Games where you have your own house (or similar)...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

So my buddies wife is a hard one to please when it comes to picking out new games.  She quite path of exile really fast due to its very dark artstyle and complex features.  Now that doesnt mean she cant play somewhat complicated games like Skyrim and Fallout 3 (she really likes those), just that she would have to love a game to actually take the time and figure out the game (path of exile is one of the most overwhelming game of its specific genre, so its understandable I guess).  

Now, when I ask her what she wants in a game she says she wants to have her own house.  lol what an odd request, but anyway, knowing her, there are other features with simlar satisfaction that would please her.  Games that might be similar to what I am looking for that she likes are Minecraft, Animal Crossing, The Sims, SKyrim, Read Dead Redemption, Fallout 3, and so on.  I would reccomend her Fable, but IMO Fable 1 is the only halway decent one.  2 was atrcocious.  But then again it was so easy she may like it :P.

Basically I am looking for (singleplayer or multipleyer) games on PC (she wont stray for some reason) that have some sort of creation, leveling, exploring, customization and personaliztion options.  Combat is irelevant and for her, almost a bad thing :P.  We all play minecraft and she hates the fighting.  

Thanks for the suggestions!

JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

I realize that this isn't the type of game you are talking about, but Peggle is an awesome game that women seem to really like. It's just plain fun, and if you have an Xbox 360 the multiplayer over Xbox Live is REALLY addicting.

Just a heads up, if you aren't familiar with the game already.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaveedLife

I realize that this isn't the type of game you are talking about, but Peggle is an awesome game that woman seem to really like. It's just plain fun, and if you have an Xbox 360 the multiplayer over Xbox Live is REALLY addicting.

JohnFifteen12

.......lol not at all what I was looking for.

She has played WoW, Diablo III, minecraft, Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, Skyrim, Animal Crossing, and more and likes those.  She doesn't llike Path of Exile (hates the artstyle.  I love it :P) and isnt a big fan of BF3 (she hates PvP.  Me, my bro and her husband play it together).

4-Legged-Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 4-Legged-Shark
Member since 2010 • 1031 Posts

I realize that this isn't the type of game you are talking about, but Peggle is an awesome game that woman seem to really like. It's just plain fun, and if you have an Xbox 360 the multiplayer over Xbox Live is REALLY addicting.

JohnFifteen12
Lol woman like Peggle
tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

one game i found alot of women like is dragon age 2, set it to casual mode and let go

3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 3aNkabot
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts
How about GTA IV or even better Saints Row the 3rd, there is also sleeping dogs all of which you can get your own house / apartment.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NaveedLife

How about GTA IV or even better Saints Row the 3rd, there is also sleeping dogs all of which you can get your own house / apartment.3aNkabot

I am wondering if she will like those games or not since she did like RDR which is similar (and come to think of it she insists on PC yet RDR is not on PC :evil: lol)

I own SRIII and SD and have yet to play them (SO much in my backlog.  Playing Dark SOuls right now, which I imagine would be her worst nightmare lol)

I will suggest those games to her though, thanks.  i think she would love Zelda games, but again, not on PC.  

JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnFifteen12"]

I realize that this isn't the type of game you are talking about, but Peggle is an awesome game that women seem to really like. It's just plain fun, and if you have an Xbox 360 the multiplayer over Xbox Live is REALLY addicting.

4-Legged-Shark

Lol woman like Peggle

Yup, they definitely do.

It's just a really fun and cool game that isn't about murdering as many people as possible or trying to take over the world. A lot of women are turned off by that kind of thing, so a game like Peggle can be really fun for them.

A lot of women like Nintendo games for that same reason, the games are more about having fun and doing silly things than about blowing people to bits and unleashing destruction everywhere you go.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I would suggest Morrowind GOTY or Oblivion..

You can get houses in those. Morrowind if you help the mine is solsthiem, or kill people and steal their house..

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
Show her the Sim 3. She will get addicted. Not trying to generalise but woman love that game, even woman who dont really like games.
khanabyss25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 khanabyss25
Member since 2004 • 279 Posts

I dont know a single girl who hate the sims. Also Ultima online has the best housing system ever.  You could decorate it the way you want adding stuff from your inventory, add flowers of all kinds, artifacts that you've found in dungeons, you could build the house yourself or choose one of the many pre-built ones etc. But yeah that game is probably too old looking for her lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Everquest 2 has the best housing system I have seen..
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

The Sims 3, or Elder scroll's 4, would be excellent pick's.

Bluski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bluski
Member since 2011 • 322 Posts
hearthfire dlc
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Minecraft or Terraria.

ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
If you are looking for things like Skyrim, Fallout and Red Dead, get Neverwinter Nights 2. You basically get to have your own castle, buy merchants and stuff like that. It's pretty decent for a distraction off the main quest. Along with other side quests. Also worth mentioning is Terraria! if you like Minecraft house building. It's pretty much a Minecraft in 2D but I thought it was good. Don't play it much anymore, though.
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Sims 3 seems like the obvious choice and if she doesn't like that..... then....... perhaps you should pimp slap her.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

Minecraft or Terraria.

Goyoshi12
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Tell her to play Minecraft, she can build her own house!
MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts

Shame she never got to play Star Wars Galaxies before it was canned. There's always SWGEMU though. Might also recommend Ultima Online and eventually ArcheAge.

I also recommend Wurm Online and A Tale In the Desert. Both are hardcore crafting MMOs with farming/housing/customization.