GTA4: Save game locations?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I might be reformatting my PC due to a virus, so I was wondering if anyone knew were the GTA4 saves are located.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
For W7/Vista: C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames Never played it on XP so I have no idea.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]For W7/Vista: C:\Users\"User Name"\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames Never played it on XP so I have no idea.

Found it. Thank you:)
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

It isn't enough to backup just the save games .......... oh why are we not surprised with GTA 4 everthing has to be damn difficult doesn't it :roll: . As well as backing up the save games in the Rockstar folder you also need to backup your xlive folder which can be found :-

C:\documents and settings\\Local Settings\Applicationdata\Microsoft\XLive

If you want more detailed instructions on how to back up your save games for GTA 4 then there is a guide here :-

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s=6bdded4e9ed8df8b75eff36f8f0c61c4&showtopic=397064&st=0&#entry1058955491

If you just backup your save games without backing up the xlive folder then GTA 4 can refuse to recognise your savegames once you reinstall GTA 4.

iliatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iliatay
Member since 2008 • 1325 Posts

It isn't enough to backup just the save games .......... oh why are we not surprised with GTA 4 everthing has to be damn difficult doesn't it :roll: . As well as backing up the save games in the Rockstar folder you also need to backup your xlive folder which can be found :-

C:\documents and settings\\Local Settings\Applicationdata\Microsoft\XLive

If you want more detailed instructions on how to back up your save games for GTA 4 then there is a guide here :-

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?s=6bdded4e9ed8df8b75eff36f8f0c61c4&showtopic=397064&st=0&#entry1058955491

If you just backup your save games without backing up the xlive folder then GTA 4 can refuse to recognise your savegames once you reinstall GTA 4.

charmingcharlie
after patch 1.0.4 you only need the file in the gta4 savegame folder