Has EA/Dice Fixed BF3 Yet?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

Just curious before I buy it

IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts

fixed how? its fine

IcyToasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IcyToasters
Member since 2007 • 12476 Posts

Nah, you still need to unlock flares.

:P

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 damann22

fixed how? its fine

IZoMBiEI

i mean with the random sign-offs from the browser, game crashing 10-15 minutes in the Multiplayer, pc activation for non-preorder copies, etc. And this is for the PC build.

Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

Some people still have problems, some are good to go.

IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts

[QUOTE="IZoMBiEI"]

fixed how? its fine

damann22

i mean with the random sign-offs from the browser, game crashing 10-15 minutes in the Multiplayer, pc activation for non-preorder copies, etc. And this is for the PC build.

the activation issue is fixed, I havent encountered the other problems myself though.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Just buy the game on origin and you won't have any issues. Make sure your drivers are the very latest and make sure that your punkbuster is updated to the latest and you'll be really to rock!

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

NOP...the game is miserable...pure garbage in this state...It is the most amazing game graphic wise...but the rest...garbage...pure garbage...

Let me put down a list with what is wrong with this game:

Lets start with the maps...there are only 2 or 3 maps playable(for Conquest.TDM...) the rest of the maps are so idiotic ,moronic,stupidlydesigned...on those maps it all come down to this "the teams are face to face and they start shooting at each others till the tickets ends...no alternative routes on those maps they dont give u a chance to do nothing...those maps are designed for each teams to go in the middle of the map and start to shoot blindly at each other...

Then there is the hit registration...which is puremiserablyimplemented...i shoot a guy 3 times in the head with the sniper rifle,he shoot me one time with the pistol..iam dead...

Other time i shoot with the tank direcly in to a guy...nothing happend...knifing is as garbage as in bad company 2...

Oh yeah...you can find urself dieing for no reason at all...all it says is "BAD LUCK"...i mean wtf?

Then there is the rubber band lag...wich is on every server...wich makes them practically unplayable...but if ur a sado-maso u can try to play on them...every kill is random in bf3 because of this rubber band lag...

And ofc there is the normal lag wich you will have if u play on servers that are not on ur continent...

Oh did i mentioned that u cannot start another session of the game right after u quited the last one?U need to close the client every time and then open it again...

oh btw...did i mentioned the randomdisconnects?This arent so frequent but still...

Yeah i almost forgot...the game is crashing to desktop once in a while...

Hmmm what else iam sure i forgot something...oh yeah...the respawn system..AN ABOMINATION...u respawn on top of ur enemy...literally...in his head...the game dosent care if the whole enemy team is on ur respawn point...it will respawn u there in the middle of them..again and again and again...pure garbage...

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#9 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

They've not fixed any issues I've seen yet. There's even ones from the alpha still in there.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 damann22

Just buy the game on origin and you won't have any issues. Make sure your drivers are the very latest and make sure that your punkbuster is updated to the latest and you'll be really to rock!

jer_1

Good I planned on getting it on origin. I guess the problems are with the Hard copy?

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Unreal-

[QUOTE="jer_1"]

damann22

Good I planned on getting it on origin. I guess the problems are with the Hard copy?

They're all the same.
-Wolfy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Wolfy-
Member since 2006 • 1417 Posts
I wish they would unnerf the guided rockets they are useless now, they do 20-30% damage and take about 15-20 secs to reload more than enough time for what ever you were shooting to regen its hp. I feel like I wasted my time getting them for jets, even the rocket pods do more dmg which is like your second or third unlock. Not to mention you can not lock on to the vehicle anymore after the driver jumps out and most of the time thats what they do to get rid of a lock.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

fixed how? its fine

IZoMBiEI

No it's not. There are a lot of bugs, a lot of server issues.

Give it a month, TC, and it should be fixed.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

jer_1

The drivers aren't the main culprit here. BF3 isn't optimized for CPUs with more than one core. A lot of people will get stuttering that has nothing to do with lag, or their video card since their FPS will be in the high 50s.

Servers don't have ANY tools that allow server admins to set up the systems that autokick people with high pings, causing the rest of us to lag. Tehran Highway is notorious for this. Destruction 2.0 doesn't help.

A few issues from the beta, even the ALPHA, are still present in game.

Just go to the technical issues forums on Battlelog and take a look for yourself. This game is a technical mess.

danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts
[QUOTE="IcyToasters"]

Nah, you still need to unlock flares.

:P

That took me about 10 minutes. Really, if you have any skill flying at all you will do it very fast. Then comes your missles and then the stealth. I am currently unlocked with the fast weapons belt thingy.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Its working fine for me, and has been since launch.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
its alittle early for everything to be fixed. I dont know if thats games fault or my hardware or my drivers. But I can play just for for awhile at 40-50+ fps then it goes and shutters so bad it makes the game unplayable. I am running and goto aim and it shutters I go prone and it shutters for a few secs. Kinda makes it hard to react.
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 damann22

I guess ill have to get skyrim

fivex84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fivex84
Member since 2006 • 1216 Posts

The only problem I had was with Punkbuster, but after updating it it has been fine.

gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
Its working fine for me, and has been since launch. IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
This haven't had any issues myself.
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#21 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Im having issues on Operation Guillotine. I can't progress because an event doesnt trigger at a point.

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
What issues? I have not experienced a single bug. The single player runs and plays fine with the latest nvidia drivers, I never get disconnected when I use the Battle-log, matches have been lag-free and overall the game is very smooth and in all aspects. Any problems are likely specific to the user, as otherwise everyone would have problems which is not the case at all.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

only bug i've seen is that tehran highway on conquest always makes any server poop the bed.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -Unreal-
What issues? I have not experienced a single bug. The single player runs and plays fine with the latest nvidia drivers, I never get disconnected when I use the Battle-log, matches have been lag-free and overall the game is very smooth and in all aspects. Any problems are likely specific to the user, as otherwise everyone would have problems which is not the case at all. Brean24
It seems you think we're lying.
gedz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gedz
Member since 2005 • 674 Posts

Im having issues on Operation Guillotine. I can't progress because an event doesnt trigger at a point.

mhofever

I had a similar problem with Operation Swordbreaker where the guy I was supoosed to follow just stands in that hallway part. Had to keep restarting from last checkpoint. Also have some slight stuttering occasionally.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5f0340ca5ecca
Member since 2005 • 1890 Posts
It's been working fine for me, the optimization is a lot better than in the beta. All that I've seen is the green flashes that occur from time to time and some bad servers (Some servers are instable and you'll get disconnected).
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#27 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="IZoMBiEI"]

fixed how? its fine

damann22

Ive played for 5 hours non stop in multiplayer on one server and i didnt get a crash.
There are some server issues I get on certain server and sometimes I cant enter a server the first time I try, but other then that its been a pretty good experience so far in the online.

Definatly some things that need ot be patched up but for me the game runs very well and loosk beautiful to.

halo2_4_pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 halo2_4_pc
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts

The game is great when a get a good server, but I'm getting ridiculous amounts of lag in most of my matches. And according to most of the people in my games it's not just me. Otherwise I have absolutely no complaints.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

A ton of server issues. Joining a server, getting the black screen even though game download manager says: "Go to game." I was disconnected from 4 games earlier. 50% of these servers are extremely laggy, stuttering, slideshows. The netcode needs a lot of work. When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, it's downright awful. I hate it when you're running around nice and smooth, stutter and lag free, but when you see the first enemy make a move on ya, it's a lag-fest.

It's like a Western showdown except you are lagging, but he is lag-free. Sometimes, I feel like people are hacking or something because every time I encounter an enemy player, I lag and stutter so he can get a free shot at me. It's frustrating and a waste of my time.. to work up your stats and to try and have fun and get it all taken away by consecutive lag games.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#30 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
For some reason yesterday, it was running horribly (lag) and I was getting kicked from servers constantly (punkbuster). I updated PB and today, I'm not sure what they did, but there is hardly any lag in most of the games I've been in. So, all in all, I'm happy for the moment.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Elann2008
For some reason yesterday, it was running horribly (lag) and I was getting kicked from servers constantly (punkbuster). I updated PB and today, I'm not sure what they did, but there is hardly any lag in most of the games I've been in. So, all in all, I'm happy for the moment.Gooeykat
Has there been a new update since yesterday? I updated my PB yesterday.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts
The game feels almost unplayable to me... Campaign will run fine then will randomly stutter for about a minute or two... occasionally it will crash, the same with multiplayer. Playing on a core 2 duo 2.66ghz gtx460 1gb 3gb ram..... :/
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Elann2008

The game feels almost unplayable to me... Campaign will run fine then will randomly stutter for about a minute or two... occasionally it will crash, the same with multiplayer. Playing on a core 2 duo 2.66ghz gtx460 1gb 3gb ram..... :/lucfonzy
Sorry mate but your dual-core is one of the main problems. And with everything opened in the background, I have 870mb of RAM left. That's with battlelog, origin, the game itself running. I have 4GB. I'm sure 3GB isn't enough.

Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
[QUOTE="Gooeykat"]For some reason yesterday, it was running horribly (lag) and I was getting kicked from servers constantly (punkbuster). I updated PB and today, I'm not sure what they did, but there is hardly any lag in most of the games I've been in. So, all in all, I'm happy for the moment.Elann2008
Has there been a new update since yesterday? I updated my PB yesterday.

Not sure, I haven't checked, but something is different it's running much better.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Just curious before I buy it

damann22

What's wrong with it? I'm loving it.

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

[QUOTE="lucfonzy"]The game feels almost unplayable to me... Campaign will run fine then will randomly stutter for about a minute or two... occasionally it will crash, the same with multiplayer. Playing on a core 2 duo 2.66ghz gtx460 1gb 3gb ram..... :/Elann2008

Sorry mate but your dual-core is one of the main problems. And with everything opened in the background, I have 870mb of RAM left. That's with battlelog, origin, the game itself running. I have 4GB. I'm sure 3GB isn't enough.

Yeah I realise my cpu isnt up to par :/ just managed a whole round on caspian border without a crash though, ran perfectly smooth. It's odd. It's so stupid that you have to have the freakin browser running in the background, hogs so much memory
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Brean24
[QUOTE="Brean24"]What issues? I have not experienced a single bug. The single player runs and plays fine with the latest nvidia drivers, I never get disconnected when I use the Battle-log, matches have been lag-free and overall the game is very smooth and in all aspects. Any problems are likely specific to the user, as otherwise everyone would have problems which is not the case at all. -Unreal-

You misunderstood. I acknowledge there are problems with Battlefield 3, even though I haven't experienced them myself. However many of those problems are from drivers and server issues rather than the game itself, many of which are minor and only affect a small sample of actual players. These are also easily fixed.
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Well...i havnt got any problems, but i hate origin and the server menu in the browser and the fact that dsl doesnt cut it for 64 person mp :(

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Elann2008
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="lucfonzy"]The game feels almost unplayable to me... Campaign will run fine then will randomly stutter for about a minute or two... occasionally it will crash, the same with multiplayer. Playing on a core 2 duo 2.66ghz gtx460 1gb 3gb ram..... :/lucfonzy

Yeah I realise my cpu isnt up to par :/ just managed a whole round on caspian border without a crash though, ran perfectly smooth. It's odd. It's so stupid that you have to have the freakin browser running in the background, hogs so much memory

Well maybe you won't get "out of the world" performance but it seems you just ran a perfect round. Even with a high-end rig, people are reporting issues across the board. We're waiting for DICE to patch things up. I don't like Battlelog either.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Stuttering stuttering stuttering. The stuttering is ridiculous. It's the worst I've ever seen. And it's definitely server-side, I've never heard of client-side stuttering pulling everyone back 3 feet where they were 2 seconds ago then blasting them forward again. Especially funny when you are in a tank or heli.

Aside from that which I guess will be fixed rather soon, some small-time bugs like helis getting stuck inside geodata on some maps and minor stuff like that.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

mhofever

I had that issue a couple of times in the game. I just reloaded the latest checkpoint and it worked just fine.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -Unreal-

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"][QUOTE="Brean24"]What issues? I have not experienced a single bug. The single player runs and plays fine with the latest nvidia drivers, I never get disconnected when I use the Battle-log, matches have been lag-free and overall the game is very smooth and in all aspects. Any problems are likely specific to the user, as otherwise everyone would have problems which is not the case at all. Brean24

You misunderstood. I acknowledge there are problems with Battlefield 3, even though I haven't experienced them myself. However many of those problems are from drivers and server issues rather than the game itself, many of which are minor and only affect a small sample of actual players. These are also easily fixed.

I wouldn't call 109 pages of forum posts on battlelog a small sample of players. Here's the ones I've come accross myself. I might be missing a couple I've forgot about, but here's what I can remember:

• The screen in-game flickers bright green sometimes (this issue has remained since the alpha.)
  • Clicking "join server" returns the message "could not join server" with a little skull and crossbones down the side of the web browser
  • Servers kicking you out and your browser displaying "you were disconnected from the login server"
  • Messages telling you "server disconnected unexpectedly. do you have the latest version of the game?" when the latest version is installed
  • Random lockups (game freezes)
  • Random crashes to desktop with a typical "program has stopped working" message
  • Can't use ANY controls in co-op (Esc for menu, alt+enter to window mode, any player controls etc)
  • You can join a server when the map is being changed but even though the game loads, you will get kicked out and a simple disconnected from the server message will show
  • When you deploy the mortar, you are shown on the map as if someone has spotted you. This also happens randomly when you simply fire it
  • Battlelog not displaying pings
  • Sometimes your controller's control mappings will just change themselves
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Brean24
Forum goers are a very small percent of the gaming community and they are also the most vocal. I have not had any game freezes or crash to desktops, I have noticed the bright green flicker though it only happened for one match, my Battle Log does not show the ping correctly, but other than that I have not had many of the issues that the forum is reporting. Which is odd, and tells me the problem has something to do with hardware and software setups, as it affects some but not all users of the same exact game.
ThomasMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 ThomasMaster
Member since 2005 • 205 Posts

I pre-ordered the game from amazon and it's due the 31th. Can't wait for it. I hope I don't get any problems, I want to go to multiplayer right away.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

I pre-ordered the game from amazon and it's due the 31th. Can't wait for it. I hope I don't get any problems, I want to go to multiplayer right away.

ThomasMaster

You will not be disappointed!

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 damann22

Well Im going to take the plung and start downloading it before I got to bed. Hopefully It will be fine but only time will tell. Ill update when I can later.

theking52_TDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 theking52_TDK
Member since 2008 • 943 Posts

The only issues I've had is lag mainly. Ive put in a lot of hours into this already and maybe game crashed 3 times so far. Lag seems to happen mainly on Tehran Highway 64 players. Others are fine, if I connect to a server with a good connection and low ping. Even 64 players is fine with that one exception. When I go less than 64 than even Tehran runs just fine.

Prexxus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Prexxus
Member since 2003 • 1443 Posts

NOP...the game is miserable...pure garbage in this state...It is the most amazing game graphic wise...but the rest...garbage...pure garbage...

Let me put down a list with what is wrong with this game:

Lets start with the maps...there are only 2 or 3 maps playable(for Conquest.TDM...) the rest of the maps are so idiotic ,moronic,stupidlydesigned...on those maps it all come down to this "the teams are face to face and they start shooting at each others till the tickets ends...no alternative routes on those maps they dont give u a chance to do nothing...those maps are designed for each teams to go in the middle of the map and start to shoot blindly at each other...

Then there is the hit registration...which is puremiserablyimplemented...i shoot a guy 3 times in the head with the sniper rifle,he shoot me one time with the pistol..iam dead...

Other time i shoot with the tank direcly in to a guy...nothing happend...knifing is as garbage as in bad company 2...

Oh yeah...you can find urself dieing for no reason at all...all it says is "BAD LUCK"...i mean wtf?

Then there is the rubber band lag...wich is on every server...wich makes them practically unplayable...but if ur a sado-maso u can try to play on them...every kill is random in bf3 because of this rubber band lag...

And ofc there is the normal lag wich you will have if u play on servers that are not on ur continent...

Oh did i mentioned that u cannot start another session of the game right after u quited the last one?U need to close the client every time and then open it again...

oh btw...did i mentioned the randomdisconnects?This arent so frequent but still...

Yeah i almost forgot...the game is crashing to desktop once in a while...

Hmmm what else iam sure i forgot something...oh yeah...the respawn system..AN ABOMINATION...u respawn on top of ur enemy...literally...in his head...the game dosent care if the whole enemy team is on ur respawn point...it will respawn u there in the middle of them..again and again and again...pure garbage...

rhazzy
Oh commong Raz you had a fun time playing with us tonight! We had some great laughs and you even said at one point "that was awesome!"
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

No problems here. Singleplayer/coop has tons of crazy bugs (nothing game breaking though). My friend and I had a bunch of enemies spawn right next to us during part of the coop mission.

Some unlocks still need tweaking (various air asset unlocks, mortars, ump buff, etc.), but DICE usually gets around to doing that within the first two months.