Graphics Card problem i think

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 bindip
Member since 2005 • 2585 Posts

http://img442.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wtfgv2.jpg 

Im having some troubles with my card........ive got a X1900 GT............i ran the 6.5 drivers which came with the card they ran fine then i updated to 7.1 however games started to crash making looping sounds then it rebooted the PC.........so i rolled back the drivers however i started to get crazy lines looks like artifacts or something.......so i got the 6.10 drivers still the same problem..........so i reformated my PC and i sitll get the same problem however i only get it if i turn on anti analyzing..........if i turn it off its fine.......i used to run all games with full AA fine however i cannot now.

I ran it in 3D mark 2006 and i got the crazy lines twice in 1 clip.........rest were fine..........please can some 1 tell me whats going on

is my card faulty or are the drivers the problem.

My card temps are 30 idle and 60 oc under load..............my specs are:

520 watt PSU
core 2 duo e6600
1 gig ram
160 gb hard drive
X1900 GT

Cyborg-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Cyborg-21
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
The temps are fine - but did you overclock the card ?
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bindip

The temps are fine - but did you overclock the card ?Cyborg-21

nope never always on core settings

bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bindip

i did mess around with in CCC tho u no the 3D image of the car going down a road well i put that to max quaitly and ever since then its messed up however i did this with the 7.1 drivers i did this before with the 6.5 drivers and it was fine...........but at the moment its on default factory settings

bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bindip
any 1 have any ideas ?
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
Try uninstalling CCC. I had similar issues with it in the past too and find it pretty useless anyway.
kato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 kato_
Member since 2006 • 1423 Posts

Im having some troubles with my card........ive got a X1900 GT............i ran the 6.5 drivers which came with the card they ran fine then i updated to 7.1 however games started to crash making looping sounds then it rebooted the PC.........so i rolled back the drivers however i started to get crazy lines looks like artifacts or something.......so i got the 6.10 drivers still the same problem..........so i reformated my PC and i sitll get the same problem however i only get it if i turn on anti analyzing..........if i turn it off its fine.......i used to run all games with full AA fine however i cannot now.

I ran it in 3D mark 2006 and i got the crazy lines twice in 1 clip.........rest were fine..........please can some 1 tell me whats going on

520 watt PSU
core 2 duo e6600
1 gig ram
160 gb hard drive
X1900 GT

bindip
I have the same problem, but mine is an older card. What i did to mine was underclock it just a bit and after that it worked perfectly fine. However you can do what i did but with a great card like yours i suggest u return it and get a newer one but for now clean the video card to make sure the fan is spinning to its full potential.
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bindip
[QUOTE="bindip"]

520 watt PSU
core 2 duo e6600
1 gig ram
160 gb hard drive
X1900 GT

kato_
I have the same problem, but mine is an older card. What i did to mine was underclock it just a bit and after that it worked perfectly fine. However you can do what i did but with a great card like yours i suggest u return it and get a newer one but for now clean the video card to make sure the fan is spinning to its full potential.

yea sounds like i need to return it
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bindip
Try uninstalling CCC. I had similar issues with it in the past too and find it pretty useless anyway.
BLKR4330
tryed that and counter strike wouldnt work
Krall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Krall
Member since 2002 • 16463 Posts
Are you installing drivers on top of drivers or are you removing the older drivers before installing the new ones?

I would try cleaning out the drivers first with this program: http://www.drivercleaner.net (READ the Directions!) and then install the latest drivers.
ForlornHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ForlornHope
Member since 2006 • 1809 Posts
BLKR4330

what is ccc?
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bindip
Are you installing drivers on top of drivers or are you removing the older drivers before installing the new ones?

I would try cleaning out the drivers first with this program: http://www.drivercleaner.net (READ the Directions!) and then install the latest drivers.
Krall
no i got rid of the old drivers first.............plus ive formatted my hard drive so thats got rid of every thing.....
beatzfreak69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 beatzfreak69
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts
Get rid of CCC and get ATI Tray Tools
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bindip
Get rid of CCC and get ATI Tray Toolsbeatzfreak69
tryed that didnt work
BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts
[QUOTE="BLKR4330"]Try uninstalling CCC. I had similar issues with it in the past too and find it pretty useless anyway.
bindip

Strange, works fine for me. At the amd site you can download drivers without the extra's (like ccc), did you try those?
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bindip
[QUOTE="bindip"][QUOTE="BLKR4330"]Try uninstalling CCC. I had similar issues with it in the past too and find it pretty useless anyway.
BLKR4330

Strange, works fine for me. At the amd site you can download drivers without the extra's (like ccc), did you try those?

yes i have still the same problem...................sounds like the cards slowing dieing
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bindip
looks like ill have to send it back :( im getting the crazy lines with AA off now
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bindip
any one know what the problem could be and are HIS a good company for returns they offer a year warrenty
jang_nara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jang_nara
Member since 2003 • 178 Posts
i have the same card and same problem, RMA for twice already
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bindip
i have the same card and same problem, RMA for twice alreadyjang_nara
you have RMA it twice and still get the same problem !!!!!!!! are these cards defective or something ? did they give u a new card or try to fix that ?
jang_nara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jang_nara
first time RMA i get back same card, second time one i not yet get it yet
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bindip
first time RMA i get back same card, second time one i not yet get it yetjang_nara
hopefully u get a new card
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bindip
can any 1 help me out ? or is it RMA time
DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DirkVDV01
Member since 2004 • 20155 Posts
I would test it in another PC, if the effect is the same, the card will be the cause. Then you can RMA it.
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bindip

I would test it in another PC, if the effect is the same, the card will be the cause. Then you can RMA it.DirkVDV01
i dont another pc to test it on................. but ive reformatted my pc still the same problem............i called overclockers.co.uk and they said i can RMA it back to them and they will replace it providing it fails there tests........................i bet it will pass there tests and they will send it back but ive formatted my pc now so nothing should be wrong with what ive done. i have more pictures for u guys as well to see the problem. It happens in all my games it happend in 3Dmark once but since ive reformatted 3D mark is fine.

http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1eq2.jpg

bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bindip

http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p2ct7.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p3wu8.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p4qx4.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p6yt8.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p7sj8.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8mc1.jpg

bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bindip
ive got more pictures so you can see abit more
DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DirkVDV01
It looks seriously like the VGA is bogus. RMA it.
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bindip
It looks seriously like the VGA is bogus. RMA it.DirkVDV01
i am thanks for every one for the advice does any 1 know why this might of happend ??????? and how can i prevent this problem in the future ?
jang_nara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jang_nara
u cant prevent it, and i think i will get new card because when it send back, my vendor test itself and the same problem arise again. The vendor told me to wait for a week, cause he called them to exchange new card for me... hopefully
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bindip
u cant prevent it, and i think i will get new card because when it send back, my vendor test itself and the same problem arise again. The vendor told me to wait for a week, cause he called them to exchange new card for me... hopefully
jang_nara
ok thanks
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 9mmSpliff
Member since 2005 • 21751 Posts
yep its a patience thing and hoping you get a good card in return. Happened with my current card. I RMAd it 2 times for a total of 14 weeks of RMA'ing. Then actually bought a 7900gtx during the wait, cause I had no other PCIe card. I ended up selling the 7900gtx a month ago for $345cdn, but with aftermarket cooling.
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bindip
yep its a patience thing and hoping you get a good card in return. Happened with my current card. I RMAd it 2 times for a total of 14 weeks of RMA'ing. Then actually bought a 7900gtx during the wait, cause I had no other PCIe card. I ended up selling the 7900gtx a month ago for $345cdn, but with aftermarket cooling.9mmSpliff
RMAed it 2 times :O are these things just normal then ?
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 9mmSpliff
[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]yep its a patience thing and hoping you get a good card in return. Happened with my current card. I RMAd it 2 times for a total of 14 weeks of RMA'ing. Then actually bought a 7900gtx during the wait, cause I had no other PCIe card. I ended up selling the 7900gtx a month ago for $345cdn, but with aftermarket cooling.bindip

not normal, but they happen. You know the saying "$**t happens!" :D
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bindip
[QUOTE="bindip"][QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]yep its a patience thing and hoping you get a good card in return. Happened with my current card. I RMAd it 2 times for a total of 14 weeks of RMA'ing. Then actually bought a 7900gtx during the wait, cause I had no other PCIe card. I ended up selling the 7900gtx a month ago for $345cdn, but with aftermarket cooling.9mmSpliff

lol well im sending it off tommorrow..............what games did yours happen on mines on all games
9mmSpliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 9mmSpliff
[QUOTE="9mmSpliff"][QUOTE="bindip"][QUOTE="9mmSpliff"]yep its a patience thing and hoping you get a good card in return. Happened with my current card. I RMAd it 2 times for a total of 14 weeks of RMA'ing. Then actually bought a 7900gtx during the wait, cause I had no other PCIe card. I ended up selling the 7900gtx a month ago for $345cdn, but with aftermarket cooling.bindip

lol well im sending it off tommorrow..............what games did yours happen on mines on all games

WEll I just had overheating issues cause of the fan not running at 100%, becuase it couldnt. My PC would just freeze up, I never had artifacts like yours. That was with FEAR, casue that was the heaviest game out at the time.
jang_nara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jang_nara
my one is funny, when the windows load, u can see the pixels is running and sometimes it dont... i hate when i was playing oblivion and the pixels starts to run....

and i have waited almost 3 months for the card.....that is...$%#  haha
bindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bindip
my one is funny, when the windows load, u can see the pixels is running and sometimes it dont... i hate when i was playing oblivion and the pixels starts to run....

and i have waited almost 3 months for the card.....that is...$%# haha
jang_nara

thats bad.........i hope mine isnt like that
DirkVDV01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DirkVDV01

and i have waited almost 3 months for the card.....that is...$%# haha
jang_nara
So long? While RMA procedures tend to last a while, I hope 3 months will be once in a life-time exceptions...