Gears of War for the PC... modified executable please reinstall???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VicGI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VicGI
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

I borrowed my cousin's original copy of Gears of War for the PC.

An error message occurs: "Gears of War\Binaries\wargame-g4wlive.exe. You cannot run the game with modified executable code. Please reinstall the game."

And so I am like:

"F*** Y***!!! What modified executable code? You are an original copy! I just installed you stupid game! This is the second time I reinstalled you! What modified executable are you talking about?"

Someone please shed some insight into my predicament.

VicGI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 VicGI

Uhm, k.

Am downloading the patch now...this was an issue apparently and ok, Microsoft did a booboo and has released a patch.

I guess I just overreacted, the game being Microsoft and all...

3DayFinisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 3DayFinisher
Member since 2007 • 40501 Posts
There's often problems with installing/uninstalling/getting the game to run. A bad port in those respects. But generally it runs ok once you're past the initial annoyances.
-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

There's often problems with installing/uninstalling/getting the game to run. A bad port in those respects. But generally it runs ok once you're past the initial annoyances.3DayFinisher

I heard that ms removed the multi-player for the pc version about a year or two ago, is this true?

mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

I think that might of been the problem with the release date check you need the patches.

rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
Bad crack...
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Bad crack...rmfd341
:roll: So everyone who experiances issues with the stupid copy protection methods is a pirate?
xXDrPainXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xXDrPainXx
Member since 2008 • 4001 Posts
Bad crack...rmfd341
It had to do with games for windows not the gears of war executable so no not a bad crack.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Bad crack...rmfd341
the fact is, there is not a bad crack :lol:
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

same thing happened to every legitimate user, the digital certificate or whatever its called expired at the end of last year i think, everyone got the modified exe error, so no-one could play it, they patched it within days though

VicGI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VicGI

God dammit.

So ok. It ran well when I installed the patch. I've made some serious progress in the game. For two days I've been playing.

Then today, PIECE OF F(*(^(&^ SHI&&%#^$!!!!! What the hell happened?

I can't continue from the previous checkpoint? I made it a point to get to a F^&%&#^$ check point before ending last night's gaming. So it tells me that I have no previous progress? FU*^K!!!!!

If I select a chapter, only ACT 1 and ACT 5 are highlighted. And only chapter 1 of each ACT is selectable. WHAAAAT!?!?!?! I haven't even got to ACT FU^*%*^%N' 5 yet!

PIECE OF FU^*%*^ SHI(*^%!!!!!!

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#12 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts
Wow I cant beliveve no one has said this but the same thing happend to me when i tryed to play gears of war pc heres the easy solution just find the time and date on your computer and change the year to 2008 the month or time dosnt matter but the year does so after that you should be able to play it worked for me the problem lies in the game not in your computer
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
Wow I cant beliveve no one has said this but the same thing happend to me when i tryed to play gears of war pc heres the easy solution just find the time and date on your computer and change the year to 2008 the month or time dosnt matter but the year does so after that you should be able to play it worked for me the problem lies in the game not in your computer Darksonic666
Read the thread before posting. Also, patch your game.

[QUOTE="3DayFinisher"]There's often problems with installing/uninstalling/getting the game to run. A bad port in those respects. But generally it runs ok once you're past the initial annoyances.-Origin-

I heard that ms removed the multi-player for the pc version about a year or two ago, is this true?

No, you must have misread wherever you read that, you see Microsoft removed the FEEs for the Multiplayer, originally gfwl used the same system as Xbox Live, and was split into the free Silver account and the paid Gold account. But MS realised how stupid that was and removed the Gold account.
Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Gears of War PC is probably the worst port ever made. Don't be surprised when the games performs like crap, or having a s**tload of problems.

But try this (it actually works): Reset your clock (in the PC off course) to somewhere in 2008.

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#15 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

people on gamespot calm down seriouisly

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#16 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
The expiry thing was fixed many moons ago dear sirs. I strongly recommend you play online with GFW LIVE games, I've yet to lose save games doing it this way. Then again if you borrowed it, chances are your friend registered it online.