Good 20 dollar game on steam.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Lilgunney612
Member since 2005 • 1878 Posts

I once again am in a bind.. My new video card is supposed to arrive tommotor or monday, so i need a good 20 dollar game off of steam that will burn up a couple of days while i wait. I was looking at call of juarez, but i am afraid it will be too short or the stealth missions will be too boring (i really.. REALLY dont care for stealth games). Then there was titan quest.. i played it about a year ago before the CD scratched up and i remember i didnt partivularly care for it. Are there any other good games on steam that are 20 bucks USD or less?

edit - TF2, portal or counterstrike game is out of the question.. Played them to death.

Avatar image for mechwarrior_bob
mechwarrior_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 mechwarrior_bob
Member since 2006 • 1789 Posts
I'd recommend CoH/DoW...hmmm...sorry to say but I'm getting the Titan Quest Gold Edition :P in 2 days :) I can't really think of any others there's that Audio game...can't remeber title atm :?
Poster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Poster_11
Member since 2003 • 438 Posts
Yeah i would say get CoH *even-tho the steam version is stupid for updating... but any-who other then that how about Day of Defeat?
Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lilgunney612

Yeah i would say get CoH *even-tho the steam version is stupid for updating... but any-who other then that how about Day of Defeat?Poster_11

Heh, the funny thing is, i am already getting company of heroes free with my video card :P

Pretty much any multiplayer game wont do to be honest.. CoD4 stil has me addicted.

Poster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Poster_11
the audio one your thinking of is audiosurf i believe
Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lilgunney612

the audio one your thinking of is audiosurf i believePoster_11
\

yeah, i have that one.. Its pretty good when you are waiting on something but not a long lasting game.

pretty much the only reason i am asking what game to get is because half the games i already do own are unplayible unless i get a new video card. Such as bioshock, crysis, two worlds, the witcher, Mass effect,exc.

fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fireandcloud
Member since 2005 • 5118 Posts
day of defeat: source is very, very interesting. and only $10! stalker's also very good, if you haven't played it before. prey's also pretty good. and sam & max season 1 (not sure how much that is, though).
Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lilgunney612

day of defeat: source is very, very interesting. and only $10! stalker's also very good, if you haven't played it before. prey's also pretty good. and sam & max season 1 (not sure how much that is, though).fireandcloud

i played day of defeat a bit back when i owned it (long story) but i dont think it will last very long. I have cod4 for an online game so i dont think there is need to get another online shooter. Also played prey, got about half way then i lost is (again, long story completely related to DoD:S).

claytoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 claytoma
Member since 2002 • 1508 Posts
Titan Quest gold is a steal at $20 dollars. Fun and beautiful sum the game and its expansion up nicely.
Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lilgunney612

So far i have

Call of juarez (looks likke it has a story i would be interested in)

Rainbow 6 vegas (worried about how it will run on my PC.. then again i am worried about Call of Juarez too)

Titan quest (kinda iffy on it, last time i played it i couldnt get into the game at all, might just be because i was a lower level)

that are possibilities.. Any more?

Poster_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Poster_11
Stalker then dude its buggy i mean has lots of bugs but the game all together is still really fun
ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts

Civilization 4 my friend, easily the best turn-based strategy game ever made. Read the review on Gamespot and DL the demo.

Online mode is hellafun.

ILostOnJeprody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ILostOnJeprody
Member since 2005 • 338 Posts
Yeah, if STALKER can run on your computer, it is a very good option, although it might consume you for longer than just a few days.
Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lilgunney612

Civilization 4 my friend, easily the best turn-based strategy game ever made. Read the review on Gamespot and DL the demo.

Online mode is hellafun.

ice144

Ill try out the demo.. Not quite sure about it but i hear its pretty good.

I also already have stalker, i am in the middle of beating it but would like to hold off until i get the video card before i play it again.. I want to experience all it has to offer so i can enjoy it even more.

ice144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ice144
Member since 2005 • 3350 Posts
[QUOTE="ice144"]

Online mode is hellafun.

Lilgunney612

I also already have stalker, i am in the middle of beating it but would like to hold off until i get the video card before i play it again.. I want to experience all it has to offer so i can enjoy it even more.

A warning though...it can be EXTREMELY addicting, doesnt matter if you're playing online or not, they're both equally addicting...just thought I'd tell you that.

Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lilgunney612
[QUOTE="Lilgunney612"][QUOTE="ice144"]

Online mode is hellafun.

ice144

A warning though...it can be EXTREMELY addicting, doesnt matter if you're playing online or not, they're both equally addicting...just thought I'd tell you that.

Finished downloading and installing now.. Hope your right :P

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
Psychonauts.
Lilgunney612

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lilgunney612
Ok, finished the civ4 demo but i am still unsure if i want to spend 20 bucks on it.. I felt as if time was moving by way too fast in the demo. Before i knew it it was already close to 1AD. and for some reason i couldnt get any copper or iron :/
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

titan quest

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Titan Quest Gold

Crazy Machines 2

Call of Duty 2 :D it's still good even though you LOVE CoD 4 :)

and for only 30$ you can get the GTA Collection :D