Have you ever pirated a game?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts

As in used torrents or bought a copy.

i for one have never i had internet dial up for years so couldnt download games and never knew anybody who would do copies. so i had to save up for months to get one game.

:) i remember saving up for theme hospital

anyway a friend of mine said he was downlaoding a game that is close to 7 gig or something when he bought up the torrent i saw the comments underneath and people were complaining about control problems and graphics hiccups.

So whats the point of using torrents. i like to have the retail packaging too so thats why i never use steam (even though its cheaper). i cant stand having to download 6/7/8+ gig and then having problems with the game?

box0rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 box0rocks
Member since 2008 • 1006 Posts
lol @ my last post i made like no sence because most pc games are rpgs
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
Oh you have no idea...TheBigBadGRIM
:lol: you must have a big collection how many games you got?
Avatar image for dan-rofl-copter
dan-rofl-copter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 dan-rofl-copter
Member since 2008 • 2702 Posts
no never and never plan too
BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 BlueBirdTS
Member since 2005 • 6403 Posts
No. I'm pretty adamant when it comes to combating piracy. I have one friend who pirates most of his games and we argue about the ethics of pirating (or lack thereof) all the time.
BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlueBirdTS

Fallout 2

I don't really have a problem doing it cause it is such an old game, however I would never pirate a newer game.starwarsgeek112

I can understand why people pirate old games. They're just so hard to come by these days without spending exorbitant amounts of money on eBay.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts
Fallout 2

I don't really have a problem doing it cause it is such an old game, however I would never pirate a newer game.starwarsgeek112
Something I will expect from The Sith.
BlueBirdTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BlueBirdTS

Yes and im not afraid of admitting it either. I find piracy to be a great way to try a new ip or discover new companies. If i never pirated Morrowind after a friend recommendation i would never have gotten it. Took me around 3 days playing it before i ran up the store and bought it along the 3 expansions, same happened with dawn of war too. I don't pirate because it's free however and i more than understand copyrights so i always support what i enjoy.Cenerune

I wish more pirates had your attitude. I think if more games released good demos then that would go a long ways towards decreasing piracy rates.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70546 Posts
Sometimes priacy is the only way to try a game before you buy. I don't buy games that lack a demo, for such a purchase is too risky especially since you are stuck with the game even if you don't like it and want to return it the same day.
Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70546 Posts
its happening as we speak...dragonmaster64
LMAO
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsgeek112"]Fallout 2

I don't really have a problem doing it cause it is such an old game, however I would never pirate a newer game.BlueBirdTS

I can understand why people pirate old games. They're just so hard to come by these days without spending exorbitant amounts of money on eBay.

You can buy a brand new copy of Fallout Collection (Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics) for around £5 or so. (Not sure about American prices)

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
[QUOTE="dragonmaster64"]its happening as we speak...Pedro
LMAO

LAMO I have WAW
Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#26 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts
I've only ever pirated games that i already bought but either broke or were lost for some reason.
freddy692000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 freddy692000
Member since 2004 • 38 Posts
I would answer but if you realize this thread can be used against in the cort of law.Its a very strong evidence against all of you that you have used pirated games.So be carefull what you answer
krazyorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#30 krazyorange
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

I've only ever pirated games that i already bought but either broke or were lost for some reason. Brendissimo35

Same. I bought Dark Crusade on the day of release and played it, then this past summer I wanted to play through it again and the disc was scratched to hell and would not install. So I downloaded it (illegally) then used the same CD key I already had.

mattpunkgd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mattpunkgd
Member since 2007 • 2198 Posts
I plead the 5th!
georgesplaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 georgesplaid
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

With fast internet and private trackers with reliable peers you can pirate a 7 gig game in a matter of hours.

I have pirated Big Rigs..

why would I pay for Big Rigs?

igrowhair

lmao

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OoSuperMarioO
mm a few old titles no one really cares about anymore (warcraft 1, etc.) can u blame a guy for wanting to keep his classics?aura_enchanted
lol... Isn't Warcraft 1 a freeware game?
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts
Never, I am against the very idea of piracy. If a company doesn't want to provide me with a demo then I either play it at a friends or take my money elsewhere. I'm not gonna break the law to see if a game is good or not just because a company is too stupid to know what the consumer wants, I grew up with shareware like doom and its a shame you dont see that anymore.
VENOM192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 VENOM192
Member since 2009 • 1385 Posts
No but the thing that stops me doing it is because let's say you pirate Crysis which is a real good game and it took long 2 make and now that u pirated it, crytek is getting no money for their work!
GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
How is this thread not closed yet?
aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts
[QUOTE="aura_enchanted"]mm a few old titles no one really cares about anymore (warcraft 1, etc.) can u blame a guy for wanting to keep his classics?OoSuperMarioO

nope the only known of rts games that are free/abandon ware is C&C1 and red alert 1 because WoW makes ya know 333 mill a month in monthly fees alone the licence for the logo is still active as its trademark warcraft, so until they make a crappy warcraft game blizzard wont make any of em freeware yet. but knowing how alot of the cult blizzard following feels the day that happens is the day someone blows up blizzard entertainment.
OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 OoSuperMarioO
[QUOTE="OoSuperMarioO"][QUOTE="aura_enchanted"]mm a few old titles no one really cares about anymore (warcraft 1, etc.) can u blame a guy for wanting to keep his classics?aura_enchanted

nope the only known of rts games that are free/abandon ware is C&C1 and red alert 1 because WoW makes ya know 333 mill a month in monthly fees alone the licence for the logo is still active as its trademark warcraft, so until they make a crappy warcraft game blizzard wont make any of em freeware yet. but knowing how alot of the cult blizzard following feels the day that happens is the day someone blows up blizzard entertainment.

You'll think they make that game freeware by now due to it's very old.
aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts
mm nope as i said it and its sequels are under the licensce and trademark of the warcraft logo. they wont kill it off odds are they will release a blizzard ultimate warcraft battle chest with all the warcraft games in it if anything (and finally bother placing it on battlenet)