Ghosts just became AWESOME !!!

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

Remember when these forums were not full of assholes?

No, assholes have been recommending objectively poorly made games to unsuspecting gamers around here forever. Thankfully some people are trying to solve that problem.

You mean like when you had a hissy fit because people dare like the new Star Trek movies? Newsflash dude...one man's trash is another's treasure. It is called opinion, perspective, point of view, and a multitude of other things it could be called to get it through your thick skull. When someone thinks a game is great and wants to share that opinion they should be able to without someone like you trashing them. I know it is crazy to just criticize a game and why it is not for you rather than discrediting someone else who likes it, but try it some time.

Zzz...I liked the new Star Trek movies. Alzheimers much? I saw Star Trek 2009 in theaters 3 times. If you can't handle differing opinions than yours, you can always go into a corner and cry about it. The worst thing I called Felipe was a nutty CoD fanboy who lacks common sense. And I proved he's exactly that with articulate points. Yet I've seen no effort to defend these points, only people eluding them.

This is a forum, expect differing opinions genius. Felipe is allowed to have his fanboy opinion, and everyone else is allowed to have their opinions. It's up to everyone else to decide who's opinion relies on substantial things and who's opinion relies on unsubstantial things. Most people think CoD fanboys are nuts, so this isn't exactly something new.

Besides, I'm not picking out subjective things. I'm picking out objective problems with the game. Maybe you should learn the difference? Like I said, I wasn't aware there are people with a taste for broken games...

I answered all your points and even agreed on some of them, so I have no idea what ur on about.

It's pretty simple really:

- Me liking a game and explaining some new features to other fans of a game does NOT make me a fanboy

- You coming into the thread and bashing something I wasn't even talking about in the first place makes you what? Troll? Hater?

The initial topic was the new modes with Ghosts, that is all I talked about. I even mentioned the performance issues and that the patch improved them. You're the one who derailed the whole thread with all your hating on COD and hating on people who enjoy COD. Need to grow up a bit matey.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 FelipeInside

@lostrib said:

no, there are not patch notes up. Thats what i mean about the developers lack of communication with the community. Or the FOV fix which they have been cool with in the past but now they force the guy to take it down. And never give a clear answer on FPS limit or FOV changes. Just because it offers more variety, does not make it better, especially if the added parts aren't very good, nor will it mean the game will last longer. For example, MW3 and BLOPS 2 MP have 11k and 13k max concurrent users. BF3 (same age as MW3) has 25K players atm (BF3 stats doesn't show max for the day). And worse is the COD games are using matchmaking (P2P in the case of MW3) so as the player count decreases it takes longer and longer to find a game, and you wont even know the connection until you join.

Well personally I never read patch notes, lol.... but I can confirm this patch was to fix the performance and stability issues and it did for the majority of the game (I've physically seen this improvement at home, at work, and on two of my friends PCs at work). Like I said before though, it still has a way to go but at least it's now playable.

As for other things, I agree with you. It should have Theatre mode at launch, it should have FOV at launch (although I never change it and looks like more and more games tend to leave it out these days), heck....it even should have the Ping Indicator at launch (I'm bewildered as to why they took it out).

All in all, so far as a PACKAGE, Ghosts isn't better than MW1/2 or Blops2, but personally I think it's better than Blops1 and MW3.

My initial post was just to make people aware of this and what new modes it brought. Shame the "cool" kids decided to go on yet another COD hating rampage, sigh.....

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@lostrib said:

no, there are not patch notes up. Thats what i mean about the developers lack of communication with the community. Or the FOV fix which they have been cool with in the past but now they force the guy to take it down. And never give a clear answer on FPS limit or FOV changes. Just because it offers more variety, does not make it better, especially if the added parts aren't very good, nor will it mean the game will last longer. For example, MW3 and BLOPS 2 MP have 11k and 13k max concurrent users. BF3 (same age as MW3) has 25K players atm (BF3 stats doesn't show max for the day). And worse is the COD games are using matchmaking (P2P in the case of MW3) so as the player count decreases it takes longer and longer to find a game, and you wont even know the connection until you join.

Well personally I never read patch notes, lol.... but I can confirm this patch was to fix the performance and stability issues and it did for the majority of the game (I've physically seen this improvement at home, at work, and on two of my friends PCs at work). Like I said before though, it still has a way to go but at least it's now playable.

As for other things, I agree with you. It should have Theatre mode at launch, it should have FOV at launch (although I never change it and looks like more and more games tend to leave it out these days), heck....it even should have the Ping Indicator at launch (I'm bewildered as to why they took it out).

All in all, so far as a PACKAGE, Ghosts isn't better than MW1/2 or Blops2, but personally I think it's better than Blops1 and MW3.

My initial post was just to make people aware of this and what new modes it brought. Shame the "cool" kids decided to go on yet another COD hating rampage, sigh.....

how can you confirm something that they didn't release info on?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By FelipeInside

@lostrib said:

@FelipeInside said:

@lostrib said:

ehhh.... by using my eyes?

On 4 different PCs like I mentioned, the game was nearly unplayable at launch. Performance on the FPS, crashes to desktop, host disconnecting, excessive lag etc.

They brought out the patch, these 4 PCs now run the game a lot more smoother and more stable, so it's pretty obvious what the patch did, I don't need a release note to see how it has improved it.

But like I said before, it's no the end, more work needs to be done (for example some ironsights still have lag when you activate them).

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 lostrib

@FelipeInside said:

@lostrib said:

@FelipeInside said:

@lostrib said:

ehhh.... by using my eyes?

On 4 different PCs like I mentioned, the game was nearly unplayable at launch. Performance on the FPS, crashes to desktop, host disconnecting, excessive lag etc.

They brought out the patch, these 4 PCs now run the game a lot more smoother and more stable, so it's pretty obvious what the patch did, I don't need a release note to see how it has improved it.

But like I said before, it's no the end, more work needs to be done (for example some ironsights still have lag when you activate them).

That's anecdotal. Not direct confirmation of what the patch actually does. But they still have lots to do with performance, the game is freaking locked to 91fps but offers 120hz support (wtf?). and the god awful netcode. And i can't find a straight answer anywhere if the damn dedicated servers are up. And for some reason the default max ping is 800ms in the cfg, not that you can tell your connection strength since you can;t see your damn ping. One new game mode, does not make COD Ghosts "awesome"

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 FelipeInside

@lostrib said:

That's anecdotal. Not direct confirmation of what the patch actually does. But they still have lots to do with performance, the game is freaking locked to 91fps but offers 120hz support (wtf?). and the god awful netcode. And i can't find a straight answer anywhere if the damn dedicated servers are up. And for some reason the default max ping is 800ms in the cfg, not that you can tell your connection strength since you can;t see your damn ping. One new game mode, does not make COD Ghosts "awesome"

Well, call it whatever name. The patch addressed performance and stability issues and fixed most of them, fact (with or without release note).

As for the 800ms, you can change it on the config file using this guide:

Finally, a ping-fix for Ghosts multiplayer appears to have been discovered, courtesy of charliebrownau. The matchmaking has a habit of throwing you on high-ping servers, but with a bit of file-tweaking, you can reduce the chances of this happening.

• Exit COD GHOST PC
  • With notepad or your fav text editor
  • Open this file \Call of Duty Ghosts\players2\config_mp.cfg
  • For me it was in D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\\Call of Duty Ghosts\
  • change seta cl_maxPing “800″ to seta cl_maxPing “150″
  • Exit text editor
  • Restart COD GHOST PC
  • Search for a game with lower ping , if you cant find games
  • increase to 200 instead of 150
  • Tip: Might be a good idea to make a backup copy of the config_mp.cfg file before changing it

Maybe "awesome" was too much a word, but I am really enjoying the new Squads Mode which works like a light RPG. I'm actually enjoying it more than the MP.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By lostrib

@FelipeInside said:

@lostrib said:

Well, call it whatever name. The patch addressed performance and stability issues and fixed most of them, fact (with or without release note).

As for the 800ms, you can change it on the config file using this guide:

Finally, a ping-fix for Ghosts multiplayer appears to have been discovered, courtesy of charliebrownau. The matchmaking has a habit of throwing you on high-ping servers, but with a bit of file-tweaking, you can reduce the chances of this happening.

• Exit COD GHOST PC
  • With notepad or your fav text editor
  • Open this file \Call of Duty Ghosts\players2\config_mp.cfg
  • For me it was in D:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\\Call of Duty Ghosts\
  • change seta cl_maxPing “800″ to seta cl_maxPing “150″
  • Exit text editor
  • Restart COD GHOST PC
  • Search for a game with lower ping , if you cant find games
  • increase to 200 instead of 150
  • Tip: Might be a good idea to make a backup copy of the config_mp.cfg file before changing it

Maybe "awesome" was too much a word, but I am really enjoying the new Squads Mode which works like a light RPG. I'm actually enjoying it more than the MP.

i've already done it. Even though there is a big warning to not alter the settings. also changed the CPU priority to normal, which is supposed to help stuttering and mouse accel

The point being, that it shouldn't even be necessary. Heck BLOPS2 even had a basic search filter for matchmaking

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By FelipeInside

@lostrib said:

i've already done it. Even though there is a big warning to not alter the settings. also changed the CPU priority to normal, which is supposed to help stuttering and mouse accel

The point being, that it shouldn't even be necessary. Heck BLOPS2 even had a basic search filter for matchmaking

I agree. Things like ping search and ping status should be there by default.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/this-is-why-our-call-of-duty-ghosts-performance-analysis-is-postponed/

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/call-of-duty-ghosts-fov-taken-down-after-activision-threats-new-behind-the-scene-video-released/

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Jebus213

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@supertrooper23 said:
@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary.

They must be getting their tactics from Apple.....hahahahahhahahaha

which only work on brain dead fanboys like yourself.

keep enjoying your same crap year in year out kinda game though.

Someone likes a game = must be a fanboy.

Good theory there "Sherlock".

Certainly takes some balls to defend ghosts at this point

Let me guess, you don't have the game?

Give me a good reason why any sane PC gamer would buy such trash?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By FelipeInside

@Jebus213 said:

Give me a good reason why I should even respond to your troll posts?

Did you do those drawings? oh they are so cute.... but you need to do a Photoshop class cause Paint is just for kids.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Jebus213
@FelipeInside said:

@Jebus213 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@supertrooper23 said:
@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

they announce a feature and they make it sound like it's revolutionary.

They must be getting their tactics from Apple.....hahahahahhahahaha

which only work on brain dead fanboys like yourself.

keep enjoying your same crap year in year out kinda game though.

Someone likes a game = must be a fanboy.

Good theory there "Sherlock".

Certainly takes some balls to defend ghosts at this point

Let me guess, you don't have the game?

Give me a good reason why I shouldn't even respond to your troll posts?

I'm the one trolling? No, no, that would be you sir. If you are a sir.....or human.

I'll give you a cookie if you prove to me that this game isn't trash.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By FelipeInside

@Jebus213 said:

I'm the one trolling? No, no, that would be you sir. If you are a sir.....or human.

How am I trolling when I'm explaining the new features in the new COD?

And by explaining I mean talking to the fans of the series, not the "cool" haters like yourself. So please move onto the next hate wagon you fell from.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Jebus213

@FelipeInside said:

@Jebus213 said:

And by explaining I mean talking to the fans of the series, not the "cool" haters like yourself. So please move onto the next hate wagon you fell from.

Sorry, these "new" features don't outweigh the negatives.

I'm a "cool" hater for posting facts.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Jebus213
@FelipeInside said:

Did you do those drawings? oh they are so cute.... but you need to do a Photoshop class cause Paint is just for kids.

This guy^

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 FelipeInside

@Jebus213 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Jebus213 said:

Coming from the guy that always has an ArmA sig, cause that game NEVER had bugs or performance issues...right? RIGHT?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Jebus213
@FelipeInside said:

@Jebus213 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Jebus213 said:

Coming from the guy that always has an ArmA sig, cause that game NEVER had bugs or performance issues...right? RIGHT?

The difference between me and you is that I can actually acknowledge the bad things about the games I like and not let it go because of "new features."

What's funny is that I actually had Arma 2 bugs in my sig.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

CoD is a console game, now. If you want longevity you play Battlefield.

Longevity? lol.

You do realize that COD has more content available than BF right? And you complain so much about the COD engine yet how many problems did BF3 AND BF4 have at launch? (and still have).

I like both series and have season passes to both series, so I don't know why you call me fanboy, but at least I admit the problems of each one, not just the one you hate like you do.

Yes, longevity. Do you not understand the word? More people play Battlefield on the PC for longer than those do with CoD on the PC. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

Oh man, they added a few more modes! Not hard to do when your maps are like little sandboxes. Meanwhile, BF4 maps are huge and FAR more detailed than anything CoD has been able to do.

You're trying to defend a game that's indefensible! That's why you're a fanboy.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 FelipeInside

@Jebus213 said:

The difference between me and you is that I can actually acknowledge the bad things about the games I like and not let it go because of "new features."

Wrong again, difference between you and I is that I'm not a troll like you. I acknowledge when a game has positives and negatives, yet I enjoy them for their positives, not cry in a sad corner for the negatives that can be fixed. All you do is troll the forums hating on everything.

And that uses up all your freebies for this week. If you want me to keep responding to your posts either say something worth replying to or go on your merry way.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By FelipeInside

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

And troll number 2 appears.... they must of let you two out of the cages today. Oh well....

(btw, have you had those reading classes yet? cause you still fail to read all my posts correctly, but I guess that's what trolls do)

Here's what happens on the forums these days with a bunch like you (really sad that you have ruined what used to be such a great place to hang out):

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Jebus213
@FelipeInside said:

@Jebus213 said:

Wrong again, difference between you and I is that I'm not a troll like you. I acknowledge when a game has positives and negatives, yet I enjoy them for their positives, not cry in a sad corner for the negatives that can be fixed. All you do is troll the forums hating on everything.

And that uses up all your freebies for this week. If you want me to keep responding to your posts either say something worth replying to or go on your merry way.

Calling me a troll because you lost an argument?

You're making this true- "But's it's just released! They'll patch it!". And you missed the part where I said "The negatives outweigh the positives."

Can you give me a valid reason why the game has been released in such a poor state on PC?

Can you actually prove to me that Infinity Ward will actually take the time or even care enough to fix most of these negatives this time around?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Jebus213

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

@FelipeInside said:

@airshocker said:

And troll number 2 appears.... they must of let you two out of the cages today. Oh well....

(btw, have you had those reading classes yet? cause you still fail to read all my posts correctly, but I guess that's what trolls do)

Here's what happens on the forums these days with a bunch like you (really sad that you have ruined what used to be such a great place to hang out):

So we're trolls because we think your opinion is shit and so is your thread?

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#123  Edited By klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Ghost is just a horrible PC port, which shows how much Infinity Wards care about their PC fanbase. Some of the issues that existed in MW3 PC version still exists in Ghost. Treyarch at least listen to their community and Black Ops 2 was probably one of Treyarch's best games ported to PC.

If you compare Ghost to Black Ops 2, everything is kind of a step backwards. The optimization is horrible, extinction mode isn't that fleshed out compare to zombie mode in Black Ops 2, no FOV changer, single player is dull compared to Black Ops 2 campaign which offered multiple endings, creative new gameplay changes, choosing side missions and loadouts, etc.

I was not surprise when Activision admitted they sold less copies of Ghost on launch day compared to Black Ops 2. You could see the fanbase is slowly getting "CoD fatigued".

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Jebus213

@klusps said:

Ghost is just a horrible PC port, which shows how much Infinity Wards care about their PC fanbase. Some of the issues that existed in MW3 PC version still exists in Ghost. Treyarch at least listen to their community and Black Ops 2 was probably one of their best games ported to PC.

If you compare Ghost to Black Ops 2, everything is kind of a step backwards. The optimization is horrible, extinction mode isn't that fleshed out compare to zombie mode in Black Ops 2, no FOV changer, single player is dull compared to Black Ops 2 campaign which offered multiple endings, creative new gameplay changes, choosing side missions and loadouts, etc.

I was not surprise when Activision admitted they sold less copies of Ghost on launch day compared to Black Ops 2. You could see the fanbase is slowly getting "CoD fatigued".

But more features guys!!!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 FelipeInside

@klusps said:

Ghost is just a horrible PC port, which shows how much Infinity Wards care about their PC fanbase. Some of the issues that existed in MW3 PC version still exists in Ghost. Treyarch at least listen to their community and Black Ops 2 was probably one of their best games ported to PC.

I agree. They should have made Ghosts but not cut out any of the good things Blops2 had (like Theatre Mode for example).

Some of the new modes are great, like Squads and Clan vs Clan, but in other parts it takes a step backwards like I mentioned on the last sentence.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#126  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

No, assholes have been recommending objectively poorly made games to unsuspecting gamers around here forever. Thankfully some people are trying to solve that problem.

You mean like when you had a hissy fit because people dare like the new Star Trek movies? Newsflash dude...one man's trash is another's treasure. It is called opinion, perspective, point of view, and a multitude of other things it could be called to get it through your thick skull. When someone thinks a game is great and wants to share that opinion they should be able to without someone like you trashing them. I know it is crazy to just criticize a game and why it is not for you rather than discrediting someone else who likes it, but try it some time.

Zzz...I liked the new Star Trek movies. Alzheimers much? I saw Star Trek 2009 in theaters 3 times. If you can't handle differing opinions than yours, you can always go into a corner and cry about it. The worst thing I called Felipe was a nutty CoD fanboy who lacks common sense. And I proved he's exactly that with articulate points. Yet I've seen no effort to defend these points, only people eluding them.

This is a forum, expect differing opinions genius. Felipe is allowed to have his fanboy opinion, and everyone else is allowed to have their opinions. It's up to everyone else to decide who's opinion relies on substantial things and who's opinion relies on unsubstantial things. Most people think CoD fanboys are nuts, so this isn't exactly something new.

Besides, I'm not picking out subjective things. I'm picking out objective problems with the game. Maybe you should learn the difference? Like I said, I wasn't aware there are people with a taste for broken games...

Revisionist history ftw. I can't handle differing opinions? rofl irony. Your entire existence in this thread is a contradiction to handling a different opinion. The worst thing you called him was "a nutty CoD fanboy with no common sense"?? Are you serious? This is the problem, you don't even know you were insulting him lol. If that isn't a sign of an asshole I don't know what is. I don't give two shits about what you have to say about the game, my issue is not with your opinion on the game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 FelipeInside

@vfibsux said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Revisionist history ftw. I can't handle differing opinions? rofl irony. Your entire existence in this thread is a contradiction to handling a different opinion. The worst thing you called him was "a nutty CoD fanboy with no common sense"?? Are you serious? This is the problem, you don't even know you were insulting him lol. If that isn't a sign of an asshole I don't know what is. I don't give two shits about what you have to say about the game, my issue is not with your opinion on the game.

Let him, OutofAirShocker and HolyJebus be dude....it's not really worth it.

Heck, I'm ashamed to say I even responded to them in the first place. They live a sad life where they need to insult random people on the internet that don't share their own opinion, for the sole purpose of justifying their breathing.

Best is to ignore from now on if you can (I know it's hard sometimes trust me). Like I said before, it's a shame people like them have ruined these forums.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

I am serious. Calling someone a fanboy who lacks common sense is not much of an insult. Are you a baby or something? Is he a CoD fanboy? Yes, he's self admittedly a fanboy. Is he nutty? Yes, he thinks a $200 card running a game @ 60 FPS is worse optimization than a $1k card running a game @ 56 FPS. If you don't understand why it's nutty - take it to the HW forums and someone can explain it to you. Does he lack common sense? You guys be the judge...many of you have been here as long as I have.

Anyways, I'm sorry you can't handle any ribbing without feeling the need to call people "asshole". I'm just telling things how they are. I actually try to back up what I say with facts. You just make random allusions to Star Trek and then claim "revisionist history". It's boring and offers no substantial argument. You might as well just be flinging insults. Literally all you and Felipe have been doing is eluding my points and crying.

Fact of the matter is that Felipe doesn't share my enthusiasm for well-built and well-cared for things. CoD: Ghosts isn't one of those well-built and well-cared for things. Can something be "OMG AWESOME" without being well-cared for and well-built? I say no. Felipe says yes. And that's pretty much the extent of this argument. If Felipe wants to support an industry of shoddily built games - he can handle the ribbing that comes with it.

Sorry if some of us think the word "awesome" better applies to games that were actually well-made. Go figure. Of course, you'll continue to cry about it because it's not in agreement with your opinion.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

@KHAndAnime said:

@vfibsux said:

I answered all your points and even agreed on some of them, so I have no idea what ur on about.

It's pretty simple really:

- Me liking a game and explaining some new features to other fans of a game does NOT make me a fanboy

- You coming into the thread and bashing something I wasn't even talking about in the first place makes you what? Troll? Hater?

The initial topic was the new modes with Ghosts, that is all I talked about. I even mentioned the performance issues and that the patch improved them. You're the one who derailed the whole thread with all your hating on COD and hating on people who enjoy COD. Need to grow up a bit matey.

Dude. In your first sentence in this thread you said you are a huge fan of CoD and play it religiously. And you're trying to claim to not be a huge fan (AKA fanboy)? You don't even know what you're posting about anymore - you're just trying to be argumentative for the sake.

I'm sorry Felipe, but forums don't work that way. You don't get to come in here, advertise a game saying "ITS AWESOME AND DIFFERENT SO GO PLAY IT", and expect no discussion about how it isn't awesome and why it shouldn't be played. If you want a CoD bro-fist thread, you might have better luck elsewhere. You need to grow up and realize that talking negatively about the game of subject isn't thread derailment. You crying about it and insinuating everyone is a jerkis a thread derailment.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 FelipeInside

Hey KH, read the sentence right after the one u just quoted me on.

Guess u have selected reading.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#131 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Yeah I don't get why calling someone a "fanboy" of a game is so bad. If you are proud of being a fan of a game and you play it religiously, then you are kinda a fanboy. So accept it.. and be proud of it unless you aren't a fan? I'm confused. But seriously, his comment wasn't even that bad. But you guys go on with multiple posts trying to play psychiatrist like he murdered his dog. Seriously, people on here talk about differing opinions and try to act like they are saints and they can't even take an opinion themselves. Then they go on bashing others in the same way. Way to be a role model.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 FelipeInside

There's a difference Elann. I don't care what if i get called a fanboy, but when ive people derail threads or don't even read my posts and put words in my mouth and blame it on my fanboyism then that's wrong Imo.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By KHAndAnime

@FelipeInside said:

Hey KH, read the sentence right after the one u just quoted me on.

Guess u have selected reading.

Sentence after the one I quoted you on

Ghosts released and the following things happened:

....?

Are you just admitting that you've been fucking with us this whole time?

EDIT: Whatever, I don't really care, this thread is getting boring for me and it's just wasting time and space. I wasn't trying to create this huge clusterfuck. I was just trying to make the simple point that "Ghosts" and "Awesome" doesn't belong in the same sentence (anywhere), until the developers have proved to us that we're more than ignorant cows to be milked for cash. If you disagree, then fine. Not everyone cares about technical stuff behind the workings of a game. But any time this game is being discussed, someone should be made well aware that we're not talking about any normal PC game, but one that is barely playable by the standards set by the platform. Even if it has that a couple of extra meta-games or game modes that you might enjoy. I actually really enjoy CoD games, I just think it's dead-wrong to praise the game without pointing out the absolute dismality surrounding that game's optimization. You brush it off as if it's not even bad enough to warrant acknowledging (and compare it to Ghosts, which was fine in comparison). But whatever, I'm not here to run your thoughts, just give you new ones to think about.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#134 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

There's a difference Elann. I don't care what if i get called a fanboy, but when ive people derail threads or don't even read my posts and put words in my mouth and blame it on my fanboyism then that's wrong Imo.

You guys are better than that. I'm just sayin'. Unless I've been mislead to believe otherwise.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 FelipeInside

@elann: ah righto, i read ur post wrong. Yeah, we are better than that and sadly I let myself get to their level.

@KH: sigh....read my first post again, like 5 times so u understand it for once. I said even me, the great Cod fanboy as u labelled me, was getting tired of the same formula, so these new additions were good, and that's why i creates the topic. Yet you just concentrated on one word.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 FelipeInside

@khandanime

barely playable? Lol... Do u even own the game? Cause if u don't then stop posting cause i played an hour and a half today without a single major issue.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 KHAndAnime
@FelipeInside said:

@elann: ah righto, i read ur post wrong. Yeah, we are better than that and sadly I let myself get to their level.

@KH: sigh....read my first post again, like 5 times so u understand it for once. I said even me, the great Cod fanboy as u labelled me, was getting tired of the same formula, so these new additions were good, and that's why i creates the topic. Yet you just concentrated on one word.

That's the same sentence my man. I'm glad you're enjoying the new additions - I hope the next CoD game is made well enough that I can consider purchasing it. CoD used to be a respectable franchise.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#138  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

ITT: Buyer's remorse

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@ZombieKiller7 said:

Yearly rehash comes to the PC and some swallow it up just like DRM

"mmmmMMMMm that's gooooood"

Console chodes with better hardware.

Why do people always use the "yearly rehash" excuse?

You probably watch some TV show which comes out weekly and is basically the same every week. You probably eat some specific food more than once a month. You probably go to the gym or something similar more than once a week.

It's called doing something you enjoy.

Who cares if it comes out weekly, monthly or yearly. I waited 12 years for Diablo3 and it didn't turn out to be anything special, yet I wait one year for the next COD and it still a fun game to play with my friends, on top of a long campaign and co-op modes.

But I guess I'm not cool cause I don't hate on Big Titles like the forum cool boys do.

Oh well, I would rather enjoy gaming, my bad...

1. Players enjoys Game X

2. Instead of making releases when the game is significantly different, devs release the same game with different themes. CoD, CoD black ops, CoD ghost ops, COD infitrator, CoD ninja123 to exploit the way online communities work and turn online gaming into an "MMORPG" pay per month scheme. Instead of putting out patches and tweaks to improve the original game, and optimzing it, they just release the same game with different maps, themes and skins.

3. This works on console communities because you're generally dealing with a more casual, less informed crowd.

4. One can say "So what, I enjoy it" and that's fine BUT realize that by rewarding this behavior financially, you are creating more copycats like Activision to ruin the BF series by doing the same thing. People used to play BF2 for 4-5 years on and off. And then they release BF3. And then it turns into a yearly rehash like CoD with a new BF4 BF5 BF6 BF7 every fucking year, map packs, and so on.

5. By rewarding this behavior financially, you're shitting where you eat.

Just by 2 cents

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By FelipeInside

@wis3boi said:

ITT: Buyer's remorse

How can I have buyer's remorse if since launch I already have 15 hours of gameplay? And still play it with my friends or alone (Squads) when I get some spare time?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By FelipeInside

@ZombieKiller7 said:

1. Players enjoys Game X

2. Instead of making releases when the game is significantly different, devs release the same game with different themes. CoD, CoD black ops, CoD ghost ops, COD infitrator, CoD ninja123 to exploit the way online communities work and turn online gaming into an "MMORPG" pay per month scheme. Instead of putting out patches and tweaks to improve the original game, and optimzing it, they just release the same game with different maps, themes and skins.

3. This works on console communities because you're generally dealing with a more casual, less informed crowd.

4. One can say "So what, I enjoy it" and that's fine BUT realize that by rewarding this behavior financially, you are creating more copycats like Activision to ruin the BF series by doing the same thing. People used to play BF2 for 4-5 years on and off. And then they release BF3. And then it turns into a yearly rehash like CoD with a new BF4 BF5 BF6 BF7 every fucking year, map packs, and so on.

5. By rewarding this behavior financially, you're shitting where you eat.

Just by 2 cents

- BF4 to me is different than BF3. I couldn't get into BF3, I bought it...tried to play it.... and then just uninstalled it. BF4 I'm enjoying a lot more, especially playing with friends.

- COD is the same, to the outside world they see it has guns so they automatically think "oh, it's copy and paste", but go play COD4 and then Blops2 and tell me they are the same game. They are not.

- The industry is the same as you mentioned but now with an accelerated pace. With BF2 you could play for 3-4 years with an expansion once a year.... now it's one a year with expansions (DLC) once every 3 months. I don't know if waiting 4 years to make a new BF or COD is really going to make a difference, they can also change/innovate so much. You have to also remember that these titles are so popular now that they have a much bigger development team than before, so they can push the same amount of work out that they did in 3 years before, into one year.

- Do I agree with this yearly release scheme? I really don't know, it's hard on the wallet, lol. I don't mind them releasing a new sequel every year or year and a half, but I think all the DLC should be free, and that's why I never buy the extra maps.

- What annoys me the most is the DLC content. It's $15 for a few maps and sometimes they aren't even new maps (just redesigned ones).

- The yearly releases also have the problem of being rushed, like you mentioned, and that I agree with. Sometimes they should test more but I don't know how that works. BF4 had a long beta to test and the launch was still bad?

- As for patches, all COD and BF games are still being patched and optimized so I don't agree with you there. One of my friends still plays Blops1 and the other day he had an update to download.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

It's a shame that they pretty much abandoned the platform they started on. There is no reason for a mediocre looking game like CoD to run like complete shit.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 FelipeInside

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

It's a shame that they pretty much abandoned the platform they started on. There is no reason for a mediocre looking game like CoD to run like complete shit.

But that's what I've been saying all along, it doesn't after the patch. Sure it still needs work, but I play match after match without any issues.

Launch was a different story all together. It had performance problems, crashes, lockups etc. But so did BF4 until they patched it.

Does it run as smooth as Blops2? Not yet, but hopefully they get it there.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 wis3boi

@FelipeInside said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

But that's what I've been saying all along, it doesn't after the patch. Sure it still needs work, but I play match after match without any issues.

Launch was a different story all together. It had performance problems, crashes, lockups etc. But so did BF4 until they patched it.

and yet you still complain about GTA 4's port. CoD gets a free pass though, even though they've had a dozen releases on the same engine and still **** it up and lie about the requirements and artificially increase them.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 lostrib

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

and yet you still complain about GTA 4's port. CoD gets a free pass though, even though they've had a dozen releases on the same engine and still **** it up and lie about the requirements and artificially increase them.

yeah, i have no idea what IW did with this game. Although they updated the engine, it still shouldn't have caused this many problems

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By wis3boi

@lostrib said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

yeah, i have no idea what IW did with this game. Although they updated the engine, it still shouldn't have caused this many problems

the amount of graphical glitches, artifacts, and general lack of polish and care....not to mention all the reused assets and animations....it's amazing

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#147 mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

Everyone's talking about Ghost launch being glitchy and slow like it's the first CoD to have crap optimisation but don't forget it was the same with Black Ops 1, that ran horribly on launch.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 FelipeInside

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

Ehhhh, there's a bit of a difference there unless you clutching at straws to draw an argument?

GTA4 had a year to get released on PC. The launch was really bad (worse than Ghosts) with problems all over the place (apart from the DRM). Even a year after and with all the patches some people still have problems running it properly. Yes yes I know u ran it all fine since launch but we all know that one PC doesn't mean everyone elses.

Ghosts' launch was also awful, barely playable with performance issues, bugs, crashes, lockups etc. I even said on my first post (if anyone cared to read it) that I regretted paying for the game.

Then 3 days later (3 DAYS LATER) they released a patch which fixed most of the performance issues. I know that because I've been playing just Ghosts after the patch and all the matches run fine.

So comparing GTA4, which took them a year to port and still haven't fixed it up, to Ghosts, which had a bad launch and they fixed most of the issues 3 days later is not a valid argument.

And it's not the same engine, it looks completely different.

You don't even own the game so why do you even comment on the performance if you can't test it? I've got it running on 2 PCs and also check with both my friends how it's running on their PCs.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By wis3boi

@FelipeInside said:

@wis3boi said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Toxic-Seahorse said:

Ehhhh, there's a bit of a difference there unless you clutching at straws to draw an argument?

GTA4 had a year to get released on PC. The launch was really bad (worse than Ghosts) with problems all over the place (apart from the DRM). Even a year after and with all the patches some people still have problems running it properly. Yes yes I know u ran it all fine since launch but we all know that one PC doesn't mean everyone elses.

Ghosts' launch was also awful, barely playable with performance issues, bugs, crashes, lockups etc. I even said on my first post (if anyone cared to read it) that I regretted paying for the game.

Then 3 days later (3 DAYS LATER) they released a patch which fixed most of the performance issues. I know that because I've been playing just Ghosts after the patch and all the matches run fine.

So comparing GTA4, which took them a year to port and still haven't fixed it up, to Ghosts, which had a bad launch and they fixed most of the issues 3 days later is not a valid argument.

And it's not the same engine, it looks completely different.

You don't even own the game so why do you even comment on the performance if you can't test it? I've got it running on 2 PCs and also check with both my friends how it's running on their PCs.

You are rewarding and praising developers for doing a craptastic job on a game that not only looks like complete ass, but runs like ass. Yes, the engine is the same. Congrats, smoke moves now and the lightly is ever so slightly better...its the same engine. There are no excuses for a game to look this terrible and perform that terrible.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#150 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10550 Posts

watched a friend play it for about ten minutes. still looks like same old same old.

plus it ran like arse