skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

How you meant to drive cars with keyboard and mouse?. Cant get use to camera and tried them all in options. Am I only one having difficulty or is any one else having hard time?.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

It's possible to drive well a car with the keyboard and move the camera with the mouse. I even do it with the left hand on the keyboard. There is also setup to drive with both hands and with the right as primary(direction). But remember that I do that since I'm young and I'm very familiar with this control. Of course a controller is better for driving car so in GTA V you can use the controller for driving and use the mouse and keyboard for gunning is running around.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I play most of GTA V in first person view. But, I switch to 3rd person view when driving. Driving and weaving among traffic isn't a problem when using keyboard and mouse. I use the same keys for GTA V, Far Cry 4, Far Cry 3, and Watch Dogs.

What I find convoluted in GTA V are the default keys for aircraft. Luckily, precision isn't required in most flying missions.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@skipper847 said:

How you meant to drive cars with keyboard and mouse?. Cant get use to camera and tried them all in options. Am I only one having difficulty or is any one else having hard time?.

I played the whole game in 3rd person view with KB/MS, no issues whatsoever.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 skipper847

@Chatch09:

I just bought a £40 mouse and want to use it hehe. I got the Logitech G402 mouse and new keyboard also. Logitech K280e keyboard. I use to play with controller but camera too slow and not accurate. I started from scratch on GTA V yesterday and that beginning bit I was getting all head shots but with controller I was rubbish.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

I use both gamepad + M&K but in some missions that require driving and shooting I prefer M&K over gamepad because it's way more efficient to simply head shot drivers fast than to chase people through half the city and stuff like that.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 skipper847

When you turn in a car is there any way to make it so the camera turns with the car with out moving the mouse as well?.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@Chatch09 said:

Why are so many PC gamers opposed to using controllers? I play mostly online with my XB1 controller and actually do a LOT better than like 90%of the player base.

I'm not opposed at all, it just depends on the game.

In a shooter online though you're at a disadvantage with a controller.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

I played all GTA(from 2001) with keyboard and mouse, no issues whatsoever, and it is far more enjoyable with k/m than a controller for me at least.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By skipper847

So it turned out to be my controller and old keyboard and mouse what was causing micro stuttering in games. I was getting micro second stutter which was getting really bad and made games hard with lag too. I think it was the 360 and Xbox one controller along with cheap keyboard and mouse.

I tried every different way to get rid of it using those equipment but couldn't. From using one to other etc. Any way I thought I would spend quite abit on a keyboard and mouse. I got the Logitech K280e keyboard and the Logitech G402 gaming mouse which cost quite abit. I installed it and straight away I noticed a difference on desktop with webpages not stuttering etc.

I then put games on what I played be for. GTAV, Skyrim and others and problem was gone. I since put my 360 and xbox one back in and problem there. along with old keyboard and mouse. so think it was them all along and now I can have graphics at nearly max.

I have a gtx Asus Strix 970 and was getting graphic spikes in usage but no more its constant at 78%. Even on desktop I was getting 100% spikes.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skipper847

Getting a lot better in games using keyboard and mouse again with out stuttering or spiking. Don't get me wrong I don't mind controller it just that keyboard and mouse even in 3rd person is a lot smoother and quicker. On controllers now matter sensitivity it use to seem like it would take for ever and not accurate. Now I can turn 180 degrees and more in a split second and boom shoot them in the head. In GTA V I am getting more gold and silver then I did on controller as I was getting more bronze.

Will try a FPS later might put crisis 3 back on as when played this I was using a controller.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

I don't have an issue. I prefer the keyboard and mouse for everything except flying helicopters in that game.

Much easier to pan around quickly and accurately shoot from vehicles with k/m.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 skipper847

Don't no if it was controller or not but now when I jump it smooth. When I jumped with old keyboard and mouse or controller it use to slow down a lot like to 10fps and go back up.