good fps games like cod?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts

So I have come to the conclusion that, though I do have a lot of pc games, I lack a solid fps multiplayer game.. I own bad company 2, counter-strke and tf2.. those are all really fun and all but I'm looking for a modern shooter like cod. where i can just go in play a quick match that doesn't last like 20 minutes. I've been really considering buying a cod game either mw, mw2, or waw.. I own all of em on my 360 but i just don't like playing them on a console.. are there any games like cod out there with a good player base? it doesn't really need to be modern but just a more arcadey type of fps.. Ive almost bought mw2 again for pc but I just can't justify spending another 60 bucks for it..

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Battlefield 2.

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SLUSHiNaToR
I do own that game, but punkbuster always kicks me out of every game for my video card driver.. lol. don't ask cause i really don't know.. haha.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I do own that game, but punkbuster always kicks me out of every game for my video card driver.. lol. don't ask cause i really don't know.. haha. SLUSHiNaToR

Well damn.. Anyway, do you really need a multiplayer FPS similar to mw2? I could mention Unreal Tournament 2004, which has a big comunity playing, tons of maps, many game-modes, vehicules, etc. Would be nice to give it a try, its extremely fun and has good graphics if you rank them up.

You could try UT3.. but i consider the gameplay on UT2004 superiour in every way. :P

SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SLUSHiNaToR
I own both ut3 and ut2004.. theres no one on ut3 and though I like ut2004 Im looking more for a more modern shooter.. also, i think i wanted to play ut2004, but i think i also had an issue with that game as well believe it or not.. ill boot it up to see..
alexlmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 alexlmt
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts
Well you can give Urban Terror a try, think of it as a Quake/CS hybrid. I find it better than the MW games myself.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I do own that game, but punkbuster always kicks me out of every game for my video card driver.. lol. don't ask cause i really don't know.. haha. SLUSHiNaToR
Does that with me, I gave up on it :P

deathshand707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deathshand707
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

have you tried updating your video card drivers, and updating punkbuster manually(I had to do this a lot when I played)

Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts

What was the freeware game developed that's really similar to MW2? I think it was made by an asian dev if that helps

**EDIT It's AVA

megatroneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 megatroneo
Member since 2010 • 115 Posts

I own bad company 2, counter-strke and tf2.. those are all really fun and all but I'm looking for a modern shooter like cod.

SLUSHiNaToR

BC2 is the most modern shooter available...

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Cod isnt good so i cant reccomend anything besides more cod

mauiboynokaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 mauiboynokaoi
Member since 2009 • 175 Posts

Alliance of Valliant Arms. A lot of people say it looks and feels much like CoD even though I feel that the gameplay is totally different. It's F2P from a company called "Ijji" so you don't have to spend any money.

EDIT: Also just so you know, right now the player base isn't that large (mainly intermediate/pros) so it might not be that great for newer players. Well on the West server anyway. IDK about the East.