Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xyekenvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 Xyekenvort
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts

I wanted to buy one of these, but before I pay my own a** for one please help me with 2 questions:

1 - I've heard you need a somewhat powerful PC to be able to use it, so the question is will my laptop be able to use it?: Here's the specs (Asus N53Jq)

Intel Core i7 740QM 1,73 GHz, Nividia GeForce GT 425M 1GB, 6GB RAM.

Every spec is above the requirements, i'm just not sure about the processor since it asks 2.0 and mine is 1.73...

2 -Is there a list out there of recordable/compatible consoles? I can't find it anywhere. The box only says Xbox 360 and PS3, but are these the only recordable systems for HD PVR 2? Can't we use the component adapter for the Wii, or use all component cables that comes with the HD PVR 2 to record PS2 too?

That's about it, I was hoping you guys could help me out here :)

Thank you for your time.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
1. Should be fine 2. It can record anything that is plugged,it just make possible to record what is going on your screen
Xyekenvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xyekenvort

Ok I just got the HD PVR 2 in the mail =D

Now can you guys give me any tips on installing the required software? I've heard lots of people having trouble with the drivers and stuff, so I wanted to hear your tips on how to make a good installation of it...
And also, should I install it from the CD that comes with the HD PVR 2 or should I download the software from the official site? I'm asking because i've heard the software that comes in the CD is outdated, although i'm not sure about it...

Thank you for your time.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Download from the website,so you'll be just it's the newest build
Xyekenvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xyekenvort

Download from the website,so you'll be just it's the newest buildMonsieurX

Ok thanks...this is gonna sound really stupid, but where do I download it exactly? xD I can't find any download page in Hauppauges site...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Here ;)
Xyekenvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xyekenvort

Thanks alot. I feel very stupid for not finding that out on my own xD

I only need the last likk right? The one thats 185mb? I'm gonna install it right now =D

Xyekenvort

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xyekenvort

Ok I just got back from 2 hours of testing....and I must say i'm quite satisfied with the product for now =D

PS3 testing went brilliantly. I had trouble connecting it to the HDTV, but then I figured out I had to do each step in exact order and then it went fine. I put 720p on my PS3 settings since 1080p then screws up the output on the HDTV (which I expected), and I loved the recordings i've done. Great quality and sound :D
One thing I noticed is the contrast is a little off, it needs a little more contrast but I figured out you can change that on AcrShowBiz...

Then I went to test my Wii (main reason I wanted a PVR) and YES IT WORKED =D Like a charm actually, I thought I was going to have alot of trouble with it but it was just plug-and-play. I was speachless! I tested a Wii game and a few emulated games. All of it worked like a charm and the recordings were great =D I got synching problems with a Gamecube game I tested, but I know why it happened and it's not the PVR it's my Wii that can't run Gamecube games properly...

Then I tried using the component cable to record PS2, and unfortunately it didn't work. After trying simply using it to connect the PS2 to the TV, I realized the cable isn't even compatible with the PS2. So to record PS2 you really have to buy a component cable specifically for it. If it worked with the Wii, I don't see how it wouldn't with the PS2.

I had no trouble with the software or instalation. Pretty simple and straightforward. I really don't get why ArcShowBiz has such a lackluster editor, but that's okay I use another editor anyway.

All in all, everything went right and i'm very happy with the results =D

Thank you for your help Monsieur :D

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I'm currently stuck with using my DVD recorder to capture console screenshots (in SDTV resolution, of course) and have considered buying one of those. Can you post sample screenshots at 720p?

See? I need something with higher definition.

kz3collage3.jpg

Jubstheawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jubstheawesome
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I wanted to buy one of these but wasn't sure if it would be compatible... At home, i have an American xbox, if I were to buy an English hd pvr 2 gaming edition, would it still work or would it not be able to read the script Thanks
Avatar image for Paladinstar5758
Paladinstar5758

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Paladinstar5758
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I just recently bought the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 and I am curious to know if I am capable of connecting it to my PlayStation Vita.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonsieurX
I just recently bought the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 and I am curious to know if I am capable of connecting it to my PlayStation Vita. Paladinstar5758
No.