Gaming Mouse recommendations

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sam_Fisher_932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sam_Fisher_932
Member since 2004 • 1148 Posts
I'm in need of a new mouse. My current mouse is not a gaming mouse, and the left-mouse button has basically died. I have to press it so hard just to have it click. This, as you may already know, destroys any gaming experience. It was a good mouse while it lasted (for about 6 months). But now, I would like to buy a mouse that will last me much, much longer. My budget is 50 bucks, no higher. I don't want to spend a ton of money on just a mouse. Can I get some recommendations on some good quality mice that will last me a good deal of time?
Strifebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Strifebringer
Member since 2007 • 781 Posts
This Mouse looks to me like a great gaming mouse (and looks sweet too)
RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts
A mouse is more about comfort in your own hands than anything. Go to a local electronics/hardware store where they have mice on display, and get an idea of what you find comfortable. The best mice in your price range I know of are the Logitech G5 and MX518 and Razer Diamondback 3G. I don't much like the Logitech mice personally, but that's mainly because of the way I hold the mouse (mainly just with my fingers, I don't rest my palm on the mouse itself).
Sam_Fisher_932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sam_Fisher_932
Member since 2004 • 1148 Posts
Cool, thanks guys. I'll look into those mice you recommended.
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

i agree with some of the above posts, but if you are looking for gaming mice look at razer and logitech

They aren't cheap but those are where the nice gaming mice are at, I picked myself up a death adder by Razer its nice.

ssta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 ssta
Member since 2005 • 218 Posts

...My budget is 50 bucks, no higher.Sam_Fisher_932

For $50 I buy 10 mouses for my brother. When he loses, he breaks them one by one :D:D:D

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I have a razer copperhead but i've also heard good things about the G5. It really depends how you hold your mouse, if you hold it like me and keep your hand still on the table a razer mouse is proberbly better suited for you, if you move your hand choose a logitech.
Eastdabest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eastdabest
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts

A mouse is more about comfort in your own hands than anything. Go to a local electronics/hardware store where they have mice on display, and get an idea of what you find comfortable. The best mice in your price range I know of are the Logitech G5 and MX518 and Razer Diamondback 3G. I don't much like the Logitech mice personally, but that's mainly because of the way I hold the mouse (mainly just with my fingers, I don't rest my palm on the mouse itself).RayvinAzn

What mouse do you use? I seem to hold the mouse exactly like you do.

DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts

The mx518 is the single best gaming mouse I've ever used. I didn't like the textured body of the g5 nor do I like the shapes of the g7, g9, or any razer mouse. Circuit City usually has all of them on display if you have one of those near you.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
I just got the G9 and i love it
blooddrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blooddrunk
Member since 2008 • 1036 Posts

id say for 50, the cyber snipa stinger. 3200 dpi, weight cartridge, comfort, etc

PLUS IT HAS A F#@*ING RED CORD!

Avatar image for mechwarrior_bob
mechwarrior_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 mechwarrior_bob
Member since 2006 • 1789 Posts
G5 /thread :)
RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts

What mouse do you use? I seem to hold the mouse exactly like you do.

Eastdabest

I'm currently using the Microsoft/Razer Habu, but I'm fed up with it and am getting rid of it. I've used the G9 in several stores and really love it.

JohnD212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JohnD212
Member since 2002 • 621 Posts

I've grown to LOVE the Logitech G5...going from Microsoft mouse to the G5 took a good two weeks to get used to since it requires more of a claw shape to your hand to hold it as oppose to laying your entire hand on the mouse. I love that now.

As important as the mouse is...keep in mind the mouse service you're using it on. Get a good, quality mouse pad that is meant for gaming with a laser mouse. The smoother service will amaze you.