80? Do they think it will not be able to compete with R600 as it is in DX10?

Wesker776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Wesker776

I thought the 2900 was a replacement for my convection oven... I mean it cooks eggs.Swiftstrike5

...and other cards don't?

The 8800 GTX has average load power consumption ratings of 150-170w.

IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 IQT786
every card gets hot playing lost planet my previous 8800 320mb used to get so hot the game used to crash
LahiruD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 LahiruD

every card gets hot playing lost planet my previous 8800 320mb used to get so hot the game used to crashIQT786

Agree any graphic card is getting hot while playing games.

About Lost Planet, I played the game I finished it. I didn't faced any problem (nothing).

Settings 1280x720, 16X AF, 8X AA, shdows med, HDR med & others @ high & also using Vista.

IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 IQT786

maybe cos i overclocked it but both card to get hot

IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 IQT786

[QUOTE="IQT786"]every card gets hot playing lost planet my previous 8800 320mb used to get so hot the game used to crashLahiruD

Agree any graphic card is getting hot while playing games.

About Lost Planet, I played the game I finished it. I didn't faced any problem (nothing).

Settings 1280x720, 16X AF, 8X AA, shdows med, HDR med & others @ high & also using Vista.

with the 320mb i couldnt play with shadows on because of the 320mb but im running same res as u and vista lost planet makes any card boil

r3351925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90 r3351925
Member since 2006 • 1728 Posts
[QUOTE="IQT786"]

2900xt

Full support for Microsoft® DirectX® 10.0
o Shader Model 4.0
o Geometry Shaders
o Stream Output
o Integer and Bitwise Operations
o Alpha to Coverage
o Constant Buffers
o State Objects
o Texture Arrays Dynamic Geometry Acceleration

industry leading Microsoft® DirectX® 10 support, GeForce 8800

domke13

WTF are you trying to say?? That 8800 doesnt support shader model 4.0??? That it doesnt have geometry shaders??? :lol:

nvm him, probably a fan boi.

IQT786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 IQT786
ofcourse it does have shader 4.0
dapoutsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 dapoutsi
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Well it's true that with its new catalyst hd 2900xt has the power to take out the 8800gts both of its versions and indeed it beats gtx in many games while coming second with a difference of just 5 or 6 fps in some games.I usually make some test drives when going to buy new gpu's and i saw with my own eyes the comparison 2900xt vs 8800gtx believe me when even better drivers come out its gonna completely beat gtx.