good god mass effect is beautiful!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alastor_vj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alastor_vj
Member since 2003 • 509 Posts

seriously, textures = awesome. and i love the film grain...

however my garius's textures seem sadly...low res :( any help on that?

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#2 biggest_loser  Online
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
The game looks much better with the film grain off. Some textures in the game are very low though since it is a port. Nothing you can do about that.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

seriously, textures = awesome. and i love the film grain...

however my garius's textures seem sadly...low res :( any help on that?

alastor_vj
They were supposed to fix the Garius face (and some other) abnormally low-quality textures in future patches, but I guess that never happened. There was no solution for it when I last played the game.
death5ter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 death5ter
Member since 2005 • 1001 Posts
try this one... http://www.tweakguides.com/ME_1.html
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

It just is a beautiful game, its one of those games that i just played non stop the first 4 days i got it haha.

And like "Biggest Loser" said it looks alot better with the grain effect off.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

The game looks much better with the film grain off. Some textures in the game are very low though since it is a port. Nothing you can do about that. biggest_loser

You liked it better with the film grain off? I never tried that. I thought the film grain was a cool looking effect. Anyway, yeah...the artwork and design level is pretty good in Mass Effect. It was my favorite game of '08...of the games I played that is.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

The game looks much better with the film grain off. Some textures in the game are very low though since it is a port. Nothing you can do about that. biggest_loser

You liked it better with the film grain off? I never tried that. I thought the film grain was a cool looking effect. Anyway, yeah...the artwork and design level is pretty good in Mass Effect. It was my favorite game of '08...of the games I played that is.

onlinegamefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 onlinegamefan
Member since 2008 • 100 Posts
cant help you, sorry :D
mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#9 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Mass Effect's story was just jaw-dropping, like it jumped out from a Hollywood blockbuster movie.

alastor_vj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alastor_vj
hm i suppose ill have to try out the non film grain next! but yea the art style is amazing. i hate star was but this game takes everything cool from those movies and makes it better.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#11 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
did they fix garius's terribly blurry texture, I know some mods kinda helped but it should really be top fix when other aliens of his race look about 10 times better. Game looks pretty good, good use of UE3.
MotherRussia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MotherRussia
Member since 2003 • 946 Posts
MAss Effect is one of the best games of the few years, It is one of the most inmersive games ever, anyone knows when ME 2 will come out?
Avatar image for deactivated-59cfb94f07a73
deactivated-59cfb94f07a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-59cfb94f07a73
Member since 2009 • 102 Posts
You got my interest so I ran through the screenshots . . . omg! Graphics really are *killer* !
Nitrous2O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nitrous2O
Member since 2004 • 1813 Posts

Yeah, I have film grain turned off, but it would look even better if it wasn't for the glitchy dynamic shadows :(

I decided to leave them on rather than using a work-around that simply disables some of them.

I'm starting to get used to the ugly-shadows (blech) for the most part, but otherwise it's a nice looking game, thumbs up!

iki080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 iki080
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts
this game got over 80 awards :o
couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
Amazing game, I even made a video, check my sig.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
It's an amazing game, but I just wish it were a bit longer. It's a bit short for an RPG.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
yup it is good looking .. that is the only good thing I can say about the game
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts
If only the side-quest worlds were as beautiful as the rest of the game...
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hellboard
Member since 2008 • 2429 Posts
Am sure it does but ihavent progress it much, it doesnt suck me ine... i prefer playing something else instead of it...
Sordidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sordidus
Member since 2008 • 2036 Posts
Mass Effect it's, in my opinion, the worst game from Bioware and a huge disapointment for me...
alastor_vj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alastor_vj
yea the freakin textures on the krogen, or what ever wrex is, is amazing. and i actually loved the 2 side quest ive done so far.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58322 Posts

Ya the game is beautiful. Environmental textures are a bit bland for my liking but hey, it is a port, and the facial animation, NPCs, and effects more than make up for it.

Its also an insanely fun game to play! What class/gender did you go as?

Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hellboard
Mass Effect it's, in my opinion, the worst game from Bioware and a huge disapointment for me...Sordidus
never heard of jade empire?
alastor_vj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 alastor_vj
im a male vangard. its pretty awesome. im mainly playing a vangard so i can get lift when i play through as an infiltrator, which looks like loads of fun :D. but yea its an amazing game and i personally love the combat, though it is crazy hard, at least this early it is..ive heard it gets easy though...
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
Mass Effect it's, in my opinion, the worst game from Bioware and a huge disapointment for me...Sordidus
Thanks Ganesh, someone think like me :) And btw, this game is fairly ugly. Texture are low res and they bloom everything to make sure you don't notice.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 naval
[QUOTE="Sordidus"]Mass Effect it's, in my opinion, the worst game from Bioware and a huge disapointment for me...Hellboard

I consider it worse that Jade Empire, Jade Empire did had a interesting setting, all Mass Effect had was a generic space setting
Major_9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Major_9000
Member since 2004 • 260 Posts
Mass Effect is fantastic and has a great storyline, I cannot wait the the next one to come out.
Hellboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hellboard
[QUOTE="Hellboard"][QUOTE="Sordidus"]Mass Effect it's, in my opinion, the worst game from Bioware and a huge disapointment for me...naval

I consider it worse that Jade Empire, Jade Empire did had a interesting setting, all Mass Effect had was a generic space setting

i really like then both
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#30 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

[QUOTE="Hellboard"][QUOTE="Sordidus"]Mass Effect it's, in my opinion, the worst game from Bioware and a huge disapointment for me...naval

I thought they did really well. A lot of different races, but it was interesting to learn about the 3 races that became dominate (and the struggles of the lesser races). It was much more refreshing than searching the 'generic' fantasy world in a mystic forest with super-sized spiders and elves.

I also found Jade Empire quite good. The storyline wasn't amazing and the backstory wasn't anywhere near Mass Effect. You could easily predict the ending after playing the first 30minutes of the game, but it was still quite interesting and unique, just like ME.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

Mass Effect has the best character models for sure, but other things graphically, not. KotOR has far beautiful scenery and the texture bit is as usual standard now in PC graphics.

compared to other Bioware works, I also think it's the worst, and yes, worse than Jade Empire. ME wins in graphic and combat system but JE wins in sidequest desigins and main storyline. since we're talking about RPGs, JE wins.

btw, when a game looks and sounds like a blockbuster movie, that spells mediority. we need get pass hundreds of grabage to get one The Dark Knight. ME is no TDK of PC games, it's one of those brainless and pretenious Hollywood movies.

Game dev. could do much better than mediore hollywood people; Torment tells a story like the best narrative film, and Max Payne the game is much better produced and written than Max Payne the movie.

But of course if consolization is the trend, go ahead and assimilate PC games to Hollywood cliche!

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 naval

[QUOTE="naval"][QUOTE="Hellboard"] never heard of jade empire?Swiftstrike5

I thought they did really well. A lot of different races, but it was interesting to learn about the 3 races that became dominate (and the struggles of the lesser races). It was much more refreshing than searching the 'generic' fantasy world in a mystic forest with super-sized spiders and elves.

I also found Jade Empire quite good. The storyline wasn't amazing and the backstory wasn't anywhere near Mass Effect. You could easily predict the ending after playing the first 30minutes of the game, but it was still quite interesting and unique, just like ME.

well the problem was the everything was pretty predictable .. consider the three main races - one warrior, one wise and one intelligent .... then some sentient machine villians. then there was a barbaric kind of race and then the nomad race etc - basically standard sci-fi cliches. Storyline was again generic with the "ancient evil" has awaken stuff and you are the chosen one and pretty reminiscent of NWN etc
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

...- basically standard sci-fi cliches. naval

more, military cliches in storyline; those self-righteous, hollywoodish battle speeches/locker room talks speak loudly of this game: painfully prentenious and shallow.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts
I generally agree, although I don't think it was a bad game. Graphically, I wasn't nearly as impressed as many are here. Some of the graphics were downright horrible. Really it was a mixed bag visually. But not near impressive enough to create a thread about how "beautiful" it is.
mayforcebeyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mayforcebeyou
Member since 2007 • 2703 Posts
that game's awesome
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
I love the grain they added, just like the grain that was added in L4D.. The only problem I had with it graphics wise, is the enviroment was alittle too sterile but that might be what they wanted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="Sordidus"]Mass Effect it's, in my opinion, the worst game from Bioware and a huge disapointment for me...Qixote
I generally agree, although I don't think it was a bad game. Graphically, I wasn't nearly as impressed as many are here. Some of the graphics were downright horrible. Really it was a mixed bag visually. But not near impressive enough to create a thread about how "beautiful" it is.

Neverwinter Nights single player wise was worse imo. What about Jade Empire? I havn't played it my self but alot of people despised that game.
johnny27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 johnny27
Member since 2006 • 4400 Posts
so what about l4d film grain does it look better with it off? personally i feel it adds to the whole immersion factor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59d151f079814

[QUOTE="naval"]...- basically standard sci-fi cliches. teardropmina

more, military cliches in storyline; those self-righteous, hollywoodish battle speeches/locker room talks speak loudly of this game: painfully prentenious and shallow.

Could you please point out what rpg game doesn't fall into cliches? Even KOTOR, who many believed was Biowares best had numerous cliches.. Hell Baldur's Gate 2 had a slew of cliches as well..
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 naval
[QUOTE="teardropmina"]

[QUOTE="naval"]...- basically standard sci-fi cliches. sSubZerOo

Could you please point out what rpg game doesn't fall into cliches? Even KOTOR, who many believed was Biowares best had numerous cliches.. Hell Baldur's Gate 2 had a slew of cliches as well..

Having cliches here and there is nothing bad but on the other being nothing but cliched (a bit of exaggeration here) is different. And yeah don't consider KOTOR to be Bioware's best game either
slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts
I agree. Unfortunate that the game lacked any real depth. I really expected more from BioWare on that one.